Cucina Alessa Huntington Beach
520 Main St
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cucina Alessa Huntington Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cucinaalessahuntingtonbeach.com/
- Phone: 7149692148x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Happy Hour Mon-Fri. 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us create a special event for you, and take care of your every need when planning your Special Event. We Specialize in full service catering and have fabulous menu selections, Or we can customize a menu for your party! Our Beautiful Venue is a perfect setting for any event. Or let us bring Italy to the location of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for a place to host your special event? Look no further! Our private party room offers exceptional ambiance and along with our mouth-watering dishes, your guests will have an unforgettable experience. Call (714) 969-2148 or write us to hear more about our catering, our amazing menu items, and special packages for your next event. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Private Party Contact: Jon Larson 7149692148x
A word from Cucina Alessa Huntington Beach
Benvenuti da Cucina Alessa Huntington Beach, Ristorante Italiano. Feast your eyes upon our exquisite homemade creations and treat yourself to a truly authentic and delectable Italian entrees. From our famous "salsa verde" to our homemade lasagnas, fresh fish, and famous tiramisu, we will transport you to the heart of Italian hospitality and ensure you an experience only possible a Cucina Alessa!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina Alessa Huntington Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (22)good for groups (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DinnerMarinesDined on 10/21/2014The menu is fantastic, great location and the service is just stellar. Def, would go back again.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2014Every aspect of Cucina Alessa exceeded my expectations. The service provided by Omar and Michelle was great. Their menu guidance was spot on! Don't miss it!!Special Features:
- Great for a dateIlovefoodDined on 10/12/2014Came here on a sunday night with the gf after a long week. Checked restaurants in Huntington beach and stumbled across this place. Italian and some wine sounded good so we made a reservation for around 7. We ended up arriving a little early but it wasn't very packed so the reservation we made wasn't too critical although I'm sure this place gets busy other nights of the week. Ambiance was great, Food was wonderful, rich but that's what happens when you order a cream sauce. We got a cozy little booth in the back to ourselves and had a great time. Spent a couple hours here and walked the pier afterwards. Their Olive oil basil dip stuff that came with the bread was delicious. Great time, great ambiance, perfect for a date, I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinVIPDined on 10/7/2014This was our second time back at this location. We were not as impressed, as the first time.
- ambiance is old school but niceChibbsDined on 10/2/2014The pasta is what i go for! Always great service. The Cesar Salad is great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Our friends told us to ask for Josh! He was the best. He was attentive, entertaining and knowledgeable! Enjoyed all his recommendations. We didn't even look at the menu.Special Features:
- Great MealJeanneDined on 9/24/2014I had the seafood frutti de mari - it was outstanding! I would recommend this restaurant to all who love Italian food. The meat and cheese platter and the burricotta were awesome.Special Features:
- DisapointedaveragedinerDined on 9/5/2014With all the great Italian restaurants in Huntington Beach this one is over rated. Its very pretentious with water putting on a fake italian accent. He dropped it when we didn't buy upgraded water or a bottle of expensive wine. I had the pasta my wife the raviola both took al dente to far. It was gummy and stuck together. It just wasn't cooked. The sauce was very good. I would have rated it higher if we didn't have Beau Gusto, Mange Mange or any number of great Italian restaurants in HB. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Food.jw517VIPDined on 9/1/2014We had a delicious meal Cucina Alessa and will definitely be coming back - their fresh made pasta is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!!DelishVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything on their menu is superb. The service is great, the pastas are melt in your mouth deee-lish!! This place will be on your mind forever more after just one visit.Special Features:
- Fresh and Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014I went here as a recommendation from a friend and it was amazing! The food was fresh and tasty and my bride and I had a great evening.Special Features:
- Great food great servicelive2eatDined on 8/23/2014The service was incredible. I wish I knew my waiter's name. The background noise was somewhat loud and his voice was on the softer side. All the workers were great. They took notice to how much water we had left and noticed when we ran out of bread. The food came out hot as it should. Best part was that the waiter did not constantly ask "how is everything?" or "how is the food?" Most places tend to do it too often and it interrupts the meal. I did not have that issue here. The workers are professional and know how to please the customers. Despite being a younger customer, I was treated respectfully and did not deal with a condescending tone at all (unlike other places). I would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Always a pleasant experienceout4dinnerDined on 8/16/2014We go to Alessa HB each time we visit the area and have always enjoyed the atmosphere inside. The outside seating is equally nice with heaters when it gets chilly. The staff were very accommodating and service was very good. We never felt rushed through courses. The only thing we weren't really pleased about was that the food we had was not a subtle Italian style cuisine. For example the sauce on chicken marsala seemed heavy s/w starchy rather than light and flavorful & the sauce on a pasta dish had an overly smokey taste that overpowered the other ingredients. Just could have used a lighter touch with the preparation. We like Alessa, it is the best in HB for a nice dinner out..we'll certainly return there whenever we stay in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerDrewDined on 8/14/2014Our appetizer and main courses were all very good. The service was great, both the waiter and the support staff. An all around pleasant anniversary dinner and we look forward to future dinners here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Mediocre Service/LoudSturicchiDined on 8/9/2014We had a birthday party for 9 on a Saturday evening. The food was very good with the basil olive oil served with the bread being outstanding. The entrees were also very good. However, the noise level was so loud that you could barely hear the person next to you. The service was a bit slow and it took several requests to get a refill on our beverages.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014I was just here over the weekend for a last minute date night with the fiance. I like that they are open until 11 on the weekends and not right in the middle of all the nonsense downtown when I don't feel like dealing with it. I have been here a couple of times in the last year or so and it is always an enjoyable experience. The food is great as well as the servers, very friendly.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceBeanDined on 7/26/2014We went to Cucina Alessa after seeing a matinee on a Saturday afternoon. Even though we were the only patrons in the establishment, the service was painfully slow. Also note, parking is difficult, particularly in the middle of summer. The food however was delicious. The risotto was particularly amazing.Special Features:
- Huntington Beach Italian favoritesteveDesDined on 7/18/2014We accidentally reserved a table at this location, be aware that they have a sister property of the same name just down PCH 1 in Newport Beach. This location is much larger than the sister property with a second seating area upstairs. Food is really terrific, our selections ran from chicken and pork, to short rib filled pasta, all were terrific. Nice wine list, focused almost exclusively to California and Italy, which is perfect for me. I think that this location is a little less noisy, so if you are trying to have a conversation, I think this one wins out, food is excellent at both. Josh took good care of us, I'm sure all the waiters are great, but Josh's energy makes it a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Dinner after the ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014Hop Skip and a Jump from Huntington Library Theater. The Food was Fantastic; the Ambiance and Service was tops! We will be back!Special Features:
- Viva Cucina Alessa !betsypVIPDined on 7/13/2014I recently attended a rehearsal dinner at Cucina Alessa and had to come back for more, this time Sunday lunch! Everything was delicious - the meatballs and the pollo parmesan were especially good but everything we tasted was mouth-watering! The servers are friendly and knowledgable - we had a wonderful time! We'll be back !!Special Features:
- Tasty NoiseTibiVIPDined on 7/11/2014Delicious, fresh Italian. Go on the weekdays unless you can stand major noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has changed!!!!!MatthewBVIPDined on 7/10/2014Wow! What a change and not for the better! We have been loyal customers since day one with the original owner and chef. We endured the abrupt change of ownership and chef's departure! Now the professional general manager has departed and we cannot continue to endure. This trip to Cucina Alessa revealed a clear departure from a commitment to quality. Our server, Josh was as usual professional but the food was terrible. It is clear the owners are cutting corners and using inferior products. Not sure what prompted the change but it is evident ownership has lost its way. The building is falling into disrepair and the use of inferior products has clearly affected the once stellar taste of the dishes served. We wont be back!!!!!
- Something for everyonerun2eatDined on 7/5/2014Had a family reunion of 13 and everyone had a different dish. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their entree, as well as the numerous appetizers. From the fish to the freshly made pasta and the flavorful sauces, everything was done very well. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatHbcookDined on 7/3/2014Brought friends from out of town here and they loved it as much as we do. We go here often because the food is consistently great and we love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Much Enjoyed DinnerJohn66VIPDined on 7/3/2014My daughter found that it was the highest rated restaurant in Huntington Beach on Trip Adviser. The high rating was well deserved. We had a very good dinner from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 6/30/2014This was my 2nd time to this restaurant, first time to this location and just as good and consistant and the Newport Beach location. The service was stellar and the food was oh so delicious, My favorite thing was the bread and pesto dipping sauce. I could make a meal just on that. Very well done and we are already recommending this place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great food, good service, cute little bistro in laguna beach.Special Features:
- Awesome!!yuknowhoo52Dined on 6/26/2014Great food and excellent service. The lobster ravioli was so delicious and I will definitely come back!Special Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the Cucina Alessa Huntington Beach reviews archive.
- ltltDined on 6/23/2014It was fantastic, our waiter was Josh , I think that was his name .Awesome, very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningwwnwDined on 6/22/2014I made a reservation for a group of 9 ladies for an early evening dinner. I had warned the restaurant that we might be a little loud and suggested they might want to put us in a corner. When we arrived our corner table was ready, the staff was attentive and gracious, the food was outstanding (don't miss the zucca) and we had a wonderful evening. We even got to celebrate a 98th birthday with a lovely woman at a table close to ours. I highly recommend Cucina Alessa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014The butternut squash ravioli are so good! Had a delightful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Best calamari!HBVACADined on 6/15/2014Very noisy, but food made up for the unhappy child across from our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryjimfromhbDined on 5/31/2014The food, the look, the staff all great. The only thing which wasn't that big of deal is the noise level is a bit high. But don't let that stop you from going unless your hearing is not that good.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantwineloverVIPDined on 5/13/2014Just a nicest restaurant in Huntington Beach neighborhood. Foods are great, delicious. Presentations are beautifully done. Service are casual but wonderful. Wait staff's attentive attitude was great and the knowledge of the menu was good and recommendation he suggested was YUM!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy place great food!DelishVIPDined on 5/9/2014I had been to their location in Newport before. I thought it would be the same but no. We were seated next to a family of I'd say 15. Loud. Food was fantastic and so was the service.Special Features:
- Home town favoriteHBfoodieVIPDined on 4/23/2014Located on Main Street a few blocks from the pier and near the downtown hotels. The restaurant has a welocoming staff and pleasant decor. The food is delightful. The pastas are house made as well as sauces. Beef and lamb dishes are delicious. The seafood is fresh and adds to many of the pasta dishes. A full cocktail and a superb wine list compliment your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food findGEReviewDined on 4/22/2014Went for dinner and had a window seat. Good place to people watch! Food was very good. I had the Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken which was excellent. The service was ok but could have been a little faster. It was a little on the noisy side but we happen to sit next to a very loud couple that wanted everyone to hear there life story! The kids were a lot quieter! This is not the best Italian food I have ever had but it is pretty good. I would recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great service and great foodptahminDined on 4/22/2014Had the Italian BLT for lunch- an amazing sandwich!Special Features:
- Easter DinnerRustyDined on 4/20/2014Solid restaurant. Local gem. Food is always very good as is the service. just lightly off the beaten path of downtown HB, but well worth the extra couple minute walk. I have dined here numerous times and have yet to be anything but very happy with the experience. WOinderful specials, well prepared and efficient and professional service.Special Features:
- Great BrunchDelishDined on 4/20/2014We visited this restaurant on Easter Sunday for brunch. Menu was good but not very many options to choose from. Our reservation was at Noon so we only got the little brunch menu where the guests at 12:30 PM got the lunch menu...Kinda makes no sense really.... Anyways. We ordered 4 different dishes (Gnocchi w/4 cheese sauce and the Angus Steak & Eggs were two) with wine and Prosecco and all was very good. The Tiramisu for dessert was the highlight - one of the best I have ever had. Cleansed that down with a Grappa and we were all happy. Since we want to try dinner, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.