Cuisine de Saigon
192 W Gartner Rd , #124
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
Cuisine de Saigon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cuisine-de-saigon.com/
- Phone: 6307803030
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French, Vietnamese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Cuisine de Saigon
A French-Vietnamese Restaurant in Naperville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cuisine de Saigon reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent Svc and Good FoodDwpLjpVIPDined on 5/14/2014Super friendly service directly from the owner and the beef pho and wrapped tilapia were excellent in this simple decor great spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors and aromasCJT1VIPDined on 3/29/2014Cuisine de Saigon continues to provide authentic Vietnamese dishes that brighten a meal. This time I had a curry soup with vegetables, shrimp, and noodles -- rich spicy flavors in every spoonful made this stand out. Every dish is worth trying. Most of their dishes go for $8 to $14 and you can't get a better price/flavor than what they serve at Cuisine de Saigon. Their Pho soup is a great meal in a bowl. Owners are very attentive to customers and make them feel at home. Décor is very appealing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingmaddy13Dined on 3/29/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant. My partner and I arrived for a 6:30 reservation on a Saturday night. Did not need reservation since only two tables had dinner guests. In the 90 minutes we were there only 3 more tables became occupied. The item that we wanted to order which was a popular dish was sold out. Hard to understand since there were very few people in the restaurant. The noodle and vegetable dish we ordered had 4 protein options. The one we wanted, shrimp, was not available. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Very Good Vietnamese CuisineNadrojiVIPDined on 3/8/2014If you're an adventurous eater and are looking for something different, give Cuisine de Saigon a try. It's a relatively small restaurant with authentic and tasty Vietnamese (and other Asian) dishes accompanied by good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedreneDined on 2/14/2014service and ambience good. we ordered egg rolls and shrimp egg roll for appetizer. was ok. egg roll needs meat or shrimp. steak au poivre needs more taste, so does the cubed meat.
- poor qualitykathiDined on 12/31/2013This was a very poor experience. I should have paid more attention to the other negative reviews. The spring rolls -- meh. Fresh and hot but with little flavor, especially the accompanying sauce. The clay pot fish: first, it was not prepared in a clay pot. Second, this dish should have caramelization but didn't. The crepe: bland and extremely greasy. There are very good Vietnamese restaurants in the Chicago area. This isn't one.
- As expectedAtethereVIPDined on 12/2/20135 for late lunch. All dishes were good but pho was bland thus the lower rating for what should be a signature Vietnamese dish. Service has never been too helpful but they try and decor is not the draw.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vietnamese food is more than pho.Glcc42Dined on 11/6/2013I decided to venture out of my comfort zone re Vietnamese food. I had a delicious quail for appetizer and an entree where I softened the rice wrappers with a bowl of water and filled with absolutely delicious lemongrass pork and fresh fresh fresh condiments. And what delicious shredded pickled carrots. Worth an adventure away from your norm. The custard cake not too shabby either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Viet. FiodwwjdredheadDined on 9/21/2013Very good spring tools and egg rolls . Entree was tasty . Creme Brûlée was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Deelish FoodDwpLjpVIPDined on 9/11/2013Unique dishes, the quail appetizer was amazing gourmet level and even the egg rolls had a more tasty crust than you typically find. Pho soup had incredibly tender beef and hearty base and the clay pot basa fish was deliciously unique with a seared surface and perfect tenderness. Friendly straightforward service. Interior design very low rent. Cardboard cartons of beer greet you at the entrance and you then notice the GIANT boombox sitting on a table overlooking the simple wood tables. Wines by the glass had lots of choices, but our two glasses were too cheap tasting for our taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2013Great local restaurant with very good food and a family atmosphere.Special Features:
- End of the Night dinningTank2kVIPDined on 9/5/2013WE showed up 30 minutes prior to closing and this I am sure had an impact on the meal quality. The meal was fresh and tasty, I had the deep fried spring rolls and they were excellent, but my vermicelli was cold, and this took a little off the meal to me. I also had the Vietnamese Ice Tea for the first time it was awesome. We left and waited outside for the Hilton Shuttle to take us back and the server and cook locked up and left right behind us...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013This was our second time at this restaurant. It was extremely disappointing. There was one waitress for the entire restaurant. The menu had changed and the food was not as fresh. Not sure I would go back after this.
- Disappointed. Was expectingBethVIPDined on 8/9/2013Disappointed. Was expecting better food. Fresh egg roll had not so fresh shrimp. It tasted bad. The pho was okay. The catfish clay pot was okay.
- Service at Cuisine de SaigonCJT1VIPDined on 7/27/2013Service at Cuisine de Saigon has improved. We were served our meals within 10 minutes and everything was very flavorful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitFamilyRunsARestaurant2VIPDined on 7/26/2013Seated immediately at table reserved for 4. On this evening they were clearly a little short staffed and things a little slow or forgotten as staff of 2 running around can't keep it all straight. On the positive side, you never fell rushed at this place and you can relax and spread out. Background music is nice and noise level good but not too loud. Appears to be a family run place but not 100% sure on that. They really needed a separate person to just buss tables, refill water or grab a beer on this busy Friday evening. It is worth a try if you have never been here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2013Lots of healthy options, fresh ingredients, moderate pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Vietnamese FoodFoodlover2013VIPDined on 7/12/2013Having grown up eating real Vietnamese food I was happy to find actual Vietnamese people working here. Had a dish made out of la lot leaves that I haven't eaten in 20 years- it was yummy. Also the dessert albeit really for Asian palettes was exactly as my mother made it. Pricey but we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemeat123Dined on 6/15/2013I highly recommend this restaurant. I've spent a lot of time travelling in Asia, and am usually disappointed in the Asian food you can find in the states. Not only was the food outstanding, but the price was surprisingly reasonable. While the strip mall location was far from scenic, it made parking a breeze compared to trying to eat at any of the bigger name spots in downtown Naperville.Special Features:
- worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2013very good food. service was fair; not bad, just not professional. very few wine selections. we'll return but hope they give it a breeder shot in the armSpecial Features:
- Excellent Vietnamese foodCJT1VIPDined on 5/11/2013This place offers very authentic Vietnamese cuisine at reasonable prices. Their Pho (soup with meat and noodles) is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location in a strip mall doesdlittledDined on 3/8/2013Location in a strip mall does it a disservice as the food was excellent but the attentive and friendly staff made it a pleasurable evening.Special Features:
- Worth a tryFamilyRunsARestaurant2VIPDined on 3/2/2013This is clearly a young family run restaurant. The service was a little slow but genuine and we enjoyed the food and overall experience. I think our bill including drinks and tip for 4 adults was around $125. I will go again to try more dishes on the menu. Give it a try if you want to try something new and you are open minded.Special Features:
- Food is decent. Service triesAtethereVIPDined on 1/25/2013Food is decent. Service tries to be helpful but need to coordinate better among themselves and recommended appetizer and entree that were nearly identical ingredients and preparation. It was good but we wanted to try different items. We did not think the seasonal sausage roll was anything too special but they say it is a customer favorite so decide for yourself! Modest prices, good food and friendly service are worth another visit.
- Nice exotic menu. Food isOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2013Nice exotic menu. Food is nicely prepared and served. Taste is excellent. Ambiance is upscale from most Vietnamese restaurants I've been to. Owner and staff take pride in their food and service and it shows. We've been there several times since they opened and are impressed with the consistent quality and value.Special Features:
- Not ready for prime timeMarkoVIPDined on 11/10/2012This restaurant has so much potential yet it falls flat in several key areas. The quality of the food is very good but the retaurant attempts to do too much. Instead of focusing on preparing a few dishes really well- it has a menu that includes too many selections. Another pet peeve I have is when an upscale restaurant decides that it needs to put photos of its entrees on the menu. These seem like small points but it goes to the overall lack of restaurant management skills at this establishment. The service was very irratic (the waither never even asked if we were interested in ordering desserts). With this said, the appetizers and entrees were good and illustrated the potential that the restaurant could achieve.
- YummmmmmmmmSusanVIPDined on 10/27/2012The food was fantastic and unique and fresh! Yummmmmmoooo!The owners were so genuine and kind and looking to do such a good job.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/7/2012Mixed review. Food was very good, though the service and pacing of the dishes were below average. One waiter for the entire restaurant was insufficient. He had to take orders, present the food, and bus tables. While there was another woman present to assist, she failed to do anything more than fill water glasses. As to the food, great rice paper rolls, good noodle dishes, and helpful waiter who clearly needed assistance. Will visit again in the hope that service will be improved since the food and price points were fine.