1390 Pear Ave
Mountain View, CA 94043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cucinaventi.com/
- Phone: 6502541120x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Zomora
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer a great catering menu. That everyone loves. Providing plates, utensils, napkins, etc. for free as well as no delivery fee. ( Hard to find. )
From our platters size options of salads, sandwiches, pizza's, pastas, and so on. Every choice is wonderful. As well offering a mixed dessert of tiramisu and cannolis.
- Entertainment: Wednesdays and Thursdays live music in the restaurant from 5pm-8pm
This is also a wonderful choice for dinner or lunch on your way to Shoreline or Pear movie theater.
- Special Events: Cucina Venti is a great choice for your next event. Offering an event management team. We can take care of your next event. From A-Z, you wont have to worry about a thing. Just come and have fun.
A word from Cucina Venti
To the sea breezes of the Amalfi Coast and winding back through the ancient towns of Tuscany, Cucina Venti has captured the soul of Italian cooking. We take pride in bringing you the very best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina Venti reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fast service when you need itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014We were held up it traffic getting to the restaurant and needed to make a play at the Pear Theater down the street. The staff at Cucina Venti understood the problem without us having to say a thing. The service was excellent, the food delicious, and we made our play.Special Features:
- something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2014we brought a new friend to dinner this night and we loved sitting outside in the front patio...great night, pleasant service and food choices for all. great salads and tasty warm-baked bread. the short ribs are a favorite! we didn't stay for dessert this night but will next time, for there will be a next time...with more friends!Special Features:
- Group dinner during a classLeacDined on 9/9/2014Parking was a little tough to find in this strip mall find, but the food was fantastic and service was good. I had a wonderful bowl of mussels. I also highly recommend the Bocce Meatballs- wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014we had a party of 20-22 for lunch and the staff was great - the food was served so quickly, that it made the most of our busy work day luncheon celebration! food was great on all levels. did i say the staff was wonderful??? we LOVE coming here for dinner onesies, twosies and groups of 20! great variety of food choices for all palates and requirements - flexible too. one of our company faves!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceMiranda2showDined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 4 for dinner. Food was great, and so was the service. I really love the friendly atmosphere, white lights and outside tables. In a hurry up world, I felt like we were not rushed and made to feel welcome and attended to. I am taking my boss to lunch there today!Special Features:
- Great food, hiccups with serviceDragonflydebDined on 8/2/2014We ate at Cucina Venti for the second time before a concert at Shoreline. There were 4 of us, & it was early so we were eating a bit light. My hubby & I split a greek salad and a pizza. One friend ordered an entree salad & a bowl of soup, the other a green salad & the short ribs. We were asked if we wanted the salads to come out first, & we said yes. Our friends received their salads, but we did not get ours until the pizza came out. The short ribs came out before our friend had a chance to eat her salad. We talked to our waiter (who was wonderful) and he said that he did ask for it to be timed differently, but sometimes the kitchen gets busy and doesn't read the order. In summary, the food was good, but the experience wasn't as good.Special Features:
- Great spotwestcoastfoodieDined on 7/27/2014Everything was great - food, service, value- we will return. Sit outside - it's really noisy insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and a good mealSteveDined on 7/16/2014Kinda tucked away in a corner of a bustling strip center, we were fooled by the location thinking we ran across a simple pizzeria. How mistaken we were. The menu was broad enough to satisfy our party of 12 without one person ordering what I'm sure was probably very good pizza! Wine list was adequate and our servers attentive. Don't plan on making it a late night here though, they started tabling chairs and mopping floors before we were ready to leave....obviously they close early. Overall, very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Missing the gelato!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious as always, but Cucina Venti used to have a wonderful selection of yummy gelato. The only desserts available were tiramisu and cannoli.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationredhead65Dined on 7/9/2014we arrived early for my husbands birthday celebration. They placed us at the table I had requested on Open Table. While taking our drink order, our waiter, Giovani, made sure to get our grandson a plastic cup for his drink. The food and following service was perfect, attentive without being overbearing or overdone. we had brought a bottle of wine and it was opened at the perfect time. Earlier we had dropped off the birthday cake. It was served with our coffee with great fanfare. My husband loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choice!BravoDined on 7/9/2014It's nice to see a good, high-quality restaurant in this area. Excellent food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceFalguniMDined on 6/19/2014This place has very good quality food and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- this place get better everytimejschDined on 6/14/2014We love this place. Everytime we eat here we love it more. The staff is very friendly & helpful. The food is amazing. The cocktails are creative. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodFoodielover2Dined on 6/6/2014This place never disappoints. Always has great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-If Out of the WayttommyVIPDined on 6/1/2014This find in between the Computer Museum and Shoreline Amphitheater is an excellent Italian restaurant and a terrific choice on your way to a show or any other time. Our group was impressed with and enjoyed every dish we shared. There take on Linguini Carbonara was incredible.Special Features:
- romantic feelabc123Dined on 5/25/2014As you walk in you instantly get a romantic vibe. Service was excellent. Food was good. Drinks are strong. Would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Our experience at Cucina Venti was excellent. The food was good. Our server was especially good- pleasant, attentive, plugged in. We were seated in a booth in the back which allowed for nice conversation. The bar was not busy so it was quiet. KateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the Cucina Venti reviews archive.
- Great little gemdebofoodsDined on 5/11/2014For being in a small strip mall I was very surprised as to how nice the restaurant was, very charming. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian foodUmeandDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed! The lamb cops are very good! Salmon nicely done and a starter on mussels very nice. We woul return to try different dishes. Prices reasonable. The restaurant is a bit difficult to find but worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!foodlover2Dined on 5/8/2014Everything is super good, from the food to the great service! I work close by and visit for lunch about once a week.Special Features:
- Great FindLAH13VIPDined on 5/6/2014My husband and I dined at Cucina Venti before a movie at Shoreline. We sat in the bar area and will definitely do this again. The next time I went with my book club and we sat by the front door. There are several tables for groups. Great dinner--everyone ordered something different. Excellent paella with just enough zip. Others were amazed they hadn't eaten there before and all will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncover hidden ingredientsRdsxfanDined on 5/1/2014Ordered the Sizzling Prawn appetizer. It appeared to be grilled prawns on a bed of greens. My mistake was eating the prawns without looking under the greens, the chili infused olive oil was hiding under there. It was delicious and would have made the prawns explode with flavor. I saved the night by drizzling into my spaghetti and meatballs. They should create a Spaghetti Diavlo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchBoboDined on 4/25/2014Five of us had a birthday lunch for our friend. The service was great, the food was excellent. Close by, no waiting, food came promptly and we all enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- Not What I Was ExpectingSatisfiedDined on 4/15/2014Beautiful interior. Food was certainly different. Fried Calamari was soggy, fried in oil that must have been a little too cold, set on a bed of spinach that showed all the grease, but dipping sauces were excellent. Fettucine carbonara must have been a recipe that I have never tried before. Lots of mushrooms, chunks of fresh tomatoes, kind of soupy and the pancetta tasted like it had been parboiled with very little taste. The pasta was fresh and good. Caesar salad was mix your own. Plate came with chunks of lettuce and croutons with sauce on the side. We extra ordered some anchovies. Not memorable. Guest had ordered chicken marsala which she said was very good.Special Features:
- Great food10splayerDined on 4/12/2014All our dishes were very good. Wine list is a little pricey , but some varieties are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corporate DinnerkwoodsVIPDined on 4/10/2014I hosted a dinner with a group from work and the staff did a fantastic job. This is a wonderful neighborhood find!Special Features:
- Amazing Menu & Bar, Hidden Gem!LLThompsonDined on 4/5/2014I have been to Cucina Venti several times for business lunches which offers wonderful, healthy, tasty choices in a timely manner. While searching for our date night dinner near Mountain View Cinemark theaters I remembered this gem. We had a hard time choosing off this huge menu, especially since the specials were hard to resist. My spinach salad with pears and grilled salmon, made me forget I was on a diet. My husband had the calzone which luckily I got to taste. The pizza crust is so thin and light, with amazing fillings. Great wine list and amazing pizza, pasta, salad, steak, chicken, risotto and gourmet choices. LOVED the cabernet sorbet and gelato choices. Can't wait for my next meal at Cucina Venti!Special Features:
- a KeepercarolVIPDined on 3/28/2014We love Cucina Venti. We like the atmosphere and the food is fabulous. Sometimes we ask to be served fast to get to the movie (Century 16) which is a block away. I had chicken piccata and my husband had pizza and we were in time for the opening of Noah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Find...JillVIPDined on 3/15/2014Tucked away in a strip mall right down the street from the History of the Computer Museum - this place rocks! Great food - from pizza to filet mignon - everything is done just right.Special Features:
- across Shoreline from the theaterLizaBDined on 3/10/2014pizza is really good - this is cuisine pizza - the closed pizzas have incredible thin crust and great insides. salads also are excelent. attentive staff - they remember you are going to a movie. Went on a monday so don't know how busy it gets.Special Features:
- Smallest spaghetti portion everOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/7/2014Have enjoyed meals here before, but not this time. We came in just for a glass of wine and a plate of pasta with my husband. Portion was so tiny I actually asked the waiter to bring more pasta - I've never done that before. And this was simply spaghetti with meat sauce. The waiter actually said to me he would "have to check". It was inexcusable. My husband's spicy sausage pasta dish was relatively bland and not nearly as good as their linguine Leonardo that is no longer on the menu.
- Great time, great food!JohnDined on 3/2/2014Right off the freeway and so easily accessible to our children who live in the North Bay. We were a party of nine for my husband's birthday with four children, three of whom are under five. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The staff was thoughtful and efficient. The menu is interesting and food is excellent. We live in Almaden Valley - we will make the drive back because it was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A consistent good choiceSavvyAbbyVIPDined on 2/22/2014I've been here before but decided to bring my Dad on the way back from a show in San Jose. My Dad is picky -- he wants good value AND good food. He was impressed with everything about this restaurant. He enjoyed the food and thought the restaurant had a "festive" look to it at night. I very much agree. Even though we have some fantastic choices at home in San Carlos, we won't hesitate to make the drive down to Cucina Venti for an excellent alternative.Special Features:
- Expected better servicePianoplayerDined on 2/15/2014I selected this restaurant based on the good reviews on Open Table about the service. When we arrived, there were large parties waiting. After I checked in with the hostess, she just pointed to my table and instead of walking me to the table, we had to just get ourselves there. My husband seriously thought that I had just chosen a random table to sit at. Nobody came to offer us drinks or take the order. We had to flag down somebody. The drinks came but the bread never made it nor was it ever offered. And when we wanted a refill on our drink, we had to flag a waiter (again!). I was very disappointed with the service. The food was good but portions were on the small side.
- The food was great, but itFoodmanDined on 2/14/2014The food was great, but it took about 2 hours to show up. We didn't order for about 25 mins because the server never came back. Then the food took at least and hour and a half to come from the kitchen. They were both relatively simple pasta dishes.
- We went there because we wantedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We went there because we wanted an Italian meal for Valentines day. We did not realize that there was a set meal (4 choices) for Valentines Day. It did not seem particularly Italian. Also, the meal was very expensive $60/person not including wine. The service was excellant but we ended up paying about $174.00, which was much too high for what we got.
- great restaurantcljeungDined on 2/14/2014I've been going to this restaurant for 3 years and have never been disappointed. The food, wait staff and ambience are always top notch. When my iced tea glass was empty, a waiter took it away, saying he would refill it. When he didn't return, we just flagged another waiter and he immediately brought me another glass. The food is always very delicious. It is wide open so some noise travels, but amazingly, it is not that noisy. One can eat outside in front (small strip mall) or outside in back (on Shoreline near the movie theaters) but it is on the cozier side. When one of the wait staff was resting, the boss (?) came by and told him that there was always something to do. And the wait staff is always doing something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experienceSanjosedinerDined on 2/13/2014We live in the neighborhood and always enjoy eating here. They are attentive and the food is always tasty. We went with a table of 6 and found it all set up for us when we arrived, a very nice evening for all our guests.Special Features:
- Great place to eat not on Castro StOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2014This was a great find with great food. I was looking for a plane for a group dinner of 10 not on Castro St in downtown MV. This was perfect and the service was great. My only issue is the parking, it's shared with other stores so was very limited and many in the group had to park several blocks away and walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!foodloverVIPDined on 2/7/2014We were going to the theater next door, so we ate here for convenience. It was the best meal, that I have had in ages. Delicious and healthy. My friend agrees. We had the butternut squash soup, mango salad, and scallops with spinach and roasted potatoes. All perfect. I want to tell everyone about it, but unfortunately it is geographically undesirable for my friends. However it is across from Shoreline movie theaters, so it would be the perfect pre-movie dinner for others. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.