24 Wall Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cucina24restaurant.com/
- Phone: 8282546170
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday, 5:00 - 9:00
Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Canipelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Cucina 24
Local chef Brian Canipelli has opened Cucina 24 at 24 Wall Street in downtown area. Cucina 24 features Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cucina 24 - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Cucina 24 reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)special occasion (90)romantic (65)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (52)good for groups (34)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great ServicecasualdinerDined on 10/28/2014This was our first time at Cucina 24, and it was great, as expected! Our server Robertino was very attentive and personable. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on Wall StreetAMvandenHurkVIPDined on 10/28/2014What a gem of a place! Wall Street in Asheville is like a hidden foodie street lined with great places to eat and Cucina 24 is one of them. It was an outstanding experience. Their menu changes every day based on what is the freshest. In fact, a farmer came in with some produce while we were eating. I had house-made pasta with a classic sauce. Perfectly balanced. Our waiter, Rich, was very knowledgable about the wine list and the menu able to make spot-on suggestions. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DeliciousYummypantsDined on 10/25/2014Impeccable service and delicious food. Don't miss this placeSpecial Features:
- DJKistlerVIPDined on 10/18/2014It had been awhile since we dined at Cucina 24 so we were pleased to see that remains one of the best restaurants in Asheville. Our appetizers and entrees were excellent as was the service. In particular the scallops entree was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect, even for vegansswatchDined on 10/17/2014We had a lovely dinner for 4 including one vegan whose chef's selection dish was so great I may have to order that next time. The other dishes were likewise a bit unique and delicious. The waiter along with his gracious service, recommended a very good reasonably priced wine that suited perfectly.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014I got a recommendation from a friend who spent time in Asheville, and we had a wonderful time! We hit traffic and so let them know that we would be late, and then had to compress our meal because we had an event afterward, and the servers were very accommodating. The burrata and pumpkin croutons were amazing, and the pizza with apple was so good! We had the shank with risotto and it was so buttery and delicious and just fell apart on the fork so perfectly. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and return when I come back to Asheville!Special Features:
- amazing!OnvacationVIPDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful food, service and atmosphere, as always.Special Features:
- Great PickDallasite1Dined on 10/10/2014Had seen mention in Food and Wine mag. Made reso-only had to wait couple of minutes for table to be reset. Ate oysters and chicken liver crostini to start. Had outstanding pizza-great thin crust. Figs and honey for dessert. With a bottle of wine tab was $84. Server professional. Lots of competition in the area, but based on this experience, happy to recommend.Special Features:
- KarenEatsOutDined on 10/10/2014Cucina is a satisfying meal and we were able to make a reservation on a busy fall weekend. There was a full house, always a positive sign that you are at a good restaurant. The staff is so attentive and helpful with the menu selections. The food is good and presentation appetizing. I will go back to enjoy their varied menu, serene atmosphere with a hip vibe, and great service.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/10/2014I have been to Cucina 24 a few times. I always like the food although I don't eat meat there are some vegetarian and fish options. One complaint I would have is our table was across the kitchen and the fluorescent lights are blaring in your eyes and make a nice quaint spot like being in the kitchen. I do like watching the kitchen people work but it's really hard on your eyes. I would suggest putting a small valance up around the bar to block the annoying light from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeYummyVIPDined on 10/9/2014This was our second trip to Asheville and we had to go to this restaurant again! We loved it as much the second time and would highly recommend this restaurant. We love the cheese tray- the chef really goes out of his way to find unusual accompaniments for his cheeses. I can't wait to live in Asheville so that I can go here regularly~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!SandBVIPDined on 10/4/2014We travel to Italy often and this was like being there without the jet lag. The branzina (sea bass) was prepared beautifully and the wine list was very innovative. This restaurant is another reason to move to Asheville.Special Features:
- lovely food, lovely placeddhaneVIPDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed every aspect of our dinner at Cucina 24. Our waiter was charming and helpful without being intrusive; the ambiance of the place is lovely--low-key and elegant; and the food is kind of perfect.Special Features:
- Stellar Dining ExperiencepampelmousseDined on 10/3/2014We ordered one of each of the small plates to share --only missing the bone marrow plate (that happens for us late-night diners). Our conversation quickly turned to discussing each delicious mouthful! The unfiltered prosecco that we paired the first round of shared plates was uniquely tasty. Our server was lovely and engaging --the right balance without be overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodYumNTumDined on 10/3/2014Everything was very well done - especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and unusual ChoicesDonaldDined on 10/2/2014We had a fabulous meal very different . I had rabbit tucked into wonderful light angoliani pasta with a spinach and asparagus tips sauce. My husband had their Bologolnese pasta and really enjoyed that. But for the unusual our great server Claude recommended we have the pumpkin with a wonderful cake -pudding. It was very good and says FALL. Oh yes it was all about my grey goose on the big rock, one ice cube and oliveS.Special Features:
- Inventive menu, fabulous serviceKarenSDined on 9/27/2014I took a friend to Cucina 24 for her birthday & we had a fabulous time. We had the prosciutto with whipped ricotta cheese & figs (my favorite) and the scallops with octopus. So delicious. I requested a special birthday surprise through open table and they did not disappoint, even without a reminder. Our server, Claude was perfection and a true professional. Ambiance is lovely. Head to the grove arcade area early, though. Finding parking can be tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodMbe34Dined on 9/26/2014Was the first place we dined at in Ashville. Very good. Interesting menu. Solid all the way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2014I think it was our third time visiting this restaurant because of good reviews. I keep forgetting that I didn't like it on the first place and now I'm writing with a hope never make this mistake again. The food was simply not good and it doesn't worth the money. Considering that it isn't good three years in a row I say just don't go there, there so many other wonderful restaurants in this town.
- Always a great mealyummyeatsVIPDined on 9/20/2014We usually end up at Cucina 24 for special occasions. I'm not sure why. We always have a great meal and should probably dine there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was beautifully prepared and presented. Wonderful flavors. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive, without being intrusive. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Terrific take on ItalianDot51Dined on 9/19/2014This was my first meal at Cucina 24. My companions and I were not disappointed. The house-made burrata was almost as good as the best I've had in Italy. The bucatini - also house made - was perfect. Though I normally like my Roman pasta dishes to be traditional, I didn't mind the substitution of bacon for guanciale in the carbonara. My friends had the hanger steak - absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant spot with good foodSmithtownMikeDined on 9/16/2014The location is on a lovely side street in Downtown Asheville (Wall Street). My wife and I split a pizza and a pasta dish. Excellent food and beautifully served. The waiter was very generous in offering to let us sample some of the wines before ordering our glasses. This was a welcome idea, since many of the wines are unusual blends. We were very satisfied.
- CozyReedDined on 9/16/2014Great Northern Italian food. The waiter was very helpful and brought samples of several different wines to sample. The bass entre I ordered was great. The pasta my wife order wasn't as tasty but she enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Uneven food preptwjwdiningDined on 9/12/2014We started our meal with Rabbit Tortellini, which were not good...dry and uninteresting. My husband followed with the skirt steak and it was really outstanding. I had the stripped bass, which was not well prepared nor was it a very well constructed dish. As the plates were being cleared, the server asked how the food had been. I was honest in saying that the fish had been over salted and overcooked. They kindly comp'd us a dessert, which was a very nice gesture. It's a good restaurant, and they aim to please, obviously. We would go back again, but I would most definitely get the steak. The service was quite good. Wine list is adequate but not outstanding.Special Features:
- scrumptiousILivetoEatDined on 9/7/2014We found Cucina24 to have very good food in a hip yet not cliché atmosphere. Enjoyed a crab appetizer that was scrumptious; a potato-bacon-leek pizza that I’m still dreaming about (it was bigger than the dinner plate); tasted my husband’s hanger steak - it was perfection. Focaccia was bland & miniscule (the whole ‘appetizer’ – which was not complementary - was smaller than a deck of cards). For me, the open kitchen concept underscores straightforwardness & integrity … I like to see the chef running the show. We’ve lived in big cities; we travel; we have a good frame of restaurant reference. We will be back to try other items since the menu is inventive & changes frequently.Special Features:
- Beautiful Setting; delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014So pleased with our meal at Cucina 24. Gorgeous restaurant and delicious food.Special Features:
- great tastesdennisDined on 9/3/2014was fantastic experience. had the striped bass awesomeSpecial Features:
- Cucina 24- ExcellentMP831Dined on 8/31/2014This is the third time I have dinner at Cucina 23, as before it did not disappoint. Our waiter Stevie was excellent, very attentive without hovering! Food was delicious, 4 entries and all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was exceptional.KarchieDined on 8/31/2014As a chef I recommend this restaurant. I had some of the best scallops I have ever tasted. Seared outside and tender as butter inside. The leek sauce was worthy of licking the beautiful plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatinginAshevilleDined on 8/30/2014Cucina 24 is well worth a try. The menu is interesting and different, from the roasted pizzas to the truffle oil option. We shared a couple of salads, two pastas (one with truffles, very yummy), one bolognese (outstanding) and a pizza. All were excellentSpecial Features:
- CEW1Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service in a restaurant with modern decor.Special Features:
- Downtown favorite...Foodie1VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another excellent dining experience. Had the buratta/heirloom tomatoes, beet salad, and pizzas tonight. The wood fired oven makes the thin crust pizzas crispy and well-suited to an individual meal. Rory, our server, is always knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. Menus change daily and reflect availability of fresh foods. Return regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Asheville.RomanocVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was, as always, delicious. The Peaches and Cream dessert was one of the best desserts we've ever had. Every time we dine at Cucina24 we are impressed with the menu selection, and made to feel welcome by the staff. Our server Rory was fantastic. He went above and beyond to ensure our evening was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown restaurant of choice...Foodie1VIPDined on 8/29/2014Always excellent--impeccable service, creative menu/food, pleasant setting. The pork chop is the finest! Also had the red snapper for 2--fresh and tasty. Octopus salad and the appetizer olives were enjoyed by our table. Our favorite choice for downtown dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable attention to Detail2fordinnerDined on 8/27/2014I must say I was impressed with the food, not your run of the mill 3lb serving of spaghetti, instead a well portioned and intensely flavored serving of food. Our server Rory was outstanding and we plan to request him the next time we visit. Its definitely a gem, I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceeds my expectations.Foodie26VIPDined on 8/26/2014I love sitting at the Chef's Bar. If Head Chef/Owner Brian is not to busy he can give you his recommendations off the menu. He has never steered me wrong. I had the Burrata and Heirloom Tomato on grilled bread as an app. I ordered the stripped bass with salsa verde. It was perfectly cooked and light but flavorful. I always leave feeling satisfied and that the meal was worth every penny. It's one of my favorite places to eat in downtown.Special Features:
- Great MealWilliamTDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went out for a last minute dinner and decided on Cucina 24. The meal was great. The flavor of both our meals was excellent. We also appreciated the great service at our table. We had a few questions on the menu and they were all able to be answered well. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Fresh, simple, yet packs a powerful flavor punch. I still don't understand why Cucina 24 isn't considered the pinnacle in AshevilleSpecial Features:
- Very Good MealfoodloverDined on 8/16/2014Definitely would recommend this restaurant. Interesting combinations of ingredients but not over the top. It was enjoyable and delicious.Special Features: