1390 Pear Ave
Mountain View, CA 94043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cucinaventi.com/
- Phone: (650) 254-1120
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Zomora
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer a great catering menu. That everyone loves. Providing plates, utensils, napkins, etc. for free as well as no delivery fee. ( Hard to find. )
From our platters size options of salads, sandwiches, pizza's, pastas, and so on. Every choice is wonderful. As well offering a mixed dessert of tiramisu and cannolis.
- Entertainment: Wednesdays and Thursdays live music in the restaurant from 5pm-8pm
This is also a wonderful choice for dinner or lunch on your way to Shoreline or Pear movie theater.
- Special Events: Cucina Venti is a great choice for your next event. Offering an event management team. We can take care of your next event. From A-Z, you wont have to worry about a thing. Just come and have fun.
A word from Cucina Venti
To the sea breezes of the Amalfi Coast and winding back through the ancient towns of Tuscany, Cucina Venti has captured the soul of Italian cooking. We take pride in bringing you the very best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina Venti reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (17)great for lunch (14)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- INCREDIBLE service & GREAT foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/9/2014I enjoyed a pre-theater dinner here months ago and though of it to host a large family celebration on a Sunday afternoon. What a great decision. The manager was extremely responsive and helpful - even ordering special linens - and our wait staff absolutely could NOT have been better, Food was outstanding and very fresh: mouth wateringly delectable sea bass salad, subtle and spicy garlic prawns, the infamous bocce ball meatballs. Great for a small party of 8-12. No private rooms but they cater and have lots of experience with large groups. You can order family style meals if you like. Beautiful bar AND outdoor patio. The perfect balance between being treated like you're a guest in a friend's home AND at an elegant restaurant.Special Features:
- Expensive wine listMaxfoodieDined on 11/7/2014The restaurant is a strange mix: advertises itself as a pizza place but the wine list has very few moderately priced wines. For a restaurant with the kind wine list they offer, they should have a greater variety of entrees. Very little here for someone who is watching her carbs.
- Highly recommend this place......OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Great menu, food and service w/nice decor. Will return for sure!Special Features:
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Poor neighborhood atmosphere. Across an alley from a 7-11. Next to a Starbucks. We parked next to a dumpster. Noisy. Hard to hear a conversation. Limited menu. Extremely expensive wine list for standard wines. Cork in the glass. Would not consider preparing vegetables without onions. We left before ordering.
- TravelledtheworldTraveltheworldVIPDined on 11/1/2014We love this "hidden gem" , probably should not write a review , want it to remain as it is!! Great atmosphere, delicious food and wonderful service, can't say more. We travel a lot and love to come home to this special neighborhood place.Special Features:
- thank youredhead65Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Cucina Venti so very much. We were celebrating our daughter's birthday and her 3 year old so was with us. They accommodated him with grace. We had the grilled lamb chops and my husband had the steak. They changed out the rice for mashed potatoes. The fella who suggested our wine made an excellent choice for us. It was a E16 Pinot Noir. We love going to this restaurant because it is so reliable, food is great, and the service is not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, tasty foodem22Dined on 10/24/2014The service was accommodating, and there were plenty of options. Food was tasty with portions almost too big to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La10VIPDined on 10/15/2014Great service and good food! Really enjoyed the plaxeSpecial Features:
- Service was amazing!widgetVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was great, and the bar scene was quite creative. Even more impressive: I was coming in for a group special occasion. They bent over backwards to make sure my group was happy. I was quite appreciative as it led to a very special dinner. Easy walk to the Google campus for those catching the shuttle ;-)Special Features:
- Cucina Venti is fantasticcarolVIPDined on 10/10/2014We go for dinner and then to the movie which is across the street. My husband likes the pizza and I like the specials. I had the pumpkin special with 3 generous slices of roasted pork. Included was a small hollowed out cooked pumpkin, a beautiful presentation, with pumpkin rosato for $19. The beet salad was great too. The warm bread is always a treat. The wait staff is very friendly and efficient. This is a place we like to introduce to friends because it is special and different. I left my credit card by mistake and of course they secured it for my return.Special Features:
- Hidden gemZebragirlVIPDined on 10/4/2014I love the secret location for such a fabulous restaurant. It's in a strip mall that is nothing special but the ambiance when you walk in takes you away and transports you to a lovely little dining spot. A great place to grab a real meal before or after a movie as the theatre is across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneAnneDined on 10/3/2014Cucina Venti is a surprise find off Shoreline in the business park on the Moffett Field side of 101. Excellent personal pizza! Delicious pasta! Very good filet mignon if you want to splurge. I come here with friends and all four of us love it! Perfect for dinner before seeing a play at the Pear Theatre or before or after a movie at Shoreline.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Fabulous! Wonderful, wonderful food here...many items on menu, good service!Special Features:
- A FindStentorDined on 9/19/2014I needed to find a place for a business dinner in Mt View where one of the party needed to catch an SFO flight. CV is convenient to 101, and the food was great. Loved the octopus salad. Took a little effort to find, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blue dogbigBDined on 9/17/2014Needed a quick Mt View review for dinner with friends for out of town near the area. Did not need to be overly foodie but good. Saw 4 plus star rating on Open Table ok give it a try. Friendly people, sat outside next to expressway but nice evening. Service fairly attentive and cordial. Food was good but not "foodie" which I might have expected to some modest degree at the Open Table rating level. 2 matinis, 2 apptizers, 2 glasses of wine, three entrees, 1 salad. Food "B" nothing wrong with it but no 'wow" factor on anything. $175 included 20% tip.Special Features:
- Fast service when you need itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014We were held up it traffic getting to the restaurant and needed to make a play at the Pear Theater down the street. The staff at Cucina Venti understood the problem without us having to say a thing. The service was excellent, the food delicious, and we made our play.Special Features:
- something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2014we brought a new friend to dinner this night and we loved sitting outside in the front patio...great night, pleasant service and food choices for all. great salads and tasty warm-baked bread. the short ribs are a favorite! we didn't stay for dessert this night but will next time, for there will be a next time...with more friends!Special Features:
- Group dinner during a classLeacDined on 9/9/2014Parking was a little tough to find in this strip mall find, but the food was fantastic and service was good. I had a wonderful bowl of mussels. I also highly recommend the Bocce Meatballs- wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014we had a party of 20-22 for lunch and the staff was great - the food was served so quickly, that it made the most of our busy work day luncheon celebration! food was great on all levels. did i say the staff was wonderful??? we LOVE coming here for dinner onesies, twosies and groups of 20! great variety of food choices for all palates and requirements - flexible too. one of our company faves!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceMiranda2showDined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 4 for dinner. Food was great, and so was the service. I really love the friendly atmosphere, white lights and outside tables. In a hurry up world, I felt like we were not rushed and made to feel welcome and attended to. I am taking my boss to lunch there today!Special Features:
- Great food, hiccups with serviceDragonflydebDined on 8/2/2014We ate at Cucina Venti for the second time before a concert at Shoreline. There were 4 of us, & it was early so we were eating a bit light. My hubby & I split a greek salad and a pizza. One friend ordered an entree salad & a bowl of soup, the other a green salad & the short ribs. We were asked if we wanted the salads to come out first, & we said yes. Our friends received their salads, but we did not get ours until the pizza came out. The short ribs came out before our friend had a chance to eat her salad. We talked to our waiter (who was wonderful) and he said that he did ask for it to be timed differently, but sometimes the kitchen gets busy and doesn't read the order. In summary, the food was good, but the experience wasn't as good.Special Features:
- Great spotwestcoastfoodieDined on 7/27/2014Everything was great - food, service, value- we will return. Sit outside - it's really noisy insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Cucina Venti reviews archive.
- Good service and a good mealSteveDined on 7/16/2014Kinda tucked away in a corner of a bustling strip center, we were fooled by the location thinking we ran across a simple pizzeria. How mistaken we were. The menu was broad enough to satisfy our party of 12 without one person ordering what I'm sure was probably very good pizza! Wine list was adequate and our servers attentive. Don't plan on making it a late night here though, they started tabling chairs and mopping floors before we were ready to leave....obviously they close early. Overall, very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Missing the gelato!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious as always, but Cucina Venti used to have a wonderful selection of yummy gelato. The only desserts available were tiramisu and cannoli.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationredhead65Dined on 7/9/2014we arrived early for my husbands birthday celebration. They placed us at the table I had requested on Open Table. While taking our drink order, our waiter, Giovani, made sure to get our grandson a plastic cup for his drink. The food and following service was perfect, attentive without being overbearing or overdone. we had brought a bottle of wine and it was opened at the perfect time. Earlier we had dropped off the birthday cake. It was served with our coffee with great fanfare. My husband loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choice!BravoDined on 7/9/2014It's nice to see a good, high-quality restaurant in this area. Excellent food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceFalguniMDined on 6/19/2014This place has very good quality food and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- this place get better everytimejschDined on 6/14/2014We love this place. Everytime we eat here we love it more. The staff is very friendly & helpful. The food is amazing. The cocktails are creative. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodFoodielover2Dined on 6/6/2014This place never disappoints. Always has great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-If Out of the WayttommyVIPDined on 6/1/2014This find in between the Computer Museum and Shoreline Amphitheater is an excellent Italian restaurant and a terrific choice on your way to a show or any other time. Our group was impressed with and enjoyed every dish we shared. There take on Linguini Carbonara was incredible.Special Features:
- romantic feelabc123Dined on 5/25/2014As you walk in you instantly get a romantic vibe. Service was excellent. Food was good. Drinks are strong. Would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Our experience at Cucina Venti was excellent. The food was good. Our server was especially good- pleasant, attentive, plugged in. We were seated in a booth in the back which allowed for nice conversation. The bar was not busy so it was quiet. KateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little gemdebofoodsDined on 5/11/2014For being in a small strip mall I was very surprised as to how nice the restaurant was, very charming. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian foodUmeandDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed! The lamb cops are very good! Salmon nicely done and a starter on mussels very nice. We woul return to try different dishes. Prices reasonable. The restaurant is a bit difficult to find but worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!foodlover2Dined on 5/8/2014Everything is super good, from the food to the great service! I work close by and visit for lunch about once a week.Special Features:
- Great FindLAH13VIPDined on 5/6/2014My husband and I dined at Cucina Venti before a movie at Shoreline. We sat in the bar area and will definitely do this again. The next time I went with my book club and we sat by the front door. There are several tables for groups. Great dinner--everyone ordered something different. Excellent paella with just enough zip. Others were amazed they hadn't eaten there before and all will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncover hidden ingredientsRdsxfanDined on 5/1/2014Ordered the Sizzling Prawn appetizer. It appeared to be grilled prawns on a bed of greens. My mistake was eating the prawns without looking under the greens, the chili infused olive oil was hiding under there. It was delicious and would have made the prawns explode with flavor. I saved the night by drizzling into my spaghetti and meatballs. They should create a Spaghetti Diavlo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchBoboDined on 4/25/2014Five of us had a birthday lunch for our friend. The service was great, the food was excellent. Close by, no waiting, food came promptly and we all enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- Not What I Was ExpectingSatisfiedDined on 4/15/2014Beautiful interior. Food was certainly different. Fried Calamari was soggy, fried in oil that must have been a little too cold, set on a bed of spinach that showed all the grease, but dipping sauces were excellent. Fettucine carbonara must have been a recipe that I have never tried before. Lots of mushrooms, chunks of fresh tomatoes, kind of soupy and the pancetta tasted like it had been parboiled with very little taste. The pasta was fresh and good. Caesar salad was mix your own. Plate came with chunks of lettuce and croutons with sauce on the side. We extra ordered some anchovies. Not memorable. Guest had ordered chicken marsala which she said was very good.Special Features:
- Great food10splayerDined on 4/12/2014All our dishes were very good. Wine list is a little pricey , but some varieties are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.