Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinaenoteca.com/
- Phone: (858) 704-4500
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joe Magnanelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: URBAN KITCHEN CATERING provides four star, stunning events with menus unique to your occasion. For more information check the URBAN KITCHEN CATERING link on our website www.urbankitchengroup.com or call Alison Cupper at 619.239.2222 extension 2.
A word from Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar
Say hello to the sister restaurant of San Diego’s award winning CUCINA urbana! CUCINA enoteca’s menu features Italian classics with a modern twist, traditionally coursed or served family-style, and made with the freshest local, organic and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Cucina Enoteca - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (216)notable wine list (171)hot spot (160)vibrant bar scene (151)good for groups (141)neighborhood gem (116)special occasion (109)great for lunch (78)romantic (60)great for outdoor dining (36)great for brunch (27)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (22)scenic view (10)Show More
- Tastebuds where thrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014The food, seriously made my tastebuds happy. Such unique and yummy flavors. Would highly recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I simply love this restaurantginaDined on 11/19/2014Great Food and I love the décor. Our server Victoria was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smeredithsVIPDined on 11/19/2014We (group of 5) were there on a Wednesday night and it was pretty crowded (i.e. loud). We hadn't seen each other in awhile and were eager to catch up, but the noise level was not conducive to this. I will return for a 1:1 visit, but not a group. Food was good, service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Enoteca never disappoints!foodie21Dined on 11/18/2014Love the ambiance. The wait staff is always very friendly and knowledgable - offering great food recommendations. The food is amazing - flavorful! This place is great for "girls nights", date night and any special occasion. I am never disappointed after a night out at Cucina Enoteca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend sitting at the bar and ordering apps.RevDaveVIPDined on 11/16/2014I asked for my pizza to be well cooked. I like a crispy crust and this was not. I ordered the sausage and fennel with pepperoni which would have been great until you add those sweet peppers to it. The peppers ruined the pizza. My wife's pasta dish was over salted.Special Features:
- Fun, vibrant atmosphere!WaldoDined on 11/16/2014Love this restaurant! It's our 1st choice whenever the whole family is in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!foodnwineatthebeachDined on 11/15/2014Busy venue with the staff doing an excellent job with service (i.e. selection on a bottle of wine while our group waited, letting us know when our table would be ready, attentive service at the table, knowledgeable staff on wine & food, etc. ) Hands down the favorite at our table was the pork osso bucco...amazing. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!!!SherlockVIPDined on 11/12/2014Well back again to my favorite restaurant. Time and again the food as well as the great service makes for a delightful evening away from home!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmfoodiedmfoodie1VIPDined on 11/11/2014We have been to Cucina Enoteca many times for dinner, this time we had lunch which was excellent. We were given a complimentary squash blossom which was excellent. Service was excellent as usual. Enjoyed the more laid back lunch vibe.Special Features:
- Cucina Enoteca delicious every timeJanielVIPDined on 11/8/2014Try the meatball appetizer! I love love love the beet salad, the Kale Caesar salad, and Jidori Chicken. The pappardelle was truly enjoyed by my authentically Italian husband. Great wines and good prices there too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kisfanVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great wine selection. Unfortunately, the noise level is so loud that it's hard to carry on a conversation. Food was so so. Good fries (without truffle oil). I wouldn't recommend the chopped farmers salad....boring and they loaded it with frisee which wasn't on the menu.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceServiceAbominableVIPDined on 11/8/2014While I have been to Cucina Enoteca many times since they opened and have not written a review, after my experience this time I wanted to express some opinion. Typically the food has been good and value fine. The service has been average in the past and they do not seem to train people well or have very good service help. This last visit the service was truly horrific, from the minute we go to the reception to the time we left. The reception people were rude and very difficult as if they were doing us a favor to seat us even though we had a reservation. The waiter seemed like it was his first day and had no idea how to manage things. We had to ask for everything. The manager came to apologize but his only excuse was they are busy.
- "Meet" MarketBB4uDined on 11/7/2014Very loud, not very friendly staff, clearly more concerned with serving alcohol to the pretty people than with serving good food. Tried to seat us at worst table in the house (regretfully common experience when using Open Table), then underwhelmed across the board. Go only if a single looking for companionship, as bar packed with hundreds of that type.Special Features:
- luvcucinasLuvcucinasDined on 11/7/2014Had another great experience and this was to celebrate my birthday with my husband. All went very well. Including...we had to bring our dog to stay in the car...and when parking with valet...he kindly said he would bring water and take good care of her. She was great and not stressed. It was a cool evening and the valet left the windows down a bit and she was very happy. Not your usual "recommendation" but was so great for us this time with a birthday to celebrate. Not wanting the valet to become a "dog sitter" as it would be impossible with the popularity of the restaurant!Special Features:
- exciting - vibrant - fun!!RondelmarDined on 11/6/2014We had a great time. Food was excellent and the bar scene was intoxicating!!Special Features:
- Great food, wine, and funSoCalEnthuVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is a great place for a dinner with family and friends. We enjoy sharing the Vasi appetizers and there is a wide variety of entrees to satisfy everyone in your party. Love the pizza, short rib pappardelle, chestnut-filled agnolotti, etc. There is an attached wine shop, so the wine list is extensive and very reasonably priced - you only pay corkage.Special Features:
- Don't you hate it when.....BrianSanDiegoDined on 11/2/2014.......you return to a place to eat and they CHANGE THE MENU on you! Their frutti di mare | market fish + black mussel + squid + bouillabaisse, is no longer available for lunch/brunch. However, when I viewed the menu for the Del Mar location on line, both copies have the dish clearly listed from their web site. So after viewing the current menu on site, up and down 5+ times, we ordered 2 of the grilled octopus for both of us and two pasta dishes, short rib pappardelle, and bucatini. The octopus changes every time I show up, Used to be a whole tentacle, now they dice it with totally different toppings from a pict I took May2014. Portion is smaller than before. Their short rib pappardelle and bucatini, I can make real easy in the home.
- Found the evening one to remember!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Never disappointed. Our waitress and the staff were outstanding. Every food item ordered was delicious. Look forward to enjoying another meal sometime soon.Special Features:
- Phone for a ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014I have dined here before and thought the ambiance was fantastic. However the ambiance of this experience was "fair" due to the occasion and where we were seated. I had noted in the reservation that we were dining for an anniversary, and the table we were sat at was less than ideal for a romantic date night out. We were in a long row of tables with several large and noisy groups, half of our table faced the bar section of the restaurant which was nice and the other half faced a McDonalds parking lot and some other un-attractive businesses. So my husband looked onto florescent lights and a busy street. If I were to book again I would call rather than booking online to request a nicer table, especially for this sort of celebration.Special Features:
- mostly great flavors, too crowdedvivgoodDined on 11/1/2014the squash flowers were "meh", not bad, just flavorless. The gnocchi was excellent, spicy and perfectly done. orecchiette and a pizza- pasta perfectly cooked, and the lemon was wonderful, not overwhelming, but the sausage was undercooked and too big. pizza was excellent- crust was light and thin, but dense and chewy, the sausage was perfect. service was outstanding, we never had to wait for anything but never felt bothered. biggest negative was the crowd and the too-close seating. It was hard to hear each other speak, and the people sitting at the tables to our left and right had to practically sit on our table to get in and out. Most people need more room just to maneuver between tables. LOVED the plastic horses.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/31/2014Great restaurant -- but every time that I have reserved a table through Open Table, they either cancel it or mark it as though I haven't shown up. Not sure what the issue is -- but probably just because they are always SO busy when we are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's alright.MollyDined on 10/30/2014It's not bad for sures. Out of the four of us, think only I really enjoyed my pasta dish, the orecchiette. The shrimp puttanesca was no better than other restaurants and our European friend did not like his risotto. Desserts were creative enough to order but not to die for. I would go back as a neighborhood restaurant especially for lunch or when it's less noisy but wouldn't go out of my way. The decor is kitschy cool. The place seems more happening than for a foodie with a discerning palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed PatronTinkerbellDined on 10/26/2014In simple terms I found the cost in no way equalled the experience - high cost, fair experience. The appetizers were tasty, the pizza cool and thick rather than hot and thin crusted and for the price we could have gotten a much better meal elsewhere.
- Wonderful dinneryumsnmytumsDined on 10/24/2014The food was excellent! We started with some cheese and wine pairing which was phenomenal. And the main course was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014The kale caesar salad, zucchini blossoms, and fig/lemon cake were incredible! Our server overheard that it was my husband's birthday and brought him the fig/lemon cake as a birthday treat. Really nice! We also like the way they just add a corkage fee to the regular wine price. We can drink really good wine with our meal without being ripped off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service and food in SDfecalsneezeDined on 10/21/2014The service at Cucina Enoteca is some of the best I have ever experienced and the food is equally as good.Special Features:
- leeGVIPDined on 10/21/2014The foood is good and the noise level is terrible at this rstaurantSpecial Features:
- Great Local PlaceFountainFoxCooperVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food and atmosphere. Pork Belly was tasty and the hamachi crudo was excellent. Always enjoy their margarita pizza and the lobster with gnocchi and fresh pea foam, but the pumpkin panna cotta for desert was weak.
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014I've been Cucina Enoteca three or four times now. All of my prior experiences were great and very consistent. This last time however was a little different. Our server seemed less than thrilled to be working. She was not very attentive, seemed very impatient with us, and was a little bit on the snooty side. This made our dining experience much less pleasant. I hope this was a single isolated event and not the norm.Special Features:
- MayzDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is our new addiction. I love the Polenta board and the stuffed zucchini flowers and the Octopus appetizers. You can't go wrong. the wines are of excellent value.Special Features:
- One Word!!SherlockVIPDined on 10/17/2014Just GREAT!!!! The food and service were beyond compare. We have been back at least 5 times this year, and love it every time we visit!!!Special Features:
- Upstairs Patio Dining is Nice13platesVIPDined on 10/17/2014The breeze complimented our lunch time ambiance. The dining area upstairs is open air, cozy with cushioned chairs and benches, plants hanging and colorful. We sat at the bar, served by a wonderful young man, who was friendly and helpful. He fixed a cocktail to our recipe without a problem. The food is always good at Cucina. We have not had anything uncomplimentary. The people are pleasant and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not living up to the hypeFoodistaDined on 10/14/2014Very cool ambiance. Service started out slow then picked up. Menu is uninspired and limited and food was heavy greasy and salty from entrees to pizzas to appetizers. Wine list is good. Lavender lemonade bitingly tart and too strong. Basically the food just isn't good enough for a return visit. We've been there 3 times to date. I don't understand the crowds.Special Features:
- something for everyoneloveredsDined on 10/13/2014Extensive choices of food/wine. Lots of creative dishes that I haven't found elsewhere. Many offerings are fine for sharing at the table so "grazing" is easy. BTW, 4 stars is high praise from me because I reserve a 5 for absolute perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too loudhikerDined on 10/12/2014We went for my wife's birthday. We sat in the room toward the west downstairs. The ambient noise was very high and it was challenging to have a regular conversation. The food was very interesting and tasty. My wife really enjoyed her calamari and stuffed zucchini flowers. I had the chicken which was well prepared. We had the rum tiramisu for dessert, but could not taste any rum. No recognition of my wife's birthday, even though I had indicated it on the reservation and they had asked when they called to confirm. Overall, I would go back to the bar but not the restaurant.Special Features:
- Love this place!JenRoVIPDined on 10/12/2014I've dined here for brunch and dinner, and I'm never disappointed. The food is always amazing! The wait staff is great! Definitely recommend making a reservation, as it can get very crowded, but it's worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth checking outOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2014crowded, loud, long wait AND WORTH IT! Excellent menu and delicious food. The bar is big and energetic, great drinks and appetizers. Lots of fun, but be prepared to wait, and good luck finding a table at the bar before hand. But still WORTH IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceanddelicious foodGimmeSomeSpiceDined on 10/10/2014In short, this place had high expectations and delivered hi marks, it will be recommended and revisited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try stuffed zucchini blossoms!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/8/2014The stuffed zucchini blossoms are to die for - we get them every time we go. Today's soup, kabocha squash with star anise was absolutely PERFECT. My friend's pizza was beautiful and delicious. The only let down was the grilled zucchini pane - a bit skimpy on the filling and not much flavor, except for the chili flakes on the bread which about took my head off with the heat! And why did they take the "coffee and donuts" off the dessert menu?!?!? That was one of the best things ever! All in all though, CE is a great place for those who appreciate good food in a cool atmosphere. It's not fancy, it's fun, and the servers are quite good.Special Features:
- Best FoodurevwVIPDined on 10/5/2014It's the best food I've ever had. Friends come from out of town just to go there with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.