Cucina Rustica - Montrose
2276 Honolulu Ave
Montrose, CA 91020Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Rustica - Montrose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinarusticala.com/
- Phone: 8182481881
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Closed on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cucina Rustica offers catering in the Lacrescenta, La Canada, Glendale, Burbank areas.
A word from Cucina Rustica - Montrose
We offer quality Italian authentic food in relaxing surroundings. we use only the freshest ingredients and take real pride in preparing quality food for you, your family, friends or business colleaguesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina Rustica - Montrose reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)good for groups (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great place!ValerieVIPDined on 6/17/2014Very enjoyable! Delicious food, lovely service. Beautiful decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2014We love dining at Cucina Rustica. The food is consistently good and there is always a dish that blows our mind. This most recent visit it was the mussels. They were amazing and so big! The bread wasn't as good as I remember and I missed the variety of gelato cakes, but that's okay, we still love the restaurant.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/3/2014This place is terrific. We are regulars, at least twice a month for lunch. This time around we have a new waitress. They messed up on my order and the waitress removed it form my bill. It was not necessary, but I'm glad they take great care of their customers.Special Features:
- The following 125 reviews are from the Cucina Rustica - Montrose reviews archive.
- Good food but service could improveNicknameVIPDined on 5/10/2014Tasty food here but our last 2 visits were disappointing from a service perspective. Just not on the ball. The wait staff are all nice but can't seem to get things going one seated.
- lovetogooutVIPDined on 5/4/2014Such a great restaurant! Food is super fresh. For a change we started out with an appetizer. We had bruchetta. Their version has cheese on it and it was excellent!! As usual their mista salad (garden salad) crisp & crunchy! Kids got pizza and pasta -- didn't hear a peep out of them :) We tried something off their special menu. Both we're great. It was a Sunday afternoon so it wasn't crowded. Service was excellent and just a great time overall. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low key dining excellent serviceLadybergVIPDined on 4/25/2014I had the shrimp/scallop primavera pasta special. The scallops were over cooked, but the rest was delicious. Just enough of a nice light white wine sauce and tasty veggies. I would order again without the scallops.
- If you are in MonrtoserangodogVIPDined on 4/25/2014Stop at Cucina Rustica for a meal. The food is good, not great, with a nice selection. The staff is terrific and are most willing to make substitutions so you can follow your own food plan. Had ceaser salad and mussels. Mussels were small and not tender enough to my liking. Salad was good but not great. Portions are large...good for sharing.Special Features:
- WOWKCsMomVIPDined on 4/23/2014Great Food, friendly and attentive staff. Always check out the specials... they are very special! HIGHLY recommended... Gary was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Food is consistently good.GoddessDined on 4/4/2014Food is consistently good. Service is outstanding. Jessie is a gem.Special Features:
- Pizza and CeasarLoveFoodVIPDined on 3/21/2014A late night snack of pizza and Ceasar hit the spot. The salad was perfect and the Margarita Pizza simple with a crunchy crust, just the way I like it!
- Nice ambience, friendly staff,DavidDined on 2/17/2014Nice ambience, friendly staff, in a very nice neighborhood, and definitely some very fresh bread that came with our meal.Special Features:
- We have been to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014We have been to the restaurant many times and have enjoyed the food and ambiance every time.Special Features:
- Expensive - Average FoodFoodieDined on 2/14/2014We spent $79 for the two of us and the food was just ok. I am fine with spending money on dinner but it has to be worth it.
- Limited menu for ValentineDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014Limited menu for Valentine Day, not previously announced. Very limited. Confused staff. Mess hall quality food. Begnin neglect from the servers. No future visits in my future.
- Great Dinner and Great ServiceLoveFoodVIPDined on 1/24/2014Always such an inviting atmosphere, great people, great service and great food. Love the bruchetta, the best anywhere! They are always willing to accommodate special requests and will make you what you want if they have it on hand. My favorite Italian restaurant!!
- Italian DelightLoveFoodVIPDined on 1/14/2014Tried something new this time...the Linguine Shrimp Pesto...loved it!! So tasty. My husband also tried something new, the baked ziti with eggplant, he ate almost all of it which means he loved it. Can't wait to heat it up for leftovers today!!Special Features:
- A nice, upscale restaurantNicknameVIPDined on 12/28/2013A nice, upscale restaurant in Montrose. Reminds me of the many good Italian restaurant gems in Manhattan. Wines are reasonably priced and food was delicious.Special Features:
- Really Nice Meal!Saffi2050VIPDined on 12/27/2013I had a really nice meal here. When the entree had an unexpected ingredient, they remade it for me at my request quite graciously. Loved the ambience, good food & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montrose MagicSLTADined on 12/20/2013Cucina Rustica is a welcome addition to Montrose. The ambiance is great as well as the food and service. I would recommend this little gem of a place to all.Special Features:
- Years of Great MealsXxxxxxVIPDined on 11/20/2013I have been going to Cucina Rustica since it first opened. Dining with a friend, we thought we'd give it a try. We were delighted by the quality of the food and the ambiance (which has improved dramatically since those early days). Recently, I had long-lost relatives in town and I knew we wanted to enjoy great food in an atmosphere where we could talk and be heard. This restaurant at lunchtime is the perfect place. My guests loved their meal, the surroundings, and the dessert! Their regular menu, always exquisitely prepared, is enhanced by their excellent daily specials. Their wait staff has greatly improved over the years, which I am really thrilled to see.Special Features:
- Always a treatMavenDined on 11/6/2013I frequent Cucina Rustica often and I am always amazed to see that the food is always well-prepared, the staff is attentive, but not overly so. There ;is a lovely wine list. It is wonderful to see the return customers---a sign that this place is quite a find.Special Features:
- Great as always!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2013Consistently good. You cant go wrong with this place.Special Features:
- Great food!GreenteadrinkerDined on 10/30/2013Always love Italian cuisine and this place will never disappoint you. Went there with 3 of my girlfriends. The waiters never got who ordered what straight when they delivered the dishes. One of the waiters offended my friend when he tried to remove the plate when she finished eating but the others still working on theirs. Other than that, the experience was good! I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely excellent!! ThislovetogooutVIPDined on 10/23/2013Absolutely excellent!! This place is consistently great! I recommend that you try something off their special menu, too. The salad mista is my favorite starter. Really fresh. I had a pasta with artichoke hearts and marinara and my husband had ravioli stuffed with mushroom in a creamy sauce that was too die for (that was on the special list). I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian Comfort FoodLongBeachFoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2013Went on a Saturday night at 8:30 pm. Restaurant had other patrons but was quiet. Service was attentive and warm. Food was good. I ordered gnocchi which were thankfully light and well made; not like the leaden dumplings I have been offered at some establishments. My brother ordered lasagna which he enjoyed. We both agreed it was not haute cuisine but well executed comfort food. If that is what you are in the mood for this is a good place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013Food was excellent and the service from the staff was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Accommodations with a Smilelate4adateDined on 8/30/2013I ended up an hour late meeting my friend for a six pm dinner reservation (leaving them sitting at the bar for that long), and yet the wait staff worked diligently to accommodate us as if I'd been on time, and we actually ended up with what I consider the best table in the place. But then, every employee I encountered in the restaurant--bartender, hostess, waiters--all had a smile and exuded a willingness to serve. Our meals came out of the kitchen in a timely fashion and were tasty. This was my first time here, but I would definitely come back and recommend it to others. Some of the high-profile restaurants in Los Angeles could learn something from the warm, welcoming Cucina Rustica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried the bruchetta for thislovetogooutVIPDined on 7/27/2013Tried the bruchetta for this time. Wow!! excellent!!! it was different than the ones we had before then added a little something to it! Everything in this restaurant is very fresh and tastes great. My only suggestion to them is that they consider a kids' menu. Even though there are things to choose from the menu, it would be nice. I would definitely come back. Cucina Rustica NEVER disappoints!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!! It is alwayslovetogooutVIPDined on 6/27/2013Love this place!! It is always good. I love that in addition to their regular menu, they always have a chef's special menu as well. It's nice to go and try new things. This time I had the chicken picatta. It was excellent! Another special was the beef wagu ravioli. My husband thought that was excellent too!! This time we brought our twins. They were nice enough to split a pasta for them -- they do not have a children's menu. We had a great dinner. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2013Mike is great as always. He takes great care of us every time. We don't even need to remind him as to what we like, he already knows!!Special Features:
- DeliciousVanamsDined on 5/17/2013A bit loud for a romantic dinner but the food was delicious and the ambiance perfect for our family dinner! I think we discovered a new place to frequent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone is happy!LoveFoodVIPDined on 5/2/2013It is a great find when you can take your teenage children to one of your favorite spots and they love it too. The pasta is excellent, we all have our preference on sauces, and each is our own favorite!! So many choices and all so good :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place! ExcellentValerieVIPDined on 5/2/2013Love this place! Excellent service, food and ambience!Special Features:
- Usually excellent, but not this timDholmesVIPDined on 4/8/2013While normally excellent, this time the food was somewhat of a disappointment. Two of us ordered the special pork shank rissotto, and it was rather ordinary. There was no complexity to the flavor, and just generally lacked pzazz!Special Features:
- I tried a new dish tonight,LoveFoodVIPDined on 4/5/2013I tried a new dish tonight, The eggplant/baked ziti, it was the best. I will order this again!! So good to see Alan back, we are thankful he is recovering as his presence adds even more joy to such a wonderful place :)
- You can't go wrong...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Delicious food, every time! Don't bother going anywhere else in Montrose / LaCrescenta / LaCanada for Italian food. I've eaten here about 5 times now, and I'll drive over from South Pasadena - it's that good. The wait staff is great. Even though my favorite appetizer gnocchi has disappeared from the menu, they whipped it up for me anyway - which I think is really above and beyond. Great bread, fresh salads, pizza is divine, every entree is carefully prepared & delicious. There was a group of about 20 people celebrating a birthday, and a lively bunch of about 8 at a table next to us. This is not a quiet, candle-lit spot and definitely might be a challenge for the hard-of hearing, but it's really beautiful and comfortableSpecial Features:
- As usual our server Mike wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/7/2013As usual our server Mike was outstanding, remembering what we prefer. Thank you
- Give your review a title (optional)lovetogooutVIPDined on 2/27/2013This place is always a winner!! I love that they have specials that change weekly so you can always try something new or stick to your old favorite!! And as usual their salad mista is always fresh and crisp. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- This is a very nice localFoodloverDined on 2/19/2013This is a very nice local restaurant. The ambiance is clean, simple, uncluttered with an air of sophistication. Prices are moderate and the food choices ample. There is something for everyone from pastas, individual small pizzas, bruschetta, nice salads (the burrata al pomodoro was wonderful). Service was attentive, although a little slow (we were there on a Tuesday -- what would Saturday be like). At least we knew the time was being taken to prepare our food well. I would definitely return to this restaurant the next time I am in the Montrose area.Special Features:
- I was pleased with our serviceKimberK19VIPDined on 2/16/2013I was pleased with our service and the food. I own a business in Montros and friends came from the westside and I was hoping they would like your place and they did!Special Features: