307 West Pierpont Ave
Salt Lake City, UT 84101-1712Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toscanaslc.com/
- Phone: 8013283463x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We have a full service catering/events department, we can work with you to create a beautiful event for business lunches or dinners, holiday parties, and weddings.
- Private Party Facilities: With three private dining rooms onsite, we can accommodate private dining groups as small as 10 up to groups of 100!
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Molina 8013283463x
A word from Cucina Toscana
Cucina Toscana has been Salt Lake’s favorite Italian restaurant for more than 10 years. Known for our impeccable service, table side service, and our homemade pastas. Now with a refreshed menu that includes locally sourced products and new homemade pastas, decadent sauces, and a wide selection of entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cucina Toscana - Best Restaurants in Salt Lake City ›
Cucina Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)fit for foodies (32)romantic (23)good for groups (16)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food, excellent server!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014We went to dinner using the Groupon that was offered a few weeks ago. The restaurant had decided to open up a new section, to allow for outdoor dining due to a concert at Pioneer park. We found out later that the kitchen was actually a block away. However, that was never an issue. The 5 course meal was fantastic! The apps were great, as were the entries. The tiramisu, wasn't my favorite, but it was still good. Our server, Elizabeth, was very attentive and knowledgeable. We'll go back!Special Features:
- Delicious!HomecomingDined on 8/26/2014After reading the recent mixed reviews from other patrons, we were a little worried, but forged ahead anyway and were glad we did! Every step of the way from arrival, to seating, to dinner and service, was a pleasant and positive experience. We had the Tuscan Tour menu with a Groupon purchase and all the dishes were quality food prepared so deliciously after the Italian tradition of "Quality, not Quantity." The star dishes of the evening was a shrimp and scallop appetizer, gnocchi primi with a spicy tomato-based sauce, and the duck and fig confit secondi. Yummm!!! Our server, Margharita, contributed to a delightful evening for us and the hot chocolate that came with our dessert was a pleasant surprise. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice but expensivePckmeDined on 8/22/2014The service was very good. Not so busy for a Friday night. The food portions are too small for the price, but if you go once in a while it's ok. The canolis are the best and at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite worth the money.AmsterdamDined on 8/21/2014Sure, it's a nice restaurant. Really. But I'm not sure I would pay the price again for the food I got. The place is currently undergoing some renovations, we for some reason, we were seated in a large empty room. The food was delicious, but not the quality that I would pay $35+ for per entree. That being said, the crème brûlée was to die for.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014My wife and I stopped in before Wicked and had the Quattro Formaggi and Pork Tenderloins. The food was excellent. Not very crowded for a weekday. Great italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outDallasDined on 8/16/2014The cocktails are strong. The 3 course pre-fix is tasty and well priced. Good service - reservations a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highs and Lows - Foodie Bday DinnerSLCfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The service was great and we loved the open feel of the restaurant. We has the Tuscan Tour menu. Parts of it were delicious and parts I wouldn't order again. My favorite menu item was the Tutta Pasta. The gnocchi was smooth and the star of the dish was the spinach and ricotta ravioli. I could have eaten just a plate of those and been in HEAVEN! For the entree I ordered the Vitello in Saltimbocca and found the highlight of the dish was the green beans and not the veal. The flavors were muddled for me. My friend ordered the duck & roasted figs the flavors were great and the combination of the figs and spinach were delicious. We used a Groupon which I appreciate the restaurant offering. I would return for the ravioli in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to tryFoodtotableDined on 8/11/2014Nice place to try in slc located in downtown. Service was excellent and they had a good variety of food choices that was prepared with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you hear me now?FoodDined on 8/6/2014Our night started off with restaraunt calling us to come in 45 minutes earlier than our reservation time... Just to end up waiting for an hour to be seated! When we arrived they acted as though they did not know about our reservation or their call and sat people before us. We watched as two women were so disgusted with the service and the loud atmosphere they finshed their drinks and left. By the time we got seated to celebrate my mother-in-laws' birthday we couldn't hear our own thoughts. We were right across from the kitchen with banging pots and dishes and everyone else in restaraunt yelling to be heard. The servers were running around aimlessly. We tried a different table but ended up leaving as well!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed every bit of this meal. Veal saltimbocca was excellent. My buddies had ravioli and said it was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJerryDined on 8/5/2014Outstanding food and service and you pay for it the table side prep of salad and duo pasta was a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialMainDishDined on 8/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Cucina Toscana. I had never been here and thought it would be romantic, but there was nothing romantic about it. There was a dining room with comfortable chairs and linens on the tables, but this isn't the room guests were being seated in. In fact, with very few patrons in the restaurant, we were given a large round table - in full view of the kitchen. Not romantic, and not what I'd consider a good table. Our food was very good, but the portions were small and the price was high. When we got our bill, they had added the tip on ($30) which I've not seen happen before for a party of 2. I think for the price, the service and ambiance were nothing special and other local upscale restaurants are better.Special Features:
- good food, not the best experienceWhitakerDined on 8/2/2014Went on a groupon, we received paper menus as others had nice hardback menus. Waiter was nice but it seemed like we only saw two waiters the whole time even though it was half full. Seemed like a lot more attention was paid to those with the hard back menus. Had to ask a few times for water. It took two hours for dinner and we even took our dessert home because we were already behind on our schedule. We waited quite awhile between courses. The food was not worth the wait. Especially when it made us seem as we were less important customers with our paper menus and all.Special Features:
- Love this placeLuvlandDined on 7/29/2014My husband & I have dined here enough number of times for special occasions. We have never been disappointed with the food and service and will continue going back for special occasions. Our last visit (7/29) was a bit of a mixed experience though mostly all good as per usual, our entree's could have been a bit better. I guess they have such a high standard every time we go that a little something being off got extrapolated in our minds. Totally love this place and will go again as well as recommend any day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian cuisineJCBStGeorgeDined on 7/25/2014Our party of 5 was looking for a good dining experience and found it at Toscano. We were dressed casually so that the hostess seated us out of the main dining area which was ok with us. Our waiter was very attentive an helpful. We had veal and pork entrees which were outstanding in flavor. Our younger guests had spaghetti al crudo which fit their taste. The best dish of the night however was the homemade ravioli. Desserts were pretty standard but tasty and the complimentary Italian hot chocolate was a nice addition. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish we lived in Salt Lake CityitaliansavantDined on 7/24/2014If we lived in town,this would be on my weekly dinner list. Really great food.excellent flavors, almost the best gnocchi ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very priceysheff511Dined on 7/18/2014The food is delicious, but very pricey. Be prepared to spend a lot .Special Features:
- Great foodlchecksDined on 7/18/2014This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time and certainly THE best Italian I have had in Utah. The time between each dish was perfect and our waiter was friendly but not over-bearing.Special Features:
- Over priced for what you getAmazingDined on 7/18/2014The food was just ok. For the price I would have expected better. And the vegitarian options were VERY limited
- DisappointingDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Limited menu for the five course Tuscan grossly overpriced
- Excellent food and service.toscanaDined on 7/12/2014We went here on my birthday and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and our wait staff was better than excellent. The lead server was Elizabeth who was warm and knew the menu inside and out. Will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't know what to expectdraperbartDined on 7/11/2014Went there on a promotion, not knowing what to expect. Had the five course meal. Everything was excellent. Location wouldn't be my first choice. I am sending my son on his first anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedMisslynzyDined on 7/5/2014It had been over a year since we'd been here and you can tell it has changed- for the worse. TERRIBLE service, food was mediocre.. Overall pretty disappointed and will not return.
- Was not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014The food has gone downhill since Valter left. We wont be going there again.
- Excellent Fine DiningHstevensDined on 6/25/2014I'm not a big foodie, but I really love every dish they serve here. My husband and I are regulars here for our special nights out a few times a year. I absolutely love the Rosemary & Fennel crusted Duck Breast! Just devine! The atmosphere is cozy and elegant, the staff is very attentive and the selection of food is extensive! My husband wants the Hot Chocolate recipe!Special Features:
- very nice dinnerRFDM84054Dined on 6/17/20145 course meal that took over two hours....a great anniversary evening no rush just enjoyed the great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious PastapinkindyDined on 6/16/2014The homemade pasta was delicious! We split one of those dishes to make it an appetizer and it was perfect. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Italian!GinnySVIPDined on 6/9/2014As a visitor to Salt Lake City, we were delighted with Cucina Toscana! The Caesar salad, however, is not actually made at tableside and the service was slightly less than perfect, but the food absolutely makes up for it. The homemade pastas are wonderful and such a rare find today. Everything on the menu looked inviting and it was difficult to choose. Wine list is limited but adequate. This is definitely a restaurant to return to the next time we are in SLC.
- Anniversary dinnerscummi2001Dined on 6/7/2014Went with my wife for our anniversary and had a really fantastic meal. Food was fantastic and the service was very good! Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Did not meet my expectations...feedmeDined on 6/6/2014The food started ok. Decent antipasto, salad ok, then the ravioli came... which was absolutely delicious, but I only got one. That's right, one single ravioli. I should have just ordered that... They (it) was very good. Then the main course, I had the veal and my wife the pork. Mine was ok, could have made it better myself at home... my wife's meal was so bland, almost no flavor. The flavor that was there wasn't good either... I would compare it to a Salisbury steak tv dinner. Desert was tiramisu, and tasted good. Lastly, they bring you a cup of very rich hot chocolate... but my wife's was served cool/barely warm.
- TMJOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Service was great and the five course meal for two was perfectly portioned and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!Carol52Dined on 5/20/2014Best gnocchi and ceasear salad ever! My husband had the sea bass with mushrooms, clams and shrimp. He said it was the best sauce he's ever had! My veal was also very good.Special Features:
- Best Ravioli Ever!Alli25Dined on 5/12/2014We went really early on a Monday night for a birthday so the restaurant was very quiet. The staff was great and very attentive and knew the menu/food well. I ate the ravioli and it was to die for! This was my second time and I love it. Great food, worth the price if you get the right dish =)Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDiningDevoteeDined on 5/9/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I would recommend this to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 138 reviews are from the Cucina Toscana reviews archive.
- Top classextravagant1234Dined on 5/5/2014I am personally in the industry and I got to say that I throughly enjoyed my meal as did my company. When i come back to Salt Lake City I will recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience2DinersDined on 4/29/2014My partner and I dined at Cucina Toscana to celebrate our birthdays. She had the salmon special and I had the duck breast.... so, so good! The service was friendly and attentive. Of course, the molten lava chocolate cake was a perfect way to end the meal! We will be back!Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding!WhataSocDined on 4/26/2014My date and I had a fabulous time in your restaurant. The atmosphere was sophisticated, welcoming, and overall enjoyable. The food was incredible and authentic, we will definitely be coming back. We were seated quickly and quietly and our table was ready for us as we got there for our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great just less greatvichoffDined on 4/23/2014Went here 3 or 4 years ago and was blown away by the food and the experience. This time we went very early and with a smaller grouo. The food just didn't seem as good. My friends pork chip was drowning in figs and my veal seemed a bit overdone. The polenta and mushrooms was amazing but really the only standout New management I hear...not sure if that's it or just the day we showed up. Either way a little disappointed but it's still a great place....might be overpriced now based only on this experience...server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Overall I was impressed with the restaurant. However, this place needs some updates to decor, the carpets looked gross, and I would believe for the amount of money I am spending the ambience could be much better, especially when you are taking your significant other here for an anniversary dinner. I would come again, but it won't be often.Special Features:
- Food is average, nothing special.RDS1Dined on 4/2/2014Food is average, nothing special. Do nor order a mixed drink, they can't make one. They were unable to make a gin martini which is the world's simplest drink to make... Gin, ice, shake, pour. Wine was good. Great difficulty dividing a check.