Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: 8587044500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
354 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (221)hot spot (182)notable wine list (178)vibrant bar scene (155)good for groups (143)special occasion (141)neighborhood gem (132)great for lunch (97)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (42)late-night find (37)kid-friendly (37)great for brunch (35)scenic view (14)Show More
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Cucina Enoteca has been on my "must try" list for almost a year and I finally made it in this past weekend and they did not disappoint. The food was amazing. The menu is creative and is perfect for sharing lots of small plates so that you can sample a variety of dishes without breaking the bank. They also have an extensive wine selection with lots of great gems from Italy at reasonable prices. The service was top notch, including complimentary bubbly since we were celebrating our anniversary. As far as ambiance goes, our reservations were in the early evening so it was pretty quiet and mellow, but it was louder and becoming more of a social scene around the time we were leaving.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DininglunchfriendsDined on 9/11/2014We were treated to a free glass of champagne in honor of our wedding anniversary. That was a nice touch - which went along with the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner.Chirsty1Dined on 9/10/2014The food is amazing, if you can get a table. Try the shrimp pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Del Mar restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014My husband had dinner at this restaurant two nights in a row, we loved Cucina Enoteca so much. Outstanding food and wine and absolutely lovely wait staff--Victoria and Falou were kind, patient and helpful and made each of our evenings perfect and enjoyable. We have had a home in Del Mar for over 20 years and this is one of the best new restaurants to come to Del Mar in ages.Special Features:
- Disappointing RibeyeChocolateDined on 9/7/2014This happens to be one of the most expensive item on the menu, but it came with a lot of fat, non-chewable texture. It spoiled the whole dinner, where everything else was fine. The waitress did offer to take it back, but since we cut it into four pieces and share, even though everyone dislike it, we did not want the kitchen thinking we were taking advantage of them. Better be careful of this dish. Other than that, it is more than 3 stars rating for everything else.Special Features:
- What a menu!NancyVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is fantastic and the restaurant is filled with stylish people having a great time. It's quite a noisy place so talking is difficult. Our waiter had to shout the specials to us. He looked worn out because of it.Special Features:
- It was okay, nothing great.KSisnerosVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been to Cucina Urbana and it was way better then this one was. In my opinion food was okay but way over priced. The noise level was up there but we did go on a Saturday night...so our bad. My big complaint was service. The service was really slow. We kept asking for recommendations and we were getting wishing-washy answers. Just not what I expected after being to Urbana. The food was either blan or over seasoned not perfect.Special Features:
- Disappointedsls2VIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I are huge fans of Cucina Urbana so we decided to try Cucina Enoteca in Del Mar. We had reservations and arrived on time, but when we arrived at the restaurant the hostess made us wait over 15 minutes for a table. When she took us inside to be seated, she took us to a table without chairs making us wait for her to grab some. The restaurant dining area was fairly open with plenty of open tables, so why we were seated at the only one without chairs is a mystery to me. Our waitress was very friendly and pleasant which made up a bit for the first bad impressions, but otherwise the entire experience was disappointing. We will not be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food, great service, amazing wine concept. Pay retail for wine bottles and only $8 corkage! We're used to 200-300% markup so this was a great find.Special Features:
- yummayDined on 9/2/2014Absolutely love this restaurant! This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Del Mar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!jules58Dined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed everything about this place. The service was perfection, the food outstanding and the ambience was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRompDined on 9/2/2014Hosted a friend's birthday lunch. The wine, food and service were fabulous as always.Special Features:
- Great Wine; Music, not so much....GoodEatsGoodWineHappyLifeDined on 8/31/2014Food is consistently good; Augusto the Sommelier is top notch, very knowledgeable and down to earth, super nice guy. The music played in the bar area is obnoxious - it's sorta "rave meets cougar town"...Special Features:
- Dinner for twoEnder08Dined on 8/30/2014Great date spot with all of the culinary prowess of a fine dining establishment without the need to dress-to-impress. Great atmosphere mixed with excellent service and eats, would recommend to anyone who wants to have a fun date night, dinner experience, or a great dinner experience in general. (The Octopus leg is an exceptionally nice treat)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was amazing. However, the noise level was ridiculous. I put "energetic" because there was no category for deafening. We could hardly hear the server or each other. In addition, I let the hostess know (twice) that we were celebrating a birthday. She said "We love birthdays" and assured me that she would tell our server. I don't know where the breakdown happened but there was no candle or scoop of ice cream or chantilly cream anywhere!! We understand that everyone is busy but the hostess' confidence and promise gave us the expectation that we could count on this.Special Features:
- cucina enotecaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very helpful service, high-class addition to out neighborhood. Love the 'airy' upstairs dining/bar and the downstairs community tables.Special Features:
- MamaDMamaDDined on 8/29/2014Cucina Enoteca never ceases to amaze! The speed of service is simply amazing, particularly considering how packed the restaurant is on weekend nights. The food is both beautiful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Group LunchBCdinerDined on 8/29/2014Thank you for welcoming our group. Wonderful service, food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Enoteca Del MarPattiMVIPDined on 8/28/2014We eat here all the time and the amazing thing is that the service and quality of the dishes have actually gotten better than the first time we ate here a year ago! The menu changes every once in a while so some of our favorites have been removed from the menu (i.e. the lamb orecchiette), but the new items are just as yummy. Our favorite apps are the octopus (super tender) and the lobster gnocchi neri. The kale caesar with shaved brussels is extra good with an egg on top as is the bucatini. We went for my son's 21st birthday on 1/2 price pizza night, but found it hard to stick to just pizza! This popular resto is not resting on it's laurels, we appreciate that they are still hustling to make the dining experience here a great one.Special Features:
- Highly Disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014I was eager to try Cucina Enoteca for several months and suggested to out-of-town friends that we meet there for dinner. I was embarrassed at the end for having suggested it! Decor is unique and trendy, but loud inside. Waiter brought out kids' meals early (didn't ask if we wanted this). For $11, kids got a tiny bowl of spaghetti with butter and a scoop of ice cream! All the kids were done in under 5 minutes and still hungry. He forgot our appetizer & brought the main course out. Hardly apologized. Ordered side of polenta instead, which was too rich to eat. The $28 fruti de mare was small with skin left on the fish (not even crispy skin). The short rib past was decent but again, very rich and small portioned. Won't return again!Special Features:
- lots of potential!MadiDined on 8/27/2014I brought my mom here for a mother-daughter date night, and although the food was absolutely delicious, we know that we could have had a much more enjoyable experience, which is the only reason I gave 3 stars instead of 5. First of all, we had a reservation for 7:15, and when we arrived on time, they asked us to wait a couple minutes so they could prepare our table, which was completely reasonable/understandable. We proceeded to wait for fifteen minutes, while they continued to seat everyone who came in the restaurant after us, and it wasn't until I went back up to the hostess to remind her that we were still waiting that they finally seated us, after 730. The food was delicious, so we were bummed that it started off on the wrong foot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER AGAINluvtodineoutVIPDined on 8/26/2014Had a reservation and still waited 10 minutes to be seated. Waited another ten minutes for a waiter. Waited 25 minutes for the food. Waited 20 minutes for the cheque. Food was absolutely terrible! Noise level unacceptable. This is a wine bar pretending to have a restaurant.
- Just OKMrGreggDined on 8/26/2014This is my fourth or fifth time here and in brief, it's just OK. The foods are full of salt, and not full of natural flavors. I know the rent must be high, but you pay for that in the dishes. Ambiance is visual, but the volume is loud. If you are craving great Italian food, do not head in here expecting it. The service is great, and the staff is very attentitive.Special Features:
- DisappointedvegasviceVIPDined on 8/24/2014After reading the reviews for cucina enoteca I was looking forward to dining there. I like the decor of the restaurant but the service and food is mediocre at best. Based on the reviews on open table we ordered the polenta board which was polenta with short ribs and pork belly. In reality, the dish had very little,if any, pork belly. The short rib was good but not great. The table also shared the salumi and cheese platter which had a generous portion of prosciutto but only about an ounce of Gouda cheese. Not a great value for the price. The rack of lamb entree was bereft of seasoning or sauce and was mediocre at best. Service was ok, although the small water glasses provided stayed unfilled longer than they should. Don't think I will returnSpecial Features:
- Not so Hot in Del MarSJUTVDined on 8/24/2014I must say that if you go on the right night this restaurant can be epic... That said don't go on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.
- Great food as always...KazsezDined on 8/24/2014So I love this restaurant...the food, decor, staff, ambiance etc., but I took a friend here recently and chose the open plan seating area upstairs for a Sunday brunch relaxed feel and because we've dined upstairs twice for brunch and loved it. The food was excellent as usual, but it was windy and chilly and the server said he had no way to mitigate the problem. He did say we could move downstairs, but that wasn't the brunch vibe we wanted. We braved our way through, but had to weigh down the place mats etc. with water glasses. Love this place but don't forget a wrap just in case it's breezy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My fiancee and I came to C Enoteca on Saturday night for my bday. I made reservations for the both of us on Tuesday at 8:30 PM. When we arrived, we were told we had to wait 15 minutes because a party who had our table was still there. My Fiancee and didn't really care at first as 15 minutes seemed like a short amount of time but we were still shocked as we had a reservation. We just walked around the plaza but we started to get upset because we weren't called for our table until 30 MINUTES later. As we showed up to the front desk where the hostess was, I acknowledged them that we were upset but one of the girls became defensive and said that they couldn't control the party not leaving and that they cant control reservations by a computer.
- WonderfulkatmooreDined on 8/23/2014I was very impressed! I have a hearing problem and the staff set up a special table outside on the upstairs deck for us. What a lovely night under the stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Farm to TableJenHDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a very satisfying dinner at Cucina Enoteca. Our meal was composed of few appetizers and dessert. In particular, we enjoyed the herbed ricotta stuffed squash blossom appetizer, but we also really liked our kale caesar salad, cherry tomato vasi, and daily crudo of hamachi and artichoke. We shared the zeppole and the chocolate torte for dessert and they were a great finish to a lovely meal. Service was attentive but never obtrusive and the ambience was a delightful mix of industrial farm house/European alfresco. I have been to the sister restaurant, downtown SD's Cucina Urbana, a few times and I will definitely be back to Cucina Enoteca and I'm really happy to have this North County restaurant close to my home.Special Features:
- Cucina Urbana but in North Countylclee70Dined on 8/22/2014Cucina Urbana is one of my favorite restaurants in SD, so I was thrilled to see them open a new location in North County. All my favorites still there on the menu: stuffed squash blossoms, polenta with daily ragu, short rib papardelle. I only give it 4 star though this time because one of the sides was served cold instead of warm-to-hot. Waiter immediately rectified the situation, but was the only time that I'd ever been served anything less than stellar at any Cucina restaurant. But everything else was delicious and definitely on the usual Cucina standard. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great spotWaltelierDined on 8/20/2014A complete restaurant, from beginning to end. The service, attentive, the food, well thought out, the atmosphere, casual and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Love it!!!A real fun place etc. I go at least once a week. You not only get ambiance and great innovative food, great service but it is also reasonably price.Special Features:
- AwesomeUp2urearsDined on 8/18/2014Sara was a great server. Food was great. Too many good options to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food great - view not somcschnoodles03Dined on 8/16/2014The food was absolutely fabulous in this restaurant. The seating plan was spacious but the view of McDonalds and Milton's cafe took from the ambiance. They should have at least considered opaque glass/shades/partial views for this location. Our server was terrible. She had a sloppy pour and every time she refilled our glasses she spilled/splashed wine on the table. She was not engaging or polite and it took away from the whole experience.Special Features:
- Great customer experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Friday night was a little hectic there but their employees gave my husband and I one of our nicest dinner out date nights in a long time. The manager gave us a terrific wine recommendation, server was cheerful and helpful and the food was delicious. No rushed feeling and nice warm environment!Special Features:
- Continues to ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014We keep bringing different friends, and they all love it as much as we do. The polenta board is a must, and I adore the sweet pea hummus. We have not tried anything that we have not thought was outstanding. The wine list is fun, and the prices are incredible. It is a great place to explore all of the Italian varieties that you have heard about.Special Features:
- We Will be Back!GailCVIPDined on 8/14/2014This was a perfect place to meet for lunch! Great service--Nadia was really helpful in guiding us through the menu. It was our first time and we appreciated her suggestions! The food was delicious--fresh salads, fantastic bread with many delicious toppings-- The flourless chocolate torte was beautiful and will be a repeat for our next visit! The upstairs is worth the visit-- Fun decor!Special Features:
- vibrant but too noisyPowayfoodieDined on 8/13/2014group of 6 and the place was so loud even on a Wednesday evening that it was hard to hear everyone at our table. The short rib Pappardelle pasta was excellent, pizza ( 1 fig & 1 prosciutto) was good but overall the food was pricey for what it is. Same with the desserts (Potato Zeppole and Blondie).Special Features:
- Good and badEdibleDined on 8/9/2014We had a reservation at 845 and weren't seated til 915. The food was great once we were finally served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatery in Del Mar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We love this restaurant. The food is unusual and very good, with a great variety. The brussel sprouts and cauliflower side dishes are incredible. Service and look of the restaurant are great. The only complaint we have is that the noise level is a little loud -- a bit difficult for a conversation...but otherwise, a top choice. Also, prices were manageable.Special Features: