510 San Anselmo Ave
San Anselmo, CA 94960Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cucinarestaurantandwinebar.com/
- Phone: 4154542942
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday & Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jack Krietzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an enclosed patio area with heating that seats up to 30 people.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Krietzman 4154541861
A word from Cucina
Cucina Restaurant & Wine Bar is a great neighborhood place to enjoy one of our pizzas from the wood-burning oven, or savor our many pasta dishes and entrees, while perusing a vast selection of Italian Wine. Our wine list features 250 selections, focusing primarily on all the great regions of Italy, with some interesting Spanish and California offerings as well. We have our main dining room in front, with a great view of the wood-burning oven. We also have a cozy Wine Bar in back, where one can chose either a table or counter dining, for a quick glass of wine, or a leisurely dinner. In the warmer months, we also have a handful of tables outside on the wood bridge. Our wine bar is the perfect spot for a larger group of people, and can accommodate up to 16 people in a semi-private style. Come enjoy our local favorites of Tortellini al Forno, Carpaccio di Zucchini, Stuffed Artichokes, and Seabass Fra Diavolo. We serve pizzas every night except Friday and Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- disappointinggabberVIPDined on 9/5/2014This has always been a favorite but restaurant was just sold.The service was poor--waiters much too busy with understaffing.Menu has been significantly downsized.Food OK but not like it had been. we were overcharged ,this was corrected. It may have been new owner jitters,but I will wait a long time before returning.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Service is rated low because it was the owner's last day and lots of people came to say good bye. Our party of 4 didn't know this and we had an hour and 15 minutes to wait after we ordered our food. Hopefully this was a one time event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEIGHBORHOOD JEMleftyDined on 8/23/2014This really good neighborhood gem is my favorite kind of restaurant, where you might run into people you know, where the atmosphere is nice, but relaxing, where you can park, and you don't have to make reservations weeks ahead of time. It's also my favorite kind of food: fresh, well prepared with local ingredients and attention to detail, but not overly precious details. Its tucked away charm is also romantic if you're in the mood for a romantic evening. At Cuccina you can sit outside on a warm evening. They have a few candle lit tables lined up along the wooden bridge to the side of the restaurant so you can look out at the trees and the creek that runs along under the bridge as you dine.Special Features:
- Rude waiter, mediocre foodKapster2146Dined on 6/7/2014I've eaten here several times and I always wonder why I go back. They have a delicious spaghetti Amatriciana which is what I usually order. This time I ordered a linguine with anchovies, prawns, olive oil and garlic. Either they forgot the anchovies or there were so few I couldn't taste them. There wasn't enough salt and pepper in San Anselmo to get any flavor in this dish. Our waiter was rude and arrogant. Practically throwing our dishes on the table and then rushing off. This restaurant is not cheap. Definitely not worth the price.Special Features:
- StasserwStasserwDined on 5/31/2014All of the staff was quite friendly and you could tell they wanted you to enjoy yourself. We all shared pizzas made in their brick oven. Very authentic Italian with thin crust. A classy place with a relaxed feeling. Good wine list although we all had beer .Special Features:
- The following 257 reviews are from the Cucina reviews archive.
- Nice neighborhood spotaudsDined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed a lovely meal catching up with old friends. Good food, great service and nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeeWeeVIPDined on 5/1/2014Consistently a great place. The stuffed mushrooms are a favorite, as well as the Burrata!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local TreatAceblushDined on 4/25/2014Friendly vibe, attentive service, food was well-prepared and very flavorful. Complimentary garlic bread with tomato relish was excellent. Smaller room in the back by the bar is a little quieter than the main dining room in front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014The food was very good. The salad with the fava beans, peas and asparagas was excellent. The food portions could have been a little larger or come with a small salad or some vegetables. We went early before a play so the restaurant was very quiet which worked out great for us. We had a party of six. The service was good without too much hovering. The wine list was a little pricey.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014Wonderful restaurant...great staff...best italian restaurant in townSpecial Features:
- Everything was just fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Everything was just fine. A really great evening of good food. We have been to Cucina many, many times, and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable favoriteJohnVIPDined on 3/22/2014Have been to Cucina many times over the years. Hadn't been in a while. What a great spot. Food is consistently good and the service is always friendly. A San Anselmo gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last to leavegillvdwDined on 3/22/2014Delicious food, good waiter recommendations, great friendly service. Salads were delicious and short ribs so tasty. We arrived at 7.30pm, met up with friends who had never been to Cucina and were the last to leave at 10.45pm. Fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we really like CucinapensterDined on 3/22/2014We've been to Cucina several times and each time the food is delicious. Service is consistently pleasant and helpful. The atmosphere is very relaxed. I will say that it's a bit louder than i would prefer…but the positives outweigh the negative. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cucinaclaudiaDined on 3/21/2014made reservation but on arrival place was empty..told them i had made a res through open table..seated immediately..by the time we left place was full thanks open tableSpecial Features:
- Always love the food and ambianceWineandFoodDined on 3/8/2014Always love the food and ambiance here! The toasted bread w tomato garlic they bring automatically to the table makes everything better! Good for kids or a date or whole family. Love the two room atmosphere...great place to take my boy who likes to watch the game but I can still get nice wine and food! Warm zabaglione is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was a disappointmentLike2eatoutDined on 2/21/2014Dinner was a disappointment . We have been there Twice before and have never been overwhelmed With the food. However this was the worst meal And last time we will go there. Dinner was Over $300 for 5 people and the only wine Purchased was $38. The prawns had about 12 Medium sized pieces on the order and they Were obviously from a bag of frozen shrimp. That's all that came with the order. Nothing on The menu indicated that the overpriced entree's Came with no sides. VERY OVERPRICED! I might add we had no coffee or dessert. So the cost Per person was almost $60 each for 1 bottle of wine 5entree's and 2 appetizers-and the food wasn't even good.Special Features:
- A Bit loud... A bit overpricedValentineGuyDined on 2/14/2014It was a bit crowded with wealthy families of locals who most likely don't cook much at home... and loud with their voices that were raised to talk and bark over the crowd noise. Didn't enjoy the experience and won't return anytime soon. Too many other good choices in Marin.
- High quality food. Very goodFoodforlifeDined on 2/14/2014High quality food. Very good service. Fit for foodies. Neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Nice EveningCKinMarinVIPDined on 1/29/2014We had a nice dinner here this week. This is a cozy spot and our food was good. We especially loved the Insalata Rosso. The spinach mezzaluna pasta dish was okay, but the bombolotti al sugo was quite good. The only negative was that several children there with their families apparently had no parents watching them. They were sitting in the back area but ran through the main restaurant several times and no parent ever came in. A little disturbing for the rest of us and the wait staff.Special Features:
- Great local restaurantEMBEEVIPDined on 1/25/2014It had been a while since the last time we ate at Cucina only because we had cut back so far on eating out during the past year. The meal was delicious, service was good and we will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodtishtash22Dined on 12/24/2013We went to this place on Christmas Eve because it was close and was one of the only places open! Overall the people I went with enjoyed their food- it wasn't amazing, but it was good. I had the risotto, which was a little soupy for my taste but had decent flavor. The steak my husband had was cooked well and had good flavor, but it was just a steak on top of a bed of arugula- no sauce, no sides. One thing that I heard was delicious (but could not have due to having Celiac Disease) was the bruschetta. The rest of my group had it and they were amazed at how good the tomatoes were for it being winter. All that being said, I wouldn't not go there again- but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there another time.Special Features:
- Mixed bagPaleomanDined on 12/6/2013Convenient location in 'downtown' San Anselmo, Cucina is not a big place, but the bare, tall walls reflect all of the sound and it is quite loud. It's a friendly noise, though, and the place has a rather neighborhoody atmosphere. Some of the food was quite good—the bruschetta was tasty, and also the calamari; but the pizza and the pasta dish we had were under seasoned and nothing special. If I were in the neighborhood and hungry I might stop in and try something else on the menu, otherwise, I probably won't return. For the moderate prices, better meals can be had in central/southern Marin.
- Ask not to be in the backDeniDined on 10/26/2013Ask not to be in the back room.........service not as good - cramped tables
- So soNapKinDined on 10/25/2013Started well with salads and apps. Good complimentary tomato bruschetta to start. Margarita pizza completely without flavor. Pastas were bland and uninspired. Server was helpful with wine suggestions ans tastes but we could not get his attention for most of the meal even when he passed by our table many times so we had to flag down others for help, check, etc. Won't return.Special Features:
- Let Pedro pick your ItalianMissSFVIPDined on 10/11/2013Let Pedro pick your Italian red... He doesn't miss!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatjohnnyDined on 10/11/2013Very happy with this restaurant, very thing was great. Will be going back soon.Special Features:
- All of the food was good exceptBigAlVIPDined on 9/27/2013All of the food was good except my entrée. The linguine with scallops had only one sliced scallop and little sauce. A big disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!Golfer4LifeDined on 9/12/2013This little place is a gem - we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- The pastas are superb, spaghettiDipsea99VIPDined on 9/6/2013The pastas are superb, spaghetti was wonderful and the gnocchi was very good. Flavorful bruschetta, fresh salads, and the most real Tartufo dessert you have ever tasted outside of Italy. Local San Anselmo ambiance with the flavor of italia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2013Great food and reasonably priced...wonderful ambience..Special Features:
- San Anselmo’s new Chuck E. Cheese’slove2eatVIPDined on 8/3/2013When seated, we were told back room would be quieter. Wrong. Table of 12, 8 of whom were children, appeared as our meals were served. The children were unbelievably loud and misbehaved. We were no longer able to hold any conversation, packed our meals to go and escaped out the back door. Management refused to intervene, acknowledged the noise level in the small room was off the charts, and seemed to be begging for forgiveness of their inability to control the situation. If you expect management to take responsibility for your dining experience, this is not the place for you.
- Great neighborhood ItalianBigAlVIPDined on 7/19/2013Great neighborhood Italian restaurant. Food much better than expected.Special Features:
- Cucina...almost but not quiteMarkosoundDined on 7/13/2013i was on a date with an exquisitely amazing woman. Cucina did not add much. I waited tables professionally for over 7 years. In nice places, just like this. I never served nor was served an entree without any sides...We ordered fish. And i was pretty taken aback to see two plates arrive with just the fish...no creatively prepared side dish to compliment the dish at all. And i am not cheap. But the price of each plate was near 20 bucks...and no sides???? seriously. And no mention of this other than the omission on the menu. i thought that perhaps it was going to just be a creative choice of the chef depending on what was available...not a stupid assumption given this is marin... not going back nor will i recommend. Sad.Special Features:
- Very disappointed. The onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/26/2013Very disappointed. The only positive was the hostess who greeted and seated us. Hard to find anything appealing on menu and dish I ordered was bland, very skimpy on the meat. Waiter seemed inexperienced and inefficient.
- Cucina is a great little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2013I met a friend for dinner there on a Tuesday night. The restaurant is very small but we were able to get a nice table in front. We ordered an appetizer (eggplant) and an entree to share (snapper). Both were very good. My only complaint is that the wine by the bottle is very expensive (nothing under $40) so you may want to bring your own if you plan on having more than one glass. Not sure what the corkage fee is. Fortunately for us Tuesdays are 40% off wine by the bottle.
- Food was great!louiseDined on 6/8/2013At first thought it was a bit pricey- but once the food came thought it was worth it. The beet/arugala salad was awesome- so was the salmon salad crustini! Great presentation, ingredients were fresh and superb- loved the italian waiter as well. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, warm invitingJulieVIPDined on 5/31/2013Excellent food, warm inviting ambience, great service, and an overall wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bruschetta ever! MenuKathyDined on 4/26/2013Best bruschetta ever! Menu changes every few days. Great Italian food. Knowledgeable and friendly service.Special Features:
- Fourth Time is Definitely not a ChaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2013Our fourth visit to this restaurant... food has always been good; service has been hit or miss. Our 6PM reservation for a table was ready when we arrived. Through no fault of our own, our meal arrived at 7PM. We asked the waitperson as 7 o'clock approached where our meals were, as many of the patrons who had arrived after us were eating. She said they were "plating them up right now". I am sure they lost our order, but would not cop to that. We also received no apology for the lengthy delay. We have been going about every other week for the last two months. Time to take a break from this place.Special Features: