CUCINA enoteca - Irvine
31 Fortune Dr.,Suite 306
Irvine, CA 92618Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
CUCINA enoteca - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: (949) 861-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Limited Menu: Daily: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Our incredible space is ideal for special group events of all sizes, ranging from 10 to 100. Please contact Ruth Rodriguez for special event inquiries at email@example.com.
A word from CUCINA enoteca - Irvine
CUCINA enoteca is centrally located in the Irvine Spectrum, one of Orange County's most energized retail experiences! Owner Tracy Borkum's flair for combining great ambience, award-winning cuisine and unparalleled service are once again starring components in this latest Urban Kitchen Group creation. Executive Chef Joe Magnanelli and Chef de Cuisine Chad Urata bring their artistry to the table as guests enjoy an open kitchen, including a rotisserie, pizza oven and salumi and formaggi display. The menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients. Along with a diverse selection of wines by the glass, guests may visit the restaurant's retail area to select from over 200 bottles for dinner (corkage fee of $8 applies) or purchase wine to go. The energetic space features contemporary elements and vintage artifacts creating the feel of a modern Italian kitchen combined with the comfort of an old rustic farmhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
CUCINA enoteca - Irvine - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
CUCINA enoteca - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)great for outdoor dining (76)notable wine list (73)good for groups (57)great for lunch (50)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (27)romantic (26)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (13)late-night find (10)scenic view (4)Show More
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014We sat outside on the patio which was very pleasant and quieter than the inside. The service was excellent. Our server was helpful and made great suggestions about the food and wine. Great menu selections and fun dining experience. Looking forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is yummy!lovinglifeDined on 11/15/2014Many interesting dishes to try. The short rib pasta dish was amazing. The wine list is quite extensive and there is a wine section for shopping before or after dinner. The restaurant is quite noisy so if you are looking for a quite romantic restaurant, this is not the one. However, we were there on a busy Saturday night so that many have been the reason for the high noise level. We are planning on returning to try other dishes on the menu that looked interesting. Looking forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine, Wine, and more Wine!SSadriDined on 11/14/2014I have to say the wine list was exquisite. The food is very delicious and the portions are just right. Perfect for a first date or an anniversary. Bravo to our Server Benjamin for the excellent level of service he provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaiziesMomDined on 11/13/2014Our experience was enhanced even further due to our knowledgeable server, Chad. He was perfect! The food was great as was the wine selection. Chad made wonderful recommendations and truly knew his menu----food and wine! His demeanor was really nice. The only downside was the greeter/hostess as well as the young teenager seating us. We had early reservations. So we weren't surprised that patio and most of the dining room were empty, but we were taken aback when we were told there was a wait for the patio dining and then were ushered and seated right next to the kitchen! No real common sense when seating.... We had to ask for a different table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal.FeargusVIPDined on 11/13/2014Had a great meal at Cucina again. The brussel sprouts are something everyone should try - flash cooked and then served with a great hot sauce at the bottom. If you're looking for options other than Italian on the menu, their burger is one of the best around. My daughter loves their truffle fries as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but a little snootyNotAFoodCriticDined on 11/12/2014This is one of those restaurants where substitutions are frowned upon. I understand this culinary snobbery but for the pricing, I feel I should get to enjoy all of the parts of the dish. For instance, I wasn't too excited about the fried cauliflower side dish that came with the sea bass but I wasn't "allowed" to switch it for another item on the menu. Something about it complimenting the dish. My palette must not be sophisticated enough because the compliment was lost on me. Their soups are amazing. I was hoping we were still in time for their pumpkin soup that I had last year. Unfortunately, we missed the pumpkin soup but the potato soup was almost as excellent. I appreciate that they offer a gluten free pasta option. Not many Italian based restaurants can accommodate gluten free diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Cucina EnotecaGingersnapDined on 11/9/2014I always recommend this place whenever this is a special occasion or when friends are getting together! I am never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to wine and dineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/4/2014This place has plenty of parking, a wonderful atmosphere, a huge reasonably priced wine list, and great food for sharing. Large communal tables as well as small intimate ones in a modern shabby-chic atmosphere. Most wines are by the bottle and sold at wholesale with an $8 corkage. The wines by the glass have their usual markup so it's best to buy by the bottle. And the list is vast so definitely tap the wait staff for help in what you like to drink. Food-wise, my friend and I shared three dishes: Kale salad, mussels, and eggplant/goat cheese pizza. Everything tasted very good and came out with nice timing. BTW - if you want bread, you have to ask for it. They don't just bring it. Goes well with the mussels.Special Features:
- CucinaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014I love the food and many friends do as well!!! The sea bass is amazing! Love the wine list too and just found out they do tastings. Can't go wrong here!Special Features:
- Layers of taste that WORKShamuDined on 10/31/2014Without a reservation the only seats available were at the large community table, if you haven’t tried this type of dining you’re missing out on a lovely experience. Be sure not to miss the home made Burratta mozzarella, served in a mason jar with toasted baguette & roasted garlic to spread; this will make you CRY it's so good. The framers salad is a mixture of heirloom tomatoes, pickled cauliflower, peppers & wonderful greens with a lovely dressing and is truly farm to table. Next we shared the Fig Gorgonzola Pizza, caramelized onions and topped with fresh arugula. This pizza is simply magnificent and deserves some kind of award. I just cant stop talking about it.Special Features:
- Consistently great diningLarry0651Dined on 10/31/2014The food is very good BUT the SERVICE is outstanding. This is third time having lunch here with clients. All three servers have been friendly, helpful with recommendations and attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food great servicenickmDined on 10/24/2014Love this place. Been here a couple of times. My 6 year old asked for it for his birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014I love this place! There are so many delicious choices for vegetarians, and my carnivorous friends love it too! I have taken so many people there, and they all have enjoyed it. Sit outside on the patio, it's nicer than inside...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only bad e xperienceBnbarnyDined on 10/16/2014Eat here frequently and for the best lasagna anywhere . The chef must have been having a bad day because it was not good. In fact not hot enough and dry. My wife had the short ribs and they were not up to par either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014I took a business associates and the lunch servers were very patient as we had late parties arrive. Delicious food served promptly.Special Features:
- Great Authentic ItaliansteakloverDined on 10/10/2014Cucina Enoteca was a surprise for great authentic Italian food!! We had similar dishes in Italy and the food here was as good!!! Great atmosphere from the wine bar area to the huge patio. Enjoyed our time at the restaurant!!Special Features:
- Best Modern Italian Spot!mrbobbradleyDined on 10/1/2014This is by far my favorite new Italian hot spot in Southern California. My fiance' and myself have been at least 6 times to the Irvine location and the service, food and atmosphere is top notch! A great place for a date or special celebration of a victory at work.Special Features:
- Always good food & good service!Wine4twoDined on 9/29/2014One of our favorite restaurants at the spectrum! The wine selection is great and they bring in new selections on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishe whol fishseafoodloverDined on 9/27/2014loved the fish! salad was delish, dont care for the butter , our waiter paul , was very nice.Special Features:
- Fit for Foodies!CarolineDined on 9/26/2014Great vibe with delicious food. The restaurant also has the best design. Artistically done with a touch of Italy, Spain and California coastal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine at a good priceOCEricVIPDined on 9/24/2014Very good Italian food and with a wine shop inside so you can buy a bottle at a good price and bring it to your table. Has a great brunello for $68.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine...Emilee92868Dined on 9/22/2014that is all you need for a great get together or happy hour. I love how knowledgable the staff is on the wine and food selections. It makes for a much nicer experience.Special Features:
- don't go for brunchsuzyalexVIPDined on 9/21/2014I've had lunch and dinner here several times and have always loved the food. However, the brunch menu was horrible. The food was not fresh and lacked taste. The topping on the bruschetta tasted like it was made the day before, the waffle was cakey and even the lemon beet salad was off.
- Wow, Fantastic ExperienceStinkyPeteVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is one great place, with top quality rustic style food, cooked to perfection. Without doubt the best value, quality food I had in the Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, Irvine area. Buying your wine retail (from a great selection) then just paying $8 corkage is such a refreshing change from being ripped off. Try it, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencefood22Dined on 9/14/2014The restaurant is decorated eclectic style with many items to catch your eye. Food was amazing and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Unique and DeliciousFoodieAtHeartDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is fantastic. The ambiance is great, especially on the patio where we sat. The food is to die for. Each person in my party ordered something different and we all shared, I enjoyed each one of their dishes. The wine list is great too and how it works is you purchase a bottle there at a retail price and then pay a corkage fee. Our server was a really great server, super knowledgeable about the food and drinks. He did seem to have a lot of tables though so he wasn't very fast at moving our meal along. However, we weren't in a rush though so it didn't bother us. Really great place to go, especially if you haven't tried it before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the kale and wheatberry salad!WJMRVIPDined on 9/10/2014The salad was awesome. It was a bit pricey and on the small side, but amazingly delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect brunch placekittyVIPDined on 9/7/2014This is a perferct brunch place on the weekend, no corkage fee if purchase wine @ their wine shop. We had the chicken & waffle, Ham & Brie panini, they are very good. For sure will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming backMrsKyoDined on 9/6/2014This is a usual spot for me and my family. I love bring friends here and love the fact that it has organic options. Unique and cozy decor.Special Features:
- Good but expensive for what it isrestaurantreviewDined on 9/1/2014This is always a great place to eat and the food is always good, my only complaint being that 21 dollars for a plate of pasta is too much - they must be making a fortune off it. $10 for a starter and $15-16 would be a lot better.Special Features:
- I dream about the pasta.......BonnieDined on 8/31/2014been here numerous times and the restaurant never disappoints.The handmade pasta is what dreams are made of. The sweet corn agnolotti dish is savory and sweet (OMG) as well as the pea pasta dish. I love this restaurant and the wait staff are well trained foodies that are passionate about the menuSpecial Features:
- Great find in Irvine2pickyDined on 8/31/2014I was with some friends and we were attending a Ballroom competition in Irvine. I checked Open Table and Cucina enoteca got good reviews so I made a reservation. What a lovely surprise. The food was great and our server, Benjamin, was even better. Everything that he recommended was stellar including his wine choices. I wish this restaurant was closer to Los Angeles. I would go there all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch location for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014This restaurant has a great selection of items and the setting is condusive to group get togethers! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Tasty!SatsumaVIPDined on 8/20/2014Overall, just wonderful! First time I've ever sent back a drink to have it remade, but I have to say, they did it without complaint, and quickly. Food was a little slow coming, but it all arrived hot and tasty. Restaurant was FULL with a wait on a Thursday night. Tried a couple new things that could become new favorites, specifically the clam linguini. Very fresh, very tasty and loved the hot chili bite at the finish. The Olive Oil semifreddo for dessert had AMAZING texture! Definitely getting that again. Though I have to admit, it was hard passing up the Chocolate Budino, a longtime favorite dessert. But only if we share it!!! So rich....and lovely....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a sure betPrincessWildhair2Dined on 8/15/2014Cucina Enoteca continues to be consistant in its ability to stay relevant with a lot of competition. The food is fresh, changing, served quickly and with great plate presentation. The wine list is very good however the beer list could be better - more choices. With so many excellent microbrews within a small distance I would recommend that they improve this. While this is a super place I would not recommend it for anything romantic as it does get a bit noisey but don't miss the chance to try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starSomeWhiteBoiDined on 8/14/2014The food is absolutely outstanding! I was at the Irvine Spectrum location but I felt like I was in Italy. The ambience is very laid back which uniquely complimented the impeccable service and food quality. I made an online reservation and the hostesses knew about it without looking at the computer. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the vast wine selection. Overall the service was personal, beyond satisfactory and not at all instrusive upon my dining experience. If you order a pizza I recommend adding the farm egg! I will be coming back here very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Quality food and reasonable portions. This was for a business focused luncheon meeting and we were able to maintain a conversation without having to yell or feel that others could over hear us.Special Features:
- Enjoyed ImmenslySandeeDined on 8/12/2014Our Waitress was very helpful in deciding what to order - and everything we chose was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodSatsumaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Never been disappointed. Hard to try new things when the standards are always so wonderful. Papardelle Ragu Beef never disappoints. Nor does the Chocolate Budino Dessert. Fried Zucchini Blossoms were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Decor was stylish, the food was great and the staff was super friendly and helpful.Best pork chop I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.