Cucina Asellina Atlanta
1075 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Asellina Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.facebook.com//CucinaAsellina
- Phone: 4047930141x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30AM - 10:30PM
Friday: 11:30AM - 11:30PM
Saturday: 5:00PM - 1130PM
Monday - Thursday: Until 12:00AM
Friday - Saturday: Until 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Montobbio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: POP Sunday Brunch with DJ entertainment
A word from Cucina Asellina Atlanta
Description: Cucina Asellina is an approachable, rustic-Italian restaurant featuring modern Italian dishes made with simple, quality ingredients by Executive Chef Marco Porceddu. The space mirrors its sister restaurant, Asellina in New York City, the design inspired by the essential elements of a building: stone, brick, metal, concrete and wood creating a warm and inviting environment for dining and lounging. Cucina Asellina is part of The ONE Group and is located adjacent to the Loews in Midtown Atlanta. The restaurant and lounge is open for dinner daily, lunch on weekdays and all-day Sunday brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina Asellina Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014One year ago, I used to go to Cucina Asellina due to their amazing home-made pasta. When I went back past Friday, I was surprised that the menu was not only reduced, but the pasta limited to the most basic options. No meat or fish on the menu as dish. They brought us the second plate before finishing the first one. The Pasta had to be sent back to the kitchen to avoid getting cold while ending the first plate. Something changed in the direction of the restaurant that makes it only another pizza place in ATL.
- MixedbeltlinebanditVIPDined on 7/24/2014Calamari was fantastic, pizza good, spaghetti OK (too salty). All tables are high--didn't work well for my small wife. Watch out for the "special" it costs twice as much as anything on the menu.
- DisappointingLuvfreshfoodDined on 7/10/2014Went here after a positive experience over a year ago. Don't remember the big screen TV being there then. There were only a few tables there that night, but our food was sent to several other tables before arriving at our table, then they brought a pizza I hadn't ordered. They "allowed" me to eat the pizza I hadn't ordered, while they fixed the one I did order, then acted as though they were doing me a big favor by only charging me for the pizza they brought to us, because it was cheaper. Also, the menu didn't offer as much variety as the last time I was there.Special Features:
- Misleading advertisingJayEdwardVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant has some pluses. Salad ingredients were high quality. Wait staff guided us through the meal with professionalism However, the dinner menu on the web lists numerous entrees, all priced below $20. We you arrive, however, there are no entrees on the menu. They did verbally offer one "special" entree that my bill later revealed cost $38. This borders on fraud. I gladly pay $38 for an entree, but not after misleading advertising or for food of this quality.
- Nice experiencertpivVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had guests in town for the Peachtree Road Race and were looking for pasta the night before. There weren't many people there when we arrived, but it became more crowded as the night went on with what seemed to be mostly neighborhood people. It's a good sign when most of the patrons know each other and the servers. Our server was very helpful, but maybe took a little too much in describing the menu instead of getting our drinks. But the service leveled off from there and was good. The pappardelle was excellent. Calamari doesn't get much better and we also enjoyed the appetizers. They also have a nice lineup of pizzas. The menu isn't extensive, nor is the wine and beer selection, but the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night in AtlantaMackVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was outstanding, service was great, and sitting outside on peachtree street was the final treat that made for a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service lacking...ERodVIPDined on 5/10/2014The place looks great (modern and simple yet stylish), the menu is limited but the food is very good. Where the dont shine is on service. Our orders (drinks, bread and food) took very long. There seem to be one main waiter taking care of all (or most of the tables). Even getting water when we first sat took a while. Getting butter for the bread took for ever and one order of wine never came. The check was not correct but the waiter changed it when prompted. The waiter was clearly trying but was overwhelmed.
- JoanzDined on 5/9/2014Wonderful time!! Food was excellent - Second time there...would recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaisanjasonVIPDined on 5/5/2014Our waiter was outstanding and the food was very good. Recommendation should be heeded here, the chef works hard not e specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Cucina Asellina Atlanta reviews archive.
- Cut too many cornersAntonioDined on 4/26/2014I was expecting a fine dining experience for the price of the menu items. I got a pizza with obviously frozen crust. It taste like cardboard. I was very disappointed. Cannot recommend this establishment. It was not well attended, that may be a be a bad sign.
- Midtown buon cibo!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014We were in the mood for authentic & delicious Italian lunch in Midtown. This great spot fronts on Peachtree St. near 12 Street. Very pleased with the food and the attentive service. I had a generously sized vegetable Calzone with eggplant ... the inside contents were equaled or exceeded by the outside dough pastry taste and texture. No doughy heaviness. The cappuccino coffee I ordered was the best I have had -- anywhere! The chef accommodated my guest's rigid diet requirements and made a nice grilled chicken over salad for her. Easy to park in building garage and parking will be validated. We enjoyed it enough for a three hour lunch. This good spot needs more business!Special Features:
- The food was very good however,BeeGDined on 4/12/2014The food was very good however, the menu was limited and they were out of some things listed.Special Features:
- A True Dining FindVMVAtlantaVIPDined on 4/3/2014A friend recommended Cucina Asellina, and it turned out to be wonderful recommendation. The food was delicious. The prices reasonable, and the service friendly and helpful. Highly recommend the perfectly prepared and generous portion of Calamari. The Caesar Salad was uniquely and attractively presented with a delicious dressing. The Saffron Strozzapreti (sausage, peccorino, rapini) and Square Spaghetti (tomato, fresh basil, buffalo mozzarella) is delicious! Tiramisu is the perfect ending to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gratuity issueLuigiDined on 3/28/2014I had friends visiting Atlanta, I invite them to dinner and selected Cucina Asellina. Everything was very good, the quality of the ingredients, the wine recommended by our waitress, very charm attention, the manager came to say hi!... everything was great. When we ask for the bill we divided in 2 ( we where 4) When the 2 tickets came, the suggested amount was 18% , 20% and 22% but FROM THE TOtAL OF THE BILL... Just pay attention to the amount that you select .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Our waiter was attentive to start: refilling our water glasses, taking our orders, and explaining the menu options when we inquired. From there it was all down hill. It took 45 minutes after we placed the order for our appetizer to come out. The waiter then inquired what we'd ordered for dinner again because they'd clearly not written it down and forgotten. We asked for more of the spicy marinara for the calamari. After 10 minutes we asked a 2nd waiter to bring us the sauce. The sauce never came. Our entrees came out around the 1hr15min mark. The waiter came back to collect the calamari dishes and when we said the sauce never arrived they said that was too bad. Seriously? Great food, but I wouldn't recommend it based on the service.Special Features:
- Excellent upscale ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Excellent upscale Italian food at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for small plates & wineTomasVIPDined on 2/28/2014Cucina Asellina has gone in one direction since the original chef left a couple of years ago - downhill. Menu is now dumbed down and limited. Bar program is mediocre, although they do still have very good Italian wine choices. What cocktails we had were good but there is a small list of them, and no special amaros in a place that is supposed to be Italian? Started with a really good cheese & meat plate, bread was good, olives were okay. Recommendation is to stop here and move elsewhere for dinner or just have a pizza. Pasta was overcooked and ratio of sauce/toppings to pasta wrong - both inexcusable for an "Italian" restaurant.Special Features:
- This is second time therePamADined on 1/15/2014This is second time there and the food was wonderful (and came out hot, very important for me). Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yawn....DavJerDined on 1/11/2014Food is adequate, drinks were poorly made. Too many icy bits in a shaken martini, a "twist" with more pith than lemon, a Manhattan served on the rocks when ordered up. Sausage pizza was pretty tasty, but half of it was just the crust. Arugula salad quite nice, and quite large. But the prices are way too high for the quality of food. It just seems like no one in there really cares.
- AMAZING PIZZA!foodieDined on 12/23/2013The truffle pizza with quail egg was the best ever! Excellent service and great drinks also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013The place was not busy and yet they seated us by the waiter station. The food was not very impressive. They brought the bread with the food as an after thought. Overall I was not impressed specially because I picked this place to celebrate an special ocasion.Special Features:
- Great food; slightly understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/7/2013We live nearby and come here frequently. Always fanatastic food and great drinks. They seem to sttuggle with proper staffing and hadone waiter for all table which let to some service challenges. Overall, great place.Special Features:
- Skip the pizza, go for app & entreecm8910VIPDined on 11/9/2013The baked eggplant and the veal meatballs are great. Most pasta dishes are quite good too. Love the Layer Cake Primitivo Red Wine as well.Special Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013We ate here because of a travelzoo promotion/coupon and will definitely be back. Seated by the owner, he enthusiastically reviewed the appetizers with us and we were not disappointed. The beef ribs in a balsamic reduction were the best I've ever had! We also selected this place as it was 3/4 mile from the Fox Theatre where we had tickets that evening, so it was a brisk 12 minute walk to the theatre from there which I enjoyed after gorging on the fresh Italian bread, ribs and freshly made pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh ItalianDrewVIPDined on 11/6/2013Great Italian food, freshly made and very good service. Only negative was the seating, basically the tables are all high top style and using bar stool type chairs so feet are dangling or tucked behind you, not very comfortable. We had a pizza and the papperdale (spelling way off) and both were amazing. Cool atmosphere only have it 4 stars there due to the seating mentioned above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDvboundVIPDined on 10/26/2013Great menu. Venue is fantastic too. Cozy. Definitely will be back here again. Pasta is prepared perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialmbw1atlDined on 9/28/2013Overall, the food was cooked well but bland. Not anything worth remembering.
- Wine spillInmancwDined on 9/21/2013Great food and atmosphere but they were understaffed. And the waiter spilt about a half of glass of RED wine in my lap and shirt and did not offer to comp even an appetizer. So not only did I not get to drink all of the $50 bottle I had paid for but I have a shirt to have cleaned as well.Special Features:
- Football game on TV - really??Love2eatDined on 9/15/2013We walked by this restaurant and thought it looked really nice, so we went back later that night. Our server wasn't too bad other than he didn't realize it is his job to pour wine. The food was good, not great though. The thing that really put us off was the fact that the football game was blaring on the television. Not much for ambience. We could hear the music blaring in one ear and the football game in the other ear, so made for a very unpleasant experience.Special Features:
- This place has a great atmospherebirthdayweekendDined on 9/13/2013This place has a great atmosphere with a big city feel. Definitely better for smaller groups or date nights. Food was nice- some interesting things on the menu. Valet parking. Also have a small area for outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian spot right in midtownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2013I had passed by the Lowe's hotel many times and not noticed Cucina. If you are in the area give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulluv2eatDined on 9/9/2013We enjoyed lunch here and the restaurant was not busy at all but the food was delicious and our waitress was quite attentive. Would absolutely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was much better in theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2013Food was much better in the past. Pasta special for the Midtown Restaurant Week offering (this is an Italian restaurant) was inedible, service was perfunctory and very scattered while the restaurant was not full... Perhaps that should have been an indicator. We brought friends to this dinner and were very disappointed. Hesitant about repeating this experience.
- DeliciousLovefoodDined on 8/17/2013The food, service and ambience was all wonderful. The pasta is hand made fresh every day and is delicious!! The ambiance is rustic Italian with a city feel. It is a place I will return to in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine but mediocre... a bit schizoFifthGroupFanVIPDined on 8/12/2013it WAS a monday night but MANY places in midtown have more than four people on monday. our server STELLAR/bartender & kitchen distracted/food GREAT/come on kitchen help your staff out! put the shrimp ON the shrimp pizza so we don't have to ask for it. bartender give me a dry martini when ordered so we dont have to ask a second time-the bar closes at NINE? atlanta? not the norm. maybe there's a reason-arugula salad INCREDIBLE carbonara STELLAR meatballs EXCELLENT server FAB and what is it about "upstairs" everything that happened she said.. oh I will need to go upstairs... we don't need to know that :) is some schizo feeling about the place I don't think it the worker bees I think it the management. your folks are TRYING help them out!
- Great Lunch SpotMountainGirlDined on 8/6/2013Cucina Asellina is a great spot for lunch. Our lunch was beautifully presented and delicious. The service was less than attentive. We had to ask for refills on drinks. The server seemed more interested in eating his lunch at the bar and chatting with the kitchen staff than serving our party.Special Features:
- Size of the dish was differentEVAGTDined on 8/1/2013Size of the dish was different from the lunch we had two weeks ago to the dinner we had this week. The dish was the same but less quantity. in any case, equally delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2013Food was OK. Fresh pasta ordered by me and guest. Mine with fresh seafood and hers with a tough sausage. Server was surly and inattentive. Overall not an experience I need to repeat.Special Features:
- A great neighborhood restaurantfussyeaterVIPDined on 7/20/2013A great neighborhood restaurant - fabulous food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent place!JScjVIPDined on 7/2/2013Cucina Asellina never dissapoints. Thye have been consistent so far in the quality of the food and service. Our waiter Chris, was fantastic. He was attentive, had a great personality, and recommended dishes for each of us that satisfied our craving perfectly. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features: