72595 El Paseo Ave
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cuistotrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7603401000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:15pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Bernard Dervieux
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cuistot
Cuistot offers fine California/French cuisine and is located at the Southwest intersection of Highway 111 and El Paseo. Cuistot has consistently earned top ratings in the Zagat Survey and was named one of six restaurants in the United States to score a perfect 100 for food by the Conde Nast Traveler. Dine under the stars on our beautiful terrace overlooking a desert water oasis or in one of our elegant dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cuistot - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Cuistot reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (26)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OutstandingSandyDined on 9/27/2014From the time we arrived, until we left the night was exceptional, food, service, ambiance.Special Features:
- left without eatingmortyDined on 9/23/2014Arrived 11:30 for lunch with my wife. We ordered and after about 30 minutes our food arrived. My order was wrong. They took it back and said your right order will be here shortly. My wife didn't want to eat her meal be for mind arrived. After another 15 minutes we notified the reception desk we were just going to go. They said ok and did not charge for the salad wife had not eaten. We did not go to this restaurant just to eat. We went to enjoy a beautiful after noon and spend time together. l'm not sure if the waiter was qualified or experienced. I even pointed to the menu and said this is what I want, but my order was wrong. We have been to this restaurant many times, but after this experience ,we will probably not go againSpecial Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Had a great lunch at Cuistot. Extensive wine selection, including by the glass. The food was simply done resulting in distinct flavour profiles. The Lobster Bisque is a wonderful example of the type. I have no idea how they manage to get the duck to fall from the bone. Had a bit of an issue with the wine aeration system but given the general ambiance of the restaurant and the quality of the food, the incident was quickly forgotten - well , until we laugh about it again. Very easy to spend a lot of money, but equally simple to enjoy a satisfying, reasonably priced meal. One thing that would be good to see, especially from a French style bistro is a cafe gourmand dessert selection.Special Features:
- One of the BestFergieDined on 9/17/2014This is not only a top restaurant in the desert but one of the best anywhere in the world? We travel a lot and this would be a top restaurant in Paris. I had the Fresh Dover sole flown in from the English Channel. Wonderful ! Not for you people looking to save a buck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwineDined on 7/12/2014Service was very spotty. Took 30 minutes to get a menu. Food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!RobRoyDined on 7/2/2014The entire experience at Cuisot was fabulous! You can even order flowers when you book your reservation on-line. My fiancée and I had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- on their wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Overall, the food and ambiance is very good. Its a little too quiet, live music (piano or quiet guitar) would definitely liven the place up a bit. The chef has the taste of the food down, but its time to work on proportions and appearance. For example, i ordered a salad that had more apple slices than lettuce, but the mustard dressing was delicious. And i ordered a mushroom pasta, that was mainly wide noodles and sauce. The sauce was good, but only found a few mushrooms. Looked like what i make at home. I would go back, but hoping for some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond!OrangeIrishDined on 6/13/2014I love food - period. I love the aroma, appearance, taste and the preparation. Cuistot was beyond my expectations. Everything we tried was exceptional. Each dish had an unusual preparation from the escargot, the vegetable preparation to the sea bass in crust - the taste was delicious. I came back the next night and tried the duck - amazing. The wine list is extensive and the sommelier is down to earth and wonderfully helpful. I don't usually drink cabernet blends but he reccommended the perfect wine for the duck. The noise level is very subdued. A delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OneDinerVIPDined on 6/10/2014If you only get ONE dinner when in the area, this is the place to be. Each time we visit we have dinner here at least once, sometimes twice. But if we are here for just one night, the choice is simple.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I was in Palm Desert celebrating my 1 yr anniversary with my girlfriend and it was a great great restaurant for the occasion, we plan to go back next time we take a vacation in Palm Desert, hopefully next time its an anniversary for being married... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurePerfectDined on 6/8/2014Our group of 6 enjoyed the last evening of "Restaurant Week Menu" at the wonder Cuistot. Food was wonderful, as well as the friendly-professional service. Always a treat - never disappoints.Special Features:
- Very good as usualrealfussyfolksVIPDined on 6/7/2014We have dined here many times and have always found the food to be very good with caring friendly service. Significant menu variety from Dover sole to Quail stuffed with sweetbreads. Extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food adequate service exp winedesertdinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was very good, but tempered by great restaurant week prices. I would have been disappointed with the portion size at the substantially higher usual prices. Service was not up to standards of a restaurant of this style. Wine list very extensive, but need more wines at moderate price. I'm being hyper critical, but Target brand soap in the rest room? At least put it in a container. Expect more from an establishment that sells a wine for $12,000.Special Features:
- SuperiorRichDined on 6/6/2014Even though it was restaurant week, and it was our first time at Cuistot, we were treated like honored guests. The food and the service were superior. We will be back.Special Features:
- Absolutely beautiful restaurantups2011VIPDined on 6/5/2014We visited many restaurants in Palm Desert and Palm Springs this week and enjoyed Cuistot the most. It is a beautifully designed and decorated building with food and service to match. It was a fantastic fine dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Always a favorite dining spotfrediamDined on 6/4/2014We invited friends from La Quinta to join us for dinner during Restaurant Week. We have been to Cuistot several times and had always enjoyed the food and wine. The service is outstanding and an excellent wine selection. The four of us each had lamb which was beautifully prepared and they said they would definitely return as will we.Special Features:
- Just a bit offHopeDined on 6/4/2014I have to say I was very disappointed in both the service and the selection of entrée for the special restaurant week dinner. I have been here for Lunch and it was wonderful, but the meal was just not spectacular as I had hoped. The Rack of Lamb was tiny, as were all of the portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 705 reviews are from the Cuistot reviews archive.
- Luxurious and ElegantChowDined on 5/30/2014This is a grand restaurant which would measure up to its French counterparts and yet is not stuffy. The food is excellent and the restaurant week menu a real treat. In addition to a fine table d'hote, each night there was to be a menu dedicated to one of the gastronomic regions of France at the same price. The service is extremely professional with knowledgeable and dedicated staff. I wish we'd had another week in Palm Springs so that we could have revisited Cuistot and sampled the wide variety of delights. Five exceptional stars! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDodeDined on 5/29/2014What four of us discovered at Cuistot's in late May -- mediocre food and service that force fed the idea, "if we expected quality, we would need to order from the main menu." Even a good wine did not help turn the chicken cilantro sauce into something "magical" as promised, or the cassoulet into something that brought back memories of visits to France. None of us could recommend this restaurant.
- Great as UsualEatnGoodStuffVIPDined on 5/27/2014We have been to Cuistot many times and have always found the food outstanding. The mussels were awesome as part of the chef's "Tour of France - Normandie"! This time there did seem to be some confusion surrounding service. Fred was great as always, but we were not clear about who our waiter was (Fred is the Sommelier). When we ordered a glass of wine with Fred to accompany our dinner, another waiter brought it. My wife noticed that Fred was also on his way with wine and was turned back by the waiter with a comment that it was already poured. I would have preferred Fred to deliver the wine since he is very knowledgeable on the subject. Staff should always assist one another, but there should be one "point of contact" per table!Special Features:
- HH@ CuistotsBanker33Dined on 5/25/2014This is a fabulous place for HH... and you can make a reservation for HH and request a booth vs setting at the bar. How cool is that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is NOT ONLY the FOOD!MrRobertsDined on 5/18/2014Yes, the food is notable! But it goes beyond that. The atmosphere of the dining is all part a wonderful food and building interior and the comfortable booths allow conversation while enjoying your dinner. Save room for the Peach Cobbler! One is plenty large enough for two persons!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOversixtyDined on 5/11/2014Cuistot is a special occasion restaurant for me and they did not disappoint. They offer a quality selection of items and when compared to other overpriced brunches in the Valley, I feel it is the best value for the price. The food and service was very good with a relaxed atmosphere. They display smaller portions that need to be replenished more frequently. On the up side everything is very fresh, on the down side something might be empty when you are at the buffet table. Not to worry though, they keep it coming. Dirty plates and utensils are removed promptly; clean eating utensils are frequently replenished at your table. Wish there had been a better dessert selection. More chocolate, berries, and a cheesecake would be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How SuperHowieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Just for a pleasant evening out or celebrating a special event this restaurant is the best.Special Features:
- SegregationAldanteVIPDined on 5/3/2014We requested the price fixe dinner both on open table and via phone. When we arrived we were seated and given a menu when we asked for ghe price fixe menu they told us we had to move to another dining room! Are you kidding? We've eaten at 5 star redtsursnts from the price fixe menu in the main dining room and not the lounge. They refused to serve us so we left! Unbelievable, they made the mistake and we have to leave.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2014That was a first time dining there with relatives-we enjoyed everything-food, ambiance,interior,service. great place, will be dine there againSpecial Features:
- OutstandingCheekyDined on 4/27/2014Creative chief. Knowledgeable courteous service. Andrew, our waiter, gave excellent menu selections. Interesting decor. We ate in the dining room. The bar can get a little noisy.Special Features:
- Always great for special diningGaryKDined on 4/26/2014Cuistot is dependable for a great menu, fabulous service and unmatched ambience in the desert. We look forward to dining there several times a season.Special Features:
- A special nightexperienceddinerDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate our birthdays @ Cuistot's. The place is elegant and we were greeted warmly. We wanted to share a bottle of our favorite wine, a Pouilly Fuisse. Unfortunately, they were out of stock. We chose a Macon Villages Chardonnay which was excellent. Unfortunately, the waiter left a full glass in the wine chiller which we discovered when our taxi had already arrived. The lobster pot pie was excellent but a bit "runny". I would have preferred more tail meat than claw meat. The flavors were superb. My wife ordered a chicken dish which she said was excellent. They brought us a special dessert on the house in honor of our birthdays. The dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassDarleneDined on 4/26/2014Top of the line in every way. Service, food, ambience. One of the best, if not the best in the Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely SettingLovGoodDiningVIPDined on 4/24/2014We had very slow and indifferent service. The food was just OK. Very few unidentifiable and tasteless veggies on the plate. One of our guests, orderred lamb that was not tender. Over all it was a disappointing and expensive evening. The setting is beautiful however.Special Features:
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2014The reason my rating was low is that lunch was served in the Bistro. I always prefer the fireplace room, but apparently you don't serve lunch there except for Fridays. The fireplace room rates five stars. Cuistot is my favorite restaurant in the valley.Special Features:
- "Formidable"GourmetFoodieDined on 4/20/2014As a gourmet foodie this was the perfect Easter Brunch. Amazing food and wonderful ambience. The charming restaurant was full yet there was no buffet line wait for a meal worth having. With plenty of variety yet not overdone nor wastful. The service was so attentive without being intusive. We will be back next year with our friends and family. Yes this even requires "Bravo" to the chef and all who were of service at Cuistot that day.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchRBRBDined on 4/20/2014The brunch was as good as a brunch on Easter can be. It was not up to the usual standards of this restaurant, which I have always rated as outstanding in every way. The selection of food was good but it was not replenished as it should have been. I think that the kitchen was overwhelmed with the number of people they had to serve in a short time. I went back to the hot table twice and found two items that were not available. To the credit of the restaurant, there was good variety but as I said it was not all available when I was looking for it. An example of that is the eggs benedict and the french toast. Also, we were seated outside and there were not enough umbrellas available to cover our whole table. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyVIPDined on 4/19/2014When ever in the Rancho Area, this is the place for fine French Dining !!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DlisamaDined on 4/17/2014Very nice, food was excellent! Wine Stewarts and waiters hovering with wine pouring, rushing the wine cosumption...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oui!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/15/2014Gorgeous dining room, but we chose to dine al fresco. Extensive wine list, beautiful smoked salmon/beet/cream cheese appetizer. Tempted and tried both tasty soups, but save room for the perfectly prepared and generous portions of meats (we had the lamb chops and rib eye). Very attentive, professional, and warm service. Truly wonderful night out (and one of if not the best chefs in the Palm Springs environ).Special Features:
- Very specialOccasionalDined on 4/15/2014Wonderful menu and wine list. Fabulous evening with special friends made memorable by the food and service.Special Features:
- Fabulous!SheilaracDined on 4/15/2014Perfectly wonderful!!! Salmon and Lamb to die for. All fresh and beyond delicious!!!! The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent french foodtimandsteveDined on 4/12/2014quail stuffed with sweatbreads, an original invention of chef (cuistot) was wonderfully original and expertly done. the quenelles simply melted in your mouth. the braised artichokes had a delicious flavor, but they were too chewy and tough. the buttery sauce was good for dipping bread. veal chop was beyond delicious, probably the tastiest thing on the table. sommelier was excellent and really added a lot of value to our evening and the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.