222 Thompson Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cubanyc.com/
- Phone: 2124207878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 12pm -4pm Dinner: Sun - Thu 4pm - 11pm; Fri & Sat 4pm - 12am Brunch: Sat & Sun 12pm 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Mario Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater to large and small groups.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant offers a little terrace with the warmth of everyday life of Havana. Downstairs is a lounge, excellent for private parties with an intimate atmosphere, good music and well stocked bar.
- Entertainment: Cuba offers live Music from Thursday to Saturday featuring the Best in Cuban and Latin Music.
- Special Events: we have 3 different private rooms for up to 35 people for a sit down dinner or up to 50 for a cocktail reception.
A word from Cuba
The romantic Milieu of Cuba effortlessly transports you from Manhattan to Havana. Cuba offers live music and a menu filled with delicious traditional cuisine. The restaurant offers a fascinating and charming escape to its own "Little Havana on Thompson Street".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Cuba reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (38)special occasion (35)romantic (34)hot spot (31)great for brunch (22)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (16)late-night find (15)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent food but noisyNoisyDined on 8/23/2014My husband went for date night. Food, drinks & service were excellent but it was so noisy we couldn't hear each other. It was Saturday night- maybe another night would be better if you want more of an intimate experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Cuba had great food and atmosphere. The service was prompt and ready to jump at our every need. We sat in the downstairs room which had the energy of upstairs but was a little quieter and easy to talk to each other. We loved the free cigars at the end of the night as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We have never been disappointed by the service, food, the excitement of being in Cuba. They made my sister 80th birthday an extra special one, and I want to Thank You all.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I chose Cuba for out anniversary dinner this year. The food was amazing and our waiter Tony was great! The sangria was good. Good was served in a timely manner. The only complaint is that it is a very small space. The staff moves the tables out and in for you to get out when needed and if busy you could be sitting I. Too Of another patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST TIME BUT WILL RETURNSHARPKNIFEVIPDined on 8/22/2014Cuba was a great restaurant. The food was excellent and the drinks to die for. Next time in NYC, I will return.Special Features:
- Authentic Cuban CuisineCubanPrinceDined on 8/16/2014When it comes to Cuban Food & Cuban Vibe, this is the place. Awesome food, fast service, fantastic drinks and the energy rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestDonniej53VIPDined on 8/15/2014Went for my wife's birthday. Our favorate spot. Always treated like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent!! Everything on the menu taste great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Neighborhood Gathering PlacecgyghmboVIPDined on 8/7/2014Sit upstairs - we were downstairs and the ambiance is not great. We have been there several times and the service has been slow each time. This time it was very slow until about 9pm when our food arrived. They mix other ethnic varieties in the menu which is interesting (like Mexican and Spanish dishes). But the food is decent and they have a guy rolling cigars in the window (cigars are not good). Sometimes they have a cuban band playing which is fun.
- Cuba in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Exceptional authentic Cuban food and drinks. Great atmosphere and staff you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLovecuba2014Dined on 8/2/20143 visits later and I am still a satisfied diner. Food is classic Cuban and never disappointed with any selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2014We shared several of the appetizers and sides. Extremely pleased! Drinks were also delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best vaca frita in the citydoninnyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Seriously. The best. I've had much Cuban food in Miami, and this ranks as one of the best.Special Features:
- nyceats222Dined on 7/26/2014The music playing was very loud. It would have been more enjoyable if the musicians were located some where else in the restaurant, farther from the dining area. It was very difficult to have a conversation, especially since everyone was talking really loudly, given that the music was overwhelmingly loud.Special Features:
- coffeeA1dineDined on 7/26/2014overall I really liked the restaurant. But the waitress never asked us if we wanted coffee and we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nite out with the fellasmaddyDined on 7/25/2014I took my fiance and his 3 brothers there this friday and the loved it. Great food , drinks and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect matchFerchuDined on 7/25/2014It was one of the best Cuban restaurants where I have eaten. It 's pricy but but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?MattVIPDined on 7/18/2014Sofrito sauce that they are now using on red snapper dish is terrible.
- Favorite Village Brunch Spot!ElleRdyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Don't miss out on this neighborhood gem. Amazing, reasonably priced Cuban cuisine with $14 fee for unlimited sangria, mimosas, bloody mary's, and mojitos. CAN'T beat that. Make sure to try the fried plantanes on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant in the villagecherluiVIPDined on 7/11/2014Many people recommended this restaurant and it built up my expectations. It was a good restaurant - nothing exceptional. Perhaps we didn't order enough food to sample everything since there was just the 2 of us. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there since I am not near by but would return if I happen to be near by.Special Features:
- KLMCFPVIPDined on 7/6/2014Good food and service, warm and friendly atmosphere at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spottvanderDined on 7/3/2014The montadito the chorizo were awesome and the drinks too. I tried the frozen mojito and passion fruit mojito. For dinner I tried the pollo guajira and it was ok. I did not like the combination of the ingredients. However, everything was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply PerfectFastJohn44VIPDined on 7/2/2014Found Cuba while exploring NYC on vacation. The food was superb. Especially recommended the Cerviche! Winston, our waiter, made the experience extra special with his enthusiasm for the menu. His recommendations were great. I would return to NYC just to eat at Cuba again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and drinkStephEDined on 6/28/2014Arrrived early and got a friendly greeting-offered for us to go to bar for drinks which was our intention. Had mojitos which were very tasty-a little too sweet for my liking but good. Beautifully lit downstairs dining and small bar & great music. Staff was very nice. We were seated upstairs for our meal which is what I requested since I wanted to hear the live band. Only complaint was our table was inches from the people beside us but it really didn't matter.Noise level is pretty high/energetic with band and chatter so privacy wasn't really an issue. The food was delicious-we were too full for dessert but since I had let them know it was our 17 year anniversary they brought us each a shot of tequila! Great night. Delicious red sangria!Special Features:
- Great foodIrishacoVIPDined on 6/26/2014Fantastic menu choices! I absolutely love it!!!! Scallop sandwich was delicious and so was the ceviche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodHungryJODined on 6/20/2014well portioned. steak was amazing. 1 drink will have you feeling great. their rum was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peachyss16VIPDined on 6/17/2014I come here a lot. Love the food, love the ambiance, love the drinks and I've always had great service from every employee.Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 6/14/2014Tables way to close. Noise level made it difficult to talk or hear live music. Service too fast and plates grabbed while others eating. Food quality unimpressive, preparation unimpressive and presentation non exisitent.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDinnerDined on 6/14/2014This was our 10 year anniversary the service was excellent and the staff was amazing. We were seated promptly and immediately our waiter introduced himself. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificocubaforrealVIPDined on 6/7/2014as usual- predictably wonderful - the food, service and more... they never fail to please....Special Features:
- Great Food, Small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Came here Saturday night before a concert w/ friends. We were a little late, so we called to let them know & they did not treat us badly b/c of it. They sat us in the basement floor..I would have liked to have been seated upstairs b/c it was a nice day out, but anywhere was ok.. The food is excellent. We ordered 2 orders of empanadas (beef and spinach!!) and then two entrees Ropa Vieja & Churrasco con chimichurri. We thought this would be enough food since none of us wanted to fill up too much. But the portions were tiny. We ordered another round of empanadas & the Churrasco. We also had a pitcher of red sangria which was refreshing. I ordered a mojito which was just ok. overall great time. Just for the price wish there was more food.
- great foodRetiredGourmetVIPDined on 5/25/2014This restaurant a few blocks off Washington Square Park is consistently good. We have only been there for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Wonderful evening, wonderful food. No complaints other than the noice levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but CozyEatclean87Dined on 5/22/2014Waiters were very pleasant however it took a while to delivery food to the table. The portions weer smaller than expected, food was good but it was not bursting with flavor. The restaurant was extremely loud for such a small place, I had to get used to shouting to my date from across the table. The pitcher of sangria was very good, and if you were looking for a local restaurant to dine in and didn't need to have serious conversations I would recommend.
- Delicious and Fun!LadySocrates2Dined on 5/20/2014I went here for my birthday celebration with friends and it was lovely! We ordered the calamari and sauteed garlic shrimp. Both were great! Definitely left you wanting more! For entrees, we ordered the pork, churrasco steak and salmon with coconut rice. We also ordered tostones and tamales for side dishes. All entrees were delicious! Everyone cleaned their plates! The mojitos are nice and strong and freshly made with plenty of mint leaves. Good drink for the price. They even brought out a complimentary piece of tres leches cake for my birthday! Wonderful experience and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceEricaDined on 5/20/2014Location is nice and the food was great. The place is small, but it's satisfying on all levels. I had the arroz con pollo and it doesn’t taste, nor is served as it typically is. However, it was fantastic! I went on a weekday early evening so it was pretty calm. I'm not sure how it would be on weekends or later in the evening, but my guess would be super energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the real CubacubaforrealVIPDined on 5/18/2014Went to Havana recently- although interesting- the food is pale by comparison to Cuba- sounds a bit like "who's on first"- we are regulars at Cuba and they just keep getting better.Special Features:
- Best Cuban food ever!!AnaCDined on 5/17/2014This is the best Cuban food I've ever had. The "Rabo Encendido" is my fav all the time. Recommend 100%Special Features:
- MaravillosoPerfectoDined on 5/17/2014Cuba is one of those little spots in NYC that you walk by and may not notice. However, once you step inside the aroma of the food takes over your senses, the drinks to die for and the vibe is perfect. The food is so amazing I was taken back to CUBA and the 1950's!Special Features:
- Fun for brunchRobbieboyeeeDined on 5/10/2014Positives: great selection of food and definitely enjoyed mixing and matching brunch drinks. Negatives: price for unlimited drinks went up and the time limit went down, it seems. Not the most attentive service this time, but our server seemed to be working a large party on the lower level of the restaurant as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.