24 Wall Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cucina24restaurant.com/
- Phone: (828) 254-6170
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday, 5:00 - 9:00
Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Canipelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Cucina 24
Local chef Brian Canipelli has opened Cucina 24 at 24 Wall Street in downtown area. Cucina 24 features Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cucina 24 - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Cucina 24 reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (79)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (46)good for groups (33)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Back to good againCardinalGaryDined on 11/23/2014We have made several visits to Cucina over a many years. This was our first back after a couple of times when the experience was below par for this historically very consistent server. This time our experience was the normally good grade that kept us as customers. Twas a rainy and stormy night in Asheville an ingredient that usually rewards us with smaller crowds, ergo better service and it held here. The restaurant was nicely busy but not jammed. The waiter did an excellent job of describing the choices and getting us set with a bottle of wine. We tried a selection of the oysters, my wife enjoyed a soup and we both had their pressed pork dish which was very nice. The only negative reaction to the meal and it was a very minor thought from both of us was that the veggies were slightly over done and some of the mixture a little too soft. Their flavor was excellent. We are quite happy to again be positive on CucinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very goodTravels4foodDined on 11/21/2014Overall very good and the service was excellent. My only complaint was that the food was not hot - obviously the main dishes sat out for a while waiting for one item. The kitchen needs to work on its timing. But, I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad was excellent. Pasta was skimpyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014My husband/I shared a salad which was excellent - the dressing was perfect. We each had a pasta dish and although the quality of the pasta was really good, both dishes were very skimpy and also pretty dry. We're both small people and not big eaters. It wasn't that we wanted huge portions, but we did want an entree size portion, so we assume that the pasta is meant to be a prima piati (first course) to be followed by a main entree. We prefer not to eat that way. Wine list is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina 24 not for the hungryLovegoodfoodDined on 11/19/2014Cucina 24 had been highly recommended by a friend, so my expectations were high. The service and ambiance were very good. However, my portion was so meager that my friends and I actually laughed when it was presented to me. A very small serving of pasta presented on a large plate looked like an appetizer, not an entree. While it was tasty, it was not anything special. Considering that this entree did not include any meat or fish, it was grossly overpriced.
- ExcellentGinnyDined on 11/16/2014The restaurant is beautiful, perfect lighting and very welcoming. The thinnest of thin, perfectly crunchy and salty bread sticks decorate the tables. The menu changes daily and was extensive the night I was there. Our table sampled a roasted beet salad, scarlet turnips, brussels sprouts and 2 pastas. The pumpkin cappelletti was extraordinary and the rigatoni bolognese perfect comfort food for a cold night. The staff could recommend a wine that we were not familiar with. We shared a creative dessert of poached pumpkin and other goodies. Cucina 24 is spot on with the typical Asheville foodie standards of creative, local, seasonal excellence. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable Evening!jloughranvaDined on 11/15/2014The food and service were fabulous!! Started with cheese and oysters (Yum!) Finished with pasta, pizza and the amazing porkchop. We shall return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just one notch below a 5 ratingMooseVIPDined on 11/12/2014i was a bit apprehensive walking into this restaurant. it's very avant garde, apparently a "happening" place -- not our cup of tea. but we were pleasantly surprised by very, very good food and service. seated across from the open kitchen, we each ordered oysters on the half shell. they were fresh, delicious, shucked perfectly and flavored with a subtle sauce that amplified but didn't overpower the oysters. my "tutti di mare" -- basically a seafood stew -- included perfectly cooked scallops, shrimp a few manilla clams and tasty sea bass in a delicious sauce/broth. the wife had a fabulous prosciutto small plate along with another small plate (i can't remember at the moment) but it was very good. the bread straws are irresistible-- i don't want to remember how many we ate. normally we don't order dessert but we were in such a good frame of mind that we both ordered, and very much enjoyed, different home made desserts. rather than ordering a bottle of wine we had the house rose prosecco -- a pleasant treat reminiscent of a poor man's kir royale. katy, our waitress, was a joy. we would happily return to cucina24.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findLove2EatOutVIPDined on 11/11/2014Ate here TU 11/11/14 with a friend visiting from out of town. My first experience dining at Cucina 24. It was fabulous. The quality of the food was superb. We started with the cheese plate, then I had the roasted beet and carrot salad, and pumpkin mini-ravioli. LOVED it all, but the entrée size was TINY for the price. I think it was $18 or $19, and there were only six tiny ravioli (fancier name on menu). Dessert was wonderful - cinnamon gelato. Highly recommended - but I had to have a snack after I got home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good date night!smilyfangVIPDined on 11/8/2014We always start with the cheese plate and a bottle of Insoglio. Cheese plate with fruit and nuts is always outstanding, but it was especially nice this time. Waiter was courteous and knowledgeable. We tried the wreck fish and Frutti de Mare at his recommendation. They were both really really good. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014Seven of us celebrated my "big" birthday....three children, one gran, my husband and two friends. Rory was outstanding and the dishes were perfect....making for a perfect evening, Rory presented me with Lauren's special dessert, a perfect ending!Special Features:
- Great flavors, artfully presentedrfs62Dined on 11/7/2014While the menu is not extensive, the choices are varied and packed with flavor. Steak was well seasoned, tender and juicy. Pasta with butternut squash, sage and brown butter was excellent. Service was attentive and helpful. Chef prepared a vegan pizza which was delicious. Thin crust topped with roasted veggies, apple and pear slices. Had a great time and would visit again.Special Features:
- DisappointingmountainchefDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I both have a culinary and hospitality background. We were so looking forward to our evening at Cucina 24 because we had heard good things about the restaurant, however, we would not go back. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the hostess was pleasant. The drink that my husband received was small and not cold enough and the water was lukewarm. There were these cheesy breadstick things on the table that you weren't sure if you should eat or were there for decoration. It took forever to receive our main entree and it was not worth the wait and do not bother with dessert. Looked great, but had no flavor. We would suggest going to the bar and ordered some apps, but don't have dinner.
- Very good - butJackLDined on 11/1/2014This was our fourth or fifth visit and we felt that things slipped a bit. Our waiter was very good and helpful, but seemed to have many tables and things got a little slow at times. Wife and I both opted for the hanger steak that was a bit chewy and the dish was dry overall. Steak had good flavor and roasted vegetables were very good. We had a large party and most were very pleased, especially with pasta sausage, Overall this was a good experience and we will visit them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!Culinarystudent18Dined on 10/31/2014I have never been to Cucina 24 before, and I was very pleased with my experience. From the moment I walked into to door, myself and my date were both greeted with a friendly welcome. Our server was very knowledgeable of the restaurant and the menu and provided helpful service. The food itself was not only wonderful but it plated nicely. As a culinary student I can say that the restaurant was extremely clean and that the kitchen and staff provided a long lasting memory in my mind of my time there. And besides the fact that everything was so great, Cucina 24 has only local ingredients and changes it's menu nightly, so that you will never order the same thing twice. I enjoyed myself and cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experiencemarjodineoutDined on 10/29/2014We brought friends in from London who have had wonderful dining experience in major cities all over the world. We thought they would be impressed and enjoy Cucina 24 and they did! This was our forth visit and we will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great ServicecasualdinerDined on 10/28/2014This was our first time at Cucina 24, and it was great, as expected! Our server Robertino was very attentive and personable. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingjimimacDined on 10/28/2014I took my husband to Cucina 24 for his birthday. We were both very disappointed. The food and service was nothing special. The menu was very limited. The bread they serve was excellent and that was it.
- Gem on Wall StreetAMvandenHurkVIPDined on 10/28/2014What a gem of a place! Wall Street in Asheville is like a hidden foodie street lined with great places to eat and Cucina 24 is one of them. It was an outstanding experience. Their menu changes every day based on what is the freshest. In fact, a farmer came in with some produce while we were eating. I had house-made pasta with a classic sauce. Perfectly balanced. Our waiter, Rich, was very knowledgable about the wine list and the menu able to make spot-on suggestions. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DeliciousYummypantsDined on 10/25/2014Impeccable service and delicious food. Don't miss this placeSpecial Features:
- DJKistlerVIPDined on 10/18/2014It had been awhile since we dined at Cucina 24 so we were pleased to see that remains one of the best restaurants in Asheville. Our appetizers and entrees were excellent as was the service. In particular the scallops entree was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect, even for vegansswatchDined on 10/17/2014We had a lovely dinner for 4 including one vegan whose chef's selection dish was so great I may have to order that next time. The other dishes were likewise a bit unique and delicious. The waiter along with his gracious service, recommended a very good reasonably priced wine that suited perfectly.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014I got a recommendation from a friend who spent time in Asheville, and we had a wonderful time! We hit traffic and so let them know that we would be late, and then had to compress our meal because we had an event afterward, and the servers were very accommodating. The burrata and pumpkin croutons were amazing, and the pizza with apple was so good! We had the shank with risotto and it was so buttery and delicious and just fell apart on the fork so perfectly. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and return when I come back to Asheville!Special Features:
- amazing!OnvacationVIPDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful food, service and atmosphere, as always.Special Features:
- Great PickDallasite1Dined on 10/10/2014Had seen mention in Food and Wine mag. Made reso-only had to wait couple of minutes for table to be reset. Ate oysters and chicken liver crostini to start. Had outstanding pizza-great thin crust. Figs and honey for dessert. With a bottle of wine tab was $84. Server professional. Lots of competition in the area, but based on this experience, happy to recommend.Special Features:
- KarenEatsOutDined on 10/10/2014Cucina is a satisfying meal and we were able to make a reservation on a busy fall weekend. There was a full house, always a positive sign that you are at a good restaurant. The staff is so attentive and helpful with the menu selections. The food is good and presentation appetizing. I will go back to enjoy their varied menu, serene atmosphere with a hip vibe, and great service.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/10/2014I have been to Cucina 24 a few times. I always like the food although I don't eat meat there are some vegetarian and fish options. One complaint I would have is our table was across the kitchen and the fluorescent lights are blaring in your eyes and make a nice quaint spot like being in the kitchen. I do like watching the kitchen people work but it's really hard on your eyes. I would suggest putting a small valance up around the bar to block the annoying light from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeYummyVIPDined on 10/9/2014This was our second trip to Asheville and we had to go to this restaurant again! We loved it as much the second time and would highly recommend this restaurant. We love the cheese tray- the chef really goes out of his way to find unusual accompaniments for his cheeses. I can't wait to live in Asheville so that I can go here regularly~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!SandBVIPDined on 10/4/2014We travel to Italy often and this was like being there without the jet lag. The branzina (sea bass) was prepared beautifully and the wine list was very innovative. This restaurant is another reason to move to Asheville.Special Features:
- lovely food, lovely placeddhaneVIPDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed every aspect of our dinner at Cucina 24. Our waiter was charming and helpful without being intrusive; the ambiance of the place is lovely--low-key and elegant; and the food is kind of perfect.Special Features:
- Stellar Dining ExperiencepampelmousseDined on 10/3/2014We ordered one of each of the small plates to share --only missing the bone marrow plate (that happens for us late-night diners). Our conversation quickly turned to discussing each delicious mouthful! The unfiltered prosecco that we paired the first round of shared plates was uniquely tasty. Our server was lovely and engaging --the right balance without be overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodYumNTumDined on 10/3/2014Everything was very well done - especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and unusual ChoicesDonaldDined on 10/2/2014We had a fabulous meal very different . I had rabbit tucked into wonderful light angoliani pasta with a spinach and asparagus tips sauce. My husband had their Bologolnese pasta and really enjoyed that. But for the unusual our great server Claude recommended we have the pumpkin with a wonderful cake -pudding. It was very good and says FALL. Oh yes it was all about my grey goose on the big rock, one ice cube and oliveS.Special Features:
- Inventive menu, fabulous serviceKarenSDined on 9/27/2014I took a friend to Cucina 24 for her birthday & we had a fabulous time. We had the prosciutto with whipped ricotta cheese & figs (my favorite) and the scallops with octopus. So delicious. I requested a special birthday surprise through open table and they did not disappoint, even without a reminder. Our server, Claude was perfection and a true professional. Ambiance is lovely. Head to the grove arcade area early, though. Finding parking can be tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodMbe34Dined on 9/26/2014Was the first place we dined at in Ashville. Very good. Interesting menu. Solid all the way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2014I think it was our third time visiting this restaurant because of good reviews. I keep forgetting that I didn't like it on the first place and now I'm writing with a hope never make this mistake again. The food was simply not good and it doesn't worth the money. Considering that it isn't good three years in a row I say just don't go there, there so many other wonderful restaurants in this town.
- Always a great mealyummyeatsVIPDined on 9/20/2014We usually end up at Cucina 24 for special occasions. I'm not sure why. We always have a great meal and should probably dine there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was beautifully prepared and presented. Wonderful flavors. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive, without being intrusive. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Terrific take on ItalianDot51Dined on 9/19/2014This was my first meal at Cucina 24. My companions and I were not disappointed. The house-made burrata was almost as good as the best I've had in Italy. The bucatini - also house made - was perfect. Though I normally like my Roman pasta dishes to be traditional, I didn't mind the substitution of bacon for guanciale in the carbonara. My friends had the hanger steak - absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant spot with good foodSmithtownMikeDined on 9/16/2014The location is on a lovely side street in Downtown Asheville (Wall Street). My wife and I split a pizza and a pasta dish. Excellent food and beautifully served. The waiter was very generous in offering to let us sample some of the wines before ordering our glasses. This was a welcome idea, since many of the wines are unusual blends. We were very satisfied.
- CozyReedDined on 9/16/2014Great Northern Italian food. The waiter was very helpful and brought samples of several different wines to sample. The bass entre I ordered was great. The pasta my wife order wasn't as tasty but she enjoyed it.Special Features: