768 S 8th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaforte.com/
- Phone: 2152380778x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maria Forte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
A word from Cucina Forte
Welcome to Cucina Forte Italian Restaurant. I invite you to dine with us and experience an authentic Italian cuisine made with the freshest ingredients. I create every dish with love. The same tradition my mother started at our family restaurant in the Abbruzzi Region of Italy in 1965!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Cucina Forte - Best Restaurants in South Philly ›
Cucina Forte reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)romantic (13)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014I had the grilled salmon. It was so dry, burned on the ends under seasoned. Rumor had it that the gnocchi was the best in the city. Rumor was wrong also under cooked n doughy. The flour for the white sauce was not cooked.
- Mike63Dined on 8/21/2014Dinner was great, as always. I wish we lived closer to Philadelphia.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014The gnocci was amazing! Restaurant was cozy and staff was friendly. Will definitely be back (for more gnocci and to try to filet with crab!).Special Features:
- DelicioushailDined on 8/10/2014Went here for my birthday with my boyfriend. It is a very cozy and romantic Italian BYO resturant. The host/ waitress was very kind and knowledgable of the menu and every single dish (she knew it all by heart). She was also very friendly. The food was amazing. I got the famous gnocci with lobster tail and it was delicious. My boyfriend enjoyed a perfectly cooked Medium steak! A little pricey but you definitely get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!HappyEaterDined on 7/29/2014Cucina Forte is a gem - solid, South Philly Italian food, always well-prepared and delicious. The gnocci and the Dream Soup are the best!Special Features:
- Delicious gnocchiPhillyfoods2357Dined on 7/11/2014The gnocchi was a must have. Simply amazing. The service was great as well. I got the spaghetti with clams and it was just too salty for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointing for a BYOBsouthphillygirlVIPDined on 6/28/2014Heard over the past few months good things about this restaurant. Let me begin by saying the food is good. The problem is the place is small and noisy. The service is very slow. We waited 40 mintues for our dinner on a Saturday night. Waiter never came back to check on us after we got our food. Specials are overpriced. Stick to the menu. This place has potential to be good. Needs better service fast.Special Features:
- MediocreKOD63Dined on 6/27/2014There were not many patrons at 7:30 on Friday night. My friend said their salad was fine and my wife's eggplant/crab appetizer was very good. The waiter forgot our order of their "signature dish" ricotta gnocchi which was hastily prepared after we received our entrees after we asked what happened. Some o the past was cold and the gnocchi were among the worst I have ever had. I have sampled this dish at a good number of restaurants in Philly and these were large and very heavy, dense. I did not like their menu which was small and unimaginative. I found their chairs to be uncomfortable with small seat and nonsupportive backs. The tuna was bland and did not taste like high quality. However, my lobster ravioli with shrimp was good. Veal chop ok
- Exquisitly wonderfulDelawareMikeDined on 6/27/2014We wanted to find a uniquely authentic Italian restaurant that was not on the "tourist trap" list. We were hosting a couple from our college days, who had never been to Philadelphia before. The review in "Yelp" made this one of our top picks. We were not disappointed at all. We were greeted by the host Vinny, who gave us personal attention as he took our wine and chilled it until we were ready to order. We started with the gnocchi as our appetizers. It was fantastic! The main courses were well prepared and delicious. Suggest you order the ricotta cheese cake, it was fluffy.Special Features:
- so good!cmarzDined on 6/17/2014you can't beat the gnocchi here, smothered in gorgonzola cheese~ worth the trip!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014Cucina Forte was outstanding. The staff I met was wonderful and extremely helpful. I recommend this to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DREAM SOUPRyanpVIPDined on 5/29/2014Go during the week and order off the specials. Gnocchi for the table to share. Gloria is a doll! I love this place.Special Features:
- Gnocchi heavenbillybungaDined on 5/16/2014Love this place. Have been twice now. The gnocchi is fantastic, specials are always extensive and very very good. Make sure to work an order of gnocchi in to your meal in some fashion. Seafood options were tasty, and dishes are nice size for large personal meal, but great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Expectations Poor ExperienceJoeyRDined on 5/13/2014My husband and I love eating at BYOs near our neighborhood and this one caught our eye while we had a once-in-a-while night out. The ratings were great but unfortunately the food was not even close to out expectations. The bread was moldy, and specials of fresh fettuccine with shrimp too full of burnt garlic and the veal special saltinbocca was just average. We had high expectations but this was below average overall.
- DissappointingmemeDined on 5/10/2014This was our second time here, the first time everything was great. This time , not so good. Mussels were tough and sandy, my entree, pasta w/shrimp, olives, etc. was very salty and I was expecting homemade pasta, and it wasn't. It also could have been cooked a little more. Appetizer, eggplant with crabmeat roasted peppers, etc, was very good, as was the special lobster tail w/crabmeat over gnocchi. I like a restaurant that is consistent and we kind of felt this wasn't.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Cucina Forte reviews archive.