2930 College Ave
Berkeley, CA 94705Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cuginimanzone.com/
- Phone: (510) 649-8600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am-5:00pm; Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Manzone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer take out for customers, catering both for pick up or on site with complete staff available for off site events.
A word from Cugini Manzone
Authentic Italian Restaurant. Imported wood burning pizza oven from Italy. Specializing in Pizza, Calzone, Pasta, Salads, Grilled fish and meats. Italians wines and beer on tap. Food for take out. Heated patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cugini Manzone reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Wonderful experienceJenniferDined on 11/3/2014My fiance and I had been here one other time and we wanted to go somewhere special for his birthday. So I made a reservation on Open Table and requested a great table and told them it was my fiance's birthday. Not only did they greet us by name when we walked in, but they sat us at the table right at the window. The service was perfect all night and they even comped our dessert for his birthday. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a couple looking for a romantic dinner. Our experience at Cugini Manzone was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedsuziQDined on 10/23/2014We frequented the predecessor to this place and thought we'd try this despite the early lackluster reviews. We were all pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our family dinner here! Everyone found something to like on the menu and we especially enjoyed the pizza (great crust), and the bruschetta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very acconodatingLovegoodfoodVIPDined on 10/10/2014We were a group whose # changed a couple time. The restaurant was very accommodating no matter our size. Good was really good! Service was great!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantRosieDined on 9/28/2014I love their generous portions and excellant food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent service and atmosphere. Food was aduquate but nothing special.
- Thanks, love it!NaomiLeeDined on 8/31/2014Very happy with the new Cugini Manzone--same open, sunny room with wonderful food. The caprese was tabu (fresh mozzarella, as touted) and pizza--magnifico!Special Features:
- Expensive, indescribableUrbaneVIPDined on 8/13/2014I will admit to being prejudiced; my wife and I were fans of Filipo's which used to occupy this real estate. Filipo's was comfortable in menu, pricing, and ambience. The warm spinach salad at Cugini was not warm, the pancetta was over-cooked, it and the pine nuts were scarce, and there was shaved Parmesan on top which was not listed on the menu. My crab cakes were very good, well seasoned, not overly breaded and the aioli was rich and tasty. My wife ordered the mussels with Calabrese sausage, which the waiter described as mildly spicy. She had to rush home for some yogurt to cool her mouth off. There seems to be a disconnect between what the kitchen, wait staff, and the menu think is being served. Too bad there's only one kind of sausage.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Cugini Manzone reviews archive.