222 Thompson Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cubanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 420-7878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 12pm -4pm Dinner: Sun - Thu 4pm - 11pm; Fri & Sat 4pm - 12am Brunch: Sat & Sun 12pm 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Mario Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater to large and small groups.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant offers a little terrace with the warmth of everyday life of Havana. Downstairs is a lounge, excellent for private parties with an intimate atmosphere, good music and well stocked bar.
- Entertainment: Cuba offers live Music from Thursday to Saturday featuring the Best in Cuban and Latin Music.
- Special Events: we have 3 different private rooms for up to 35 people for a sit down dinner or up to 50 for a cocktail reception.
A word from Cuba
The romantic Milieu of Cuba effortlessly transports you from Manhattan to Havana. Cuba offers live music and a menu filled with delicious traditional cuisine. The restaurant offers a fascinating and charming escape to its own "Little Havana on Thompson Street".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Cuba reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (49)hot spot (42)good for groups (38)romantic (36)special occasion (26)late-night find (14)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (10)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- I LOVE THIS PLACE!TheMurrayVIPDined on 11/18/2014I enjoy myself every time I dine here and they make the best gazpacho I have ever had. Of course I should have known it wouldn't be on the menu in November, instead I had a delicious butternut squash soup. Our party had the crispy red snapper, arroz con pollo, skirt steak and peruvian corn- all amazing. Wonderful service and atmosphere, I highly recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs feweroldsssDined on 11/13/2014Needs fewer tables or more space. Tables are much too close together. Additionally, tables and furniture need either to used as firewood or re-finished. Food as usual was quite good.Special Features:
- Food Could've Been BetterJessVIPDined on 11/9/2014I visit Cuba frequently for brunch but not for dinner that often. I was a bit disappointed with the food this time. I had the salmon tartare which had way too many capers in it and the best part of the dish was the avocado. I also had the squash soup which had a strange sweetness to it that I did not enjoy either. The camarones al ajillo were just okay. I would prefer to stick with brunch where I know that menu has better options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is deliciousBLTRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 11/9/2014Drinks are on point from the mimosas, bloody mary and sangria. Food wise I've had the yuquita frita, tostones rellenos, marinero wrap, benedict habaneros, pollo manigua and the huevos rancheros which are all perfectly seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful cuban food and energyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Loved the food, service, and the man rolling cuban cigars in the corner. What a cool touch. The live band was amazing too, but since the place is small, the noise volume was a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful time...JeffDined on 11/4/2014I went to Cuba for a birthday dinner with a good friend and we both had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- SusanVDGSusanVDGDined on 10/31/2014This is a charming neighborhood restaurant - great location, delicious food and drinks and its just a great place to be and also to take out of town friends. Good prices and good fun.Special Features:
- Flan and mojitos are the bestMD24VIPDined on 10/25/2014First of all if you don't like being cramped into a small place, then don't go. I love their tropical mojito drinks, it's so refreshing and made perfect. I've been looking for churrasco the way they make it in puerto rico. So far the few places I've been to haven't come close to tasting like churrasco in puerto rico. Churrasco at Cuba was okay, i felt that it lacked seasoning. otherwise, my bf's red snapper was great. If you do get dessert get the flan. it's so fresh and just melted in my mouth. I would go back just for the flan and the mojitos.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceJennifer21VIPDined on 10/25/2014I've been to this restaurant 4 or 5 times, and I am never disappointed. The food is fantastic, and the lively atmosphere is a great way to start a night out in the city. You can't go wrong with live music, and hand rolled cigars! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for delicious food, and a fun experience.Special Features:
- Great for brunchReshDined on 10/25/2014I went with my girlfriends for brunch and it was absolutely perfect. The waiters never let us wait for drinks and always had suggestions ready when we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rose624VIPDined on 10/21/2014I've been to this restaurant before and really enjoyed the Cuban food. This time I got the duck with pumpkin dish which was just ok. I'd go back again and stick to the seafood dishes which are delicious.
- Excellent!berrekerreDined on 10/12/2014Being half Cuban I am a HUGE judge at all Cuban restaurants. This restaurant having the most stars in the NYC area, I chose to come here for my birthday. All I have to say is the pork, with the beans, and the yucca....I felt like I was at my grandmothers eating xmas dinner! A little pricey for a table of two but well worth it!Special Features:
- Brunch MenuSadPescatarianDined on 10/12/2014I am a huge fan of Cuba and have been going for years. Prior to brunch, I checked the brunch menu specifically and decided what I would order. I made the recommendation for us to have a "girls brunch" at Cuba because of the menu. I was surprised that the menu had changed. The waiter confirmed that one of the dishes could be made but, I would have to pay the dinner price. A manager wasn't on site to address our issue. I was extremely disappointed with the food options as I do NOT eat meat. My meal consisted of dinner appetizers which were really expensive and small portions. Drinks were great. But, I probably won't be returning for brunch. My overall recommendation is that Cuba update the website to make the menus consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersFatgirl8heartDined on 10/11/2014My boyfriend visited Cuba based solely on recommendations from Yelp. It was a congratulatory dinner for him so I needed somewhere nice. We visited another restaurant with Cuban cuisine earlier in the week with friends and the food was horrible. But Cuba is our new gem we loved everything, from the appetizers to the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend it!MsFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Invited friends for dinner, they loved it! Starters and Entrees are delicious and affordable! Recommended for those who enjoy music and like to be in cozy settings.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerRoseDined on 10/7/2014Took my bf here for his birthday on a Tuesday perfect portion of food and awesome taste, not to crowded very romantic and the drinks were awesome. I would try it again on a weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDaneDined on 10/7/2014Have ben here tree years ago and the time has not done anything good for the food. Dry chicken, cold rice (had to return in the microwave, flat taste. Has the place changed chef or owner?
- Proposal NightCubaNJDined on 9/26/2014I have been to Cuba restaurant with my girlfriend on numerous occasions and is one of her favorites. I proposed to her on Friday and the staff was very helpful assisting with a reservation request I made. The food, ambience, live music and staff as always were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As I RememberedLiveLearnLoveLaughDined on 9/20/2014I've been going to Cuba for quite some time, but my last visit was a few years ago. This dining experience was not as I remembered from past dining experiences. The wait was almost an hour long, but the manager gave us a drink on the house while we waited. The bartender was amazing. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name, but he was at the first floor bar. The food was tasty, but the portions were much smaller than before. I had to order another appetizer just to feel full. Overall, we enjoyed our food and the dining experience. The people were friendly and the music was nice. I don't recommend coming on an empty stomach because you may need to spend a lot more to leave feeling full.Special Features:
- Crowded and Loud but SOOO GoodCoconnorVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is not a place for quiet romantic dinners. The tables are very close together, the music is loud and the food is amazing! The spicy pork is crunchy and moist. The plantain stuffed chicken breast is done perfectly. The beans and rice are just want you want from a Cuban restaurant - spicy but not overpowered by too much of any one thing. We ordered the sauteed corn and it was large and chewy and very flavorful. It goes without saying they know how to make a Mojito. We were actually in Cuba (the country) a few years ago and were so disappointed with the food. Take it from us, Cuba the restaurant is easier to get to, more fun and the food is better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty hot spotMattAVIPDined on 9/19/2014Very good, reasonably priced food in an energetic environment. Cool music and people. Not a place to go for a leisurely quiet dinner, and somewhat cramped seating, but I'd recommend it.Special Features:
- Always a treat!hugjenDined on 9/18/2014A favorite place to come back to with new and old friends. Never had a bad experience here. Food is delicious, staff is friendly and helpful making choices. Cocktails are to die for ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We had a great dinner at Cuba. We sat downstairs and our waiter was attentive and helpful. It was our first time eating Cuban, and his recommendations were great. It's a small cozy restaurant and we were happy to be downstairs. The noise-level upstairs was pretty high. The food was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- My new go-to spotRockShrimpBoyVIPDined on 9/13/2014They won me over from my old Washington Square spot. Hostest was nice and accommodating, no problem with my rezzie, small but sufficient two-top (tables way too close together, though), good service overall (though spotty and switch-hitting servers to start), very solid drinks, awesome menu (some dishes I wanted more of the next morning!), good prices (for the area), and, most importantly, they honored the flavors and roots of traditional Cuban cuisine while very successfully elevating them to meet modern culinary standards. Unpretentious, relaxed, and welcoming, though still classy and refined. Winner winner, Cuban dinner!!!Special Features:
- Great buzz and fantastic steakRSUWSDined on 9/12/2014Chose Cuba as we were looking for decent food and a great atmosphere with a small group. Delighted with our choice - wonderful mojitos and the starters and mains hit the spot.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Food was well seasoned and tasty. This is my new hot spot. I tried the salmon and pork both. No wait time. Drinks are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Ordered their mojitos and skirt steak, and was very happy with my choices! Great ambiance, service and experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food but noisyNoisyDined on 8/23/2014My husband went for date night. Food, drinks & service were excellent but it was so noisy we couldn't hear each other. It was Saturday night- maybe another night would be better if you want more of an intimate experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Cuba had great food and atmosphere. The service was prompt and ready to jump at our every need. We sat in the downstairs room which had the energy of upstairs but was a little quieter and easy to talk to each other. We loved the free cigars at the end of the night as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We have never been disappointed by the service, food, the excitement of being in Cuba. They made my sister 80th birthday an extra special one, and I want to Thank You all.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I chose Cuba for out anniversary dinner this year. The food was amazing and our waiter Tony was great! The sangria was good. Good was served in a timely manner. The only complaint is that it is a very small space. The staff moves the tables out and in for you to get out when needed and if busy you could be sitting I. Too Of another patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST TIME BUT WILL RETURNSHARPKNIFEVIPDined on 8/22/2014Cuba was a great restaurant. The food was excellent and the drinks to die for. Next time in NYC, I will return.Special Features:
- Authentic Cuban CuisineCubanPrinceDined on 8/16/2014When it comes to Cuban Food & Cuban Vibe, this is the place. Awesome food, fast service, fantastic drinks and the energy rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestDonniej53VIPDined on 8/15/2014Went for my wife's birthday. Our favorate spot. Always treated like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent!! Everything on the menu taste great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Neighborhood Gathering PlacecgyghmboVIPDined on 8/7/2014Sit upstairs - we were downstairs and the ambiance is not great. We have been there several times and the service has been slow each time. This time it was very slow until about 9pm when our food arrived. They mix other ethnic varieties in the menu which is interesting (like Mexican and Spanish dishes). But the food is decent and they have a guy rolling cigars in the window (cigars are not good). Sometimes they have a cuban band playing which is fun.
- Cuba in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Exceptional authentic Cuban food and drinks. Great atmosphere and staff you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLovecuba2014Dined on 8/2/20143 visits later and I am still a satisfied diner. Food is classic Cuban and never disappointed with any selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 968 reviews are from the Cuba reviews archive.
- Small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2014We shared several of the appetizers and sides. Extremely pleased! Drinks were also delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best vaca frita in the citydoninnyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Seriously. The best. I've had much Cuban food in Miami, and this ranks as one of the best.Special Features: