Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
9101 International Drive
The Point Orlando
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4072261600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday and Saturdays 5pm-10:30pm.
Happy Hour Everyday 5-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Pernot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On Fridays, Saturdays and for special events, Cuba Libre turns up the Latin rhythm as professional salsa dancers, musicians and other entertainers perform floor shows in the dining room. After dinner hours Cuba Libre clears the tables allowing guests to dance to a DJ spinning tropical dance, salsa, merengue, bachata & Latin house.
A word from Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Cuba Libre features a contemporary interpretation of traditional Cuban cuisine & a broad base of authentic Cuban cocktails, including an extensive rum selection highlighting our signature mojito. Passing through the doors of the restaurant, guests are transported to Havana, Cuba, circa the 1950s. One-of-a-kind mill work & architectural salvage including unique doors, gates, cabinetry, furniture & accessories help capture the essence of old Cuban architecture. Our name is our hope for the future of the treasured island nation of Cuba. Cuba Libre will not accept reservation from diners under the age of 21 after 9PM on Friday & Saturday, & the dress code for Friday & Saturday is upscale casual. Complimentary valet parking available for your convienence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (41)hot spot (36)romantic (35)late-night find (33)great for outdoor dining (29)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (18)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (9)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The food, ambiance, service, v.goodGoldstarDined on 8/30/2014We experienced Cuba Libre for Magical Dining experience. Very impressed with ambiance, food and service.Special Features:
- Shrimp Cheese Appetizer - GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The Pallamillo steak was thickly breaded and overcooked, ate only a few bites. The pulled pork was stringy and tough. The shrimp/cheese appetizer was excellent. The restaurant was not busy early Sat evening but we felt rushed for our table to be cleared. We were looking forward to dinner at Cuba Libra but it was a big disappointment - we will not return.
- Great for Magical DiningMtronDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant has one of the biggest Magical Dining menus I've seen. The food was delicious! The drinks from the bar were good. We had a 6:30 reservation on a Friday night so it wasn't crowded or loud.Special Features:
- Not greatDCDinnerDined on 8/22/2014The decor feels like a Cuban casona with nice upscale touches. Their food is fresh but a far shot from the real thing - Ceviche w/o rocoto pepper and paella w/o olive oil - (I know neither are Cuban dishes, but they should have thought of those things before adding to their menu). Mixed service, with poor seating process and an aloof hostess but great table waiting. I would go back just for drinks. They seem to try to improve as they followed up with a phone call.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014The food at Cuba Libre is on the gourmet side, ridiculously delicious and worth the price! The service was also EXCELENTE! I hope they never change the quality of food and standard of service! A great gem in the middle of all the other touristy and chain restaurants!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Great fantastic service. Awesome server. He was very informative and wonderful vibe.professional that represents the restaurant well. The desserts are very very sweet. overwhelmingly underwhelming. Delicious mojitos. Especially the coconut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David and 20 y/o daughterSuperbDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service. Food is great and the ambience is amaizing. Well culinary knowledgeable staff. Mojitos....OMG!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner I Had in Orlando!ThundermagicDined on 8/9/2014I visited Orlando, FL, for a week, and this was the best dinner I had during my stay. I had the Chef's tasting menu of 15 items and it was absolutely great! I think they need to work on their wine menu though, but that aside, it was a great value and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place to celebrateChachaDined on 8/8/2014We dine at the Orlando location for many special ocasions from large party birthday celebrations, romantic anniversaries, to celebrating good news with family including kids. We've sit outside and also inside. The food is awesome, tasty and so different the regular restaurant chains. I've always received good service and even when I asked where they purchased the seating, the manager came out to explain everything to me.Special Features:
- What's not to love?TXKsDined on 8/7/2014An amazing experience! You need one of these in Houston. Seriously! Everything was outstanding. Mojitos are terrific. Food is unbelievably good. Really worthy of highest praise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJTNJDined on 8/6/2014Great food all around, had a group of 12, everyone loved everything they ordered. Food is very consistent to the high quality food from their other locationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun atmosphere!dina77Dined on 7/26/2014The food is delicious and the atmosphere is really fun! It turns into a club at 10:30 pm on the weekends. The decor and buildout are beautiful.Special Features:
- Terrific VenueAshley711VIPDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I are local to Orlando and would honestly not consider Point Orlando a great location to dine...However, my opinion was completely changed last Saturday night. We had amazing service and the food was phenomenal. The price point was great and we didn't have to break the bank. Valet was even complimentary! The entire evening was terrific. I would highly recommend this location as a top restaurant to dine in Orlando. Many thanks to Eduardo for fantastic (but not obtrusive) service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but no 15 tastes of CubabobospotVIPDined on 7/26/2014Drinks at happy hour in the bar area were reasonably priced and service was very attentive. GREAT ATMOSPHERE - BUT JUST GOOD CUBAN FOOD Do not be taken by the 15 TASTES OF CUBA, as for $39.95 you can do much better ordering individual appetizers: the Shrimp Ceviche that was excellent, the Mahi-Mahi & the Churrasco a la Cubana both good to very good. The Grilled Baby Octopus which is one my favorites, was a disappointment: tough and not grilled long enough to get the grill flavor. The Cuban Sandwich Spring Rolls was very good while the Papas Rellenas was OK. AVOID Mamá Amelia’s Empanada de la Casa, Mariquitas Cubanas, Malanga Fritters. Would go back to this restaurant for happy hour drinks and tapas at the bar, only.Special Features:
- Great Cuban food, but expensiveKPorlandoDined on 7/21/2014The food was very good, and this is a great addition to the Orlando restaurant scene, especially for those that enjoy Cuban food. My only complaint is that the portions are quite modest, and the prices quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sinfully indulgent food & serviceTravelingJennDined on 7/20/2014Cuba Libre is one of my favorite restaurants in Orlando. The setting and ambiance are unparalleled, as is the service. The only thing that they do better than taking care of their guests is their food. It is absolutely mouthwatering and presented thoughtfully and beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/19/2014We went with my brother and his 6 and 7 year old and we had such a wonderful time. There are menus for kids and the food is "friendly" for all types of tastebuds! The food is so superior and the service makes it more than a dinner out....it is truly an experience. The environment is beautiful. My brother said it was the best Mojito he ever had. My sangria was delicious. For appetizers we had empanadas, the trio with dips, the shrimp ceviche, and for dinner we had steak, fish, and pork....All truly delicious. The black beans were outstanding and the seasoning on the food is authentic! You will not be disappointed if you enjoy Cuban cuisine in an elegant environment with an excellent drink menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The music for the Latin dancing had a very strong beat and you could feel the bass through your clothes. However, this extreme noise level detracted was joying the evening because you could not talk to and enjoy the company of the person next too you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChainyGrubfinderVIPDined on 7/17/2014Ate at Cuba Libre in Philly and it was great, the Orlando version was very average.Special Features:
- Great spotDiningFanDined on 7/12/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. Food is great, service is outstanding! Works for a date night or even a night out on the town with friends or family. The mojitos are a must!Special Features:
- ExcellentHmb1Dined on 7/12/2014Everything was great. I enjoyed having something different instead of the same old thing everyone serves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back in 2015EchevarriaTravelDined on 7/5/2014Went here with friends during our convention, wonderful. I would suggest a little better lighting no one could read the menusSpecial Features:
- ExcellentRicksReviewDined on 7/5/2014Great place. Good food, great service and very pleasant! Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It reminded me of Cuba!JerryVIPDined on 7/4/2014The mixed grill and fried plantains were amazing! The service was great too! Try the mango mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday experiencePrideDined on 6/28/2014We just hosted a birthday dinner for my wife. It was excellent as expected, she and I had attended about a month earlier and knew it would be a great spot to bring our friends. Carlos our server was great and we will definitely attend again when we are in Orlando. You will definitely be satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/25/2014The staff here really makes you feel like family! Great food, and a wide open dining room makes Cuba Libre stand out on the busy I-Drive. Will be back again for sure!Special Features:
- Did Not Disappoint!TheWTBDined on 6/24/2014First time dining at CL. I had high hopes for some good Cuban food, but realistic expectations considering we were smack in the middle of tourist town. I was very pleasantly surprised at the level of service (which is usually the first thing to go in a tourist environment) and the quality of the meals. The next time you're on I-Drive in Orlando, do your taste buds a favor and take them to Cuba Libre!Special Features:
- Terrific findEricVIPDined on 6/21/2014On a business trip to Orlando and just had dinner at Cuba Libre. Everything was delicious, fresh and well priced. Menu is varied between traditional and Cuban inspired. Fun spot, and remember to have them validate your parking....Special Features:
- priceyfoodieDined on 6/17/2014The food was good but not worth the prices. We may come back and try the more reasonable priced tapas.
- Outstandingly deliciousLuvcubalibreDined on 6/16/2014The service staff were kind and attentive and the dishes were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High price, small portionsdivaDined on 6/15/2014The food was good overall, but too expensive for the portions. Price should be reduced. This is a place that I will only go once.Special Features:
- Aron's service was the best part.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The food was excellent the ambiance was delightful, and our waiter was the icing on the cake. Will go back and ask for him exclusively!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Dining experience was wonderful and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin SceneCaptFidelDined on 5/29/2014Open air feel. The menu was rather small but the food was good.Special Features:
- Great Cuban food and fun atmoshpereeugostocomidaDined on 5/26/2014My wife and I had a nice dinner here while on vacation to Orlando. We spent the day at Disney and wanted to have a place to relax and get some great food. We love Cuban food and this place delivered top notch quality. We also enjoyed the huge selection of authentic drinks and all the regulars. Our waitress was very helpful and very attentive. There are also occasions for more of bar scene with salsa dancing on certain nights. Great place and would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Mixed impressionClaireDined on 5/25/2014We could not find the restaurant on a rainy night. It is located on a plaza, tucked away from the road and is part of a complex, all under the same number. It was dark and it was raining, it took a while to find the place. The restaurant was half empty, interesting decor. The food was excellent and my friend from abroad loved it. The negative was the mojito,that I think tasted like a lemonade.I had plenty of mojitos in different restaurant to be able to tell the difference.You would expect the best mojito in Florida and in a Cuban restaurant, but that was not the case. The waiter was helpful while ordering and came back to check up on us.However, when we we leaving, there was no one. No waiter and no one at the door. Disappointing ending.
- Expensive but Tasty Cuban FoodpoolmantdhDined on 5/25/2014Most Cuban restaurants are small Mom and Pop stores, but not Cuba Libre. The build out is beautiful; it looks like a movie set. The food is all excellent and authentic, which is unusual for a chain. Try the Churrasco.Special Features:
- Fantastic Cuban FoodBdd1989Dined on 5/23/2014My wife ordered the 15 item sampler let me say this is fantastic, but it is way too much food for one person. We could have easily split this dinner and both left full. So I do not recommend ordering 2 of these samplers. I had the Cuban sandwich which was also awesome, it came with black bean soup, salad and chips. Also too much as I ate some of my wife's appitizers. When you go there, pull up to the valet (this is used by several businesses and is right in front of Tommy Bahamas) no charge just tip the valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for International DrOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Great find for the convention center area of Orlando. The Cuban fare was very good and our waiter was a pleasure since he seemed to really enjoy his job and the menu.Special Features:
- Very fun evening!JaneVIPDined on 5/17/2014The drinks were great and the food was wonderful. Our group of 10 had a nice little private alcove that made it perfect for meeting goers to come and go and we had a blast! Thank you!Special Features: