24 Wall Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cucina24restaurant.com/
- Phone: 8282546170
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday, 5:00 - 9:00
Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Canipelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Cucina 24
Local chef Brian Canipelli has opened Cucina 24 at 24 Wall Street in downtown area. Cucina 24 features Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cucina 24 - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Cucina 24 reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)special occasion (92)romantic (74)neighborhood gem (65)notable wine list (52)good for groups (27)hot spot (22)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Pleasant spot with good foodSmithtownMikeDined on 9/16/2014The location is on a lovely side street in Downtown Asheville (Wall Street). My wife and I split a pizza and a pasta dish. Excellent food and beautifully served. The waiter was very generous in offering to let us sample some of the wines before ordering our glasses. This was a welcome idea, since many of the wines are unusual blends. We were very satisfied.
- CozyReedDined on 9/16/2014Great Northern Italian food. The waiter was very helpful and brought samples of several different wines to sample. The bass entre I ordered was great. The pasta my wife order wasn't as tasty but she enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Uneven food preptwjwdiningDined on 9/12/2014We started our meal with Rabbit Tortellini, which were not good...dry and uninteresting. My husband followed with the skirt steak and it was really outstanding. I had the stripped bass, which was not well prepared nor was it a very well constructed dish. As the plates were being cleared, the server asked how the food had been. I was honest in saying that the fish had been over salted and overcooked. They kindly comp'd us a dessert, which was a very nice gesture. It's a good restaurant, and they aim to please, obviously. We would go back again, but I would most definitely get the steak. The service was quite good. Wine list is adequate but not outstanding.Special Features:
- scrumptiousILivetoEatDined on 9/7/2014We found Cucina24 to have very good food in a hip yet not cliché atmosphere. Enjoyed a crab appetizer that was scrumptious; a potato-bacon-leek pizza that I’m still dreaming about (it was bigger than the dinner plate); tasted my husband’s hanger steak - it was perfection. Focaccia was bland & miniscule (the whole ‘appetizer’ – which was not complementary - was smaller than a deck of cards). For me, the open kitchen concept underscores straightforwardness & integrity … I like to see the chef running the show. We’ve lived in big cities; we travel; we have a good frame of restaurant reference. We will be back to try other items since the menu is inventive & changes frequently.Special Features:
- Beautiful Setting; delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014So pleased with our meal at Cucina 24. Gorgeous restaurant and delicious food.Special Features:
- great tastesdennisDined on 9/3/2014was fantastic experience. had the striped bass awesomeSpecial Features:
- Cucina 24- ExcellentMP831Dined on 8/31/2014This is the third time I have dinner at Cucina 23, as before it did not disappoint. Our waiter Stevie was excellent, very attentive without hovering! Food was delicious, 4 entries and all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was exceptional.KarchieDined on 8/31/2014As a chef I recommend this restaurant. I had some of the best scallops I have ever tasted. Seared outside and tender as butter inside. The leek sauce was worthy of licking the beautiful plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatinginAshevilleDined on 8/30/2014Cucina 24 is well worth a try. The menu is interesting and different, from the roasted pizzas to the truffle oil option. We shared a couple of salads, two pastas (one with truffles, very yummy), one bolognese (outstanding) and a pizza. All were excellentSpecial Features:
- CEW1Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service in a restaurant with modern decor.Special Features:
- Downtown favorite...Foodie1VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another excellent dining experience. Had the buratta/heirloom tomatoes, beet salad, and pizzas tonight. The wood fired oven makes the thin crust pizzas crispy and well-suited to an individual meal. Rory, our server, is always knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. Menus change daily and reflect availability of fresh foods. Return regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Asheville.RomanocVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was, as always, delicious. The Peaches and Cream dessert was one of the best desserts we've ever had. Every time we dine at Cucina24 we are impressed with the menu selection, and made to feel welcome by the staff. Our server Rory was fantastic. He went above and beyond to ensure our evening was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown restaurant of choice...Foodie1VIPDined on 8/29/2014Always excellent--impeccable service, creative menu/food, pleasant setting. The pork chop is the finest! Also had the red snapper for 2--fresh and tasty. Octopus salad and the appetizer olives were enjoyed by our table. Our favorite choice for downtown dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable attention to Detail2fordinnerDined on 8/27/2014I must say I was impressed with the food, not your run of the mill 3lb serving of spaghetti, instead a well portioned and intensely flavored serving of food. Our server Rory was outstanding and we plan to request him the next time we visit. Its definitely a gem, I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceeds my expectations.Foodie26VIPDined on 8/26/2014I love sitting at the Chef's Bar. If Head Chef/Owner Brian is not to busy he can give you his recommendations off the menu. He has never steered me wrong. I had the Burrata and Heirloom Tomato on grilled bread as an app. I ordered the stripped bass with salsa verde. It was perfectly cooked and light but flavorful. I always leave feeling satisfied and that the meal was worth every penny. It's one of my favorite places to eat in downtown.Special Features:
- Great MealWilliamTDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went out for a last minute dinner and decided on Cucina 24. The meal was great. The flavor of both our meals was excellent. We also appreciated the great service at our table. We had a few questions on the menu and they were all able to be answered well. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Fresh, simple, yet packs a powerful flavor punch. I still don't understand why Cucina 24 isn't considered the pinnacle in AshevilleSpecial Features:
- Very Good MealfoodloverDined on 8/16/2014Definitely would recommend this restaurant. Interesting combinations of ingredients but not over the top. It was enjoyable and delicious.Special Features:
- kkilburnsDined on 8/16/2014Overall the dinning experience was satisfactory. The food quality, preparation and presentation was excellent though I thought it was overpriced and the portions were marginally sized.Special Features:
- could be bettertonyqVIPDined on 8/15/2014for its reputation and price i would have expected little more attention to detail. the plates were good but presentations sloppy and portions VERY uneven. same dish (bolognese) for 2 different people looked..... you guessed it!
- GreatherenDined on 8/10/2014Great for a date. The menu changes every day. The food is delicious. And the atmosphere is quiet and geared for adults.
- very disappointedNeanVIPDined on 8/10/2014Last visit was great, had the same pizza as before and this time horrible. Other food ordered between 6 people was very average.
- Good food, ambiance needs some workBarbieDined on 8/9/2014Cucina 24 offers very good food. I had a very delicious pasta with bolognese sauce, and the homemade pasta was cooked perfectly. The sauce was complex and full bodied. I spend every other summer in Italy, and this is easily the best pasta I've had in the US outside of Italy. That said, were we seated in a surprisingly dark, noisy section of the restaurant. I actually asked for a votive candle. The music was too loud and didn't fit the ambiance of the restaurant. Overall, despite the good food, I felt I paid too much for a so, so dining experience.Special Features:
- never disappointsmisseatsDined on 8/8/2014all sooo good. A bit disappointed in the presentation of the scallop ceviche. looked like it was dashed onto the plate with no thought put into it; it occupied the right third of the plate as if hugging the rim.Special Features:
- We took company thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Our company from south Fla were pretty picky and nixed several other restaurants we had suggested. They finally agreed to Cucina24 and we were all very delightfully satisfied with the meal, service, ambience ... everything!Special Features:
- pricingtotalfoodieDined on 8/3/2014We were very put off that an Italian Restaurant at this level would a) Charge for bread. b). wine by the glass $12! (Same wine $7 everywhere else.) The snapper seafood dish was bland. The best dish was the procuitto with figs.
- Great Food and ServicedrjimlewisDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Cucina 24 on August 3, and the food and service were excellent. The waitress was able to tell us the differences between two different bottles of Italian wine, and offered us a sample. The wine we ordered was spot on (we didn't sample it first). It also paired very well with the food. I ordered a fish soup and my wife ordered scallops. We had a cheese tray and raw oysters for starters, and all were superb. They make wood-fired pizzas and have gelato for dessert. The oysters were fresh and the three varieties my wife tried were so good she wanted to bring home the shells. We highly recommend this restaurant for dining--as opposed to just casual eating. The menu is small but has very good variety.Special Features:
- Downtown Asheville treatJudyMDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten here several times previously and it remains a good choice for dinner in Asheville although entrees were less inviting and our favorite dessert, olive oil cake, was no longer on the menu. We ordered the wood-fired pizzas, which were delicious, large, and reasonably priced. The peach and bacon pizza was especially delicious. The cherry buttermilk gelato with a little Italian cookie was a bit bland but light and refreshing and reasonably priced at only $4. Service was good and the ambiance is inviting. Location in downtown is a plus.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceNoCoDinesVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a terrific meal at Cucina24! We ordered the tasting menu and it was a fantastic mix of experimental, "foodie" courses and traditional courses. Everything was beautifully presented and tasted fabulous. We loved being able to see the kitchen from our table and communicate with the Chefs while we enjoyed our amazing food. The chocolate dessert was also fabulous! Chef Brian is coming to Raleigh for a special event and we are heartbroken that it's sold out. We would love to have another meal prepared by him!!Special Features:
- Not for meMouthTougueStomachVIPDined on 8/1/2014Nothing specific to complain about but the menu and food was sort of "farm to table snooty"but not actually that satisfying. I had a cantaloupe avocado salad and also a beet goat cheese appetizer and a scallops main all fine but also dull. My companions had two kinds of pizza which also didn't make our heartbeats race. Totally adequate I am sure.Nice folks great service. But I won't go back with this menu.
- Outstanding in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The wait staff was knowledgeable about everything on the menu even though it changes daily. The service was the best we have had since we last visited NY. The food was prepared elegantly and was flavorful, fresh and served hot. We could not have been more pleased.Special Features:
- Great valuebeefeaterVIPDined on 7/19/2014The tasting menu is our favorite. Not only do you get the chef's best, but it's also a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, small portionsDurhamBullDined on 7/18/2014Excellent pasta - everyone loved their dishes, but man are the portions small (or "European sized" as described to us by the waiter). My in-laws split their meal and their plates we're embarrassingly bereft of actual food; maybe three actual pieces of pasta to go with their two shrimps each on their pappardelle. Also, having to pay $3 for table bread is a little annoying, although to be fair they do provide a few baked breadsticks pro-bono. All that said, the food was delicious and we probably are better off the the small portions, but it would be nice if it came with small prices, too. Such is life!
- AshevilleResidentDined on 7/18/2014Highly recommend this restaurant. Excellent food and service, no complaints whatsoever.Special Features:
- Family dnnerNicoleEGVIPDined on 7/15/2014We went here with our blended families and sally enjoyed the food. The duck was wonderful! My only complaint would be having to wait and hour to get our food.Special Features:
- Friendly servicecanzyDined on 7/13/2014We were early for our 7PM reservation so we got a wonderful corner booth and settled into the comfortable cushions . Our server , Steve, was excellent . We ordered a bottle of reasonably priced Montepulciano and it was delicious . We shared a summer salad and husband ordered the pasta with bolognese sauce. This was not on the menu but had been featured on the website and is my husband's favorite and Steve assured us that the chef had made some that day. Very delicious . I had pappardele with a fresh tomato sauce. Very good. We would go back to Cucina 24.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menulovetoeatDined on 7/11/2014We went to dinner and decided to enjoy the tasting menu. We tried everything from oysters to octopus, duck, salmon, and it was all delicious. The only thing that was a bit risky for them to put on this tasting was a hot pepper dish. Service was friendly and efficient and the room was beautiful. We had a great evening with friends from out of town. I highly recommend eating here!Special Features:
- Disappointed in our meal on Wed 7/9ExpectingmoreDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I had been to Cucina 24 in January and had two great meals. This week, after many rave reviews, we took a group of six, only to be embarrassed. The oyster appetizer can only be described as a joke, since they were the size of my "pinkie" and should have never been on the menu. The wild mushroom pasta dish had a total of three mushrooms and lots of corn on a pile of rather dry pasta. No one in the group had an outstanding dish. I would not recommend again.Special Features:
- limited menuashevilledelightDined on 7/6/2014my husband loves the restaurant but was concerned with the different, small menu. However the choices were excellent. He had the hanger steak and I had the duck. The hanger steak was tasty and tender. the sides were great. My duck wasn't tender but still was excellent and tasty. I often choose because of the sides (okra and corn). Then came the dessert and liquors. There was only one conyac but the waiter suggested the good bourbans and different bitters. My husband ordered bourban with the dandelion bitter. It knocked his socks off. We had the pizelles and ice cream. It was great.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014I was looking for a nice dinner for our 15th anniversary close to our hotel in downtown Asheville, and was recommended Cucina 24 by the concierge. Our table for two was in back room with several others, close but not exactly intimate. We got a few great oysters with minced scallion, an excellent salmon/melon starter, an outstanding barata with cashews and mildly curried sauteed carrots (best of evening), squash blossoms fried with crab centers (great) and a very well prepared nc drum split between the two of us. Our service was phenomenal, a perfect level of attentiveness with a dash of originality and humor. We would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.