Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 8587044500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (220)hot spot (169)notable wine list (169)vibrant bar scene (144)good for groups (139)special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (112)great for lunch (88)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (43)great for brunch (31)kid-friendly (28)late-night find (26)scenic view (11)Show More
- Great Local PlaceFountainFoxCooperVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food and atmosphere. Pork Belly was tasty and the hamachi crudo was excellent. Always enjoy their margarita pizza and the lobster with gnocchi and fresh pea foam, but the pumpkin panna cotta for desert was weak.
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014I've been Cucina Enoteca three or four times now. All of my prior experiences were great and very consistent. This last time however was a little different. Our server seemed less than thrilled to be working. She was not very attentive, seemed very impatient with us, and was a little bit on the snooty side. This made our dining experience much less pleasant. I hope this was a single isolated event and not the norm.Special Features:
- MayzDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is our new addiction. I love the Polenta board and the stuffed zucchini flowers and the Octopus appetizers. You can't go wrong. the wines are of excellent value.Special Features:
- One Word!!SherlockVIPDined on 10/17/2014Just GREAT!!!! The food and service were beyond compare. We have been back at least 5 times this year, and love it every time we visit!!!Special Features:
- Not living up to the hypeFoodistaDined on 10/14/2014Very cool ambiance. Service started out slow then picked up. Menu is uninspired and limited and food was heavy greasy and salty from entrees to pizzas to appetizers. Wine list is good. Lavender lemonade bitingly tart and too strong. Basically the food just isn't good enough for a return visit. We've been there 3 times to date. I don't understand the crowds.Special Features:
- something for everyoneloveredsDined on 10/13/2014Extensive choices of food/wine. Lots of creative dishes that I haven't found elsewhere. Many offerings are fine for sharing at the table so "grazing" is easy. BTW, 4 stars is high praise from me because I reserve a 5 for absolute perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too loudhikerDined on 10/12/2014We went for my wife's birthday. We sat in the room toward the west downstairs. The ambient noise was very high and it was challenging to have a regular conversation. The food was very interesting and tasty. My wife really enjoyed her calamari and stuffed zucchini flowers. I had the chicken which was well prepared. We had the rum tiramisu for dessert, but could not taste any rum. No recognition of my wife's birthday, even though I had indicated it on the reservation and they had asked when they called to confirm. Overall, I would go back to the bar but not the restaurant.Special Features:
- Love this place!JenRoVIPDined on 10/12/2014I've dined here for brunch and dinner, and I'm never disappointed. The food is always amazing! The wait staff is great! Definitely recommend making a reservation, as it can get very crowded, but it's worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceanddelicious foodGimmeSomeSpiceDined on 10/10/2014In short, this place had high expectations and delivered hi marks, it will be recommended and revisited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try stuffed zucchini blossoms!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/8/2014The stuffed zucchini blossoms are to die for - we get them every time we go. Today's soup, kabocha squash with star anise was absolutely PERFECT. My friend's pizza was beautiful and delicious. The only let down was the grilled zucchini pane - a bit skimpy on the filling and not much flavor, except for the chili flakes on the bread which about took my head off with the heat! And why did they take the "coffee and donuts" off the dessert menu?!?!? That was one of the best things ever! All in all though, CE is a great place for those who appreciate good food in a cool atmosphere. It's not fancy, it's fun, and the servers are quite good.Special Features:
- Best FoodurevwVIPDined on 10/5/2014It's the best food I've ever had. Friends come from out of town just to go there with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group DinnerCarlsbadFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had dinner here before a concert and our server great! She accommodated our special orders, our special requests and our time demands. We didn't feel rushed at all. The hand crafted cocktails were delicious, as was their house-made strawberry vodka! The polenta board (with pork shoulder on the night we went) was unexpectedly a true winner for all. The beet salad was wonderful as was the pork chop and the jidori chicken (very moist and flavorful) entrees! No one was disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Night in the KitchenbunnyluvDined on 10/1/2014We have been to the restaurant several times and always enjoyed the visit. We were entertaining business clients from out of town and thought they would enjoy the restaurant. What a nightmare it was! First ... the service was very slow and it took about 15 minutes for us to receive our drinks. We finally ordered and then waited and waited and waited. Our reservations were at 7:30 and at 9:00 we still had not received our entrees. My husband finally spoke to the manager and apparently there was some kind of big problem in the kitchen. When our food finally did arrive, it was overcooked and my husband couldn't even eat his entree because it was so salty. We may be back but this night was a disaster!
- JBeanDined on 10/1/2014Great food and very inventive. The service was very good (the server's command of the intricate menu was impressive!) The only complaint is, of course, the noise level: hard floors, minimal upholstery, ceramic tiled walls. We were there early in the evening and the noise level was already pretty bad, but the food was so good I'm glad we didn't flee like we sometimes do.Special Features:
- Such a disappointmentPreciousmeDined on 9/29/2014It took us forever to get our meals. The bouillabaisse was so salty it was almost inedible. We were celebrating my birthday and the complimentary dessert was an embarrassing puddle of chocolate Whip cream on a plate. A very disappoint eveningSpecial Features:
- So darn goodBabblesatDined on 9/29/2014I've been here a few times and I absolutely love it here. The décor is so cool, kind of like the Anthropology store rustic. I haven't had a meal here I did not like. The short rib pappardelle pasta is my crack. The Garlic Burrata is so good. My sister gets the Bucatini every time. The squash blossoms are something that I've never seen served anywhere else and are quite tasty.Special Features:
- It was restaurant weekDonCDined on 9/27/2014We eat at this restaurant a few times a year. We like it and everyone we've taken there has enjoyed the food. This time it the last day of restaurant week. Sort of a bummer because the menu is more or less set. In the old days prices were lower but not so much anymore, so it's not as if you're getting a great deal on the food. The fixed menu killed our usual of getting the polenta as an appetizer and moving on from there. That said, this place has some great specials (if it's not restaurant week) and the polenta as the main course was, unsurprisingly, outstanding. Everyone enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Cucina EnotecarosesDined on 9/24/2014Went to Cucina Enoteca to celebrate my birthday. Great restaurant week menu, super service, lovely table on the outside balcony. The only problem was the noise level, mostly from some folks at the bar who had been imbibing too freely (noise is often an issue at this venue). Definitely recommended for the food, wine offerings,and fun decor.Special Features:
- Jaz24Dined on 9/24/2014Every time I dine at Cucina Enoteca, I am reminded how much I love it! The food is always delicious and the ingredients are always fresh and prepared perfectly. Beyond the food, the staff is attentive, helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. From the general managers, to the servers, to the hostesses, everyone always make my experience special and one to remember. I definitely recommend Cucina Enoteca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014vbresdVIPDined on 9/23/2014The buzz on the restaurant is accurate. Great spot to meet up with friends, great food and bar. The delay between appetizer and entree was extra long (tables on either side of us actually finished before we got our entrees, and they sat after we did). But, that could just be because it was very full and restaurant week. I'd go back here on a regular day for sure. Oh, allows dogs on the patio. That was interesting.Special Features:
- Food very tastyDBmyfaveDined on 9/23/2014The arugula, fig, pine nut, goat cheese pizza splashed with balsamic was very good and the portion perfect for sharing or taking home for lunch the next day/ The beet salad was pretty good, shared it so it wasn't quite enough for two beet salad lovin' people. Wine list very nice and the by the glass was very adequate. Nice that it is a real Enoteca and while I didn't look at the prices I guess I might buy a bottle on occasion. Though there already is a great wine shop close by, I think its more for effect. Loved all the different seating areas...something for everyone. Decor is fun! Chairs comfy for a relaxing dinner in the main dining area. We were happy campers when we left for the theatre.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/22/2014Love the food here. Service is great. Fresh ingredients used creatively.Special Features:
- Delicious, deafening, and dimOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2014Wish the ambient noise and light could have been more compatible with humans over 50 years old. Yes, sorry to say this is NOT a good place to go for a nice, casual meal if you intend to talk with multiple companions. The wine list is extensive, but dinky print in a dim environment led to an embarrassing wine error. Well, we've been there and will not return, although I really liked the roasted beet, avocado, and toasty nut salad. How about a small dining area which is sound muted and better lit for those guests who crave a peaceful and well-prepared meal (and now need reading glasses).Special Features:
- Restaurant Week gemFrancophilesDined on 9/22/2014Nice Restaurant Week menu - 3 different price points. Our choices were excellent, esp. the beet salad and short rib pappardelle. Desserts were disappointing - tasteless budino and dry blondie. We asked for a good table when we reserved and got the primo corner spot for 2 - perfect. Too bad the view is of the busy road though! Eclectic decor and menu. Service was atentive even though the place was busy for a Monday night. Enjoyable experience - would love to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findTaf712Dined on 9/21/2014So glad my friend recommended this restaurant. Servers were pleasant and very knowledgable. Every item was made to perfection. Great atmosphere. We had fun sitting with a view of the open kitchen but next time we will try the lovely dining room. Don't miss the squash blossoms stuffed with ricotta, amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MuzackdisappointedindelmarDined on 9/21/2014The dinner was ruined by the loud, techno, pounding, rapid, repetitious excuse for music. It was difficult to even have a conversation. The noise was totally inappropriate for a place that tries to position itself as a semi-upscale restaurant. My wife and I are not 20-somethings nor were we looking for a nightclub. I'm willing to try again, but if the so-called music is the same next time, we will leave.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Great find. Complete experience. Perfect service , extremely tasty food , cool ambience. We will frequent and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a date night!JellybeanDined on 9/20/2014We were greeted by our server with a glass of champagne to celebrate our Anniversary. We had a cozy bench seat by the corner window. Even though it was a busy Saturday night and the tables were full, we didn't feel crowded. The service was top notch and the food was amazing. The braised short ribs over polenta was incredible! We loved the fun, funky vibe even though it is in a shopping center but close enough to the beach for an after dinner walk! I highly recommend Cucina Enoteca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten free-veganAllergiesDined on 9/20/2014I'm gluten free with dairy and protein allergies, eating out is challenging. Our waiter was wonderfully creative and brought me a delicious gluten free pasta dish that fit all my needs. Moderately priced wines were a delightful surprise. Our party of 4 asked for a dessert menu, but none of us could find anything worthy of the calories, we went elsewhere for dessert. The atmosphere was nice, but very noisy.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch for a FriendgourmetDined on 9/20/2014The chopped salad was very disappointing - it was not chopped - the portion was small and quite unappealing - The beet salad we ordered was tasty - the manager brought another salad with arugula and added some burrata cheese and prosciutto to make up for the sparse chopped selection. (He did not charge for it.) We appreciated his effort to make up for the first "entree". The chicken addition to the salad was very small but tasty. The birthday dessert was tiny - not impressive at all. We were underwhelmed with the food - The server was good although we had to ask him for the birthday dessert several times until it appeared.Special Features:
- Fabulous Cucina!SuzyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Quirky design interior space adds charm to the varied menu. Wish there were more fish and seafood choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014I've been to Cucina Urbana before and had the short rib pappardelle, which is what I ordered at Cucina Enoteca. It was just as delicious as the first and has been my favorite dish for a few years! The waitress greeted us warmly and immediately wished my boyfriend a happy birthday and included a nice treat at the end for us. I will definitely be back and am so excited that there is a sister restaurant in North County!Special Features:
- Delishf00dieDined on 9/13/2014Cucina Enoteca has been on my "must try" list for almost a year and I finally made it in this past weekend and they did not disappoint. The food was amazing. The menu is creative and is perfect for sharing lots of small plates so that you can sample a variety of dishes without breaking the bank. They also have an extensive wine selection with lots of great gems from Italy at reasonable prices. The service was top notch, including complimentary bubbly since we were celebrating our anniversary. As far as ambiance goes, our reservations were in the early evening so it was pretty quiet and mellow, but it was louder and becoming more of a social scene around the time we were leaving.Special Features:
- very nice lunchweekendlunchDined on 9/13/2014This was my second time dining there. We met friends who drove down from LA for my husbands Birthday. We were greeted nicely. The wait staff was at the ready and very attentive. Of course, the restaurant had just opened so it was not very crowded. We were looking forward to more of a brunch fare; egg dishes etc. There weren't any. Perhaps this could be added to the menu on the weekends. Our lunch was great. I do feel like this is an expensive restaurant. With 4 for lunch, 1 drink a piece, with tip it was $200. Overall, a pleasant and nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DininglunchfriendsDined on 9/11/2014We were treated to a free glass of champagne in honor of our wedding anniversary. That was a nice touch - which went along with the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner.Chirsty1Dined on 9/10/2014The food is amazing, if you can get a table. Try the shrimp pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Del Mar restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014My husband had dinner at this restaurant two nights in a row, we loved Cucina Enoteca so much. Outstanding food and wine and absolutely lovely wait staff--Victoria and Falou were kind, patient and helpful and made each of our evenings perfect and enjoyable. We have had a home in Del Mar for over 20 years and this is one of the best new restaurants to come to Del Mar in ages.Special Features:
- Disappointing RibeyeChocolateDined on 9/7/2014This happens to be one of the most expensive item on the menu, but it came with a lot of fat, non-chewable texture. It spoiled the whole dinner, where everything else was fine. The waitress did offer to take it back, but since we cut it into four pieces and share, even though everyone dislike it, we did not want the kitchen thinking we were taking advantage of them. Better be careful of this dish. Other than that, it is more than 3 stars rating for everything else.Special Features:
- What a menu!NancyVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is fantastic and the restaurant is filled with stylish people having a great time. It's quite a noisy place so talking is difficult. Our waiter had to shout the specials to us. He looked worn out because of it.Special Features:
- It was okay, nothing great.KSisnerosVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been to Cucina Urbana and it was way better then this one was. In my opinion food was okay but way over priced. The noise level was up there but we did go on a Saturday night...so our bad. My big complaint was service. The service was really slow. We kept asking for recommendations and we were getting wishing-washy answers. Just not what I expected after being to Urbana. The food was either blan or over seasoned not perfect.Special Features: