Cucina Pazzo by Justin
392 N. Euclid Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
Central West End
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cucina Pazzo by Justin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cucinapazzostl.com/
- Phone: (314) 696-8400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 4pm-Close, Sunday Brunch 10am-2pm/Dinner 4-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Caravelli and Jessie Gilroy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Cucina Pazzo by Justin
Classic Italian cuisine with modern culinary techniques by executive chefs, Steve Caravelli and Jessie Gilroy, creates a fine dining experience unlike any other-- where the service comes straight from the heart,and where any occasion becomes an unforgettable evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Cucina Pazzo by Justin - Best Restaurants in Central West End ›
Cucina Pazzo by Justin reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (44)great for outdoor dining (39)hot spot (34)good for groups (32)great for brunch (30)romantic (22)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Very good, but very pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014A "Special Occasion" type of place. $130 bucks for 3 drinks, appetizer, 2 salads, and 2 entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Evening!HappyGuestDined on 11/14/2014The food and staff were so amazing. We had one Vegan guest and one following a Paleo diet and not only was the server very accommodating, but so was your kitchen. No questions asked and no excuses about asking the chef. Three of the guest had never eaten at Cucino Pazzo and by the end of dinner were big fans! We are all looking forward to the next experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatoutoftenDined on 11/8/2014Food was great; I had the Shrimp dish made with Greek yogurt and it was delicious. A little spicy with shrimp cooked perfectly. My husband had the small plates of three different meat dishes, chicken madeira, steak, and short ribs. He said everything was fixed perfectly and served nicely in separate small dishes.Special Features:
- Cool spot, excellent foodMASimonDined on 11/8/2014A great experience. We started with a roasted beet salad which was delicious. My main course was the seafood sampler which was so good. I could not decide which of the three dishes I liked the most. Portions were not huge but I was satisfied, not overstuffed when I finished. The staff was attentive without being obnoxious.Special Features:
- boardsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014my fiancee and i both ordered the boards and they were fantastic. She ordered surf & turf and i got the seafood board. DeliciousSpecial Features:
- Truly Awesome!abfabDined on 11/6/2014We had a 50th birthday dinner at Cucina the other night....WOW! The food was amazing! The service was attentive and fun...they made the night. The only negative was deciding what to order from the fantastic menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!travelingkatVIPDined on 11/1/2014Lively, fun atmosphere ... great service. Superb food. From fish to steaks, to pasta ... we all enjoyed our meals and had such a good time. Love the menu, and feeling part of the dining experience. This was our third visit and each time gets better. Our party included board members of some of the most exclusive dining clubs in the city so we especially appreciate excellent service and quality cuisine. This is becoming a favorite place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014The food was delicious, staff professional and service was quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodVIPDined on 11/1/2014It was good, but my first time the food was better. My girlfriend had salmon, and I had pasta and we both liked the food better the first time (only two weeks apart from each other).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great place to eat.....great food ....management was very friendly.......Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014Beautiful day to brunch at Cucina Pazzo! Food was fabulous and monthly Bellini special was the perfect complement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at BestJacDianeDined on 10/25/2014We were so disappointed with the food after the good review in the STL Mag. We ordered two appetizers, the shrimp and the meatballs. Both were unremarkable and fairly tasteless. The salads we ordered were made with common iceberg lettuce. Blah! Four of us each had a different pasta dish, two of which were only palatable and two of which we could not eat. The only positive thing was the bottle of wine which was very good for a reasonable price. STL Mag warned us it was noisy, so I can't really complain about that, but they are right, you can't carry on a conversation without yelling at each other. It was a Saturday night and the place was only half full. Now I know why. Dine somewhere else!
- Perfect outdoor experience.wistfulwaysDined on 10/24/2014On a rare warm autumn night, we had dinner outside at Cucina Pazzo. The meal was delicious, the service delightful and the vibe welcoming and fun. Try the brussel sprouts as a starter. Yum.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceAJBellDined on 10/21/2014This is not the place to come if you just want a snack! I brought my dad here for his birthday and we tried so many different items on the menu because of the awesome way the menu is designed, we couldn't finish our entree's or dessert, even though EVERYTHING was amazing! It was expensive, but definitely worth every penny. It's a great place to go for special occasions, or if you are a true foodie and like new places and great food!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food & Fun AtmosphereHeatherSDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time at Cucina Pazzo and we loved the food! From the meatball appetizer, to the fun twist on the caprese salad, to the short rib pasta, to the bread pudding - everything was delish! Big space but still cozy and welcoming. I definitely recommend this great CWE spot.Special Features:
- Food overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014My wife ordered Chicken and it was overcooked and difficult to cut. So we sent it back.Special Features:
- Wow!JojoVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was amazing. Best I've had this year for sure. We stumbled on to it but what a great find. Did I mention amazing food and excellent service. Will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We've been twice and both times the food was outstanding! Love the casual but fun atmosphere. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fantastic (Except for the very end)Love2EatDined on 10/3/2014We a fab meal at Cucina Pazzo. The food was excellent... loved the opportunity to do a tasting board to have a sampling of three different pastas (the Asian pork pasta was phenomenal!). Our friend who we dined with is especially sensitive to spice, and the menu was very specific about what she could/could not tolerate. Our server was fantastic too… The only issue I had was at the very end when my food was packaged to take home, all three pastas were shoved together in the same container. Ick! I was hoping to enjoy those leftovers, but even as someone who mixes her veggies into her mashed potatoes, I'll not be eating Asian pasta, goat cheese rigatoni and fettuccini Alfredo all running together. Otherwise, we had a lovely time!Special Features:
- Second time . . .JimmyZDined on 9/30/2014. . . and better than the first! Food is still outstanding, and it wasn't nearly as crowded and frantic as the first time. It was also a perfect evening for dining outside, and we were able to take advantage of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant by this groupHirschwritesVIPDined on 9/27/2014Super food and service. Short ribs as entree or in pasta are great. Jalapeño and lime marinade great on fish. Desserts super. Go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Ambiance a Bit LackinggorgeousgourmandDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant has a lot of potential. I loved the portion sizes for the pasta and the fact that they had a vegetarian menu. I wish they would have had a desert menu so I could see my options rather than trying to remember all the deserts. I had the creme brulee; I wish they would have given me more creme and no cookies. The cookies were a bit heavy for small amount of creme. The tables are a bit too close (ie I took my jacket off and it ended up on the chair of the person behind me). Also, it is very loud and dark. The loud didn't bother me, but the dark was a bit much for my parents. We were seated next to the kitchen so there were severs running back and forth so there wasn't much ambiance . The bread and dip was to die for though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central West End GemCWEGEMDined on 9/27/2014A wonderful dining experience. We had great food with great service. I highly recommend on of the fish dishes. You can order four different ways. The trout was wonderful!Special Features:
- RotelliniVIPDined on 9/27/2014My only complaint is we were rushed thru our meal. We had just got our bottle of wine opened and they brought apppetizer and before we were done with that our entrees were served. It was early dinner on a sat and we were in and out in less than one hour. The food was good thoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeat2Dined on 9/24/2014we asked for a different table because of high chairs don't work for us plus we were in the pathway to the bar. No problem, they accommodated us and we moved to another room which was quieter, my husband is hearing impaired and this was good. Food and service were outstanding. Staff answered our questions, had recommendations. Really enjoyed the plank dinners with small portions of several things. Our desserts were really good, the homemade cookies with the crème brulee were outstanding. We would recommend the restaurant to folks who enjoy good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish!!MurphyschoiceDined on 9/20/2014A favorite of ours in the CWE/Midtown area. Fish and pasta as good as any in St. Louis. Excellent service and great location.Special Features:
- Great brunchReatsoutDined on 9/14/2014We had a wonderful time here and enjoyed every bite. The service was perfect. We will happily visit again.Special Features:
- Anniversary brunchDinerDined on 9/7/2014Absolutely loved the whole experience! We had heard/read GREAT things about Cucina Pazzo's brunch and were not disappointed. Food, service, everything was perfect--could not have been better! Can't wait to go back for dinner!Special Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014This was my third time at Cuchina Pazzo and once again I had a superb meal with attentive service. A great place for fish as well as pasta. They've made some progress in decreasing the noise level but it still gets loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection for foodies!ChocpearDined on 9/5/2014I had a seafood plank with 4 different tastings. Each item was excellently prepared and presented. Perfection!Special Features:
- Way too loudSuzyDined on 9/5/2014Food was good although 2 of the 4 had to be sent back because they were not warm. Service was good and very apologetic. But it was so loud we were screaming across the table just to be heard. There were only 4 at our table! Not as good as my favorite The TavernSpecial Features:
- So good, I don't want to share!KbearVIPDined on 9/4/2014We love CP. It is always fresh and always delicious. The salads are unusual and extremely tasty. The food is varied enough to eat there 2x/week and seems to satisfy everyone who goes. They have some Italian but you can choose otherwise if you prefer. I love that they have added the option of different preparations for whatever meat/fish you choose. My picky 11 year old even loves coming here - they have a $10 kid menu that includes a damn fine dessert. The only thing I'd change is to add more side veggie options. They do great things with veggies! Servers are professional but friendly in the best possible way. See you guys soon.Special Features:
- Great Place for DinnerschapDined on 9/3/2014Fit for a foodie, nice place to bring out of town guests since it is set in central west end. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Only weird thing is they want you to order all your food at once you can't just order apps and then decide on the meal.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch in CWE!STLFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Took my meetup group here (STL Food Lovers) after seeing the delectable pancackes on the cover of Sauce Magazine a couple months ago. The pancakes came out just like the picture! very tasty, not too sweet, HUGE portions! There were 13 of us and everyone loved their order - from steak & eggs benedict to omelets +hash, mimosas, bellinis, waffles, french toast, and all the sides such as bacon and maple sage sausage links were delicious! Our server was attentive and friendly, food came out quickly too. The FOH manager was very accommodating as I called several times to update our RSVP for a large party. Highly recommend for brunch on Saturdays AND Sundays. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch for the 2nd time, and both times were so delicious. Everyone was very happy with what they ordered and their pesto home fries are awesome.Special Features:
- Great Experience!FoodintoMouthDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time dining here and the food was fantastic, service was excellent and overall we had a wonderful experience. Would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, carefully prepared food!Tracey517Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed another great meal at Cucina Pazzo by Justin. I had the Mahi Mahi which was some of the best I have had and my husband had his favorite, the Pig Pasta. Our waitress also recommended the Chopped Salad which was delicious, with a spicy dressing that was so good! This restaurant is about 45 minutes from our house but well worth the drive every time!Special Features:
- Would go back but not rush backRickVIPDined on 8/29/2014Loved the menu and liked the food. Service was almost too overbearing, with the bussers attempting to clear after each bite. Bread service is excellent. Tomato salad was good, but I don't like cocktail tomatoes in a tomato salad and this had it. Asian pasta was great but other pastas in trio were not as good. Noise level was ridiculous. If you are over 40, don't go with more than 2 people as you will not be able to have a conversation. Drinks are interesting and good. I would go back if in the area or on the way downtown or back home.
- Will try againmkgriffDined on 8/29/2014The exposed brick, the dim lighting, and the wood tables looked rustic, but inviting. With great fish, meat, combination, and gluten-free options, the menu is hard to beat. There were plenty of staff waiting on the tables. The water service was frequent, the waitress stopped by 3 times before I was ready to order, and the table was bussed quickly upon finishing my meal. The entrees were small, but well prepared and visually pleasing. As noise increased, it became hard to hear the table conversation. Dessert options were described before entrees came (no menu) and had to be ordered half-way through dinner. Next time I will try a later reservation time to see if I can enjoy the dining experience. This first attempt was a little rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Pazzo Delivers Consistently!DaveDined on 8/20/2014Live int he neighborhood and have always been reluctant to go to new restaurants until the kinks are worked out. Made an exception with Cucina Pazzo and have been going back regularly ever since their first week! Brunch is fabulous, dinner simply delightful. Food is inventive, tasting and always perfectly prepared. Portion options are great! Service is super friendly and welcoming! On Friday and Saturday nights at the height of dinner, it can get very loud, but certainly the over-all experience is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.