888 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinarusticala.com/
- Phone: 2139888880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Hamlet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cucina Rustica offers catering in the Los Angeles area.
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday in the dining room from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
A word from Cucina Rustica
We offer quality authentic Italian food in relaxed surroundings. We use only the freshest ingredients and take real pride in preparing quality food for you, your family, friends or business colleagues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cucina Rustica - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cucina Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (23)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Fantastic FindworkndineVIPDined on 10/15/2014It is part of my employment to take people to Lunch so I have been to Many different places but I have to say Cucina Rustica is my Favorite! Absolutely the Best Food and Service! The chef's are amazing and the staff is so Kind and provides a great place to bring clients. Also the Best Salmon I have ever had! I would recommend this to anyone who asked where the best place to eat was. I give Cucina Rustica 5 stars and a major thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuluvlolokyDined on 10/14/2014They just got a new menu today. They have a few salads, pizzas, entree items and a lot of pasta dishes. Was very disappointed to see the Trout Salad with the Fava beans go - that was a favorite.Special Features:
- Full PlateEaterDined on 10/4/2014When you are tired of small plates, eat a meal at Cucina Rustica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceAvalon2Dined on 10/1/2014Cucina Rustica is one of those places that stand out in the downtown LA food scene. I have been there multiple times and have never had a bad meal. The service is top notch and always very willing to please. I really enjoyed my Pollo Florentina while the rest of the group had penne with shrimp, penne with chicken and Frutte di Mare. We went to celebrate a friends birthday/retirement and had a blast.Special Features:
- Try the Sea BassMangosunVIPDined on 9/11/2014My friends and I only go here for special occasions, as the menu is a little pricey. The Sea Bass is the most delicious I have ever tasted and is presented beautifully.Special Features:
- Not My Typical ExperienceRepeatDinerDined on 8/29/2014Although our server was initially pleasant and engaged, she seemed to lose interest with my table at some point during the meal. As the restaurant traffic was light due to the impending holiday weekend, she was not going to make the amount of tips that she normally does during the. While she was not rude, it was clear that we were here last table before going. I didn't necessarily appreciate her making us wait to get the final bill or the fact that she split the checks in incorrect amounts. I'm happy to say though that this was certainly atypical of the service I've received at the restaurant in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Show DinnerTheFunDrunkDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife here for dinner before a show at the Ahmanson. We were seated at 6 so we could enjoy dinner and be on time to the theater. Good choice since we were almost alone in the restaurant so the service was great. Our server took good care of us without being pushy. The food was excellent. I had the sea bass and my wife had the spinach and tomato cream gnocchi. Good cocktails and wine followed by a nice tiramisu made for a great start to a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/11/2014Pleassant and well lighted place for a comfortable business lunch. Party of five celebrated the brthday and 15 year work anniversary of a colleague. Server was great, food quality good, promptly served getting us back to the office in one hour, and competititvely priced for downtown LA restaurant. They provided a complimentary tiramisu with a birthday candle for our honored colleague.Special Features:
- Good food and seviceduppieDined on 8/2/2014Tastefull food and a very nice service on a slow evening in the weekend. Live music in the background created nevertheless a pleasant atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reliable placelike2eatDined on 7/19/2014I had lunch here and think it is a great choice for lunch--very good food reasonably priced, good energy, not too loud. Just had dinner here--seemed too quiet, food was good (pasta and seafood on marinara sauce excellent, seabass with cream sauce was too creamy), chocolate tart dessert superb. People very nice. Overall, a decent place, but not special.Special Features:
- Excellent!ElZ2014VIPDined on 7/10/2014The Avocado Al Forno- what a great idea! Totally unique and absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!workndineVIPDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful Food and Great Service! I take clients to Lunch every week and Cucina Rustica is My Favorite Restaurant By Fat! My Clients Love it Every Time and I look forward to taking them b/c I know it will be a Hit~ The Service is Always Great they make sure we are Happy and Served Quickly as to get Back to Work! It is a Must Try if you haven't already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 273 reviews are from the Cucina Rustica reviews archive.
- Good food fast serviceKrisMTLVIPDined on 6/11/2014Coming from Montreal I am not used to the rapid service. We enjoyed talking and eating at a much slower pace. The wait staff was attentive but I needed to ask them to slow down. Wine list was fair to good. The plates were big and it was a good price overall. Even though the Resturant was only 25% full the rapid service almost made us feel like we should get out. However our server was impeccable. Polite and plesent. Overall great experience. But tell them if you want to have a slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is very good but this timeLivvy5Dined on 6/10/2014I was not able to eat my meal. I requested it to be made spicy but it was so spicy hot that I could not eat it! I'm Mexican and love spicy food but this went beyond spicy. My three friends (also Mexican) tasted my pasted and they couldn't eat it either--next time I'll just add for crushed pepper on the side. We had the calamari as an appetizer and that was very tasty, the second batch of bread was delish since it had just come out of the oven. I will say that the waitress was sweet and apologized for my dish being overly spicy and offered to have the manager come over but I declined since he had come by and offered to have more vodka sauce made for my left overs. All in all, we enjoyed the lunch and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!MmmDietCokeVIPDined on 6/7/2014Cucina Rustica offers diners moderately-priced, delicious Italian offerings with a wide-range of options to choose from. While the menu is predominantly pastas, the Beef Salad, Chicken Parm and Lamb Shank were all delicious. The dining room was very noisy on our Saturday night visit with live music, which was so loud it was impossible to carry on a conversation. Restrooms were immaculately clean. We would happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/8/2014Good food and good service ate what greet you at Cucina Rustica.Special Features:
- unremarkablejsv248VIPDined on 4/30/2014The service was great. The food less so. My pasta was about 5 min past al dente, and was absolutely smothered in watery sauce. Overall, this is a very americanized Italian restaurant. There's nothing really wrong with this place, but with all the Italian restaurants in dtla, they need to be better for me to want to come back. Colori is better, Macaroni Republic is better, Drago is better, Casa Nostra is better.
- Hoagiereview1Dined on 4/26/2014Excellent food and service and very reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- Great Food & ServicefoomDined on 3/28/2014Came here on a Friday night and was surprised at how empty it was. Our server was new but she was great. Very attentive, friendly, charming. There was live music, playing a variety of newer and older music. It wasn't too loud or overbearing. The food was good. Nice full portions, but we managed to finish almost everything. Great menu, we couldn't decide what to order!Special Features:
- Delicious Italian Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2014We were visiting from out of town and in the downtown LA . We wanted Italian food and truly enjoyed our dinner at Cucina Rustica. The food was delicious, the service exceptional and the latte that I had with dessert was wonderful. We enjoyed a pizza, the chicken parmigiana, a grilled chicken Greek salad and a seafood pasta dish.Special Features:
- A little less night musicpartyofoneandthensomeVIPDined on 3/14/2014We took a couple clients to Cucina Rustica while we were in town, and it was really great--the food was quite good (I'm writing this review a couple months later, so I don't remember specifics, but it was good), and our waitress was excellent. The ambiance is nice--a big, open, low-lit space, somewhat standard (but not in a bad way) of upper-end big city Italian spots. The only downside was some live music (I debated about throwing some quotation marks around the word) the night we were there, which was over-loud and not terrifically good, making it difficult to carry on conversation across our 6-person table. But other than that, we were entirely pleased!Special Features:
- “Great Dining Experience”guitarbobsdDined on 3/14/2014I had to work at a conference in the L.A. Convention Center and made a reservation the first night at Cucina Rustica. The experience was so good we ate there the next night too. The food is well prepared. Pastas are cooked just right and sauces full of flavor, the fish is cooked medium rare and not dried out. Wine list is very good, and fairly priced and only a $15 corkage fee. Miranda is just a great waitress. Helpful descriptions of how the food is prepared and she demonstrated a caring attitude. The Manager came by not just to ask the obligatory "how was everything" but showed a true desire to hear about what you liked and any suggestions. They have live music that is very tasteful and a nice textured look in the room. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Marathon MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014The food was good. Service was mediocre. Our bill preparer could not follow a simple request to split the bill between 2 cards. And were unable or unwilling to correct their billing error for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great lunch at CucinaDavidDined on 3/6/2014Had a great lunch at Cucina Rustica. Good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/4/2014I usually love the food there. However, this time my lunch partner and I had the special where talapia was mixed with shrimp, olives and pasta in an olive sauce. It was aweful and we both agreed. We let half of the food go back. The buratta appetizer was great. Also, I did not like that we were seated in the very back of the restaurant although there were open tables in the open space in the front. The back of the room takes away from the open feel you get when you eat in the main dining room.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, Supurb ServiceLilTigerDined on 2/26/2014This is a nice place in DTLA. Food is average. The wait staff will tell you their warm avacado in marinara is a house specialty. If it is, I certainly don't get it. The pasta carbonara was very good except for all of the oil from too much pancetta. I would have that dish again but with 1/3 of the pancetta and ask them to drain the pan before adding the pasta. House salad dressing is actually excellent and the warm house made bread is fantastic.Special Features:
- Affordable downtown Italian.PhillyRichVIPDined on 2/21/2014Cucina Rustica is a nice, affordable Italian restaurant within walking distance to Staples Center and LA Live. It's basic Italian fare done very well with good service and live entertainment. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014To say the least. Portions were huge but not especially hot or tasty. The food could have been prepared in a micro. Very very ordinary.
- Cucina RustcaDining4workDined on 2/17/2014Nice downtown LA restaurant for an excellent quiet dinner with colleagues at the end of a busy work day. Great Service. Thanks open table for making it so easy to reserve.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cusina-SuaveAJC1950Dined on 2/17/2014Outstanding service, taster food, and big time fun!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome time...roopalgargDined on 2/14/2014beautiful ambiance...delicious food...lovely musicI would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurry Up and LeaveMrBigStuffDined on 2/14/2014All was going good but me and my date felt like we were being rushed to leave. Our waitress incessantly asked if everything was okay. No sooner than we each expressed that feeling, she came back to tell us we had a one hour limit to the table we had reserved. But since it was Valentine's Day they would give us an extra half an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the live music. ItSkippyDined on 1/24/2014Enjoyed the live music. It was never too loud, but selection of music made for fun listening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Pasta ChoicesannjDined on 1/20/2014My family enjoyed this restaurant for a number of reasons. We always love to have a booth for privacy and not all restaurants have them. At Cucina Rustica there are only a few but they are very comfortable. The menu is full of numerous pasta dishes. I had the Margarita Pizza - it was fabulous. My husband and son had spaghetti and meat balls and pasta bolaganase (sp). I love the Laurier chardonnay with it's hint of vanilla. On Friday night there was entertainment - guitar player and piano. a little noisy but nice to have something different. On MLK day at 6pm we were the only ones in the restaurant! Also, a think there is a bar scene on the lower floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite in downtown LAElaineLADined on 1/11/2014We've come here several times prior to attending concerts at Disney Hall, and have always enjoyed ourselves. Service and food are excellent, prices are right, and at least in the evenings, it's not crowded. So a nice quiet dinner, which is always a welcome treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location better foodDeliciousVIPDined on 1/8/2014We had a delicious dinner here in downtown LA. They do have valet parking on figeroua, because otherwise forget parking. Good wine list. We had Classic Italian dinners a Marsala and bolognese both excellent pasts cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Chef is too young/nothing specialShirleyValentineDined on 12/10/2013Went in on a Tuesday at 6:30 as we were going to a show at 8...left at 7:30pm and honestly we were one of 3 other tables in this large space. Was hoping we had found a new Italian restaurant gem downtown...reviews on yelp were skewed both ways...needless to say...we were disappointed. Great shell of a space...wait staff had a great attitude..hostess was accommodating Food was literally what one would expect of an olive garden or an italian restaurant in a shopping mall...bleh..bleh..bleh Note to chef...never ever ever put cheddar on a parmesan of any kind..ever..you may need to do some research of your own with good Italian food so that you can tell the difference with what you are doing there.
- Great place for special occasionNicoleDined on 12/7/2013I took my husband and three kids Rustica for his birthday dinner before going to the Kings game. The kids ordered from the regular menu (no need for kids menu), they loved the pizzas and pasta, my husband enjoyed his Risotto, and I really like my seabass. It's a convenience and delicious restaurant before going to games at the STAPLES Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wasn't badhonestDined on 11/23/2013We went for a small family dinner. The food was pretty good and reasonably priced. The valet (not owned by the restaurant) was a joke. Nobody at the stand. Left my car at the curb with the keys on the valet stand. The service was weak. Our waitress tried to act gourmet, but was not natural. The busboys brought the food and would call out " who had the gnocci? who had the filet?" We had a nice night as it was relatively quiet and we could talk. Again, the food wasn't bad, but the overall experience was marginal.
- CelebrationSheenDined on 11/22/2013We have gone here for bday celebrations on a number of ocassions. The food, seating, atmosphere is wonderful for an intimate group. We can actually hear each other speak. The food is amazing. Everyone enjoyed their dish and the location is a perfect distance from our office.Special Features: