Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
9101 International Drive
The Point Orlando
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4072261600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday and Saturdays 5pm-10:30pm.
Happy Hour Everyday 5-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Pernot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On Fridays, Saturdays and for special events, Cuba Libre turns up the Latin rhythm as professional salsa dancers, musicians and other entertainers perform floor shows in the dining room. After dinner hours Cuba Libre clears the tables allowing guests to dance to a DJ spinning tropical dance, salsa, merengue, bachata & Latin house.
A word from Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Cuba Libre features a contemporary interpretation of traditional Cuban cuisine & a broad base of authentic Cuban cocktails, including an extensive rum selection highlighting our signature mojito. Passing through the doors of the restaurant, guests are transported to Havana, Cuba, circa the 1950s. One-of-a-kind mill work & architectural salvage including unique doors, gates, cabinetry, furniture & accessories help capture the essence of old Cuban architecture. Our name is our hope for the future of the treasured island nation of Cuba. Cuba Libre will not accept reservation from diners under the age of 21 after 9PM on Friday & Saturday, & the dress code for Friday & Saturday is upscale casual. Complimentary valet parking available for your convienence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (63)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (52)romantic (39)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (3)Show More
- SuperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Really good place to have fun with friends and familySpecial Features:
- Never again.Orlandolocal7Dined on 10/18/2014Everything about this place is a big MISS! I am from Miami and know good Cuban/Latino food... so if you want a good experience go to Bongos and you will get better food and service.
- Poor Service, Poor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014It took a very long time to get service, even though we had reservations. We understand being patient on a busy weekend night, but it doesn't excuse poor service. Add to that that the food was mediocre. We had to send back items multiple times. The overall experience was not pleasant. We did not feel like we were attended to properly. We do not recommend this restaurant.
- Great Cuban Sandwich Spring RollsKeepUrBalanceDined on 10/17/2014These were my favorite - could've just eaten these all night for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, slow serviceLovemyfoodDined on 10/17/2014Ambiance was fabulous. Food was delicious. Our server was attentive and very informational. The kitchen was exceptionally slow so be sure you have a lot of time to relax and you will enjoy. The mojitos were nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timersluv2eatDined on 10/17/2014We haven't had much exposure to Cuban food, this was awesome! We had the 15 flavors special and all was great. Wait staff was attentive and courtious. The background music was nice without being too loud. Prices were what I had expected for a restaurant like this. Will make the 80 mile trip againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Good ambienceTheresaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food was fantastic. Somewhat different than typical Mexican fare. very flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTable4TwoDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were looking forward to eating at this restaurant. Unfortunately, we left disappointed. We are familiar with the style of food; therefore, we can honestly say that it was extremely overpriced. The food was average. The service was ok. Portions were small, especially dessert ( served in a container slightly larger than a shot glass). We will not return!
- great restaurantgemsdDined on 10/10/2014we sat outside, very cozy. Service was great our waitress knew the food and was able to make recommendations based on our questions. Our food was delicious, great seasoning not over the top. coconut mojitos were great. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great Cuban Food!NameVIPDined on 10/4/2014We always visit Cuba Libre when visiting Orlando. Consistent great service and the consistent delicious food. Caipirinhas are a MUST! If you get there for happy hour, they're only $5. Value!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuba LibreViszlaDined on 9/29/2014We visited Cuba Libre on a Monday evening. The restaurant had a good crowd. Our wait staff was very knowledgeable of the menu and made excellent suggestions for both drinks and dinner. I had the grilled pineapple mojito which was the best mojito I have ever had. Our meal was equally delicious. We left full and satisfied and will definitely stop back on our next trip to Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was amazing!KrisDined on 9/27/2014Went here with a group of 6, great size booths along wall. Waiter had good suggestions and ended up with pitcher of sangria (half price during happy hour!) and most of us did the Magical Dining menu, choosing 2 tapas, an entree, then mini dessert.. The tapas were a large portion so we couldn't eat much of the entrees, but had great leftovers the next evening!! Everything was flavorful and melted in our mouth.. We ALL will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome islander visit!DeliciousDined on 9/27/2014This was a first for our family. The Food was great and the atmosphere was unique with lively music. More importantly the service provided was over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gomeserikaDined on 9/26/2014Good food (could be better), expensive drinks (with almost no alcohol), cool ambience.Special Features:
- Started so well...TeddiMillDined on 9/23/2014We went to Cuba Libre on a Tuesday night; the restaurant was busy but not packed. We ordered from the Magical Dining Month menu, and it started so well. Our tapas were exceptional (particularly the mussels and the malanga fritters). Unfortunately, despite our 8pm reservation, it was 9.30 before we got our main courses, as the kitchen lost our ticket. I ordered the citrus grilled brick chicken, which was overly salty and the black bean croquette and kale were soggy, limp and chewy. My wife's paella de la huerta was so salty as to be inedible. In the end, neither of us ate more than a few mouthfuls of our mains; had we had more time, they would have been sent back. Desserts, however, were lovely, so the meal ended on a high note.Special Features:
- Great Cuban fusion FoodSFFoodieDined on 9/21/2014We tasted the Magical dinning menu and it was a great value. you choose 2 appetizers, 1 entrees, and 1 dessert. We like the steamed mussels, yuca fries, and the pulled pork. Waiters were friendly and helpful, and the service was great. The only negative notes are the music was too loud, and they should go light on the sauces.Special Features:
- Amazing!!LatingrlDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went for a dinner date night. I am Latin by blood and was looking forward to this meal. Everything at CubaLibre is authentic!!! From the atmosphere to the food is pure Cuba. We had a reservation so there was no wait. The waiter was extremely attentive. Food was delicious, from the pressed Cuban bread to the malanga fritters to the ropa vieja. New modern twist to old Cuban classics. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatDonDrDonDined on 9/20/2014I will start with the free valet parking!! That is real plus in the Orlando International Dr. entertainment area. The service was informative and attentive. We choose to eat inside because the sun was strong on the patio when we arrive, but by the time we left I could see that the patio ws the place to be. I held back a star for ambiance because my chair and table "rocked back and forth. The food was good and was not some fare that you could not pick up in your neighborhood bar and grill where everybody knows your name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical DiningMisbjaDined on 9/20/2014My family and I dined, choosing the Magical Dining menu. Our server was very good. We chose 2 tapas each to start and shared, they were really taste Nd quite large. Main course was very large, too much for us. The desert, was a choice of 6 cream based in small glasses. The Tiramasu was the best. We ordered a bottle of red wine, but would not recommend to do this as it did not go with the high spice food, water would have been better. There was a $5 that could be ordered with this menu, we had one to finish, but we're charged the full $10 price, spoke to the server and this was quickly rectified. Would visit again, but probably only order some tapas and waster, as we are not big eaters.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing dancingRichardLDined on 9/19/2014I have had dinner before at this place and the food is superb. Service is good. No complaints here. On the weekends there's latin music and dancing and we wanted to do that. Starts around 10:30. To my disappointment all they played was bachatta music. I like bavhatta, but not good at dancing it. I would think that latin dance would entail salsa, merengue, maybe even samba, rumba, or tango, but we stayed for 45 minutes and left as nothing but bachatta was being played. That was anticlimactic.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerlaraflDined on 9/19/2014we went and got the September dining menu for our 50th anniversary. the choices were good and we ordered from the menu and also had a bar drink, WOW. Server was attentive and one of the items ordered 'fried green plantains' was not what we expected, we told her and she immediately talked to her manager and got us a replacement, bravo. for anniversaries, they usually give you free dessert, but since dessert was included in the price of the dinner, we opted for free coffee, and got the Cuban style, which was also wonderful. we had enough food to take home and will have another feast tonite. this is a great restaurant, and they validate parking !!Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceLLB7Dined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was fun - like you were in a Cuban village. The mojitos were fresh and delicious and the service was great! The waiter was so helpful on explaining the items on the menu. Two lively salsa dancers gave a preview of what the dancing would be like later in the evening, which was fun to watch! I only wish we could have stayed to part of the nightclub scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FusionColewaDined on 9/12/2014Cuba Libra is a great fusion restaurant. Successfully they have fused together traditional Cuban flavors with the modern flavors of today. Served in a beautiful setting of the courtyard brought indoors this high energy restaurant is a great night out on International Drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodmagicdineDined on 9/6/2014I liked the food at this restaurant and the service was good. I was disappointed as I taught the dancing continued as you dine. A pair of dancers did one song at 9;15pm and that was it as we dined. I picked this restaurant as I was told my previous guest to the restaurant that they had dancing as you dine. The overall experience was good and the staff very friendly and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time and still the sameTinkeringeekDined on 9/6/2014We visited the restaurant 3 times now, and each time has been a great dining experience. Food taste is authentic (at least to non Cuban like us) and service is awesome. The appetizers are great as Tappas and alone, they could be dinner. The entrees are of great portion. The Mojitos are excellent, and they have a full bar. The decor is intended to be a reminiscent of old Cuba, and if it's truly representative of it, we would love to see Cuba someday. Overall, it's a reliable place to come and dine.Special Features:
- Outstanding all around.SfarmDined on 9/6/2014Great place for Cuban/Latin food. The food served was wonderful. Very well seasoned and flavorful. Waiter (Alan) was one of the most attentive I have experienced. Had excellent knowledge of the menu and made great suggestions for our table of four. The ambiance of the restaurant added to the food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTampa1Dined on 9/5/2014We had a really nice experience and the food was authentic cuban food! Music was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good drinks.unclefunkleDined on 9/4/2014Was in Orlando for a tradeshow at the Orange County Convention Center. Walking distance from the convention center and surrounding hotels. Good food, drinks and friendly quality service. Large high ceiling main dining room, outside and upstairs options as well.Special Features:
- Great Food and Excellent ServiceTheFernandinaVillagerDined on 9/3/2014The portion sizes and flavor were excellent. This is the first restaurant I've been to that the waiter cleaned the table between each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner Done RightRobertDined on 9/3/2014Went to Cuba Libre for our anniversary, we were greeted at the front door and welcomed with Happy Anniversary. Sat down and our Server said Happy Anniversary. The Server suggested some Pisco drinks and we ordered the ceviche appetizer. Both were awesome. We then had the Red Snapper special and Arroz con Pollo, both were amazing. I forgot to mention their bread is killer. We skipped dessert but they looked yummy. Overall, our anniversary dinner was special. The staff, food and drink were perfect. Bonus was the Manager called me the next day to check to make sure our anniversary dinner was special. We will be back to Cuba Libre at Pointe Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, ambiance, service, v.goodGoldstarDined on 8/30/2014We experienced Cuba Libre for Magical Dining experience. Very impressed with ambiance, food and service.Special Features:
- Shrimp Cheese Appetizer - GOODKMGSADined on 8/30/2014The Pallamillo steak was thickly breaded and overcooked, ate only a few bites. The pulled pork was stringy and tough. The shrimp/cheese appetizer was excellent. The restaurant was not busy early Sat evening but we felt rushed for our table to be cleared. We were looking forward to dinner at Cuba Libra but it was a big disappointment - we will not return.
- Great for Magical DiningMtronDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant has one of the biggest Magical Dining menus I've seen. The food was delicious! The drinks from the bar were good. We had a 6:30 reservation on a Friday night so it wasn't crowded or loud.Special Features:
- Not greatDCDinnerDined on 8/22/2014The decor feels like a Cuban casona with nice upscale touches. Their food is fresh but a far shot from the real thing - Ceviche w/o rocoto pepper and paella w/o olive oil - (I know neither are Cuban dishes, but they should have thought of those things before adding to their menu). Mixed service, with poor seating process and an aloof hostess but great table waiting. I would go back just for drinks. They seem to try to improve as they followed up with a phone call.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014The food at Cuba Libre is on the gourmet side, ridiculously delicious and worth the price! The service was also EXCELENTE! I hope they never change the quality of food and standard of service! A great gem in the middle of all the other touristy and chain restaurants!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Great fantastic service. Awesome server. He was very informative and wonderful vibe.professional that represents the restaurant well. The desserts are very very sweet. overwhelmingly underwhelming. Delicious mojitos. Especially the coconut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David and 20 y/o daughterSuperbDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service. Food is great and the ambience is amaizing. Well culinary knowledgeable staff. Mojitos....OMG!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner I Had in Orlando!ThundermagicDined on 8/9/2014I visited Orlando, FL, for a week, and this was the best dinner I had during my stay. I had the Chef's tasting menu of 15 items and it was absolutely great! I think they need to work on their wine menu though, but that aside, it was a great value and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place to celebrateChachaDined on 8/8/2014We dine at the Orlando location for many special ocasions from large party birthday celebrations, romantic anniversaries, to celebrating good news with family including kids. We've sit outside and also inside. The food is awesome, tasty and so different the regular restaurant chains. I've always received good service and even when I asked where they purchased the seating, the manager came out to explain everything to me.Special Features:
- What's not to love?TXKsDined on 8/7/2014An amazing experience! You need one of these in Houston. Seriously! Everything was outstanding. Mojitos are terrific. Food is unbelievably good. Really worthy of highest praise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.