9914-89 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 2S7Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.culinafamily.ca/
- Phone: 780-437-5588 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brad Lazarenko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Culina specializes in small to mid-size catering functions specializing in creative hors d'oeuvres menus and family style weddings. Culina also offers their signature 'TV Dinners', a take on the classic TV dinner but made with local naturally raised meats and ethnic flavours.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our entire restaurant which seats 42 people as well as our smaller intimate wine bar for private functions up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ed Donszelmann 7802310373x
A word from Culina Millcreek
A friendly neighbourhood bistro serving contemporary ethnic comfort food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Culina Millcreek - Best Restaurants in Old Strathcona ›
Culina Millcreek reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)neighborhood gem (106)romantic (78)special occasion (76)great for brunch (67)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (28)good for groups (11)late-night find (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Birthday brunchBettiDined on 8/31/2014we went there for a birthday celebration. The food was excellent and the service efficient and friendly. Also, the coffee was great.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantExplorerDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful place to dine. Great for a girls night out or with your spouse. Quiet and cozy but can also be very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner!FatMattDined on 8/26/2014Went for my great aunts birthday, and she loved her meal (Columbian style chicken). The table also had the BBQ pork shoulder, lamb ravioli, and pomme frites which were all good. The place is cozy, and our server was friendly. A little on the slow side, but we werent complaining because the wine was good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HiddenDater69Dined on 8/23/2014Not much to see on the outside. Once inside it is very nice and the food is fantastic and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceYegfoodiesDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Culina and the food was, as always, delicious. That being said, we arrived with a relatively empty dining room and it still took over an hour for our food to arrive. Our server was scattered and I believe we were forgotten for a time as other diners sat after us received their meals long before us (very similar orders). The menu was full of creative local fare, but I very much missed the addition of my favourite dish-the duck. Please bring it back! :)Special Features:
- Fabulous BrunchcleomumDined on 8/17/2014Dishes are creative and delicious. Excellent service! Just be sure to make a reservation on Sundays, or you may be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Been there many times and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice cozy spotJenbowDined on 8/16/2014We enjoy the ambiance and particularly the brunch menu of this little gem of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Culina?FlochuckDined on 8/15/2014Why not when one lives just around the corner. Great, creative menu; specials that really are; delightful patio; and service as good as anywhere. Lambers and mash cannot be beaten, and made upstairs to boot. Why walk further when one may be pampered on one's doorstep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it every timefrequentdinerDined on 8/14/2014Fantastic food and great service. I'm never disappointed here. I happily recommend Culina for brunch, lunch, or dinner.Special Features:
- Always a treatWhereRMyGlovesEdmontonDined on 8/12/2014Some people just know food, know what to do with beautiful ingredients, to turn that into beautiful dishes. Culina is a place like that. Moreover, you get excellent advice on how your preferences relate to the menu, great service, personal.Special Features:
- Not the best Culina dinner I've hadDiscerningDinerDined on 8/12/2014It had been a while since I'd had dinner here. I found the menu and food quality less impressive than previous meals. Most disappointing was the service. We ordered several appetizers and ate them slowly while waiting for our entrees. The server kept trying to clear them away before we had finished, saying that room was needed for the entrees. So we assumed the entrees were on the way. After about an hour, I asked if the entrees would not be served until we had finished the appetizers. The server had indeed been waiting for us to finish the appetizers before ordering the entrees to be prepared. When it became clear that this had not been our intention, she offered no apology for not having asked if we wanted the entrees delayed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice space, Good Food, BAD ServicekmaeDined on 8/10/2014The server was in a terrible mood. She slammed a bottle of water on our table without saying hello or any word for that matter. We ordered our first drink, and she never did ask if we wanted anything else. There was no quality check on our meals. Then the bill came. It was super disappointing. We overheard her complaining a few times about having a bad day. I was frustrated that I could not order some things I really wanted with our meals because she just never came back. The food was great though I must say. I tried to call the establishment to discuss my concerns but no one answered at the Millcreek location, I tried the Muttart location and the woman who answered the phone told me to look on the website and try and find a managers email.
- A great mealSteveinYEGDined on 8/1/2014The location of the restaurant and to style inside is very nice. It took longer than I expected for the server to arrive at our table for the first time. When we had a question about a wine choice, she consulted with the owner of the restaurant to get more information about the winds were asking about. This was good and ended up with a nice bottle of wine. I had the haddock and it was excellent. My date had to steak and she said it too was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinning experienceSuculiciousDined on 8/1/2014Culina Millcreek is consistent in that the food, service and ambiance are always excellent. My wife has a garlic allergy and the chef came out to meet her and discuss what he could prepare for her. The meal was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INTERESTING EATERYkyewDined on 7/30/2014WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD A GREAT MEAL HERE. UNFORTUNATELY THIS TIME BOTH MY HUSBAND ,SON AND MYSELF HAD THE PORK SHOULDER AND IT WAS VERY DRY. WE WERE ALL DISAPPOINTED AS THE PREVIOUS TIME IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! WE STILL WOULD RETURN THERE THOUGH. IT IS A HIDDEN GEMSpecial Features:
- Adventurers, this is a must!NomsterDined on 7/27/2014A menu not too big and not too small, filled with interesting dishes you might not have thought up of yourself at home. No standard fare but everything looks and tastes amazing! I myself just had the granola bowl for lunch, and while I liked the combination of tastes, it did end up being far sweeter than I bargained for. However, I will definitely be back to try out the other fare, and so should you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste Bud AdventuresUnderCoverSpoonDined on 7/26/2014This is always my go-to place to take out of town guests for brunch. My whisky-soaked apple fritters with aged white cheddar, chicken sausage & ginger maple syrup was an excellent wake-up call to my sleepy taste buds. The corn bread with saskatoon butter is the perfect sized appetizer to share. The coffee is great and so is the service too! Thank you for a lovely brunch :)Special Features:
- Consistently wonderful!fillmybellyDined on 7/25/2014I have dined at Culina Millcreek three times over the last year, and the staff are attentive and friendly. Most importantly, the food is always amazing! It's a lovely spot for good food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suzyqDined on 7/22/2014I really enjoyed dining here and I must say the Insalata Caprese was amazing!!!! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014Simply put the service was excellent. Casual but not sloppy, friendly but not common.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJillianLauraDined on 7/16/2014Amazing food, cute little spot. Great for date night.Special Features:
- Culinaluv2eatDined on 7/16/2014The restaurant is small but cozy, the server was busy but efficient, service was well paced with adequate time between courses. The entree special was a rabbit ravioli with wild mushrooms, which I rated good and the tenderloin was rated excellent by my wife. A good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner for twoZeroThaHeroDined on 7/15/2014This restaurant is one of incredible quality, shining out in the moderately bleak Edmonton dining landscape. Every dish that my spouse and I ordered was of the utmost top quality, and was clearly prepared and presented by someone who takes great pride in their work! We each had an appetizer, an entree, multiple "beverages", and shared a desert, and the tab (all-in) was a modest $150! We were also impressed with the apparent production of a monthly, dynamic menu (or, as stated on the card, "Bill of Fare",) hinted at by the fact that the menu actually said "July" on it. We will definitely be returning to this establishment, most likely after a seasonal shift, so we can test our hypothesis regarding the fluidity of their fare offerings.Special Features:
- arlaDined on 7/15/2014The only thing for me personally is that there was only one option for vegetarians - in the entree level. (it had goat cheese). It was DELICIOUS! I would have liked to see more options maybe though.... my friends LOVED their food too.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014as always. dont know why i have to have this be 50 characters but i'll type something to fill it inSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014All of our good was way too salty. They did not have our reservation on their system.
- JmappDined on 7/12/2014I would of preferred a choice of waffles or pancakes for the brunch, otherwise the meal was excellent that was only my concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Really enjoyed the "special event" Brazil night dinner. More please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Was disappointed that there was no brunch menu but was very happy with the lunch selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealMichDined on 7/5/2014We were a group of 6 ladies out for a stagette. The meal was incredible - portion sizes were amazing. Price was great. The only downside was that there weren't enough staff. Only two servers for the entire restaurant and no bartender. We were only able to order two drinks each in the three hours we were there because they were just too busy. It was nearly a half hour before our first drink order was taken and close to an hour before we received the first drinks. That part was quite disappointing, and would make me hesitate to recommend or return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEnergieDined on 7/5/2014First time dining here and we would definitely go back . The waiter was real friendly and attentive. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, all aroundircanuckDined on 7/5/2014Went for a nice dinner for a three month anniversary. Servers were outstanding. Friendly, helpful and accommodating. My girlfriend had the house white wine and really enjoyed it. I partook in one of their many non-alcoholic cocktails and also enjoyed it, as well as the fact that they offer options for those of us that do not drink. We had an appetizer, dinner and desert, and everything was fantastic. I'd highly recommend this resteraunt to anyone looking for a nice romantic spot. The location is also nice, as we went for a walk along the river valley following dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBreezinDined on 7/3/2014Right from being seated to being served the food, it was disappointing. It took over 20 minutes to get our first cocktail. We were celebrating a birthday and our last visit to the restaurant was two years ago, at time it was excellent all round. This visit service was extremely slow, staff was very friendly but my steak came rare when I ordered medium.Special Features:
- Top notch!ThirdTimesACharmDined on 6/27/2014Food presentation was top-notch. Waiter was extremely friendly and attentive yet not overbearing or intrusive. Ambiance was quaint and cozy. Wonderful experience overall! Still perfect after my first visit nearly 8 yrs ago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice...memoriesDined on 6/24/2014We chose Culina for our 25th wedding anniversary dinner upon recommendation of our son. Upon online review of the website and Urban Spoon, we made our reservation. We were not disappointed at all; everything met our best expectations. We had a very memorable evening. We are highly recommending Culina as a special dining experience.Special Features:
- WhereRMyGlovesEdmontonDined on 6/21/2014Great food, we were well guided in our choices. Bit salty...Special Features:
- Foodie ParadiseNicMcQuadeDined on 6/20/2014I've been going to Culina's for a view years now; special occasions, date night, or even just wanting to eat something that blows your mind. The food is never less then amazing, the wine list is great and the staff knowledgeable enough to make suggestions. Well worth bang for buck, and trust me you'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Culina Millcreekannabellee78VIPDined on 6/17/2014Culina is on the pricey side but it is a definitely a treat each time I go there. Their food is unique, well plated, and delicious. Also, service is generally good. The patio at lunch is great, but at night time with the fancy lights it feels like you are in a little European cafe. A true delight.Special Features:
- luvyegyumDined on 6/15/2014Managed to get a last minute reservation - very pleased with the service. Our server was attentive and the food was delish. Can't really think of many places in Edmonton that I can have a great mimosa and a fancified huevos rancheros for brunch. Definitely will be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.