728 N. Milwaukee Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.getcubanitas.com/
- Phone: 4142251760
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering menu for off premise parties as well. Email us at email@example.com for catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: The entire restaurant is available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Marta Bianchini 4142251760
- Special Events: Contact Marta at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414.291.3773 anytime for on-premise or off-premise party planning.
A word from Cubanitas
Cubanitas is the city's first, and only, entirely Cuban restaurant. Cubanitas not only serves up a thirst-quenchingly delicious mojito, the appetizers and entrée items carry through the simple flavors and fresh ingredients that are the mark of good Cuban cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cubanitas reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great place to celebrate a birthdayJohnnyVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great service, and great Monday night special. It was the perfect ambiance for a birthday celebration! Look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner Before SummerfestbarbcDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I chose Cubanitas due to its proximity to our Marriott hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere, staff and especially the food, which was fresh and delicious. The mojito was wonderful, and we particularly enjoyed the spinach and cheese empanada, pork tamale and grilled chicken with lime, garlic and pineapple. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- DeliciosoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014I've had food from Cubanitas before but never was able to sit down at the restaurant before. Finally were able to reserve a table for our anniversary. It didn't disappoint! When you go, you must order their guacamole & plantain chips - they are perfection. For dinner, y husband ordered the Cuban sandwich & I ordered the Tilapia dinner. Both were really good! Can't wait to go back to order more.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the Cubanitas reviews archive.
- Happy valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had valentines dinner here. Staff were all very friendly. Food was delicious. I had eaten here shortly after they originally opened and enjoyed it then too. I was surprised it wasn't completely packed but it was quite cold outside. After dinner we stopped a few doors down at indulge for some wine and truffles. That was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPandGDined on 2/13/2014Went for a dinner on a Thursday night. First time at Cubanitas so made reservations for 6 pm, but really didn't need them. Service was immediate and friendly...we both had an original mojito which were great. Had the guac and plantain chips which were excellent. Wife was reluctant because she thought plantains would be sweet, but they were just like potato chips in the shape of long banana slices. A Cuban friend recommended we try the Cuban sandwich. We did and it was awesome, very authentic thanks to the bread used. We also ordered the Thursday special which was pork and potatoes in a red sauce. This was also very good, tender and tasty. Had espresso and flan. Flan was fantastic. Service was super quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Cubanitas on Wednesday,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014We went to Cubanitas on Wednesday, 2/5, at 5:15 pm and it was very quiet with only 1 other couple. The waiter we had was very helpful and efficient. The food was good and we enjoyed everything. We will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time a hit!Nanski622VIPDined on 12/2/2013Loved our food! Our waitress was the best explaining our questions about food selections! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change of paceBillDined on 10/3/2013Casual dining and great Caribbean dishes. Friendly service and quaint ambience. Great pre theater or ballet dinner as it's walk able to the Pabst and Marcus Center.Special Features:
- Service was great.! ThereFdExplorerDined on 5/29/2013Service was great.! There is a place to eat outside. We chose to sit inside, but the front of the restaurant opens up as the fresh air flows through. Best of both worlds. The food was very good. I shared the cuban guacamole with plantain chips. The guacamole was extraordinary. The chips perfect. We also shared the green plantains , They were perfectly done. Accompanying garlic based dipping sauce, did not appeal to me . personal taste issue rather than criticism. The sandwich was very good, the bread, unique and crisp and not bready. There about 5:00 and it was quiet I think that later it gets more lively. That's when I was unable to get a table. Looked fun.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2013I had a reservation for 6 and, when we arrived, the table was not set up. It's like they were not expecting us. The service was very slow. My food was served luke warm. It looked like it had been sitting for a while before being brought to the table. This restaurant was recommended to me so it was a very disappointing experience.
- Great food and excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013Great food and excellent service. What else do you need?Special Features:
- Perfect nightFallstaffDined on 2/14/2013Took my wife here for St. Valentine's Day. The staff was incredibly friendly. The food was fantastic. My wife said it was the best Valentine's day she has ever had. We had a perfect night.Special Features:
- One of the few places to getOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013One of the few places to get good plantains. Don't sit by the door if it is cold out. If it is warm then sit near the front. Take recommendations from your server.Special Features:
- Excellent Cuban sandwich andepsharonDined on 8/8/2012Excellent Cuban sandwich and the Camerones were very tasty as well.Special Features:
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2012Overall it was good. The music was a bit loud making conversation Challenging. Also, they had the windows and Doors open which was allowing all the heat and humidity in which made for a warm experience. Will definately go back when it's cooler outside.Special Features:
- Food was ok, I really wishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2012Food was ok, I really wish I had ordered the Cuban pot roast, instead I got the shrimp which was mediocre. Portions are not very large for what you pay. Atmosphere is very good, service was excellent. However they forgot the pickle in my guests Cuban sandwhich and there was broken glass in her drink as well... I recommend this place under the assumption these things will not happen again.Special Features:
- Loved the plantain chips andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2012Loved the plantain chips and guacamole, but the rest was so-so. My husband ordered the special of the the day and it was cold! Of all the menu items that should be hot, it should be the special.
- We made an 8.15PM reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2012We made an 8.15PM reservation via Open Table. However, we got there and was told that the wait would be about a 1/2 hour. What's the point of making a reservation if we had to wait??? By the time we got seated for dinner, it was 9PM which was 45 minutes after our reservation time. I am surprised we didn't get comped for our meal or at least a discount for making us wait that long with reservations!Special Features:
- Had a reservation but regardlessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Had a reservation but regardless had to wait 20 minutes at the bar... I wasn't too impressed with the apathy of the host in regard to that gaffe.Special Features:
- We celebrated a graduationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011We celebrated a graduation and a birthday on 12/23. Service, food and ambiance were all perfect. Thank you for a lovely evening! Dr. Mary Beth DuffeySpecial Features:
- Always a great meal. AuthenticMeSeaDined on 12/10/2011Always a great meal. Authentic Cuban preparations.Special Features:
- Great family restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2011Though my wife and I have enjoyed Cubanitas for years, this is the first time we brought our children (8 yr, 5 yr, & infant). The service was quick and friendly. The food was tasty as always, and our children enjoyed it. They tried their first plantains, yucca root, and virgin mojito. I asked the bartender for something fruity for the kids to drink and he happily obliged. We will definitely return with the kids again and highly recommend it to other families. It helped that we were there at 4pm before it became very busy.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2011One of our favorite places in Milwaukee! Food is phenomenal, plantain chips with guac are one of the best things on the menu. Have never had a bad meal there. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Second time at Cubanitas --surfkansasDined on 7/12/2011Second time at Cubanitas -- will return again. Great food. Good service. Authentic environment. Should note -- even tho' reservation was made on OpenTable, and confirmed, they do not take reservations. Still no problem.Special Features:
- Second time the Cubanitas,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Second time the Cubanitas, once again great service, great drinks, and great food. I recommend the Caipirinha if you are looking for a strong yet yet sweet drink, this was the first time I had one and I will be having it again! Must have the plantains with Cuban guacamole. I would recommend turning the lights down a little for the dinner hour, felt a little like a cafeteria with the lights so bright. Almost seemed like last call. Overall great place and I will be back!!!
- we made online reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011we made online reservations for saturday night and received confirmation online, but when we arrived we were told Cubinita's does not take reservations on saturday's. fortunately, there was not a long wait.Special Features:
- LOVE the food and the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011LOVE the food and the music was a little loud, but not too distracting. The table I had reserved was not ready when I got there so they had to put a table together last minute and it was right next to the door. IT WAS FREEZING, hard to enjoy the good food when every 10 minutes someone is opening that door! I never took my coat off.Special Features:
- They can take the reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2010They can take the reservation. They can't hold the reservation, which is the most important.
- Food was terrific and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2010Food was terrific and it was a fin place for new years eve dinner.Special Features:
- We went on New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2010We went on New Year's Eve which of course was going to be super busy, so it felt crowded. However, the staff was friendly, attentive, and quick from the Host to the Waitress to the bus person. The atamosphere was fun and the food very good. i look forward to trying this place again when it isn't a holiday.Special Features:
- Having had great Cuban foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2010Having had great Cuban food in both Havana and other Caribbean countries, this was pretty poor. I could not recommend this place to others. I have a lead on a true Cuban place in Walker's Point area I plan to visit.
- We had a great time. We tookOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010We had a great time. We took the whole family and everybody found something that they enjoyed. Atmoshhere was fun and staff very friendly. Food was prompt and delicious.Special Features:
- I have heard so many wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2010I have heard so many wonderful things about Cubanitas so I took the New Years Eve opportunity to bring 3 of my close friends to dine at this restaurant. The host was pleasant and the bartender was fabulous - she boasted great energy and took great care of us. When we were seated, our server told us that it was her 21st birthday and she was leaving at 9:00pm whether or not she had tables, her lack of professionalism was surprising. Our food came out promptly and each of us was disappointed with the taste and doneness of our food. We told our server and she said there was nothing she could do about it and said there was no manager we could speak to. When we received the bill she wrote on it "hope your night is better than your food."
- We really enjoyed the friedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2010We really enjoyed the fried plantains and guacamole. We had the empanadas and the fried tilapia, both of which were fairly bland. The atmosphere was good and the service was prompt, attentive, and friendly.Special Features:
- Cubanitas was so noisy thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2010Cubanitas was so noisy that we could not enjoy conversation with the others at our table. The 6 of us in our family had gone out to celebrate a birthday and early Mother's Day, but could not hear each other over the noise. Not only were people talking loudly, but there was music playing over the speakers in the restaurant. Perhaps if there was not music playing, people would not have had to talk so loudly. My husband was bothered so much that he almost got up and left in the middle of the meal. Unfurtunately, even though the food was good, the experience was not, and we will not be back.
- Great food, excellent service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2010Great food, excellent service, wonderful drinks. Had a great time.Special Features:
- Cubanitas was wonderful asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Cubanitas was wonderful as always... the food, the drinks, the atmosphere. It can't be beat. A gem in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Excellent drinks, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2010Excellent drinks, good food, great server, staff works great within a small space.Special Features:
- Food was awesome! I reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009Food was awesome! I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the plantains and black beans and rice were very authentic!Special Features: