70 North 6th
Brooklyn, NY 11249Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cubanasocial.com/
- Phone: 7187823334
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Friday 12:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 10:00 am - 3:00am
Sunday: 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Simon Lange
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for catering on site and off. Contact for details & menu.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz, Roots, Afro-Cuban, World Music Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays.
Carefully selected tracks & mixes to pair with your Cubana Social eats & cocktails.
- Special Events: Available for private parties, weddings, showers, film & photo shoots, catering, crew holding, & rehearsal dinners.
A word from Cubana Social
Empanadas, Rum Bar, & Organic Restaurant in Williamsburg Brooklyn serving Cuban/Caribbean inspired eats, espresso, & classic cocktails with a Brooklyn rooted focus on homemade, local, seasonal, & organic. Converted from an industrial factory, the space draws inspiration from the bustling cafes, nightclubs, & art deco cabarets of Havana’s 1930s-1950s hey-day & serves as a hub for community, culture, & music from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cubana Social reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (5)good for groups (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Little HavanaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, good looking staff with a cool atmosphere, classic movies & live music! Started w/ a black bean hummus & followed that up with the ropa vieja that was seasoned just right, very nice job. I will definitely be back, thank you Cuban Social!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun PlaceLisaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The music was lively and the atmosphere conjures up 1940's social clubs in Havana for sure. The food was spot and very flavorful. The waitress didn't write the order down and inevitably forgot something (little pet peeve of mine)! Servers write it down! She was lovely otherwise. Reasonabley priced and nice night out.Special Features:
- Too noisyTequilagalVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was not as good as the last time we were there. Not bad though. The music was so loud we couldn't hear the other couple we were with. It was very distracting. So it made for a not so enjoyable evening. We were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transported to HavanaSmilingCandleDined on 6/28/2014Love the variety of food, got seated right away with Open Table reservation. Live music was wonderful but could still have a conversation and not shout at each other. Got the Yuca Fries, Crispy Avocado, Kale for sharing. Empanadas, Black Bean burgers and sides were all fantastic. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options were refreshing this hot summer's evening. GF, Veg and Vegan options.Special Features:
- Slow service, mediocre foodRayCharlezDined on 6/1/2014After making a reservation on open table (albeit very last minute) my friends and I were excited to try cubana social for Sunday brunch. The hostess was flustered -- "open table let you book so last minute?i thought we shut it down... We're really backed up". We were served our cocktails after 15-20 minutes... Mine came 15 minutes after my friends' drinks. The food was mediocre -- plantains flavorless, cold and dry, bacon so-so, decent eggs. We waited about 30minutes for it too. AND after all that, the bill took ages annnd the charge was incorrect. Needless to say: not a positive experience.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Cubana Social reviews archive.
- Nice Mother's Day brunchRoseAnneDined on 5/11/2014We had a very nice Mother's Day brunch at the Cubana Social. Food was good and our waitress so sweet and professional. Thank you Lisa for making our time at the Cubana Social so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatbritgirlVIPDined on 3/26/2014Cubana is one of my favourite restaurants in Williamsburg. Wednesday is burger night; greatest veggie bean burger ive had. Great place to take people to introduce them to Cuban food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, casualEnjoyDiningDined on 3/15/2014If you're looking for good food but in a casual setting this is it. The menu is limited. I went with a large group, everyone in my party enjoyed their food, from cuban sandwiches to the lechon. I wasn't impressed with their drink menu, not much of a variety. The website noted there is a live band on Saturdays, unfortunately there isn't one anymore. We were looking forward to listening to live music. Overall we had a nice time.Special Features:
- Great FindLizzie23Dined on 3/14/2014Went for a quick after work drinks with a friend, ended up staying for dinner. Empanadas were awesome! Mojitos were delicious and SCRUMPTIOUS Yuca Fritas! Will return with friends again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014It was a spur of the moment date night for my girlfriend and I. Unfortunately ideas were limited, so we chose to come to Cubana Social as we've been here before. But something went wrong with a supply delivery and there was no food to prepare. However the Bar and music were in full effect, and people looked happy. At the moment, I wasn't happy as I was real hungry, and the crankiness was setting in. The hostess provided my girlfriend with drink tickets for a future visit, which really shows how far the establishment will go to make things right. That made me feel better. Not the drinks, but the effort. We did not stay because both of us were hungry, but are definitely looking forward to a future visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in fun neighborhoodDCLisaDined on 3/1/2014Took my 20- something kids there during visit from DC. Mohitos were perfect though small. Kale and avocado unusual. Delish. Empanadas light and yummy. Chicken great. Shredded pork a little too vinegary. Fun lively place- noisy but happy. We all loved it. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I felt like I was in Cubaoutput9211Dined on 2/14/2014Food was tasty and flavorful. Good relaxed environment. Smooth music (weekends) jazz . good drinks whiskey sour with egg white amazing. Good date spotSpecial Features:
- Nice Place!LoriVIPDined on 1/8/2014Looked for a place close to Williamsburg Music Hall and found this on UrbanSpoon. The place is right next door so it was super convenient. So glad I did! Such a nice place! From the moment we walked in we were treated so nicely with smiles all around. We were sat on the stage which was kind of cool. The person who sat us joked around after we ate that we were expected to perform something. Love a sense of humor! A couple of solid vegetarian choices (I had the veggie burger) and friend had Cuban sandwich and raved about it while scarfing it down. Good food, good service, decent price...what's not to love.Special Features:
- Great Dinner and Great AmbiancesmlopezVIPDined on 12/13/2013Had a small dinner there with some friends - to see each other before the holidays. We each (3) were very pleased w the food (taste, quality, freshness etc) and the cocktails were great too. Live music starts at 9pm. Its at a very classy, social level of music - complimentary for cocktails, conversation, dessert etc....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cubana Social is a great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/26/2013Cubana Social is a great spot in Williamsburg, the food is really good and well priced. I had the cubana and split the empanada appetizer and enjoyed both. The service was good and I was suprised at how empty the restaurant was but may have been due to the rainy/ cold weeknight that I went. Definitely recommend it and want to go back for brunch!Special Features:
- nice and friendlyannyVIPDined on 11/23/2013the rum toast was excellenet...we also order the empanadas....the duck confit....OMG it's so good. Me and my 2 children went there for brunch sat and the wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The decor was very cute with a projection tv playing Charlie Brown cartoon...so classic The Bloody Maria with the pickled green beans...YUMMY!! I def go back...Special Features:
- A bit underwhelmingreviewerXDined on 11/8/2013Good service and ambiance, but the food and drink were mediocre. Don't waste your money on their mojitos or wine.
- good food..slow servicefrankieDined on 11/2/2013They took us right in with our open table reservation, but... it took 10 minutes to get water.. another 10 fr our drinks and 50 min for our apps (I stopped counting for our actual entrees).. we wasn't sure if it was our waitress (who always seemed to be MIA) or if the kitchen was backed up.. its a good thing we wasn't starving.. the food was good.. definately a good place for some drinks & apps w friends.. the "live band" started setting up when we arrived & hadn't even started when we left 2 hrs later (they looked very confused most of the time).. overall, food was good, drinks were okay, service was slow...would I go again? Yes, but only if I'm not starving & have alotta time to kill...Special Features:
- I love this placebritgirlVIPDined on 11/2/2013I came across Cubana Social when out in Williamsberg a few weeks. I finally went there and I thoroughly enjoyed myself and did not want to leave. The music and whole atmosphere was very good. I ordered what the server recommended and was greatly pleased, fish tacos. The service was excellent. I love the style of place and will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEBajanChefDined on 11/1/2013Had an exceptional time, I drove over an hour to get there and it was well worth the drive. Service was excellent, the food was exceptional. My wife and I enjoyed every minute of it. Not to forget the live music which was superb. I would take the drive from New Jersey any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good.CubanoVIPDined on 10/26/2013The food was pretty good. Cubano was tasty. Drinks were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely LOVE this placespicy13VIPDined on 10/17/2013Discovered it once randomly while walking in Williamsburg and vowed to return and it was just as great the 2nd time as it was the 1st! The food is so fresh and delicious. The drinks are all so different but delicious. It is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomechrisTDined on 9/18/2013I took my wife out for her birthday and the place was very intimate but at the same time it had a busy noise level. The food was so good, I had the cubano sandhwich with fries on the side and it was amazingly good. My wife had the ropa vieja and it had such good flavor and the portions were great. We also had the 3 for 10 empanadas and they were so fresh and homemade tatsing, we enjoyed every bit of it. The only thing we didnt enjoy was that all the food came out at once. We thought the empanadas would be an appetizer. Also the drinks were a bit small and pricey.Special Features:
- Like no otherKPeezyDined on 8/30/2013I had a wonderful dinner with a friend on a Friday night. We had the special which was sustainably caught monkfish in tostone tacos. It was a perfect balance of savory and sweet mouthwatering goodness. The chef is incredibly creative and the plates are beautiful. We also had the reliably nourishing and delicious Kale and avocado salad which I would recommend to anyone and everyone. It is like nothing you've tried in any other neighborhood restaurants' attempts at a Kale salad. The Kale is blanched and tossed with olive oil, lime, fresh avocado and ceviche red onions. And its a generous helping that's guaranteed to satisfy. Our cocktails were outstanding and their are so many house original creations. Don't miss out on this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.