72595 El Paseo Ave
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cuistotrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (760) 340-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour everyday! 4:00pm-6:00pm Bar Menu: Everything delicious $9.50 and under.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernard Dervieux
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cuistot
Cuistot offers fine California/French cuisine and is located at the Southwest intersection of Highway 111 and El Paseo. Cuistot has consistently earned top ratings in the Zagat Survey and was named one of six restaurants in the United States to score a perfect 100 for food by the Conde Nast Traveler. Dine under the stars on our beautiful terrace overlooking a desert water oasis or in one of our elegant dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cuistot - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Cuistot reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (23)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (12)good for groups (9)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- ExcellentFoor4MeDined on 11/22/2014We have been to Cuistot's a couple of times before - this by far the best (other visits were outstanding as well). We celebrated my wife's birthday and the food and wine - along with the service were top notch - I highly recommend experiencing it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2014Atmosphere and waitress Angela were excellent. We love the fireside room.Special Features:
- Excellent French RestaurantTdrexVIPDined on 11/15/2014Wife an I celebrated our anniversary here as the restaurant is one of our top favorites in the valley. We asked and received a table on the terrace in view of the fireplace. With exception of a bit of confusion about the exact wine we ordered, everything proceeded perfectly. Food, service, ambiance were perfect. The chef visited our table to give us his good wishes and sent a delcious light desert with a lit candle to acknowledge the event. A perfect evening. Thank you Cuistot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in Palm Desert, outstanding!ErfcDined on 11/14/2014Terrific dinng especially for a special occasion. For us, our 55th anniversary! Excellent service, outstanding dinner and a very nice Pinot. My husband had the New Zealand rack of lamb, delicious! I had Dover sole from the English Channel, just as delicious as I remember it from the Dorchester in London fourteen years ago. Split a tasty Caesar salad and a lemon meringue tart. We first discovered this restaurant some 15 years ago when it was tucked behind a dress shop on El Paseo. For 11 years it has been in its own beautiful French farmhouse at El Paseo and 111. We have celebrated several anniversaries here. When we visit Cuistot, it is always a highlight of a trip to the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb French Food/Wine List, as good as in LyonmustangVIPDined on 11/14/2014Our meal of carrot-ginger soup, pike quenelles with light cheese, sea bass on spinach with a sauce of grapes as well as my husband's medallions of beef with crisp galette of potato was superb. How do you choose a wine to accommodate fish and meat? 2010 Cabernet Franc Thierry Germain Domaines des Roches Neuves Saumur Champigny (13%). The most surreal aspect of the lunch was the clothing models who came up to our tables handing out printed cards with fashions on them. They would twirl around and talk to anyone who would listen about their designer. They do this at various restaurants on Fridays and other days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DesertDinerDesertDinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Exceptional food and service quality. I had the quail stuffed with sweetbreads and my dining partner had the pheasant stuffed with morel mushrooms. Each dish was wonderful and our server was friendly, but not overly, meet our dining needs, and made an excellent wine recommendation. We were dining on a special occasion and we were started with complimentary sparkling wine -- and ended with a complimentary dessert. It was a very special evening. Thank you, Cuistot.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DiningdesertfoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014Beautiful ambiance in this large restaurant. Indoor, outdoor plus bar. Excellent service and friendly staff. Food is continental but extremely pricey. Fish entrees $48 with scant amount of vegetable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulLuv2dineDined on 11/2/2014Intimate and romantic, perfect for special occasion. Great cocktails and wine list. I emailed asking for a special dessert and they actually read it and created the dessert although not on the menu. Very impressive and I'm very grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuistot RocksI8wellDined on 10/31/2014Admittedly it wasn't busy at all the night we were there, in late October, but the service was very attentive and the food was excellent. The manager even gave us a walking tour of the adjoining park, which also provides a waterfall view and pleasant outdoor ambiance.Special Features:
- fine dining at the hearthBibGourmandDined on 10/30/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place, the best spot was for us at the fire place – It was omfortable dining outside on good chairs near the hearth. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The Rabbit and Filet mignon were wonderfull. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable but very special like the New York Long Island Souvignon Blanc. The Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting - excellent foodBostonTravelerDined on 10/24/2014By chance, I spotted Cuistot in a list of "must dine" restaurants provided by a friend of a friend. It was wonderful. We sat outside by the fireplace and found it to be a relaxing way to end our busy week. Our drinks were perfectly prepared. I had the mushroom soup which was excellent - creamy but not too rich. Our group of three chose different entrees - the filet, a pasta dish, and sole. My companions raved about their meals. The sole was tender and light with perfect seasoning. We each ended our experience with the lemon tarts with meringue - exquisitely tart, beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Hidden gemMesmirageDined on 10/14/2014You might have to search to find it ( tucked in fabulous landscaping) but what find when you do. The patio overlooks a sculpture garden of the neighboring art museum, with waterfall and lagoon. Beautiful French Farmhouse setting, the food & service outstanding and bonus....not a wallet buster.Special Features:
- Birthday LuncheonBD4AMDined on 10/9/2014I took my friend to Cuistot to celebrate her birthday. She had never been to the restaurant before and just loved it. She enjoyed her entree, moules very much. I had the box lunch consisting of eggplant soup, salad, stuffed chicken breast and carrot cake. Loved the eggplant soup and the chicken was also delicious. I noted the birthday celebration on the reservation and we were presented with a lovely strawberry sweet with a candle. How thoughtful! We could not have enjoyed our lunch more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014I chose Cuistot to celebrate a friend's birthday. We had a wonderful time, the food was terrific and the service was excellent. The Chef was kind enough to offer the perfect desert for my friend. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSandyDined on 9/27/2014From the time we arrived, until we left the night was exceptional, food, service, ambiance.Special Features:
- left without eatingmortyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Arrived 11:30 for lunch with my wife. We ordered and after about 30 minutes our food arrived. My order was wrong. They took it back and said your right order will be here shortly. My wife didn't want to eat her meal be for mind arrived. After another 15 minutes we notified the reception desk we were just going to go. They said ok and did not charge for the salad wife had not eaten. We did not go to this restaurant just to eat. We went to enjoy a beautiful after noon and spend time together. l'm not sure if the waiter was qualified or experienced. I even pointed to the menu and said this is what I want, but my order was wrong. We have been to this restaurant many times, but after this experience ,we will probably not go againSpecial Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Had a great lunch at Cuistot. Extensive wine selection, including by the glass. The food was simply done resulting in distinct flavour profiles. The Lobster Bisque is a wonderful example of the type. I have no idea how they manage to get the duck to fall from the bone. Had a bit of an issue with the wine aeration system but given the general ambiance of the restaurant and the quality of the food, the incident was quickly forgotten - well , until we laugh about it again. Very easy to spend a lot of money, but equally simple to enjoy a satisfying, reasonably priced meal. One thing that would be good to see, especially from a French style bistro is a cafe gourmand dessert selection.Special Features:
- The following 720 reviews are from the Cuistot reviews archive.
- One of the BestFergieDined on 9/17/2014This is not only a top restaurant in the desert but one of the best anywhere in the world? We travel a lot and this would be a top restaurant in Paris. I had the Fresh Dover sole flown in from the English Channel. Wonderful ! Not for you people looking to save a buck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwineDined on 7/12/2014Service was very spotty. Took 30 minutes to get a menu. Food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!RobRoyDined on 7/2/2014The entire experience at Cuisot was fabulous! You can even order flowers when you book your reservation on-line. My fiancée and I had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- on their wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Overall, the food and ambiance is very good. Its a little too quiet, live music (piano or quiet guitar) would definitely liven the place up a bit. The chef has the taste of the food down, but its time to work on proportions and appearance. For example, i ordered a salad that had more apple slices than lettuce, but the mustard dressing was delicious. And i ordered a mushroom pasta, that was mainly wide noodles and sauce. The sauce was good, but only found a few mushrooms. Looked like what i make at home. I would go back, but hoping for some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond!OrangeIrishDined on 6/13/2014I love food - period. I love the aroma, appearance, taste and the preparation. Cuistot was beyond my expectations. Everything we tried was exceptional. Each dish had an unusual preparation from the escargot, the vegetable preparation to the sea bass in crust - the taste was delicious. I came back the next night and tried the duck - amazing. The wine list is extensive and the sommelier is down to earth and wonderfully helpful. I don't usually drink cabernet blends but he reccommended the perfect wine for the duck. The noise level is very subdued. A delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OneDinerVIPDined on 6/10/2014If you only get ONE dinner when in the area, this is the place to be. Each time we visit we have dinner here at least once, sometimes twice. But if we are here for just one night, the choice is simple.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I was in Palm Desert celebrating my 1 yr anniversary with my girlfriend and it was a great great restaurant for the occasion, we plan to go back next time we take a vacation in Palm Desert, hopefully next time its an anniversary for being married... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurePerfectDined on 6/8/2014Our group of 6 enjoyed the last evening of "Restaurant Week Menu" at the wonder Cuistot. Food was wonderful, as well as the friendly-professional service. Always a treat - never disappoints.Special Features:
- Very good as usualrealfussyfolksVIPDined on 6/7/2014We have dined here many times and have always found the food to be very good with caring friendly service. Significant menu variety from Dover sole to Quail stuffed with sweetbreads. Extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food adequate service exp winedesertdinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was very good, but tempered by great restaurant week prices. I would have been disappointed with the portion size at the substantially higher usual prices. Service was not up to standards of a restaurant of this style. Wine list very extensive, but need more wines at moderate price. I'm being hyper critical, but Target brand soap in the rest room? At least put it in a container. Expect more from an establishment that sells a wine for $12,000.Special Features:
- SuperiorRichDined on 6/6/2014Even though it was restaurant week, and it was our first time at Cuistot, we were treated like honored guests. The food and the service were superior. We will be back.Special Features:
- Absolutely beautiful restaurantups2011VIPDined on 6/5/2014We visited many restaurants in Palm Desert and Palm Springs this week and enjoyed Cuistot the most. It is a beautifully designed and decorated building with food and service to match. It was a fantastic fine dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Always a favorite dining spotfrediamDined on 6/4/2014We invited friends from La Quinta to join us for dinner during Restaurant Week. We have been to Cuistot several times and had always enjoyed the food and wine. The service is outstanding and an excellent wine selection. The four of us each had lamb which was beautifully prepared and they said they would definitely return as will we.Special Features:
- Just a bit offHopeVIPDined on 6/4/2014I have to say I was very disappointed in both the service and the selection of entrée for the special restaurant week dinner. I have been here for Lunch and it was wonderful, but the meal was just not spectacular as I had hoped. The Rack of Lamb was tiny, as were all of the portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxurious and ElegantChowDined on 5/30/2014This is a grand restaurant which would measure up to its French counterparts and yet is not stuffy. The food is excellent and the restaurant week menu a real treat. In addition to a fine table d'hote, each night there was to be a menu dedicated to one of the gastronomic regions of France at the same price. The service is extremely professional with knowledgeable and dedicated staff. I wish we'd had another week in Palm Springs so that we could have revisited Cuistot and sampled the wide variety of delights. Five exceptional stars! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDodeDined on 5/29/2014What four of us discovered at Cuistot's in late May -- mediocre food and service that force fed the idea, "if we expected quality, we would need to order from the main menu." Even a good wine did not help turn the chicken cilantro sauce into something "magical" as promised, or the cassoulet into something that brought back memories of visits to France. None of us could recommend this restaurant.
- Great as UsualEatnGoodStuffVIPDined on 5/27/2014We have been to Cuistot many times and have always found the food outstanding. The mussels were awesome as part of the chef's "Tour of France - Normandie"! This time there did seem to be some confusion surrounding service. Fred was great as always, but we were not clear about who our waiter was (Fred is the Sommelier). When we ordered a glass of wine with Fred to accompany our dinner, another waiter brought it. My wife noticed that Fred was also on his way with wine and was turned back by the waiter with a comment that it was already poured. I would have preferred Fred to deliver the wine since he is very knowledgeable on the subject. Staff should always assist one another, but there should be one "point of contact" per table!Special Features:
- HH@ CuistotsBanker33Dined on 5/25/2014This is a fabulous place for HH... and you can make a reservation for HH and request a booth vs setting at the bar. How cool is that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is NOT ONLY the FOOD!MrRobertsDined on 5/18/2014Yes, the food is notable! But it goes beyond that. The atmosphere of the dining is all part a wonderful food and building interior and the comfortable booths allow conversation while enjoying your dinner. Save room for the Peach Cobbler! One is plenty large enough for two persons!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOversixtyDined on 5/11/2014Cuistot is a special occasion restaurant for me and they did not disappoint. They offer a quality selection of items and when compared to other overpriced brunches in the Valley, I feel it is the best value for the price. The food and service was very good with a relaxed atmosphere. They display smaller portions that need to be replenished more frequently. On the up side everything is very fresh, on the down side something might be empty when you are at the buffet table. Not to worry though, they keep it coming. Dirty plates and utensils are removed promptly; clean eating utensils are frequently replenished at your table. Wish there had been a better dessert selection. More chocolate, berries, and a cheesecake would be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How SuperHowieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Just for a pleasant evening out or celebrating a special event this restaurant is the best.Special Features:
- SegregationAldanteVIPDined on 5/3/2014We requested the price fixe dinner both on open table and via phone. When we arrived we were seated and given a menu when we asked for ghe price fixe menu they told us we had to move to another dining room! Are you kidding? We've eaten at 5 star redtsursnts from the price fixe menu in the main dining room and not the lounge. They refused to serve us so we left! Unbelievable, they made the mistake and we have to leave.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2014That was a first time dining there with relatives-we enjoyed everything-food, ambiance,interior,service. great place, will be dine there againSpecial Features: