Cucina Pazzo by Justin
392 N. Euclid Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
Central West End
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cucina Pazzo by Justin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cucinapazzostl.com/
- Phone: 3146968400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Satursday 11:00am-Close, Sunday Brunch 10am-2pm/Dinner 4-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Italian
- Executive Chef: Justin Haifley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Cucina Pazzo by Justin
Classic Italian cuisine with modern culinary techniques by Chef Justin Haifley, creates a fine dining experience unlike any other-- where the service comes straight from the heart,and where any occasion becomes an unforgettable evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cucina Pazzo by Justin - Best Restaurants in Central West End ›
Cucina Pazzo by Justin reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)neighborhood gem (82)great for outdoor dining (71)special occasion (52)great for brunch (43)hot spot (33)good for groups (28)romantic (22)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- great restaurant by this groupHirschwritesVIPDined on 9/27/2014Super food and service. Short ribs as entree or in pasta are great. Jalapeño and lime marinade great on fish. Desserts super. Go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Ambiance a Bit LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant has a lot of potential. I loved the portion sizes for the pasta and the fact that they had a vegetarian menu. I wish they would have had a desert menu so I could see my options rather than trying to remember all the deserts. I had the creme brulee; I wish they would have given me more creme and no cookies. The cookies were a bit heavy for small amount of creme. The tables are a bit too close (ie I took my jacket off and it ended up on the chair of the person behind me). Also, it is very loud and dark. The loud didn't bother me, but the dark was a bit much for my parents. We were seated next to the kitchen so there were severs running back and forth so there wasn't much ambiance . The bread and dip was to die for though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RotelliniVIPDined on 9/27/2014My only complaint is we were rushed thru our meal. We had just got our bottle of wine opened and they brought apppetizer and before we were done with that our entrees were served. It was early dinner on a sat and we were in and out in less than one hour. The food was good thoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeat2Dined on 9/24/2014we asked for a different table because of high chairs don't work for us plus we were in the pathway to the bar. No problem, they accommodated us and we moved to another room which was quieter, my husband is hearing impaired and this was good. Food and service were outstanding. Staff answered our questions, had recommendations. Really enjoyed the plank dinners with small portions of several things. Our desserts were really good, the homemade cookies with the crème brulee were outstanding. We would recommend the restaurant to folks who enjoy good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish!!MurphyschoiceDined on 9/20/2014A favorite of ours in the CWE/Midtown area. Fish and pasta as good as any in St. Louis. Excellent service and great location.Special Features:
- Great brunchReatsoutDined on 9/14/2014We had a wonderful time here and enjoyed every bite. The service was perfect. We will happily visit again.Special Features:
- Anniversary brunchDinerDined on 9/7/2014Absolutely loved the whole experience! We had heard/read GREAT things about Cucina Pazzo's brunch and were not disappointed. Food, service, everything was perfect--could not have been better! Can't wait to go back for dinner!Special Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014This was my third time at Cuchina Pazzo and once again I had a superb meal with attentive service. A great place for fish as well as pasta. They've made some progress in decreasing the noise level but it still gets loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection for foodies!ChocpearDined on 9/5/2014I had a seafood plank with 4 different tastings. Each item was excellently prepared and presented. Perfection!Special Features:
- Way too loudSuzyDined on 9/5/2014Food was good although 2 of the 4 had to be sent back because they were not warm. Service was good and very apologetic. But it was so loud we were screaming across the table just to be heard. There were only 4 at our table! Not as good as my favorite The TavernSpecial Features:
- So good, I don't want to share!KbearVIPDined on 9/4/2014We love CP. It is always fresh and always delicious. The salads are unusual and extremely tasty. The food is varied enough to eat there 2x/week and seems to satisfy everyone who goes. They have some Italian but you can choose otherwise if you prefer. I love that they have added the option of different preparations for whatever meat/fish you choose. My picky 11 year old even loves coming here - they have a $10 kid menu that includes a damn fine dessert. The only thing I'd change is to add more side veggie options. They do great things with veggies! Servers are professional but friendly in the best possible way. See you guys soon.Special Features:
- Great Place for DinnerschapDined on 9/3/2014Fit for a foodie, nice place to bring out of town guests since it is set in central west end. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Only weird thing is they want you to order all your food at once you can't just order apps and then decide on the meal.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch in CWE!STLFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Took my meetup group here (STL Food Lovers) after seeing the delectable pancackes on the cover of Sauce Magazine a couple months ago. The pancakes came out just like the picture! very tasty, not too sweet, HUGE portions! There were 13 of us and everyone loved their order - from steak & eggs benedict to omelets +hash, mimosas, bellinis, waffles, french toast, and all the sides such as bacon and maple sage sausage links were delicious! Our server was attentive and friendly, food came out quickly too. The FOH manager was very accommodating as I called several times to update our RSVP for a large party. Highly recommend for brunch on Saturdays AND Sundays. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch for the 2nd time, and both times were so delicious. Everyone was very happy with what they ordered and their pesto home fries are awesome.Special Features:
- Great Experience!FoodintoMouthDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time dining here and the food was fantastic, service was excellent and overall we had a wonderful experience. Would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, carefully prepared food!Tracey517Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed another great meal at Cucina Pazzo by Justin. I had the Mahi Mahi which was some of the best I have had and my husband had his favorite, the Pig Pasta. Our waitress also recommended the Chopped Salad which was delicious, with a spicy dressing that was so good! This restaurant is about 45 minutes from our house but well worth the drive every time!Special Features:
- Would go back but not rush backRickVIPDined on 8/29/2014Loved the menu and liked the food. Service was almost too overbearing, with the bussers attempting to clear after each bite. Bread service is excellent. Tomato salad was good, but I don't like cocktail tomatoes in a tomato salad and this had it. Asian pasta was great but other pastas in trio were not as good. Noise level was ridiculous. If you are over 40, don't go with more than 2 people as you will not be able to have a conversation. Drinks are interesting and good. I would go back if in the area or on the way downtown or back home.
- Will try againmkgriffDined on 8/29/2014The exposed brick, the dim lighting, and the wood tables looked rustic, but inviting. With great fish, meat, combination, and gluten-free options, the menu is hard to beat. There were plenty of staff waiting on the tables. The water service was frequent, the waitress stopped by 3 times before I was ready to order, and the table was bussed quickly upon finishing my meal. The entrees were small, but well prepared and visually pleasing. As noise increased, it became hard to hear the table conversation. Dessert options were described before entrees came (no menu) and had to be ordered half-way through dinner. Next time I will try a later reservation time to see if I can enjoy the dining experience. This first attempt was a little rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Pazzo Delivers Consistently!DaveDined on 8/20/2014Live int he neighborhood and have always been reluctant to go to new restaurants until the kinks are worked out. Made an exception with Cucina Pazzo and have been going back regularly ever since their first week! Brunch is fabulous, dinner simply delightful. Food is inventive, tasting and always perfectly prepared. Portion options are great! Service is super friendly and welcoming! On Friday and Saturday nights at the height of dinner, it can get very loud, but certainly the over-all experience is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodfinefoodfanDined on 8/10/2014we've been here (and to Tavern Kitchen) several times, and the food is fabulous on every level--choices available, taste, and presentation. This visit on a Sunday night fell down on the usual excellent quality of service. The restaurant wasn't very busy but seemed short staffed. Several items were not available. We think our server was 'filling in'--maybe usually a host? He was friendly, but a little 'scattered'. There was a long wait between salad and main course. We ordered 2 desserts, but one never arrived, for which he apologized. Having said that, we will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday HoneySTLDinerDined on 8/9/2014Went here for my wife's birthday and it definitely did not disappoint! Days later and she is still raving about that meal (and sangria)...the vegetarian menu was a hit and I found the fish market menu unique and tasty.Special Features:
- fit for a foodiessfpdoVIPDined on 8/5/2014The laid back urban atmosphere with open kitchen is delightful. The cocktail list is truly unique. There are a lot of choices on the menu which allows for great sharing. The server was intelligent and responsive. Will go back again for sureSpecial Features:
- Possibly the best food I've eatenBeerwithDinnerDined on 8/4/2014This may have been the best meal I ever had. The outside seating was lovely, but the food was the main event. My girlfriend (who was celebrating her birthday) and I had the lobster risotto, brussel sprouts, swordfish and salmon. The swordfish with lime and jalapeno might have been the best fish I've ever had. Was not cheap, but would go again in a heartbeat for a special occasion. Great beers on tap and in bottles, and the management was wonderfully accommodating after I screwed up the reservation. I have a new favorite restaurant in St. Louis!Special Features:
- Not really Italian...CStormDined on 8/4/2014The food was very good, don't get me wrong but the Italian items we tried weren't that great. We had the meatballs and the lobster risotto, just not fabulous. The shrimp appetizer was excellent! Everyone had a tasting board and besides the risotto, everything was very good. The fritters for dessert were yummy!
- Pazzo for PazzoKbearVIPDined on 8/4/2014This place is great. Love the salads, especially the creamy greens. The menu recently changed and now it is a bit more like the Tavern, with some really delicious fish and meat options, including the ability to mix and match the preparation. If you can't decide which one, you can get three different fish with different preps. SO tasty. I almost don't want to write a review because I don't want this place to be so crowded I can't get in!Special Features:
- High Expectations, Bit DisappointedGroverGMaDined on 8/3/2014Mention of great blueberry pancakes in St L publication drew us in to celebrate mutual birthdays in early August. Place was really noisy on Sunday morning. Folks at the front desk made us feel welcome. Really, really wanted to love this place, but all four of us had the same thought--Glad we tried it, probably won't make the trek again. Blueberry pancakes were excellent, for sure, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Messed up order, nothing specialMichelleSTLDined on 8/3/2014The ambience is pleasant. The food is fine. Nothing special. The Kitchen messed up 2 out of 3 orders(it was not the server's fault) . We pointed it out, but it wasn't fixed and the bill was not adjusted. The server was nice and prompt. We won't come back as there are lots of places in the Central West End. The food was good, but we left somewhat annoyed.
- First DineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014It's awesome when you get a server who LOVES their job and knows the menu! The meatballs & grilled artichokes are a must try! Amazing menu and several specials made it difficult to choose. I will be back VERY SOON.Special Features:
- Wonderful!LojoDined on 7/27/2014Celebrated my daughter's bday with a party of 7. Ordered apps: meatballs (delicious and spicy), lobster risotto (creamy and good but lacking much lobster or lobster flavor) and shrimp app ( really good!) Caprese salad was wonderful too. Ordered 7 different entrees. All good. Fettuccine w/ & w/o vegetables (needed seasoning), surf and turf, scallops w/ pistachio lime prep, rigatoni, veal Parmesan. Presentation of all-very nice. They comped a dessert for the bday girl, so we tried bread pudding, chocolate chip cookie dessert and donut holes with dipping sauce. All were quite good. Daughter said it was the best meal she's ever had and she's a foodie. (23yrs old). I'm not too picky but we were very very pleased with all. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fine; noise notJambynetDined on 7/26/2014Our foursome arrived on time for a Saturday night reservation and found the place packed. After a 5-minute wait (standing), we were shown to a decent table. The noise was so loud we could not hear a word the server was saying. All surfaces in the restaurant are hard. Even the kitchen workers had to talk loudly to each other to be heard. This was the only significant blot on an otherwise fine meal. Considering that we're at the height of tomato season, I was surprised so few made it into the caprese appetizer. Beef, shrimp, and pasta dishes were excellent. I'll be back--at 5 pm on a weeknight to lessen the din.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not much atmosphere.FoodieDined on 7/20/2014Come to eat wonderfully prepared dishes, but don't expect much atmosphere .. Service could have been a star better, but food made it worth the stumbles.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014I went to brunch with 3 others. Service was average. Pancakes (with blueberries) were very good. French toast was less so. Fried potatoes were quite good. Omelet was less than average according to my friends who said that they would not return. I might return for the pancakes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch-ciousJMikDined on 7/20/2014Cucina Pazzo by Justin is a delcious place to go to brunch. The service is excellent and the ambiance is romantic with outside seating. We got dollar pancakes, an brussel sprout hash, and the chicken saltimboca benedict. All were amazing! We would go back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunchSpecialKDined on 7/20/2014Everyone loved their meals. Lemon ricotta pancakes were FABULOUS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service better then goodBo44Dined on 7/19/2014This place had great tasting food make no mistake, but the service was outstanding, amazing is even a word I would use, the staff and management should be proud of the job they are doing, my wife and I agree, wonderful out door dinning and great food but the staff will have us go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale food / downscale vibeBraseGigantiVIPDined on 7/17/2014The best reason to go to Cucina Pazzo is the food. Every dish had depth and richness, and they make what passes for Italian food elsewhere io St. Louis (I'm looking at you, The Hill) seem like a joke. I selected the meatball "appetizer" (really meant for 2-3 people) and had to rethink my entree: tasty meatballs on a bed of rich polenta with cheese and herb accents. I then had the small portion short rib tagliatelle, which was perfectly cooked and assisted by a deep and rich mushroom sauce that was almost like a veal reduction. My one gripe with CP (other than NO appetizers meant for 1) is the wine list. Too few by-the-glass selections, and too many non-Italian selections. I'd dump the non-Italian and stock up on affordable options.Special Features:
- Revised Concept/Meny - Winning!FoodieThoughtsVIPDined on 7/15/2014On our second visit to Cucina Pazzo since the menu was updated to have it's own vibe but emulate with a more Italian flair the tasting boards and fresh fish market of it's sister restaurant, we found this to be a winning enhancement to what was already going on in the former Duff space. We had excellent drinks, wine and a delicious dinner. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Fantastic al FrescoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014Food was very tasty. Our server, Megan, was spot on. Nice wine selections. Half-baked cookie dessert was out of this world.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSTLFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Took a group of my friends here for a birthday dinner. Had a great time! Everyone loved their food: halibut, chicken modiera (sp?), rigatoni, papardelle, caprese salad, half-baked cookie and nutella desserts. YUM! Service was great - friendly and timely. Love the chef there, Justin. Real friendly guy that made sure we were all happy. Great place for a casual night out with a good appetite. Cocktail menu was fun too!Special Features:
- Cucina Pazzo always "makes it work"LebonrobertDined on 7/12/2014I eat here a couple of times a month. Sunday brunch or dinner I'm always happy. The latest addition of Tasting Boards is brilliant. These are three entree types dishes put together in a cohesive way. Surf & Turf = Lobster Risotto, Beef medallions topped with crab and Proscuitto Shrimp. This is not "tapas" but truly smaller portions of large plates. I choose to return often because of the service. No matter what curve ball I've thrown at them (like my entire party is an hour late on a Saturday night), they never get flustered or make me feel badly. They just "make it work". Shout outs to Jamie who works the host stand most every time I'm there - and to Maggie - server extraordinaire.Special Features: