Cucina di Pesce
87 E. 4th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina di Pesce
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cucinadipesce.com/
- Phone: 2122606800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are looking for a casual Italian dining experience for a few or for a large party, we invite you to celebrate your event at Cucina di Pesce. Our staff will provide you with the perfect dining experience to enjoy a blend of authentic Italian cuisine in a relaxed, casual atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Mehenni Zebentout 2122606800
A word from Cucina di Pesce
Cucina di Pesce is the type of comfortably lived-in Italian restaurant that local New Yorkers love. Our focus on seafood has turned this city of foodies upside-down. Our flavors are absolutely contemporary. We pride ourselves on offering both the best service and freshest ingredients in Manhattan on a budget! From the pasta to our enormous spinach ravioli to succulent sun dried tomato fusili – our plates seduce the tastebuds of even the most well versed critic. Our seafood lives up to its reputation: sea scallops, scampi, salmon and much more are delivered on a daily basis. Stop by to enjoy unlimited mussels at our weekday happy hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina di Pesce reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (15)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointmentFelicedollVIPDined on 10/18/2014With so many great restaurants in the East Village, I was unlucky enough to choose this one! The restaurant misses the mark trying to go for a rustic Italian decor. The chairs are uncomfortable, lihting too bright, and the tables are too small. The real miss though, is the food! I ordered the eggplant lasagna which came out cold and the marinara sauce appeared to be poured from a jar. My boyfriend's fish was flat and overcooked. Wines by the glass are cheap table wines poured in Grandma's wine glasses. Waste of time and money.Special Features:
- Like coming homeonefishtwofishDined on 10/13/2014Sometimes in a city of culinary delights you just want good comforting food. Cucina di Pesce fits the bill. It has not changed since our last visit years ago - good Italian standards and seafood at friendly prices. We especially enjoyed the roasted eggplant appetizer with a generous portion of creamy goat cheese and roasted peppers and the vegetable stuffed mushroom appetizer - lighter than the usual sausage stuffed variation. The cioppino had a wonderful spicy broth but I would have preferred meatier mussels. Service was very good - knowledgable, friendly, professional.Special Features:
- DelicioussoutherngalDined on 10/10/2014Cucina di Pesce was delicious and I totally recommend it to anyone. However, the only downfall of the restaurant is that it only accepts american express and cash.Special Features:
- Excellent for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014My friends and I held a dinner here for a total of 16 people. The staff could not have been friendlier, from our phone calls confirming and changing the reservation, to the welcome to the restaurant, and throughout the entirety of our meal. The food was excellent, especially the pumpkin ravioli, chicken parmigiana, broccoli, and shrimp scampi. Service was outstanding and the group couldn't have been happier. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- RevisitsunnyVIPDined on 9/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our re-visit. Food, service, ambiance contribute to a lovely evening.Special Features:
- OkayBarbDined on 9/20/2014I last visited Cucina di Pesce several years ago when reservations were not accepted. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to make a reservation and we were seated right away. The service was good but alas, the food was not as good as I remembered. My vegetarian lasagna had a few mushrooms and a couple of small pieces of zucchini. The sauce was thin and too salty. My husband's meat lasagna was okay but not memorable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/14/2014friendly staff, good service, good food (except I felt my pasta was a little too al dente otherwise - really liked the appetizers, entree, and dessert), outdoor dining optionSpecial Features:
- Date Night Perfectionshy91Dined on 9/13/2014Waiters were friendly and helpful. The food was timely and delicious. Everything was on point! Strongly recommend it for a date nightSpecial Features:
- Not a real Italian restaurantmatt81NYCDined on 9/6/2014Food is ok, and service is kind of strange since they pretend to be Italian, with a Eastern Europe accent...Special Features:
- Very disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We were unable to eat at Cucina di Pesce because they ONLY TAKE AMERICAN EXPRESS! They do not take any other credit cards and not one of us has an American Express card! Never have we had this experience before! They should note on their web-site that only American Express is accepted.
- A Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We were disappointed that the garden was closed that evening but the front porch turned out to be intimate & a wonderful opportunity for people watching. We sat outside but the inside dinning area was very pretty with a cozy old world atmosphere .Interesting menu. My boyfriend who is mostly a meat eater couldn't resist the seafood lasagna. He did have the toasted meat ravioli for an appetizer as he had never had it before. I had mozzarella & tomato & the seafood fettuccine in a light cream sauce. Everything was very good. Portions were on the small side if you are a big eater but well priced. My boyfriend said that he would order an extra appetizer next time. Staff were friendly & attentiveSpecial Features:
- The service makes itJennlVIPDined on 7/23/2014If you are an Italian restaurant in NYC, you got a lot of competition. What made this place special was the service. Our waiter was just a delight. So pleasant, without being cloying, it would have been difficult not to have had a nice time. Of course good food is necessary, and they had that covered. If you like beets, try the beet salad. And good luck trying to decide what you want from the dessert tray. Many many winning choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and decently priced.LoriVIPDined on 7/19/2014Needed a place last minute to take the family (included two kids under 12 years old). This place was great. They were very accommodating in preparing food for the fussy eaters at the table. Lots of choices on the menu, everything was fresh, and the service was very good. They sat us outside which is always good for people watching.Special Features:
- Web illusionsdogma505VIPDined on 7/18/2014What appeared to look like a promising place based on their website the restaurant was disappointing. While the food and service was good the ambiance was terrible. The place clearly has a history but once there you don't get the feel for this at all. What was most distracting was the horrible bathroom blue/green walls of the place which was just plain uninviting. Addtionally the room we sat in had a bathroom cleaner smell. It is a shame as this place with the right management and some new paint could be so much more. Would not go back.
- suited us perfectlySmallpebblesDined on 7/16/2014We were looking for a place to dine prior to seeing Blue Man Group with the grandkids. This was only a couple of blocks away. It was a nice refuge after a busy day on the streets and in museums. We got there about 6 pm and found the place quite empty at that point but cool and welcoming. There was a nice selection of Italian offerings and our grandson said the seafood lasagna was the best lasagna he'd ever eaten! The service was excellent and very friendly.Special Features:
- July 4thNancyDVIPDined on 7/4/2014We ate at this East Village gem while visiting NYC over July 4th weekend. I went with the recommendation of our waiter, the fresh catch of the day, others enjoyed the chicken parmesan, kids liked the black ink seafood linguini and scampi. Everyone in our party (4 adults & 5 kids) was pleased with their meal. Nice quiet, covered outdoor dining area and thumping music in intimate interior space. Our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 6/29/2014The calamari was among the worst I've had , the Veal Parmagiana was mediocre at best . The server was negligent and not available much of the time . The cocktails were good . An all around disappointment . Very reasonable prices is what brings them in , but it seems one must pay more for quality , especially in Manhattan .Special Features:
- i love this place!jenwinterDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful restaurant with really romantic charming ambiance.-color washed walls & antique mirrors & art. My favorite mob hangout in the east village! In the 1920's-30's it was a casino run by Lucky Luciano (born & raised on E.10th) & later became the mob social club called the Stage Bar run by Vincent Ciraulo aka "Jimmy Second Ave." of the Genovese family.)Special Features:
- The following 177 reviews are from the Cucina di Pesce reviews archive.
- East Village GemAnnieVIPDined on 6/22/2014We loved Cucina di Pesce. The food and service were very good, the restaurant is charming. The night we were there was the night of the US vs Portugal World Cup game and the bars around this restaurant were packed; the restaurant was uncharacteristically quiet. The TV at the bar was on but quietly and we were happy about that. It was a birthday celebration and we were happy to be able to some conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014perfect for moderate priced dining in the area -- nothing special but solid! And the service was wonderful!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood and wonderful serviceJulietcentslessDined on 6/8/2014I took my father here to eat and we enjoyed eating at one if their sidewalk tables, which is covered and comfortable. Service was excellent- many times eating outside I find myself looking for the server but this never happened once. My father ordered the trout and he is picky, specifically about seafood and said it was very fresh and creatively prepared. My pasta was excellent, cream sauce was light and just enough to be flavorful. Note that they only take Amex or cash :) will be returning againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/4/2014Was not great Italian food. Staff was good, restaurant is pleasant but the food was disappointing. Not much seafood to choose from. Restaurant was pretty emptySpecial Features:
- 29th Birthday was great!StormyPerezDined on 5/10/2014I enjoyed Cucina di Pesce a lot and so did my friends. We had an intimate dinner among friends in honor of my birthday and all left very happy. Our waiter was not only cute but also very attentive and really knows how to sing a good "happy birthday" song. The food was delicious, I had the special (mixed seafood.) We shared the clams & calamari (wasn't what I expected--could use a little sprucing.) appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!MJD7VIPDined on 5/9/2014I love this place. I just recently discovered it when I was planning a trip to the nearby New York Theatre Workshop. They have a mojito that is brilliant. And their seafood lasagne is beyond delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. Plus you get 15% off if you go to NYTW. Go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Italian FarehappynycDined on 5/3/2014Have been going to this restaurant for decades. While the prices have increased, the food is always good. Fried calamari is light and tasty. Spicy hummus they serve with bread is delicious. The rest of my family always orders lasagna and they are never disappointed. Whole branzino is also terrific as are mussels and grilled calamari. House wines were not to our liking, so better to select something from the list. Deserts are not my thing but the cheesecake I tried was wonderful and our teenagers enjoyed a variety of selections.Special Features:
- Fish FindTGsViewDined on 5/3/2014Perfect restaurant to experience a wide range of mid-priced menu items, professional service and great tasting pasta and exceptionally prepared fish. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Claasic NY ExperienceBrooklynMikeDined on 4/25/2014We asked for a quiet table so we could speak and were led through the kitchen to a back room with a wonderful skylight view and a perfectly classic setting. The food was fine and the service was great It was a nice experience and I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and pricingVermontersDined on 4/22/2014The abundance and quality of food was amazing. We thought they made a mistake on the menu prices since they were 30-50% below other places ….plan on passing the word around and going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality has gone down hillKimmDined on 4/19/2014I went to Cucina de Pesce twice this weekend. The first night I ordered the clams and spaghetti which had a horrible taste and I could only take a few bites. The second night I had the spinach ravioli. The ravioli was very good, and tasted homemade, but they sat in a water puddle which was suppose to be the tomato sauce. The service was fine but the food well below par. A bit disappointed, this always was a favorite of mine.Special Features:
- A true NYC findLucky4visitorDined on 4/17/2014Found it via an app and never regretted the experience. Took a long time friend there for dinner and we left as loversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very attentive staff. reasonablesylviaDined on 4/10/2014very attentive staff. reasonable prices. loved it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Quiet. Flavors were either too strong or too bland. I don't recall an in between.
- We were a party for 6.TherenancyDined on 4/4/2014We were a party for 6.There were 4 great meals and 2 not. The mussels, calm linguini, mushroom ravioli, lasagna , were fantastic and properly cooked. The chicken and veal scallopini were tough and way over cooked. I would still go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably GoodEastVillageDinerDined on 3/31/2014I've been dining at Cucina di Pesci since about 1990 and have always been impressed by they're quality food and good service at an affordable price. The ambiance is fit for both a comfortable spot for a nice casual meal, and also for a special occasion or celebration. My fiancee and I were very pleased with their 28th Anniversary special menu. Good stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was hoping forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2014I went here to check this restaurant out for potential birthday party location. Unfortunately it's not the one I chose. The waiter was somewhat attentive and brought out food and drinks appropriately. But when it came came to pay the check first of all they only accept cash and American Express. Then upon him telling us that it was a $65 check we gave him $80 of cash. And he never returned with change and it was the end of the night so everyone suddenly disappeared. We ended up just leaving, giving them the $15 tip and going home. The food was mediocre, pretty standard Italian food. And the drinks seem to be a bit watered-down. Although the decor is really nice and I really wanted to like the restaurant I don't think I'll be returning.
- EnjoyablewocaplelVIPDined on 3/26/2014We eat here when in the neighborhood. The food is good and so is the service. It can get noisy and crowded on weekend nights which isn't a bad thing either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a quiet date night!LaurenDined on 3/25/2014Really cute little restaurant. Calamari was really good. So was the spinach ravioli. Definitely recommend for a quiet date night.Special Features:
- I was so looking forward toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/25/2014I was so looking forward to going to this restaurant after what I read in reviews and was grossly disappointed. Yes...if you want an inexpensive meal-go there their early bird special but not for a great meal. It was mediocre. The waiter rushed us for our order for no apparent reason and make a mistake on our order-ok....it happens but the "non" crispy calamari was barely cooked; the stuffed flounder hardly had any shrimp or crabmeat and the food was just thrown on the table. Again, go there if you just want an inexpensive average meal. We did not get dessert.
- Great ServiceGeegDined on 3/22/2014My second time here. We had the same waiter who was great before and we where happy to see him again. Was a date night for my husband and I. The staff is so nice and polite from the manager bartender waiter and even bus boy. We cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina di Pesce 28th AnniversaryduvaDined on 3/22/2014My first experience with CdP was 22 years ago and I have to say that Saturday night was as great an experience as that night and every time I had returned there over the years. Rolling back the menu prices to 1986 made it that much more enjoyable. The place was packed and the main dining room was packed and a little too warm for me and my party but we sat at a table in the other room next to bar as I had requested in my reservation. I plan on returning real soon. I'm even contemplating next Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.