307 West Pierpont Ave
Salt Lake City, UT 84101-1712Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toscanaslc.com/
- Phone: 8013283463x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We have a full service catering/events department, we can work with you to create a beautiful event for business lunches or dinners, holiday parties, and weddings.
- Private Party Facilities: With three private dining rooms onsite, we can accommodate private dining groups as small as 10 up to groups of 100!
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Molina 8013283463x
A word from Cucina Toscana
Cucina Toscana has been Salt Lake’s favorite Italian restaurant for more than 10 years. Known for our impeccable service, table side service, and our homemade pastas. Now with a refreshed menu that includes locally sourced products and new homemade pastas, decadent sauces, and a wide selection of entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cucina Toscana - Best Restaurants in Salt Lake City ›
Cucina Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (41)romantic (31)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (15)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- LovelyshonuffgoodDined on 10/18/2014Chef prepared our dinner with special attention; even brought out two examples before serving them to another table. Sent us a complimentary appetizer and came out to "visit". Food was delectable; I had their risotto which was creamy. The Caesar salad prepared at the table was wonderful. I am Chef Concierge at Waldorf Astoria Park City and am always looking for great places for our guests; this is one of my favorites.Special Features:
- chose it 3 times in a weeK!GeoprgiaPeachDined on 10/15/2014I was in SLC for the Girl Scout Convention! I took a group including a keynote speaker there, went back with some colleagues and was there for a large VIP group dinner! What a fin! Special shout out to Elizabeth (a server) but the whole staff great. It is pretty visually, comfortable to be in, food wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendRFDM84054Dined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed the 5 course dinner. Lots of great food visually appealing and perfectly prepared. Seafood cooked just right served hot and most important...we were not rushed. Front desk staff and server were friendly always stopping to see if everything was OK, our water glasses always full, and no one ever tried to take away dishes until we were finished. Server and his helpers worked around us, never rushing us to finish up and get us moving. Nothing worse than two bites from a salad and the main course shows up.
- Great food!Sweetnatalie6938Dined on 10/4/2014Went fort birthday and it was very romantic. Service was good food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodsproutsDined on 10/4/2014Great food and great service. Wish I had saved room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newbyDined on 10/2/2014Great food in a nice setting served by professional and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- ..a must visitfikklDined on 9/26/2014My compliments to the chef! The food here is divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian in UtahCarimboDined on 9/26/2014Amazing italian restaurant. The best home made pasta place around. You have to try the gnochi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysTystixDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I come here 4 times a year and they've never let us down. My Wife gets the Duck every time we go. I try something different every time. This time I got the Lasagna. It was great lasagna, jus right on the seasoning. I've had many that go overboard with the italian seasonings, oregano, thyme etc. but this one you won't get over powered by any of those. It's a very large portion so keep that in mind. I probably won't be getting it again next time. I've had the veal, lamb, and a seafood plate. All of which I would prefer to the lasagna. The only problem I had was that our server was very talkative and the lady that fills the water poured water in my wine. Woops. They were nice and offered a free glass.Special Features:
- Wouldn't take much to be better...simpledinerDined on 9/22/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. We were looking for a romantic environment with excellent food and good service. Our reservation was for 7pm but we ended up arriving at 6:30pm. They attempted to seat us but they initially seated us within 2 feet of another couple. We could have literaly been dining with them. My wife wasn't happy and we asked to be moved. They were happy to re-seat us and asked us to sit down temporarily in the front lobby. This was fine but then they forgot about us. After someone walked by and asked why we were there. The quickly sat us in a better location. Luckily we weren't in a hurry because it took them 2.5 hours to get us the main course. Overall it took 3 hours to eat dinner.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceDineRightDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Cucina Toscana twice now in the past several months. Both times that experience has left an impression. The service is very good and the food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outDineoftenDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent, we loved everything we chose. The server was very nice and professional with the exception that he seemed rather busy and time between each course seemed to take longer than it should. We had to wait a while for our check as well. No real complaints though, we weren't in a hurry. Overall it was a great dining experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food Impeccable ServiceBrendaDined on 9/19/2014We set up a decadent evening to treat friends. I went into the restaurant two days before and set up everything including the wine, appetizers, and intermezzo and desert. The only things our friends had to do was select their entree. The staff did everything I had requested, provided exceptional service and our friends indicated it was one of the most amazing dinners they've ever had. If you want a New York restaurant experience in Salt Lake City, Cucina Toscana is your restaurant. And by all means, order the table-side-prepared Cesar salad. THE BEST Cesar salad, bar none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomemmmmgoodDined on 9/18/2014The food was excellent, though some of the items I prefer to get from Valter's Osteria. The service was okay, nothing to write home about though. The building is very nice and the ambiance was good.Special Features:
- Terrible Service, Mediocre foodsnuubeDined on 9/17/2014Has potential to be great but service was TERRIBLE. We were seated for 20+ minutes before anyone checked in on us--and it was not a busy night. Food lacked depth of flavor and was just 'okay.' I had high hopes for Cucina--it ddo not come anywhere close to meeting them.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Visit this restaurant on a week night and have plenty of time to enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly lackingSLCDinerDined on 9/12/2014Came for the Salt Lake Dine o Round. We had reservations. After being seated and waiting 20 minutes my husband went to the hostess and asked if we could at least order some wine. Apparently two servers had not shown up. The wait was intolerably long - a couple seated by us got fed up and left and no one seemed concerned about it. One hour after ordering our meal we were told that they were out of one of the entrees we had ordered. I understand that staffing issues can create problems but the hostess should have apologized and informed us up front that there would be delays.
- Won't dine here againTink0707Dined on 9/10/2014The food was alright. Not bad, not great. The service was terrible. There were just 2 of us and it took 2.5 hours to have dinner. We'd been seated over an hour before we finally got our salads. A nice, leisurely pace for dinner is great, this was not that. A couple sat at the table next to us and after 30 minutes of waiting and no waiter ever approached them, they left. Also, I wanted lasagna - we had a 6:45PM reservation time, so not late into the evening, and I was told they were already out of lasagna. What Italian restaurant is out of lasagna? The food was certainly not good enough to make up for the service.Special Features:
- Monthly SpecoalsTracyBradDined on 9/10/2014We ordered from the selection of three items. My wife ordered the chicken and I ordered the pork. The chicken was tough. My pork and the sauces for both were excellent. Dessert was fabulous and the dessert wines were most tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but not spectacularCheapDateDined on 9/5/2014Much too pricey for me, even with the voucher discount I recieved. Nice. Good Food. Way too expensive.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent server!NicoleDined on 8/28/2014We went to dinner using the Groupon that was offered a few weeks ago. The restaurant had decided to open up a new section, to allow for outdoor dining due to a concert at Pioneer park. We found out later that the kitchen was actually a block away. However, that was never an issue. The 5 course meal was fantastic! The apps were great, as were the entries. The tiramisu, wasn't my favorite, but it was still good. Our server, Elizabeth, was very attentive and knowledgeable. We'll go back!Special Features:
- Delicious!HomecomingDined on 8/26/2014After reading the recent mixed reviews from other patrons, we were a little worried, but forged ahead anyway and were glad we did! Every step of the way from arrival, to seating, to dinner and service, was a pleasant and positive experience. We had the Tuscan Tour menu with a Groupon purchase and all the dishes were quality food prepared so deliciously after the Italian tradition of "Quality, not Quantity." The star dishes of the evening was a shrimp and scallop appetizer, gnocchi primi with a spicy tomato-based sauce, and the duck and fig confit secondi. Yummm!!! Our server, Margharita, contributed to a delightful evening for us and the hot chocolate that came with our dessert was a pleasant surprise. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice but expensivePckmeDined on 8/22/2014The service was very good. Not so busy for a Friday night. The food portions are too small for the price, but if you go once in a while it's ok. The canolis are the best and at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite worth the money.AmsterdamDined on 8/21/2014Sure, it's a nice restaurant. Really. But I'm not sure I would pay the price again for the food I got. The place is currently undergoing some renovations, we for some reason, we were seated in a large empty room. The food was delicious, but not the quality that I would pay $35+ for per entree. That being said, the crème brûlée was to die for.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014My wife and I stopped in before Wicked and had the Quattro Formaggi and Pork Tenderloins. The food was excellent. Not very crowded for a weekday. Great italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outDallasDined on 8/16/2014The cocktails are strong. The 3 course pre-fix is tasty and well priced. Good service - reservations a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highs and Lows - Foodie Bday DinnerSLCfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The service was great and we loved the open feel of the restaurant. We has the Tuscan Tour menu. Parts of it were delicious and parts I wouldn't order again. My favorite menu item was the Tutta Pasta. The gnocchi was smooth and the star of the dish was the spinach and ricotta ravioli. I could have eaten just a plate of those and been in HEAVEN! For the entree I ordered the Vitello in Saltimbocca and found the highlight of the dish was the green beans and not the veal. The flavors were muddled for me. My friend ordered the duck & roasted figs the flavors were great and the combination of the figs and spinach were delicious. We used a Groupon which I appreciate the restaurant offering. I would return for the ravioli in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to tryFoodtotableDined on 8/11/2014Nice place to try in slc located in downtown. Service was excellent and they had a good variety of food choices that was prepared with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you hear me now?FoodDined on 8/6/2014Our night started off with restaraunt calling us to come in 45 minutes earlier than our reservation time... Just to end up waiting for an hour to be seated! When we arrived they acted as though they did not know about our reservation or their call and sat people before us. We watched as two women were so disgusted with the service and the loud atmosphere they finshed their drinks and left. By the time we got seated to celebrate my mother-in-laws' birthday we couldn't hear our own thoughts. We were right across from the kitchen with banging pots and dishes and everyone else in restaraunt yelling to be heard. The servers were running around aimlessly. We tried a different table but ended up leaving as well!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed every bit of this meal. Veal saltimbocca was excellent. My buddies had ravioli and said it was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJerryDined on 8/5/2014Outstanding food and service and you pay for it the table side prep of salad and duo pasta was a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialMainDishDined on 8/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Cucina Toscana. I had never been here and thought it would be romantic, but there was nothing romantic about it. There was a dining room with comfortable chairs and linens on the tables, but this isn't the room guests were being seated in. In fact, with very few patrons in the restaurant, we were given a large round table - in full view of the kitchen. Not romantic, and not what I'd consider a good table. Our food was very good, but the portions were small and the price was high. When we got our bill, they had added the tip on ($30) which I've not seen happen before for a party of 2. I think for the price, the service and ambiance were nothing special and other local upscale restaurants are better.Special Features:
- good food, not the best experienceWhitakerDined on 8/2/2014Went on a groupon, we received paper menus as others had nice hardback menus. Waiter was nice but it seemed like we only saw two waiters the whole time even though it was half full. Seemed like a lot more attention was paid to those with the hard back menus. Had to ask a few times for water. It took two hours for dinner and we even took our dessert home because we were already behind on our schedule. We waited quite awhile between courses. The food was not worth the wait. Especially when it made us seem as we were less important customers with our paper menus and all.Special Features:
- Love this placeLuvlandDined on 7/29/2014My husband & I have dined here enough number of times for special occasions. We have never been disappointed with the food and service and will continue going back for special occasions. Our last visit (7/29) was a bit of a mixed experience though mostly all good as per usual, our entree's could have been a bit better. I guess they have such a high standard every time we go that a little something being off got extrapolated in our minds. Totally love this place and will go again as well as recommend any day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian cuisineJCBStGeorgeDined on 7/25/2014Our party of 5 was looking for a good dining experience and found it at Toscano. We were dressed casually so that the hostess seated us out of the main dining area which was ok with us. Our waiter was very attentive an helpful. We had veal and pork entrees which were outstanding in flavor. Our younger guests had spaghetti al crudo which fit their taste. The best dish of the night however was the homemade ravioli. Desserts were pretty standard but tasty and the complimentary Italian hot chocolate was a nice addition. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish we lived in Salt Lake CityitaliansavantDined on 7/24/2014If we lived in town,this would be on my weekly dinner list. Really great food.excellent flavors, almost the best gnocchi ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very priceysheff511Dined on 7/18/2014The food is delicious, but very pricey. Be prepared to spend a lot .Special Features:
- Great foodlchecksDined on 7/18/2014This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time and certainly THE best Italian I have had in Utah. The time between each dish was perfect and our waiter was friendly but not over-bearing.Special Features:
- Over priced for what you getAmazingDined on 7/18/2014The food was just ok. For the price I would have expected better. And the vegitarian options were VERY limited
- DisappointingDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Limited menu for the five course Tuscan grossly overpriced