Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 8587044500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
347 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (229)hot spot (185)notable wine list (180)vibrant bar scene (156)good for groups (144)special occasion (133)neighborhood gem (128)great for lunch (97)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (44)kid-friendly (34)great for brunch (32)late-night find (29)scenic view (13)Show More
- It was restaurant weekDonCDined on 9/27/2014We eat at this restaurant a few times a year. We like it and everyone we've taken there has enjoyed the food. This time it the last day of restaurant week. Sort of a bummer because the menu is more or less set. In the old days prices were lower but not so much anymore, so it's not as if you're getting a great deal on the food. The fixed menu killed our usual of getting the polenta as an appetizer and moving on from there. That said, this place has some great specials (if it's not restaurant week) and the polenta as the main course was, unsurprisingly, outstanding. Everyone enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Cucina EnotecarosesDined on 9/24/2014Went to Cucina Enoteca to celebrate my birthday. Great restaurant week menu, super service, lovely table on the outside balcony. The only problem was the noise level, mostly from some folks at the bar who had been imbibing too freely (noise is often an issue at this venue). Definitely recommended for the food, wine offerings,and fun decor.Special Features:
- Jaz24Dined on 9/24/2014Every time I dine at Cucina Enoteca, I am reminded how much I love it! The food is always delicious and the ingredients are always fresh and prepared perfectly. Beyond the food, the staff is attentive, helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. From the general managers, to the servers, to the hostesses, everyone always make my experience special and one to remember. I definitely recommend Cucina Enoteca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014vbresdVIPDined on 9/23/2014The buzz on the restaurant is accurate. Great spot to meet up with friends, great food and bar. The delay between appetizer and entree was extra long (tables on either side of us actually finished before we got our entrees, and they sat after we did). But, that could just be because it was very full and restaurant week. I'd go back here on a regular day for sure. Oh, allows dogs on the patio. That was interesting.Special Features:
- Food very tastyDBmyfaveDined on 9/23/2014The arugula, fig, pine nut, goat cheese pizza splashed with balsamic was very good and the portion perfect for sharing or taking home for lunch the next day/ The beet salad was pretty good, shared it so it wasn't quite enough for two beet salad lovin' people. Wine list very nice and the by the glass was very adequate. Nice that it is a real Enoteca and while I didn't look at the prices I guess I might buy a bottle on occasion. Though there already is a great wine shop close by, I think its more for effect. Loved all the different seating areas...something for everyone. Decor is fun! Chairs comfy for a relaxing dinner in the main dining area. We were happy campers when we left for the theatre.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/22/2014Love the food here. Service is great. Fresh ingredients used creatively.Special Features:
- Delicious, deafening, and dimOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2014Wish the ambient noise and light could have been more compatible with humans over 50 years old. Yes, sorry to say this is NOT a good place to go for a nice, casual meal if you intend to talk with multiple companions. The wine list is extensive, but dinky print in a dim environment led to an embarrassing wine error. Well, we've been there and will not return, although I really liked the roasted beet, avocado, and toasty nut salad. How about a small dining area which is sound muted and better lit for those guests who crave a peaceful and well-prepared meal (and now need reading glasses).Special Features:
- Restaurant Week gemFrancophilesDined on 9/22/2014Nice Restaurant Week menu - 3 different price points. Our choices were excellent, esp. the beet salad and short rib pappardelle. Desserts were disappointing - tasteless budino and dry blondie. We asked for a good table when we reserved and got the primo corner spot for 2 - perfect. Too bad the view is of the busy road though! Eclectic decor and menu. Service was atentive even though the place was busy for a Monday night. Enjoyable experience - would love to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findTaf712Dined on 9/21/2014So glad my friend recommended this restaurant. Servers were pleasant and very knowledgable. Every item was made to perfection. Great atmosphere. We had fun sitting with a view of the open kitchen but next time we will try the lovely dining room. Don't miss the squash blossoms stuffed with ricotta, amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MuzackdisappointedindelmarDined on 9/21/2014The dinner was ruined by the loud, techno, pounding, rapid, repetitious excuse for music. It was difficult to even have a conversation. The noise was totally inappropriate for a place that tries to position itself as a semi-upscale restaurant. My wife and I are not 20-somethings nor were we looking for a nightclub. I'm willing to try again, but if the so-called music is the same next time, we will leave.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Great find. Complete experience. Perfect service , extremely tasty food , cool ambience. We will frequent and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a date night!JellybeanDined on 9/20/2014We were greeted by our server with a glass of champagne to celebrate our Anniversary. We had a cozy bench seat by the corner window. Even though it was a busy Saturday night and the tables were full, we didn't feel crowded. The service was top notch and the food was amazing. The braised short ribs over polenta was incredible! We loved the fun, funky vibe even though it is in a shopping center but close enough to the beach for an after dinner walk! I highly recommend Cucina Enoteca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten free-veganAllergiesDined on 9/20/2014I'm gluten free with dairy and protein allergies, eating out is challenging. Our waiter was wonderfully creative and brought me a delicious gluten free pasta dish that fit all my needs. Moderately priced wines were a delightful surprise. Our party of 4 asked for a dessert menu, but none of us could find anything worthy of the calories, we went elsewhere for dessert. The atmosphere was nice, but very noisy.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch for a FriendgourmetDined on 9/20/2014The chopped salad was very disappointing - it was not chopped - the portion was small and quite unappealing - The beet salad we ordered was tasty - the manager brought another salad with arugula and added some burrata cheese and prosciutto to make up for the sparse chopped selection. (He did not charge for it.) We appreciated his effort to make up for the first "entree". The chicken addition to the salad was very small but tasty. The birthday dessert was tiny - not impressive at all. We were underwhelmed with the food - The server was good although we had to ask him for the birthday dessert several times until it appeared.Special Features:
- Fabulous Cucina!SuzyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Quirky design interior space adds charm to the varied menu. Wish there were more fish and seafood choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014I've been to Cucina Urbana before and had the short rib pappardelle, which is what I ordered at Cucina Enoteca. It was just as delicious as the first and has been my favorite dish for a few years! The waitress greeted us warmly and immediately wished my boyfriend a happy birthday and included a nice treat at the end for us. I will definitely be back and am so excited that there is a sister restaurant in North County!Special Features:
- Delishf00dieDined on 9/13/2014Cucina Enoteca has been on my "must try" list for almost a year and I finally made it in this past weekend and they did not disappoint. The food was amazing. The menu is creative and is perfect for sharing lots of small plates so that you can sample a variety of dishes without breaking the bank. They also have an extensive wine selection with lots of great gems from Italy at reasonable prices. The service was top notch, including complimentary bubbly since we were celebrating our anniversary. As far as ambiance goes, our reservations were in the early evening so it was pretty quiet and mellow, but it was louder and becoming more of a social scene around the time we were leaving.Special Features:
- very nice lunchweekendlunchDined on 9/13/2014This was my second time dining there. We met friends who drove down from LA for my husbands Birthday. We were greeted nicely. The wait staff was at the ready and very attentive. Of course, the restaurant had just opened so it was not very crowded. We were looking forward to more of a brunch fare; egg dishes etc. There weren't any. Perhaps this could be added to the menu on the weekends. Our lunch was great. I do feel like this is an expensive restaurant. With 4 for lunch, 1 drink a piece, with tip it was $200. Overall, a pleasant and nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DininglunchfriendsDined on 9/11/2014We were treated to a free glass of champagne in honor of our wedding anniversary. That was a nice touch - which went along with the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner.Chirsty1Dined on 9/10/2014The food is amazing, if you can get a table. Try the shrimp pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Del Mar restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014My husband had dinner at this restaurant two nights in a row, we loved Cucina Enoteca so much. Outstanding food and wine and absolutely lovely wait staff--Victoria and Falou were kind, patient and helpful and made each of our evenings perfect and enjoyable. We have had a home in Del Mar for over 20 years and this is one of the best new restaurants to come to Del Mar in ages.Special Features:
- Disappointing RibeyeChocolateDined on 9/7/2014This happens to be one of the most expensive item on the menu, but it came with a lot of fat, non-chewable texture. It spoiled the whole dinner, where everything else was fine. The waitress did offer to take it back, but since we cut it into four pieces and share, even though everyone dislike it, we did not want the kitchen thinking we were taking advantage of them. Better be careful of this dish. Other than that, it is more than 3 stars rating for everything else.Special Features:
- What a menu!NancyVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is fantastic and the restaurant is filled with stylish people having a great time. It's quite a noisy place so talking is difficult. Our waiter had to shout the specials to us. He looked worn out because of it.Special Features:
- It was okay, nothing great.KSisnerosVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been to Cucina Urbana and it was way better then this one was. In my opinion food was okay but way over priced. The noise level was up there but we did go on a Saturday night...so our bad. My big complaint was service. The service was really slow. We kept asking for recommendations and we were getting wishing-washy answers. Just not what I expected after being to Urbana. The food was either blan or over seasoned not perfect.Special Features:
- Disappointedsls2VIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I are huge fans of Cucina Urbana so we decided to try Cucina Enoteca in Del Mar. We had reservations and arrived on time, but when we arrived at the restaurant the hostess made us wait over 15 minutes for a table. When she took us inside to be seated, she took us to a table without chairs making us wait for her to grab some. The restaurant dining area was fairly open with plenty of open tables, so why we were seated at the only one without chairs is a mystery to me. Our waitress was very friendly and pleasant which made up a bit for the first bad impressions, but otherwise the entire experience was disappointing. We will not be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food, great service, amazing wine concept. Pay retail for wine bottles and only $8 corkage! We're used to 200-300% markup so this was a great find.Special Features:
- yummayDined on 9/2/2014Absolutely love this restaurant! This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Del Mar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!jules58Dined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed everything about this place. The service was perfection, the food outstanding and the ambience was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRompDined on 9/2/2014Hosted a friend's birthday lunch. The wine, food and service were fabulous as always.Special Features:
- Great Wine; Music, not so much....GoodEatsGoodWineHappyLifeDined on 8/31/2014Food is consistently good; Augusto the Sommelier is top notch, very knowledgeable and down to earth, super nice guy. The music played in the bar area is obnoxious - it's sorta "rave meets cougar town"...Special Features:
- Dinner for twoEnder08Dined on 8/30/2014Great date spot with all of the culinary prowess of a fine dining establishment without the need to dress-to-impress. Great atmosphere mixed with excellent service and eats, would recommend to anyone who wants to have a fun date night, dinner experience, or a great dinner experience in general. (The Octopus leg is an exceptionally nice treat)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was amazing. However, the noise level was ridiculous. I put "energetic" because there was no category for deafening. We could hardly hear the server or each other. In addition, I let the hostess know (twice) that we were celebrating a birthday. She said "We love birthdays" and assured me that she would tell our server. I don't know where the breakdown happened but there was no candle or scoop of ice cream or chantilly cream anywhere!! We understand that everyone is busy but the hostess' confidence and promise gave us the expectation that we could count on this.Special Features:
- cucina enotecaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very helpful service, high-class addition to out neighborhood. Love the 'airy' upstairs dining/bar and the downstairs community tables.Special Features:
- MamaDMamaDDined on 8/29/2014Cucina Enoteca never ceases to amaze! The speed of service is simply amazing, particularly considering how packed the restaurant is on weekend nights. The food is both beautiful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Group LunchBCdinerDined on 8/29/2014Thank you for welcoming our group. Wonderful service, food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Enoteca Del MarPattiMVIPDined on 8/28/2014We eat here all the time and the amazing thing is that the service and quality of the dishes have actually gotten better than the first time we ate here a year ago! The menu changes every once in a while so some of our favorites have been removed from the menu (i.e. the lamb orecchiette), but the new items are just as yummy. Our favorite apps are the octopus (super tender) and the lobster gnocchi neri. The kale caesar with shaved brussels is extra good with an egg on top as is the bucatini. We went for my son's 21st birthday on 1/2 price pizza night, but found it hard to stick to just pizza! This popular resto is not resting on it's laurels, we appreciate that they are still hustling to make the dining experience here a great one.Special Features:
- Highly Disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014I was eager to try Cucina Enoteca for several months and suggested to out-of-town friends that we meet there for dinner. I was embarrassed at the end for having suggested it! Decor is unique and trendy, but loud inside. Waiter brought out kids' meals early (didn't ask if we wanted this). For $11, kids got a tiny bowl of spaghetti with butter and a scoop of ice cream! All the kids were done in under 5 minutes and still hungry. He forgot our appetizer & brought the main course out. Hardly apologized. Ordered side of polenta instead, which was too rich to eat. The $28 fruti de mare was small with skin left on the fish (not even crispy skin). The short rib past was decent but again, very rich and small portioned. Won't return again!Special Features:
- Best for lunchZippyzopDined on 8/28/2014Maybe I am too old, but this place, while outstanding, is too loud and crazy for dinner. Perfect, however, for lunch. Highly recommend for a business lunch or getting together with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of potential!MadiDined on 8/27/2014I brought my mom here for a mother-daughter date night, and although the food was absolutely delicious, we know that we could have had a much more enjoyable experience, which is the only reason I gave 3 stars instead of 5. First of all, we had a reservation for 7:15, and when we arrived on time, they asked us to wait a couple minutes so they could prepare our table, which was completely reasonable/understandable. We proceeded to wait for fifteen minutes, while they continued to seat everyone who came in the restaurant after us, and it wasn't until I went back up to the hostess to remind her that we were still waiting that they finally seated us, after 730. The food was delicious, so we were bummed that it started off on the wrong foot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER AGAINluvtodineoutVIPDined on 8/26/2014Had a reservation and still waited 10 minutes to be seated. Waited another ten minutes for a waiter. Waited 25 minutes for the food. Waited 20 minutes for the cheque. Food was absolutely terrible! Noise level unacceptable. This is a wine bar pretending to have a restaurant.