CUCINA enoteca - Irvine
31 Fortune Dr.,Suite 306
Irvine, CA 92618Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
CUCINA enoteca - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 9498612222x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Limited Menu: Daily: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Our incredible space is ideal for special group events of all sizes, ranging from 10 to 100. Please contact Ruth Rodriguez for special event inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from CUCINA enoteca - Irvine
CUCINA enoteca is centrally located in the Irvine Spectrum, one of Orange County's most energized retail experiences! Owner Tracy Borkum's flair for combining great ambience, award-winning cuisine and unparalleled service are once again starring components in this latest Urban Kitchen Group creation. Executive Chef Joe Magnanelli and Chef de Cuisine Chad Urata bring their artistry to the table as guests enjoy an open kitchen, including a rotisserie, pizza oven and salumi and formaggi display. The menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients. Along with a diverse selection of wines by the glass, guests may visit the restaurant's retail area to select from over 200 bottles for dinner (corkage fee of $8 applies) or purchase wine to go. The energetic space features contemporary elements and vintage artifacts creating the feel of a modern Italian kitchen combined with the comfort of an old rustic farmhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
CUCINA enoteca - Irvine - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
CUCINA enoteca - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)great for outdoor dining (81)notable wine list (70)good for groups (57)great for lunch (55)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (33)hot spot (29)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (21)great for brunch (19)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- My favorite place...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014I love this place! There are so many delicious choices for vegetarians, and my carnivorous friends love it too! I have taken so many people there, and they all have enjoyed it. Sit outside on the patio, it's nicer than inside...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only bad e xperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Eat here frequently and for the best lasagna anywhere . The chef must have been having a bad day because it was not good. In fact not hot enough and dry. My wife had the short ribs and they were not up to par either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014I took a business associates and the lunch servers were very patient as we had late parties arrive. Delicious food served promptly.Special Features:
- Great Authentic ItaliansteakloverDined on 10/10/2014Cucina Enoteca was a surprise for great authentic Italian food!! We had similar dishes in Italy and the food here was as good!!! Great atmosphere from the wine bar area to the huge patio. Enjoyed our time at the restaurant!!Special Features:
- Best Modern Italian Spot!mrbobbradleyDined on 10/1/2014This is by far my favorite new Italian hot spot in Southern California. My fiance' and myself have been at least 6 times to the Irvine location and the service, food and atmosphere is top notch! A great place for a date or special celebration of a victory at work.Special Features:
- Always good food & good service!Wine4twoDined on 9/29/2014One of our favorite restaurants at the spectrum! The wine selection is great and they bring in new selections on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishe whol fishseafoodloverDined on 9/27/2014loved the fish! salad was delish, dont care for the butter , our waiter paul , was very nice.Special Features:
- Fit for Foodies!CarolineDined on 9/26/2014Great vibe with delicious food. The restaurant also has the best design. Artistically done with a touch of Italy, Spain and California coastal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine at a good priceOCEricVIPDined on 9/24/2014Very good Italian food and with a wine shop inside so you can buy a bottle at a good price and bring it to your table. Has a great brunello for $68.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine...Emilee92868Dined on 9/22/2014that is all you need for a great get together or happy hour. I love how knowledgable the staff is on the wine and food selections. It makes for a much nicer experience.Special Features:
- don't go for brunchsuzyalexVIPDined on 9/21/2014I've had lunch and dinner here several times and have always loved the food. However, the brunch menu was horrible. The food was not fresh and lacked taste. The topping on the bruschetta tasted like it was made the day before, the waffle was cakey and even the lemon beet salad was off.
- Wow, Fantastic ExperienceStinkyPeteVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is one great place, with top quality rustic style food, cooked to perfection. Without doubt the best value, quality food I had in the Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, Irvine area. Buying your wine retail (from a great selection) then just paying $8 corkage is such a refreshing change from being ripped off. Try it, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencefood22Dined on 9/14/2014The restaurant is decorated eclectic style with many items to catch your eye. Food was amazing and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Unique and DeliciousFoodieAtHeartDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is fantastic. The ambiance is great, especially on the patio where we sat. The food is to die for. Each person in my party ordered something different and we all shared, I enjoyed each one of their dishes. The wine list is great too and how it works is you purchase a bottle there at a retail price and then pay a corkage fee. Our server was a really great server, super knowledgeable about the food and drinks. He did seem to have a lot of tables though so he wasn't very fast at moving our meal along. However, we weren't in a rush though so it didn't bother us. Really great place to go, especially if you haven't tried it before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the kale and wheatberry salad!WJMRVIPDined on 9/10/2014The salad was awesome. It was a bit pricey and on the small side, but amazingly delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect brunch placekittyVIPDined on 9/7/2014This is a perferct brunch place on the weekend, no corkage fee if purchase wine @ their wine shop. We had the chicken & waffle, Ham & Brie panini, they are very good. For sure will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensive for what it isrestaurantreviewDined on 9/1/2014This is always a great place to eat and the food is always good, my only complaint being that 21 dollars for a plate of pasta is too much - they must be making a fortune off it. $10 for a starter and $15-16 would be a lot better.Special Features:
- I dream about the pasta.......BonnieDined on 8/31/2014been here numerous times and the restaurant never disappoints.The handmade pasta is what dreams are made of. The sweet corn agnolotti dish is savory and sweet (OMG) as well as the pea pasta dish. I love this restaurant and the wait staff are well trained foodies that are passionate about the menuSpecial Features:
- Great find in Irvine2pickyDined on 8/31/2014I was with some friends and we were attending a Ballroom competition in Irvine. I checked Open Table and Cucina enoteca got good reviews so I made a reservation. What a lovely surprise. The food was great and our server, Benjamin, was even better. Everything that he recommended was stellar including his wine choices. I wish this restaurant was closer to Los Angeles. I would go there all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch location for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014This restaurant has a great selection of items and the setting is condusive to group get togethers! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Tasty!SatsumaVIPDined on 8/20/2014Overall, just wonderful! First time I've ever sent back a drink to have it remade, but I have to say, they did it without complaint, and quickly. Food was a little slow coming, but it all arrived hot and tasty. Restaurant was FULL with a wait on a Thursday night. Tried a couple new things that could become new favorites, specifically the clam linguini. Very fresh, very tasty and loved the hot chili bite at the finish. The Olive Oil semifreddo for dessert had AMAZING texture! Definitely getting that again. Though I have to admit, it was hard passing up the Chocolate Budino, a longtime favorite dessert. But only if we share it!!! So rich....and lovely....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a sure betPrincessWildhair2Dined on 8/15/2014Cucina Enoteca continues to be consistant in its ability to stay relevant with a lot of competition. The food is fresh, changing, served quickly and with great plate presentation. The wine list is very good however the beer list could be better - more choices. With so many excellent microbrews within a small distance I would recommend that they improve this. While this is a super place I would not recommend it for anything romantic as it does get a bit noisey but don't miss the chance to try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starSomeWhiteBoiDined on 8/14/2014The food is absolutely outstanding! I was at the Irvine Spectrum location but I felt like I was in Italy. The ambience is very laid back which uniquely complimented the impeccable service and food quality. I made an online reservation and the hostesses knew about it without looking at the computer. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the vast wine selection. Overall the service was personal, beyond satisfactory and not at all instrusive upon my dining experience. If you order a pizza I recommend adding the farm egg! I will be coming back here very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Quality food and reasonable portions. This was for a business focused luncheon meeting and we were able to maintain a conversation without having to yell or feel that others could over hear us.Special Features:
- Enjoyed ImmenslySandeeDined on 8/12/2014Our Waitress was very helpful in deciding what to order - and everything we chose was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodSatsumaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Never been disappointed. Hard to try new things when the standards are always so wonderful. Papardelle Ragu Beef never disappoints. Nor does the Chocolate Budino Dessert. Fried Zucchini Blossoms were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Decor was stylish, the food was great and the staff was super friendly and helpful.Best pork chop I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodJoeyDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent and the service was top notch. Our waiter was Michael and he was one of the best waiters we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDiningDebDined on 7/31/2014When you need to get together for a special occasion and everyone asks, "Where should we go?" a great answer is Cucina Enoteca. It has everything. Great food, service, and ambiance. Something for everyone, plus a great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBlondieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Loved the food!!! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Fabulous food & serviceBronx731VIPDined on 7/25/2014Had two great meals here in the past 2 weeks. This last time I had one of the best rib eyes I have ever had, and the desserts are outstanding. The service is extremely friendly, and both the Assistant Manager and Manager also stopped by our table to make sure we were completely satisfied (we were!). This is now on my favorites list and we will be bringing others to show off our new "find."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Cucina dinner!TonyDined on 7/23/2014We had dinner at CUCINA enoteca and the food was outstanding starting with the stuffed squash blossoms and grilled octupus. The flavors of each were exquisite and the texture of the ricotta combined well with the flavor from the cured lemons. The main dish of baked arctic char over sauteed greens and cannelini beans was heavenly. The fish was cooked perfectly and the limoncello glaze was wonderful. The other dish was linguini with clams that had a wonderful broth with a little heat added over linguini that was cooked to perfect al dente. As the Governator would say "I'll be beck'"Special Features:
- Old Faithful, AlreadySandyToesDined on 7/22/2014Being in the middle of an always-busy outdoor mall, and difficult to get into without a reservation, this is a plan-ahead sort of place. But every time I actually make the effort, I'm so glad I did. Cucina Enoteca has food, wine and ambiance down pat. Being a wine retailer allows them to sell you a bottle, open it, and bag up whatever's still in there at the end of the meal. No corkage, no waste. And the food continues to shine: tasty, reliable, varied enough to please even the pickiest, and a quirky menu to peruse as soon as you sit down. I've sat indoors and out, at the bar and at tables. It's a feel-good experience every time. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home run once again. great choiceKilted1Dined on 7/22/2014We love this place as it's half way home and close to everything. we've never had a bad experience and this night was no exception.Special Features:
- tandlDined on 7/18/2014Love the menu and they had gluten free options. Service was great!Special Features:
- InnovativeCalibabeskisDined on 7/16/2014Gorgeous food that utilizes healthy and tasteful ingredients in innovative ways. Great choice of differing dining environments, eg outdoor, bar or indoor dining.Special Features:
- Favorite ItalianKellygurlDined on 7/15/2014This is my fourth visit and I'm hooked. I just love everything I've tried from the brick oven cooked fish to the braised beef hamburger. Not your typical Italian food. The polenta boards are a must try. Best polenta I've ever had - hands down! My daughter highly recommends the pork chop. The menu is seasonal, so what you had last time might not be there on your next visit. But that's what I love about this place. They are always cooking up something yummy! A nice gem among the typical chain restaurants at the Irvine Spectrum. I love the unique decor. Down to the porcelain painted door knobs on the bathroom stalls and the vintage Italian movie posters in the hall. Just an overall great experience each time.Special Features:
- Very consistentfussyfoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014I admit that I always order the same things when I come here, but that's because they are so good. Although I don't ordinarily like gorgonzola, the gorgonzola and pear spread is wonderful. I also love the eggplant and goat cheese pizza -- and the crust is great -- and the wheatberry salad. Each of these dishes is perfectly prepared and I'm very happy when I lunch at Cucina Enoteca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch!MVLisaDined on 7/13/2014Great Sunday brunch! So nice to sit outside and enjoy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Food was great! Waiter was attentive, veru nice and patient. Restaurant was very busy so was noisy. Love the antler chandeliers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.