Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
10 South 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 627-0666
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sat -Sun 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Dining: Friday & Saturday until 11:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 1:30pm (all-you-can-eat available for $26). 1:30-2:30 à la carte only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Pernot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: After dinner hours, on Fridays, Saturdays and for special events, Cuba Libre clears the tables and turns up the Latin rhythm as professional salsa dancers perform choreographed floor shows in the dining room. Between shows guests dance to a DJ spinning tropical dance, salsa, merengue, bachata & Latin house.
- Special Events: Consider Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum the destination for your next social or corporate event.Whether it’s an intimate party of 15, a grand event for 400, a themed cocktail party or an elegantdinner, Cuba Libre is the ideal setting for an unforgettable private party or special event.
- Cross Street: Between Market & Chestnut Streets
- Public Transit: Phlash, Septa Market-Frankford Line (2nd & Market)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Cuba Libre is located on Second Street at Market Street in the Old City section of Philadelphia. Street parking / meter parking may be available in the neighborhood. Several paid lots are close by, and valet parking is offered by a private company Wednesday through Saturday.
A word from Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
Cuba Libre features a contemporary interpretation of traditional Cuban cuisine and a broad base of authentic Cuban cocktails, including the largest selection of rum in Philadelphia. The restaurant’s interior has a beautifully weathered historical feel. The materials combine warm mahogany and oak, cracked tile, painted plaster, exposed concrete and brick, and iron railings. With iron balconies overlooking a courtyard, a dramatic 30-foot ceiling, and paddle fans turning lazily, the space looks and feels like a street in Old Havana in the mid 1950s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (131)good for groups (111)special occasion (93)hot spot (86)neighborhood gem (85)vibrant bar scene (78)romantic (63)late-night find (51)great for outdoor dining (48)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (31)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (7)Show More
- Treat yourself to something deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014Whether you do the tasting menu, go a la carte, or even off-menu, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy a great bar, a welll-made coffe, and some if the best Cuban specialities you're going to find anywhere! Layers of flavor accompany everything from the bread to desert. Enjoy every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerDined on 11/22/2014We went there for the first time it was absolutely fabulous. Food was great. Atmosphere was great. But it is a must make reservation place is always packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MikeVIPDined on 11/22/2014I love everything about this place! The Ambience was super cool, the old was amazing, the drink were delicious and the service was spectacular. My only complaint is that we did not sit in the main room with all the scenery and activity, we were in this annex room right near stairs and small servers, so the floor was constantly being shaken and dishes were clanking together. We asked to switch but apparently there was a private party in the main upstairs area so we couldn't.) were ok with it but just a little bummed since none of us had been there before. Other than that situation, this place was phenomenal!!!! I will def be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerTheatergoerDined on 11/21/2014food and drinks were a pleasant surprise - hidden flavors and great presentation. Service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceLuv2eatVIPDined on 11/19/2014I've had many lunches here and the food is very good. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visit.gooseDined on 11/16/2014This was our second time there. The first time was excellent. This time was disappointing. Both entrees were overly salty. Dessert was tasteless.
- Our meal was fantastic and so was our server.BMF4everDined on 11/13/2014We came in for a special occasion and had a fantastic dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting MenupmrthirdVIPDined on 11/11/2014The tasting menu gives you a great selection of many appetizers, entrees and desserts all for $42. It was well worth it. Enjoyed everything that was served. Love the variety too. Paired with a nice Rioja! My work colleague and I enjoyed and would definitely come back. Serve was fantastic and waitress and hostess routinely stopped by to check on how was everything! Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a datechocolatefanDined on 11/8/2014Seated right away as I made an reservation because I have walked by numerous times and always has an crowd. Staff were friendly mojitos were excellent as well as the food. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePyatachokVIPDined on 11/8/2014First taste of Cuban cuisine for us. Saturday brunch was wonderful. Everything we ordered was very yummy and in big quantities, the drinks (Sangrias) were flavorful and cheep, the service was outstanding and the ambiance was beautiful and cozy. We'll definitely try to repeat this experience some day soon.Special Features:
- BEST FOOD!kayuDined on 11/7/2014By far the best restaurant I have been to! The food and service were great. I highly recommend the vaca frita or churrasco but you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Everyone was extremely friendly and attentive. I will definitely be back in the near future- haven't stopped raving about it to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again amazingace215Dined on 11/7/2014My third time here food ,amazing ,service amazing I love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place ..great foodGreatDined on 11/7/2014Cuba Libra is a beautiful restaurant. Feels like being somewhere tropical and warm. Mojito are great and coffee fantastic. Food was wonderful and desserts were delicious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a great girls night out and would recommend it highly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Falls FlatTheFriendlyFoodieDined on 11/7/2014Having heard much of Cuba Libre, I was excited to meet a friend there for drinks and tapas. From the time we entered Cuba Libre, the service was attentive and friendly, and our server knowledgeable. The decor and energy of Cuba Libre was fantastic! It was lively and entertaining, making for a wonderful environment to dine. The one downside to our experience was the food. We ordered the guacamole, pork belly and yuca fries. The guacamole was quite bland, though its ingredients should have bursted with flavor. The pork belly was was overdone, leaving the meat tough rather then tender. The yuca fries were the star of the show, which is disappointing simply because they didn't seem to require much culinary genius.Special Features:
- Lunch was great!OutAndAboutPHLVIPDined on 11/5/2014From my favorite, the mixed grill to the sandwiches and salads enjoyed by my guests everything was excellent, including our service! Jamie, our server is one of the most professional servers I've ever had anywhere! Management also is warm & welcoming. Everyone at Cuba Libre Gets It!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodWolfyDined on 11/1/2014great, but if you going late don't sit on main floor or upstairs by the area, because the tables are moved for making room for people to dance and interact with each other, so you can feel a bit rushed. Other than that is always a good experience.Special Features:
- First TimeOutandAboutDined on 11/1/2014My husband and a I finally made it to Cuba Libre aftet many failed attempts. The food was great. My husband ordered likeva shrimp soup that had only 3 shimps in it. The chicken empanadas were great. Music after dining is mainly of cuban culture. Would have like for it to had been a little more mixed. Overall nice time. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Group!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Had a large group to entertain in Philly and this restaurant came through. I was worried that since only 4 restaurants were available for that amount of people we were going to be stuck with okay dining but it was great!Special Features:
- Great Late Night SpotAVinnyDined on 10/31/2014My brother goes here with his fiancé all the time and they love it, so I took my girlfriend there for a romantic night out in Philadelphia. It was great. The food is excellent and the salsa dancing every Friday and Saturday night really puts it over the top. I would definitely recommend couples to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014We took our college age son and his roommate here for Saturday night dinner. Every aspect contributed to a very enjoyable night. Walking in to Old Havana we immediately felt transported. The mojitos were great (little pricey for a small amount) and our waiter, Steve, couldn't have explained the menu better including very good recommendations. Highlights were the chimichurra steak, bunuelos, and Cuban guacamole. Cafe mocha for dessert was delicious. It was the perfect experience for the four of us.Special Features:
- noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Your restaurant is so noisey and loud, it is hard to hold a conversation. You describe your restaurant noise level as "energetic", however its as loud as a high school cafeteria.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Not bad, but not nearly as good as the Philly original. More bar food than well-prepared dishes.Special Features:
- Cuba LibreLaylayDined on 10/21/2014My boyfriend and I went for dinner on a Tuesday night and had a great experience. We tried to eat on Saturday night but they were charging us $20 just to get inside to eat even though we said we weren't there for the bar just dinner. Since my boyfriend and I are Cuban, we had high expectations and we said we would come back. Mojitos were just okay, I probably wouldn't have it again. The Cuban sandwich tasted good but wasn't authentic. The bread and mango butter was amazing! Great restaurant!Special Features:
- Cubana delight!ronk5Dined on 10/19/2014We enjoyed our meal at Cuba Libre. My cubana(probably spelled wrong lol) sand which, was great, and my wife enjoyed the spare ribs. Will go again and get another 1000 pts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchTheCeliacDined on 10/19/2014Not the best place to eat breakfast of you have a gluten and egg allergy. Also not super kid friendly for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuba LibreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This is a great place for Cuban appetizers and if you eat dinner here on Saturday night, you can come back for dancing at 11pm. Dancing was very fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of Cuba...GdudeDined on 10/18/2014Looking for a dining experience that helps you feel cosmopolitan? Try Cuba Libre for a great selection of ethnic food and drink choices. From a warm ambience bringing a café experience to your table to the servers pronouncing menu selections in a Cuban dialect, it's tough to not have a fine, fun dining experience at Cuba Libre. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good but not greatPsujimDined on 10/17/2014It was very loud and not a great place to carry on a normal conversation over dinner. The food was very good and the portions were well sized, but it is a bit on the pricy side. In all it was a place I would go to again.Special Features:
- Completely amazing!hoorayscienceDined on 10/17/2014I had heard of Cuba Libre many times during the six years I have lived in Philadelphia, so I was excited to finally dine there. It was amazing in every possible way. Delicious food, excellent service, and lovely decor. Our server was helpful with recommendations and with accommodating requests. I look forward to visiting many times in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SOUP as ALWAYS!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/16/2014Love the muerto soup!!! The salad with jicama is awesome!! Grilled octopus, nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FabulousDoedyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Everything was awesome! Had a great time with great service. Love Everything about this place!!!Special Features:
- AwesomeHappydinerDined on 10/15/2014We went to Cuba Libre for a special occasion and they could not have been more helpful and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious. The menu was explained in great detail and great suggestions made. We all loved the food, the atmosphere and the service.Special Features:
- If I can't be in the Islands...CookCookBluesDined on 10/13/2014this is the next best thing! Great mojitos and rum selections. Great food, service and the place is beautiful! This is really a nice dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurantcarroxyDined on 10/12/2014Good food, excellent service, good location, romantic place, and good for family etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Every TimeGourmandExtraordinaireDined on 10/12/2014We've gone here 3 times and each time leave delighted. The food is delicious and authentic. The service is always well-timed and usually friendly. On this particular occasion we even had the manager stop by and bring us a glass of extraordinary brandy, on the house. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was able to dine veganOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I revisited Cuba Libre after many years for our anniversary dinner. We were looking for a meal with tons of flavor and something a little different. Cuba Libre delivered! The service was great, the wine list was very good and our meal of trio of dips, mushroom ceviche, salad and vegetable paella was delicious. And the ambiance is also so nice We're glad we returned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJunito17Dined on 10/11/2014Great food good service great club scene , had a blast , recommended to anyone:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlgrantDined on 10/11/2014Food was outstanding, the staff helpful and friendly. After 11 party energetic and vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LorenzHouseDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful evening! The setting was lovely and romantic. We started, after the excellent suggestion of our waiter, With guacamole (made with grilled pineapple!) and plaintain chips, and excellent mojitos (my husband added the extra rum and I had a mango Mojito). Next we shared two empanadas and the fabulous Cuban bread and mango butter. Service was on the "savor" speed, which we like. When we wanted the waiter, he was right there! We told him we wanted to share the entrees; he had the yummy seafood paella brought to the center and had the Chimmichurri steak halved in the kitchen. The latter was divine with complex flavors. We finished with a dessert flight (the only "blah" moment) and an excellent latte with coconut milk. Ready to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxingmarriedhappyDined on 10/11/2014Great place with fantastic food. It is at once a romantic venue and high verve social destination. Enjoyed combination atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.