Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
10 South 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2156270666
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sat -Sun 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Dining: Friday & Saturday until 11:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 1:30pm (all-you-can-eat available for $26). 1:30-2:30 à la carte only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Pernot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: After dinner hours, on Fridays, Saturdays and for special events, Cuba Libre clears the tables and turns up the Latin rhythm as professional salsa dancers perform choreographed floor shows in the dining room. Between shows guests dance to a DJ spinning tropical dance, salsa, merengue, bachata & Latin house.
- Special Events: Consider Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum the destination for your next social or corporate event.Whether it’s an intimate party of 15, a grand event for 400, a themed cocktail party or an elegantdinner, Cuba Libre is the ideal setting for an unforgettable private party or special event.
- Cross Street: Between Market & Chestnut Streets
- Public Transit: Phlash, Septa Market-Frankford Line (2nd & Market)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Cuba Libre is located on Second Street at Market Street in the Old City section of Philadelphia. Street parking / meter parking may be available in the neighborhood. Several paid lots are close by, and valet parking is offered by a private company Wednesday through Saturday.
A word from Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
Cuba Libre features a contemporary interpretation of traditional Cuban cuisine and a broad base of authentic Cuban cocktails, including the largest selection of rum in Philadelphia. The restaurant’s interior has a beautifully weathered historical feel. The materials combine warm mahogany and oak, cracked tile, painted plaster, exposed concrete and brick, and iron railings. With iron balconies overlooking a courtyard, a dramatic 30-foot ceiling, and paddle fans turning lazily, the space looks and feels like a street in Old Havana in the mid 1950s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Best Restaurants in Old City ›
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (63)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (51)romantic (47)late-night find (42)great for brunch (41)great for outdoor dining (40)great for lunch (34)scenic view (17)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Love their soup!NewZagats2VIPDined on 8/26/2014We go there before the movies, mostly for the Levante Muerto soup! Cheese empenadas are good! … and I tried the ceviche in a coconut shell, but they took too long and we had to wrap some things… and I was soo sad, because I was so excited about spooning out the coconut, since there was almost nothing inside and they THREW OUT MY COCONUT!! It was a bummer! I had like 4 tiny pieces of squid in a box, and we paid 95 $ for dinner! Note to self, don't do that again ;-( The soups were great and the main server is always good to us…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014With unlimited brunch tapas dishes, and some of the best ceviche I've ever had, I can safely highly recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere is really fun as well. Enjoyable all the way around.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our family dinner. The food was unique and excellent. Drinks were also excellent. Service was attentive. We would have preferred to sit upstairs but that was full for the night. Although there is a parking lot across the street, we parked closer to a prior activity and used Uber to take us right to the door. Cuba Libre is definitely worth a second, third and more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Me and my wife love Cuban food, so when we heard about this place we had to try it. So glad we did, the mojitos, empanadas, and main courses were outstanding, but the bread comes with a mango butter it was soooo good. Highly recommend this place I know I will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch tapas are awesome!CYP27VIPDined on 8/23/2014I highly recommend coming here for the Brunch All-You-Can-Eat Tapas. For $26 per person (all at the table must participate), you can order and order and order and... you get the picture. Be sure to get the bread basket: two different types of muffins, banana bread, a churro, and a filled croissant-like pastry served with a trio of spreads. The cornmeal panqueques (pancakes) are a nice change from your typical pancake and come with mango butter and bacon. Almost every dish came out appropriately hot (or cold) and was delicious! Even if you're not hungry enough for AYCE, the tapas portions are not so small (or overpriced) that you wouldn't be happy to just order a couple for yourself and leave completely satisfied.Special Features:
- Delicious tapas in a fun settingMomofsamiamDined on 8/20/2014We had an amazing dinner with a foodie friend from out of town. We ordered tons of tapas dishes - we especially liked the octopus, the pork belly, the 2 ceviches , and the empanadas. Service was great, friendly and non intrusive . The noise level on the main floor is a bit overwhelming when the restaurant is fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and dancing ambienceNYfoodieDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I enjoyed a late, dinner at Cuba Libre, but we were not impressed with the food. The ropa vieja, which is a Cuban dish, was not authentic nor did they serve Cuban bread. But, the mojitos were delicious. We stayed after dinner, to enjoy cocktails until the "club" opened. Great music and scene, but by midnight felt very crowded.Special Features:
- Excellent food and Mojito's!trjarDined on 8/16/2014We love going to Cuba Libre every chance we get! I have food allergies so I know exactly what I can choose on the menu and not have issues! The marinated skirt steak is to die for and the classic mojito tops it off! Will always be one of our Philly favs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Late Night Find!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Person 1: My Arroz con Pollo was as authentic as I've ever had it at a restaurant. Person 2: We were walking by and found it..turned into a Hispanic club scene during late night. While waiting for our food, we enjoyed the bread and Mango butter. It tasted AMAZING! Ingredients include whipped butter, cinnamon, mango purée, and pepper and it was smooth and delicious with the bread. For my entree, I enjoyed the Suntanned Salmon! I don't like yuca products, so I skipped the yuca couscous. Our waitress allowed us to swap yuca for a side of plantain (which were also very good) with no issues. Sangria was also very good. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Penns LandingNuevoFoodieDined on 8/15/2014My family went to Penn's Landing for a concert and were looking for a restaurant in walking distance. Perfect location and the food and service was great. The shrimp ceviche is to die for. I also ordered a vegetarian dish that had chorizo in it, when I told the server she apologized and comp'ed my meal which was appreciated. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in PhiladelphiajanicegodfreyDined on 8/15/2014Cuba Libre is by far my favorite restaurant in Philadelphia. The food and service is amazing. The 15 Tastes of Cuba was incredible. This restaurant is the best for special occasions. This past visit was for my birthday. It was also the restaurant we went to the night we were engaged to be married (pre-proposal dinner). Needless to say, I would recommend Cuba Libre to anyone who visits Philadelphia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCubabrunchfan24Dined on 8/10/2014The service and food were wonderful! Too many great things to nameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsAlgoDined on 8/9/2014All of our meals and apps were excellent. I can't remember all the names of the dishes but the seafood soup, vecca frita(flank steak) ropa veijas(beef brisket). Our friends had also enjoyed their dishes and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I loved the atmosphere and ambiance. Was not impressed with the mixed drinks or the locations of the bathroom. First floor bathroom opened up to the dining room. I felt embarrassed coming out of bathroom in full view of others. I was thankful I was not on first floor and request other seating next time I come. Overall, my wife enjoyed the Caribbean flair. We will go back great location. Valet parking a little steep $18 but if you there all night, it's a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cub LibreRandyDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten here several times. It is wonderful. We loved the bento box for lunch and the selections. We recommend it to everyone we know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. SLOW ServiceFalconerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Liked the food very much. However service and food preparation was very, very slow (this was on a Tuesday for dinner).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always at the top of my listObxkarmaVIPDined on 7/27/2014dudes and dudettes, just go to this place and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ambiance and music.BirthdayBluesDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed the food, the ambiance was really nice and the music was great. I made the dinner reservation specifically mentioning it was my boyfriends birthday and was asked if we wanted a candle with his dessert I said yes expecting a nice surprise for him. Only to be disappointed when his dessert was brought out not by our server but some random guy and he placed the dessert next to him and lit the candle right then and walked away. No singing, no surprise just plain rude service. I trully expected a better birthday acknowledgement from the restaurant, guess that's not what they like to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014I have eaten here before and always seem to have good food. I realized the entire resturant experience isn't worth the price. Guacamole and mojitos are delicious but extremely expensive. If you charge $10 cocktails and $26 meals then my table should be wiped down when I'm finished eating and my water should always be refreshed.
- Great Place!3dmondk1Dined on 7/26/2014Never disappoints! Really not much more to say! Great food, drinks, atmosphere, staff, experience... every time!Special Features:
- AwesomedrjohnDined on 7/26/2014I have been a frequent visitor to Philly spots for thirty years and this was the most awesome meal I have ever had in my life. Service was beyond great and the food was to die for. We will be back and back often. John Sherwood DMDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAng80179Dined on 7/25/2014Went here with my mom and girlfriend. Food was fantastic. Very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Great atmosphere with a definite Cuban style. The food was excellent and they provide many drink and food options. The staff was excellent and his (Ryan) recommendations were spot on. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Awesome staff, terrific food, decent pricing...will definitely be back. Also, they filled my request via Open Table...I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cerlorDined on 7/16/2014I absolutely love Cuba Libra, the food, service and ambiance are all to my liking. Good spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and MojitosLegoHunterDined on 7/12/2014We were first seated next to a large group party and it was loud in that back corner. Upon request, the hostess moved us to a quieter location in the main dining room with an excellent view of the incredible interior that looks like a street in Havana! Thank you! We chose to go the Tappas route - allowing us to have six different menu items. All the items were excellent - but almost all seemed overly salty to me. I had three different flavored mojitos, all of which were excellent. The main dining room really makes you feel like you are eating outside on a street in Havana. Excellent atmosphere, although the dining room is loud. This is not the place for a quiet, romantic dinner. I highly recommend Cuba Libre.
- Would definitely go againfoodie4lifeDined on 7/12/2014The service was great and so was the food. Our server Ryan was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and recommendations. Definitely will be going there again! !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious and fun!abcdeDined on 7/5/2014This is my favorite go-to spot in Old City; the atmosphere is always vibrant, and their food is delicious! I could eat the Levanta Muerta soup and Yuca fries every day. The staff is extremely accommodating and always friendly, and their drinks (especially the caipirinhas) are great. I have taken friends and family there numerous times, and also go with my boyfriend on weekends, especially when they have dancing at 11. One last thing to add - that mango butter is seriously addictive!Special Features:
- shawbostDined on 6/27/2014going for lunch was extremely pleasant, in large part because it was quiet enough to have a conversation. I would give it outstanding for menu except they don't have ribs for lunch.Special Features:
- Spectacular Cuban food!ktoaDined on 6/25/2014The experience was amazing! It exceeded my expectations. The food was authentic and spectacular! Excellent menu tasting and mojito specialty. Very recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2014We really felt like we were in a square in Cuba eating dinner. The atmosphere was great. Our food was delicious. Had a very enjoyable evening. Would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuba Libre is a winnerTimothyVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food, drinks and service always exceed expectations.Special Features:
- Great!HappyhrgirlDined on 6/20/2014I thoroughly enjoyed this place, the food was excellent and the place looked very clean. Great place for a group or for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EddieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very disappointed with the limited lunch menu. I had family visiting from Italy and was hoping to impress them with the usually exceptional Cuban cuisine.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Used to love this place but had horrible service. Waited 20+ min just to get our drinks and order anything. It wasn't so crowded that it warranted that wait.
- Perfect Night OutGreatVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our server was more than helpful when we were making our tapas decisions. All the food came out at a great pace and was delicious. We heard about an "all you can eat" brunch and can't wait to go back and try it.Special Features:
- Very interesting menuHappydining24Dined on 6/14/2014Requested a quiet table. And they did very good with the request THe service was attentive and helpful without being overdone. The food was great will be sure to return.Special Features:
- Pleasant atmosphere, not great foodCilantroGirlDined on 6/14/2014I dined here with a group of 5 friends this weekend. The atmosphere was great. We were indoors, but since it's so nice and open inside, it almost felt like we were dining on an outdoor terrace. Could be romantic if I just went with my husband. It was fairly loud where we were seated, since there was a bachelorette party literally at the table next to us. The food was pretty bad. We ordered 3 tapas per couple, and only one was fairly good. The empanadas were tasty, the guava rubs had good flavor but had tons of fat and hidden tiny bones to spit out. The meat platter was all fatty and didn't taste very good. The guacamole was the worst I've ever tasted. It was sour and slimy. The mojitos had delicious flavor, but almost no alcohol.Special Features:
- Good experienceBostonhoonDined on 6/13/2014The interior décor is exotic and beautiful. My wife and I went here expecting the place to be romantic. However, the setting is more like a bar and better for groups. It's not very romantic or intimate and tend to be loud. The food was good and well presented. The waitress was very knowledgeable and the service was attentive. I'd recommend this place if you're looking to hang out with your friends or guests but not for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great!NewZagats2VIPDined on 6/12/2014Great soup and cheese crochettes, and mango mojito shrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.