216 US Highway 46
Fairfield, NJ 07004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cucinacalandra.com/
- Phone: 9735757720
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 4:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: until 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Costantino Cammarano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquet rooms available for weddings and parties up to 200 people.
- Entertainment: We are pleased to present entertainment in the Executive Lounge on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Contemporary piano and duos singing past and present favorites.
A word from Cucina Calandra
Modeled after a Courtyard Villa in Southern Italy, Cucina Calandra is a family-friendly restaurant featuring a menu emphasizing southern Italian cooking. Cucina Calandra emphasizes pastas, thin crust pizza and dry-aged steaks prepared over an open wood mesquite grill, custom-made especially for Cucina Calandra. Our Chef Henry the Pizza Man is here to entertain the children and adults too with his skills at making a pizza or flatbread while you watch. The Calandra Family has enjoyed providing generations of families and friends, including yours, with our famous baked products. The Calandras look forward to providing outstanding service to you and your families at Cucina Calandra.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina Calandra reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- One of our favorite places in townFallBaseballDined on 8/8/2014We love all Calandra's establishments . . . Bakery and restaurants consistently provide excellent service and fresh food. Tonight's service was exceptional . . . fast, courteous, and efficient.Special Features:
- Chef Henry is amazing!KellyKDined on 8/8/2014Cucina Calandra does not only have delicious food, but they also offer entertainment via Chef Henry for your children. Chef Henry is friendly and interacts with the children while he makes pizzas!This enables the parents to enjoy a glass of wine and great food!Special Features:
- Summer funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Very nice evening to dine outdoors. The food is always consistently good with a large selection of specials and old favorites. Love the cheese bread and olives. Good service.Special Features:
- good pastafoodienancyDined on 7/5/2014Always enjoy the homemade pasta dishes. The portions are large -- often have doggy bags. Like the complimentary cheese-stuffed bread and olives. Service is always good. Bread to take home as you leave a nice touch.Special Features:
- Italian with a bit of classRepeatDinerDined on 6/23/2014This is my go-to place when having a business lunch. The selection is ample and the bread is divine! And you even get to take a fresh-baked loaf home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014We sat outside, which was nice, but the tables were not set up. The tables and chairs were scattered. It seemed like the waiters were not only for the outdoor dining, but they had to cover inside tables also and that meant there was a lack of attention to the outside tables.Special Features:
- Great FoodJackieDined on 6/5/2014I knew the ambiance was great but the food is also delightful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2014Good Italian food served in a pleasant environment. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Good food, good service.DanielVIPDined on 5/26/2014It's our family's first time dining here, and we loved it. Great food and great service. There are tons of things to choose from the menu. We've tried the calamari and mixed green salad as starters; then we tried the margherita pizza, seafood angelhair and risotto as entry. All were delicious!Special Features:
- Family Favoritejmb1977VIPDined on 5/17/2014Tuesdays are 1/2 price pasta and 1/2 price bottles of wine. Henry the pizza chef makes pizza for the kids while they watch, shaped as Mickey Mouse, Sponge Bob, or a peace sign. We are regularsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Cucina Calandra reviews archive.
- Great for large groupsLetseatVIPDined on 5/4/2014We took our mom there for her birthday but had no idea that the room was going to be packed with communion parties, bridal shower, anniversary party. Long tables with a miniumm of 15 people at each table. We were just a small table of 6 adults. I will say the service was very good in spite of all these large groups and their food is ok but we would have rather gone to a quieter restaurant. I feel when you make the reservation they should tell you that this will be the situation on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most reliable restaurantNJTomVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our local, go-to restaurant. Have never been disappointed. Very flexible to prepare food the way you wantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always !KarenDined on 3/11/2014We really enjoyed everything we ate at cucchina calandra last nite. The pasta that everyone had was really delicious. Great uh especially on tuesday during the discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findCJDinersDined on 3/8/2014Was looking for something casual, light dinner. Very good menu, diverse and everything was good and plentiful. Would definitely recommend to friends and anyone in the area. I could never figure out why, as soon as we're seated, wait staff asks if we want a drink. Please give a moment to get comfortable, look at wine list, etc on menu. This happens at many places..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveMammamiaDined on 3/1/2014We chose this place because of a recommendation through a gift card gift. It was exceptional from entry to exit. It was at full capacity and was still able to carry on conversation in a quiet atmosphere. Food choices were many and excellent in presentation to flavor. Server, Charlie was very kind and exhibited excellent serving skills as well as customer satisfaction. A great place in a very good area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceErinDined on 2/16/2014The service was awful. Once we were seated, it took a waiter over 10 minutes to even approach our table. Then we ordered and when our salads came we still had no silverware or napkins. It took us another 10 minutes to get someone to bring us silverware. I have eaten at Cucina Calandra several times before and have never had such a horrendous experience. Let's just say that I will not be going back there any time soon.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsBrucieKDined on 1/25/2014I have been to the restaurant many times with business assiciates and have enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. This time with went with friends we hadn't seen in a long time. We sat at table in the back corner which was perfect so we could talk. The waiter was very good and he was very attentive to us. The food was very good. It came out hot and the portions was very ample and tasted very good. The restaurant let us talk and we actually closed the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bread was stale and tough,KosherchefVIPDined on 1/6/2014The bread was stale and tough, appeared to have been rewarded. The meatball appetizer was good, however, the meatballs were hot and the sauce was cold. The dressing on the Caesar salad came out of a bottle. The chicken parmigiana had a strange flavor and the lasagna that the waiter said had been just made tasted like it was left over. Very disappointing.
- Love their cheese bread and olivesglad2eatoutVIPDined on 12/28/2013Cucina Calandra has been a favorite for quite some time. They have a pizza oven and Chef Henry who is a favorite with the grandchildren. We enjoy the food and the casual surroundings. Never disappointed in our choices whether a special or from regular menu. Portions are generous and sharing around the table is always a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Try Fig FlatbreadKaileenDined on 11/15/2013I'm a regular at Cucina Calandra. My favorite thing on their menu is the fig, gorgonzola & prosciutto flatbread. It's AMAZING!!Special Features:
- Family DiningSocialButterflyDined on 10/15/2013My family has been going to Cucina Calandra for years, and in all of those years, we had only 1 mediocre experience (it was an off night with new staff that was in the process of being trained), and the restaurant made it up to us 10-fold - everything else has been amazing. I would recommend anyone go here - the food is great, the atmosphere is fun and adorable and the servers are always so incredibly friendly. Nothing beats their half price pasta and wine Tuesday nights. They've become a tradition with our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is their nameLuv2eatVIPDined on 10/12/2013Whenever we are looking for a good meal with nice sized portions that is always fresh and delicious, we head to Cucina Calandra. The staff is always welcoming and efficient and we absolutely love the Italian bread stuffed with warm mozzarella. As an added plus, every diner is sent away with a fresh Italian bread made hourly at their bakery just a few doors down. The ambience reminds us of old world Italy. It is very casual and very busy so be sure to make reservations. We recommend the Chilean sea bass special. Mangia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.