Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 8587044500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
352 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (213)hot spot (176)notable wine list (164)vibrant bar scene (148)special occasion (147)good for groups (142)neighborhood gem (132)great for lunch (103)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (46)great for brunch (40)kid-friendly (37)late-night find (37)scenic view (16)Show More
- NEVER AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014Had a reservation and still waited 10 minutes to be seated. Waited another ten minutes for a waiter. Waited 25 minutes for the food. Waited 20 minutes for the cheque. Food was absolutely terrible! Noise level unacceptable. This is a wine bar pretending to have a restaurant.
- Just OKMrGreggDined on 8/26/2014This is my fourth or fifth time here and in brief, it's just OK. The foods are full of salt, and not full of natural flavors. I know the rent must be high, but you pay for that in the dishes. Ambiance is visual, but the volume is loud. If you are craving great Italian food, do not head in here expecting it. The service is great, and the staff is very attentitive.Special Features:
- DisappointedvegasviceVIPDined on 8/24/2014After reading the reviews for cucina enoteca I was looking forward to dining there. I like the decor of the restaurant but the service and food is mediocre at best. Based on the reviews on open table we ordered the polenta board which was polenta with short ribs and pork belly. In reality, the dish had very little,if any, pork belly. The short rib was good but not great. The table also shared the salumi and cheese platter which had a generous portion of prosciutto but only about an ounce of Gouda cheese. Not a great value for the price. The rack of lamb entree was bereft of seasoning or sauce and was mediocre at best. Service was ok, although the small water glasses provided stayed unfilled longer than they should. Don't think I will returnSpecial Features:
- Not so Hot in Del MarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014I must say that if you go on the right night this restaurant can be epic... That said don't go on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.
- Great food as always...KazsezDined on 8/24/2014So I love this restaurant...the food, decor, staff, ambiance etc., but I took a friend here recently and chose the open plan seating area upstairs for a Sunday brunch relaxed feel and because we've dined upstairs twice for brunch and loved it. The food was excellent as usual, but it was windy and chilly and the server said he had no way to mitigate the problem. He did say we could move downstairs, but that wasn't the brunch vibe we wanted. We braved our way through, but had to weigh down the place mats etc. with water glasses. Love this place but don't forget a wrap just in case it's breezy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My fiancee and I came to C Enoteca on Saturday night for my bday. I made reservations for the both of us on Tuesday at 8:30 PM. When we arrived, we were told we had to wait 15 minutes because a party who had our table was still there. My Fiancee and didn't really care at first as 15 minutes seemed like a short amount of time but we were still shocked as we had a reservation. We just walked around the plaza but we started to get upset because we weren't called for our table until 30 MINUTES later. As we showed up to the front desk where the hostess was, I acknowledged them that we were upset but one of the girls became defensive and said that they couldn't control the party not leaving and that they cant control reservations by a computer.
- WonderfulkatmooreDined on 8/23/2014I was very impressed! I have a hearing problem and the staff set up a special table outside on the upstairs deck for us. What a lovely night under the stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Farm to TableJenHDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a very satisfying dinner at Cucina Enoteca. Our meal was composed of few appetizers and dessert. In particular, we enjoyed the herbed ricotta stuffed squash blossom appetizer, but we also really liked our kale caesar salad, cherry tomato vasi, and daily crudo of hamachi and artichoke. We shared the zeppole and the chocolate torte for dessert and they were a great finish to a lovely meal. Service was attentive but never obtrusive and the ambience was a delightful mix of industrial farm house/European alfresco. I have been to the sister restaurant, downtown SD's Cucina Urbana, a few times and I will definitely be back to Cucina Enoteca and I'm really happy to have this North County restaurant close to my home.Special Features:
- Cucina Urbana but in North Countylclee70Dined on 8/22/2014Cucina Urbana is one of my favorite restaurants in SD, so I was thrilled to see them open a new location in North County. All my favorites still there on the menu: stuffed squash blossoms, polenta with daily ragu, short rib papardelle. I only give it 4 star though this time because one of the sides was served cold instead of warm-to-hot. Waiter immediately rectified the situation, but was the only time that I'd ever been served anything less than stellar at any Cucina restaurant. But everything else was delicious and definitely on the usual Cucina standard. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great spotWaltelierDined on 8/20/2014A complete restaurant, from beginning to end. The service, attentive, the food, well thought out, the atmosphere, casual and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeUp2urearsDined on 8/18/2014Sara was a great server. Food was great. Too many good options to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food great - view not somcschnoodles03Dined on 8/16/2014The food was absolutely fabulous in this restaurant. The seating plan was spacious but the view of McDonalds and Milton's cafe took from the ambiance. They should have at least considered opaque glass/shades/partial views for this location. Our server was terrible. She had a sloppy pour and every time she refilled our glasses she spilled/splashed wine on the table. She was not engaging or polite and it took away from the whole experience.Special Features:
- Great customer experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Friday night was a little hectic there but their employees gave my husband and I one of our nicest dinner out date nights in a long time. The manager gave us a terrific wine recommendation, server was cheerful and helpful and the food was delicious. No rushed feeling and nice warm environment!Special Features:
- Continues to ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014We keep bringing different friends, and they all love it as much as we do. The polenta board is a must, and I adore the sweet pea hummus. We have not tried anything that we have not thought was outstanding. The wine list is fun, and the prices are incredible. It is a great place to explore all of the Italian varieties that you have heard about.Special Features:
- We Will be Back!GailCVIPDined on 8/14/2014This was a perfect place to meet for lunch! Great service--Nadia was really helpful in guiding us through the menu. It was our first time and we appreciated her suggestions! The food was delicious--fresh salads, fantastic bread with many delicious toppings-- The flourless chocolate torte was beautiful and will be a repeat for our next visit! The upstairs is worth the visit-- Fun decor!Special Features:
- vibrant but too noisyPowayfoodieDined on 8/13/2014group of 6 and the place was so loud even on a Wednesday evening that it was hard to hear everyone at our table. The short rib Pappardelle pasta was excellent, pizza ( 1 fig & 1 prosciutto) was good but overall the food was pricey for what it is. Same with the desserts (Potato Zeppole and Blondie).Special Features:
- Good and badEdibleDined on 8/9/2014We had a reservation at 845 and weren't seated til 915. The food was great once we were finally served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatery in Del Mar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We love this restaurant. The food is unusual and very good, with a great variety. The brussel sprouts and cauliflower side dishes are incredible. Service and look of the restaurant are great. The only complaint we have is that the noise level is a little loud -- a bit difficult for a conversation...but otherwise, a top choice. Also, prices were manageable.Special Features:
- Always delicious!AmygsdDined on 8/9/2014I've been to Cucina Enoteca several times, and it never disappoints. The food is delicious. We particularly enjoyed the squash blossom appetizer and the frutti di mare entree. Some parts of the restaurant can be loud, but this time we were seated on the west end, on one of the pillowed benches, and all seven of us could converse pretty easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Enoteca Del MarSteffyDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night here. Service was great and food was yummy. it's lively and would be fun with a group of friends, girls night out, or another date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentdarvesDined on 8/8/2014The service and food were fantastic! I loved the entry (wine room) and interior space. The polenta with lamb, served on a cutting board, seemed strange but was delicious.Special Features:
- Must Eat UpstairsSteveTDined on 8/7/2014Noise level off the charts on the first floor. Make sure you reserve a table on the covered rooftop level. Food was a mixed bag. My wife's appetizer (mushroom risotto) and entree (short rib pappardelle) were outstanding. My kale ceasar salad and duck stuffed spinach&kale ravioli was average at best. If possible I would give the food 3 1/2 stars.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Went there for dinner. For what you get very overpriced! Taking advantage of the location Very noisy. More like a drinking bar.
- WowedazmiVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have been here a few times and it has been very good food and great service. Took a group of friends this time and they were blown away with the food and the presentation and the service. We shared some flatbread, squash blossoms, polenta ragu, salads and blondie dessert with a lovely white wine. We had a love affair with the food. Great dining experience indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time by all accounts.LisasbDined on 8/5/2014The albacore crusade was sensational! Fresh and extremely flavorful. Love the pate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW GEMchungpDined on 8/3/2014I just sat and looked at the menu and said you pick.... then again looked at the wine list and said.. we like red and surprise us... WOW! it was fantastic!Special Features:
- A pleasure!NomnomVIPDined on 8/1/2014Amazing cocktails & wine selection, beautiful upstairs and dining room areas. Authentic Italian cuisine fused with local, California faire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it can't get any more perfectDelmargirlVIPDined on 8/1/2014now don't make that set you up for failure. but i have been here a zilliion times for all sorts of reasons. intimate dinner, dinner with kids, girls night out, emotional discussions, party it up reasons, anything. the best food, has never done me wrong. unbelievable dishes, with touches and aromas that will blow you away. service impeccable, all the way to the GM bussing plates and serving and mingling, all at the same time. the beauty of this restaurant is the way it's divided up. there's a res only area and then a vibrant bar scene with community (packed) but intimate tables that are great. i love the noise, the energy, the food, and the of course the service is the #1 reason i'm there. thanks for a consistent time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The place is like being a cozy, rustic home. The place has something to offer any occasion. Date night, celebration with friends and getting together with old friends, all of which I saw the night we had dinner. We dined on pizza (our 4 year old ate almost an entire pizza) The short ribs were amazing (like eating an amazing pot roast dinner) Husband had shrimp and pasta and raved about it. Wine list was amazing although I ordered a wine off the menu recommendated by the nicest waiter. Great experience, affordable and a nice change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Enoteca, a winnerLeleDined on 7/31/2014Very good food and service, noisy but a happening scene for the younger set. We will go back even tho we senior citizens.Special Features:
- margaretrubinsteinDined on 7/31/2014cucina enoteca offered a superior dining experience all around! The appetizers were so good that we could've been satisfied with these alone. Not the run-of-the mill choices either. Even the bread was superior and don't get me started on the desserts! All yummy!Special Features:
- Great Service Great FoodgreatexperienceDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant had great service throughout the evening with both the manager and the waiter attentively checking on us regularly. The octopus was delicious and my dinner meal was most excellent.Special Features:
- LOVEitalianfoodlover101Dined on 7/30/2014Cucina Enoteca is one of my favorite restaurants I have ever been too. The menu is priced very well. The decoration throughout the place is so fun and unique. I like how there are different specials every day off the week like "Meatball Mondays." The upstairs bar is so cool and fun, especially the swings.Special Features:
- New neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014After trying this delicious spot once, I was hooked, and have found several excuses to return for birthdays, out of town visitors and anyone who will join me. The drinks are creative and delicious - and the food ohhh the food! Anytime they have a daily crudo special, get it - those are the most amazing. The "burnt" brussel sprouts with Ivan's Hot Sauce are ridiculously addictive, and there is a pasta dish with cabbage and a poached egg that my 6 and 8 year old gobble up (along with the kale caesar) The desserts are less consistent- though I LOVE the nutella affogato and also the yogurt panna cotta.Special Features:
- Very goodEllenDined on 7/28/2014Food good. Service excellent!! Attention to detail. Excellent italian wines. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Please, we say this with only the utmost respect and only wanting to point out a better way. As we entered we were greeted and told that it was not 5pm yet, it was 5 minutes to. We were told to go to the bar then come back to check in. We think the better way to have handled this would have been to say, can we have your name and we will come and get you when it's time. You had plenty of hostesses and many many empty tables. We did go to the the bar and decided to stay there have drinks and eat our dinner, it was great. You have a very knowledgeable bar staff and we couldn't be happier with the service and great food. Again only constructive criticism. We will be back.......Special Features:
- Foodie's DreamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great atmosphere and service. Love the food! It was to die for! Definitely go for the pork belly and meat/cheese platter appetizers. Bucatini pasta for an entree was full of flavor also. Dessert was good but nothing compared to appetizer and entree. Definitely a meal to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Food was great. Noise unbearable. I was hoarse when I left just trying to converse .Special Features:
- WishizzyDined on 7/23/2014Fun place, parking difficult, valet service availability a must..... Everything beautiful, quite an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and funKazsezDined on 7/20/2014With an eclectic decor that includes plastic horses on wires and block and tackle hangers, coupled with several diverse dining areas that range from a formal but fun indoor area, bar stools and long tables and an indoor/outdoor upstairs patio , this place is hard not to love. Couple that with delicious, interesting and intriguing food choices and their own organically grown produce and Cucina Enoteca has to be one of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.