Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
9101 International Drive
The Point Orlando
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (407) 226-1600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday and Saturdays 5pm-10:30pm.
Happy Hour Everyday 5-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Pernot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On Fridays, Saturdays and for special events, Cuba Libre turns up the Latin rhythm as professional salsa dancers, musicians and other entertainers perform floor shows in the dining room. After dinner hours Cuba Libre clears the tables allowing guests to dance to a DJ spinning tropical dance, salsa, merengue, bachata & Latin house.
A word from Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Cuba Libre features a contemporary interpretation of traditional Cuban cuisine & a broad base of authentic Cuban cocktails, including an extensive rum selection highlighting our signature mojito. Passing through the doors of the restaurant, guests are transported to Havana, Cuba, circa the 1950s. One-of-a-kind mill work & architectural salvage including unique doors, gates, cabinetry, furniture & accessories help capture the essence of old Cuban architecture. Our name is our hope for the future of the treasured island nation of Cuba. Cuba Libre will not accept reservation from diners under the age of 21 after 9PM on Friday & Saturday, & the dress code for Friday & Saturday is upscale casual. Complimentary valet parking available for your convienence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (73)special occasion (52)fit for foodies (49)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (35)romantic (33)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (24)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (6)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Outstandingmojos12000Dined on 11/20/2014The food and service were excellent. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaborLuv2dineDined on 11/14/2014Food is good, the churrasco was excellent however the Mahi Mahibis two small for the price less than2" overpriceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An overall experience not to be missed!simmojbDined on 11/13/2014We sat outside, thanks to perfect weather, and I ordered the Vaca Frita. I received a dish that was an elegant take on a classic, featuring beef that was perfectly seasoned, and was the glue that held together a dish that was awash in tantalizing flavors. Most places will serve you meat that is dry, bland, or otherwise unpalatable--not at Cuba Libre! Our meal was a fine testament to a skilled chef! Our server, Jorge, was attentive, professional, and as knowledgeable about the food (not just what the menu *said*) as it gets. He answered every question we had, and we were 100% right in following his recommendations. Even the drinks we ordered from the bar were the best I have had in Orlando--which is saying something for a city that seems to have a huge number of bartenders! It was a great meal that you expect to receive in the heart of International Drive. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and VibrantCarolronDined on 11/11/2014Excellent food and has a very hip vibe. Great for group events!Special Features:
- Bachelorette BashSeraphim3Dined on 11/8/2014We drove up to Orlando for a friends Bachelorette party. Being from Miami (and Cuban) I thought this would be a great place for dinner and dancing. The food wasn't my mothers cuban food, more like Cuban with a twist. If you are looking for homestyle authentic cuban, this isn't the place for you BUT, with that said, the food was delicious. I highly recommend the Vaca Frita! It was sooo good. The atmosphere is what really sold it for us. The staff was really friendly and super attentive, dinner was nice and quite but after dinner the place turns into a club and it is perfect, great mix of salsa and contemporary music. The DJ was exceptional and the atmosphere was great. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuba Libre Disappointing NightDisapointmentDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time in the place and we din't knew nor we were told that at that at 10:30 PM the restaurant turns into a night club with selected VIP seating. We were forced move or leave since in order to stay we would had to buy a botttle of Champagne, at least, so we opted to leave. We felt that we were treated as second class customer. Unfortunately, people who have asked about our experience that night, we have no choice but to mention how disapointing was our dinning experience at Cuba Libre Restaurant. Don't think we will ever return or recommend.
- Great food experienceAndresDined on 11/8/2014Cuba Libre has a nice ambiance, for either a small gathering or romantic dinner. The decor simulates that of the Hemingway era in Cuba. Staff is knowledgable about the food and drink selection.Special Features:
- everything goodNickDined on 11/6/2014Food was very good, service was good. Would return next time in town.Special Features:
- Good but not greatctbrubakerVIPDined on 11/6/2014Was in town for a convention. Had dinner and drinks. The food was good but not great. I did really enjoy the empanades. They were hot, perfectly fried and good flavors. I had the vegetable paella and thought for $20 it wasn't stellar. Good vegis but the flavor was just nothing to write home about. The drinks were good and service was attentive. Nice sitting outside. The plantain chips were really good. I think I would go back for drinks and appetizers but maybe skip the overpriced dinner plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!VnessaDined on 11/5/2014Thank you for a wonderful evening and for letting me set up the area and bring cake for the birthday girl! You guys rock! Service was perfect!Special Features:
- IT IS MY NEW FAVORITEMCB2VIPDined on 11/3/2014Great quality. Huge portions. Exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long live Cuba LibreChucknBonniDined on 10/29/2014Wonderful experience!! Our Waiter was fantastic and made the night very memorable for us. We listened to his suggestions and they were spot on for us. The food was very good and plenty. No one went home hungry, that's for sure. If it were closer for us we would visit all the time. A GREAT experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very authentic food -CatMannDined on 10/29/2014Not your "run of the mill" restaurant. Staff was very accdomodating.Special Features:
- GoodandhealthyDined on 10/25/2014Really wanted to love this place, but it didn't happen. The only entree choice for vegetarians was mainly composed of rice and it was on the salty side; artichoke hearts seemed to come right out of the jar. The ambiance was nice. Service could have been better, delay in serving bread, soup served without spoons, meals from another table brought to our table; served a meal before realizing the food was not ours, check re-calculated 3 times. A member in our group was celebrating a birthday, the staff did not even say 'Happy Birthday' when we sang or as we were getting dessert. No personal attention, very mechanical, seemed the server and crew just wanted to take orders, serve and clean up without paying attention to individual table details.Special Features:
- Really good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our food-it was delicious! Portions were ample and service great! We will gladly be back!Special Features:
- AmazingDaisyAcostaDined on 10/24/2014We were more than pleased with this restaurant and with the service! The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but NOT last visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014The food, atmosphere and service were outstanding. Had heard great things and Cuba Libre lived up to them!!!Special Features:
- Great placeMariaDined on 10/22/2014We will definitely go back. Food was very good, service was great, everyone was very attentive.Special Features:
- SuperysriveraDined on 10/18/2014Really good place to have fun with friends and familySpecial Features:
- Never again.Orlandolocal7Dined on 10/18/2014Everything about this place is a big MISS! I am from Miami and know good Cuban/Latino food... so if you want a good experience go to Bongos and you will get better food and service.
- Poor Service, Poor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014It took a very long time to get service, even though we had reservations. We understand being patient on a busy weekend night, but it doesn't excuse poor service. Add to that that the food was mediocre. We had to send back items multiple times. The overall experience was not pleasant. We did not feel like we were attended to properly. We do not recommend this restaurant.
- Great Cuban Sandwich Spring RollsKeepUrBalanceDined on 10/17/2014These were my favorite - could've just eaten these all night for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, slow serviceLovemyfoodDined on 10/17/2014Ambiance was fabulous. Food was delicious. Our server was attentive and very informational. The kitchen was exceptionally slow so be sure you have a lot of time to relax and you will enjoy. The mojitos were nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timersluv2eatDined on 10/17/2014We haven't had much exposure to Cuban food, this was awesome! We had the 15 flavors special and all was great. Wait staff was attentive and courtious. The background music was nice without being too loud. Prices were what I had expected for a restaurant like this. Will make the 80 mile trip againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Good ambienceTheresaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food was fantastic. Somewhat different than typical Mexican fare. very flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTable4TwoDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were looking forward to eating at this restaurant. Unfortunately, we left disappointed. We are familiar with the style of food; therefore, we can honestly say that it was extremely overpriced. The food was average. The service was ok. Portions were small, especially dessert ( served in a container slightly larger than a shot glass). We will not return!
- great restaurantgemsdDined on 10/10/2014we sat outside, very cozy. Service was great our waitress knew the food and was able to make recommendations based on our questions. Our food was delicious, great seasoning not over the top. coconut mojitos were great. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great Cuban Food!NameVIPDined on 10/4/2014We always visit Cuba Libre when visiting Orlando. Consistent great service and the consistent delicious food. Caipirinhas are a MUST! If you get there for happy hour, they're only $5. Value!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuba LibreViszlaDined on 9/29/2014We visited Cuba Libre on a Monday evening. The restaurant had a good crowd. Our wait staff was very knowledgeable of the menu and made excellent suggestions for both drinks and dinner. I had the grilled pineapple mojito which was the best mojito I have ever had. Our meal was equally delicious. We left full and satisfied and will definitely stop back on our next trip to Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was amazing!KrisDined on 9/27/2014Went here with a group of 6, great size booths along wall. Waiter had good suggestions and ended up with pitcher of sangria (half price during happy hour!) and most of us did the Magical Dining menu, choosing 2 tapas, an entree, then mini dessert.. The tapas were a large portion so we couldn't eat much of the entrees, but had great leftovers the next evening!! Everything was flavorful and melted in our mouth.. We ALL will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome islander visit!DeliciousDined on 9/27/2014This was a first for our family. The Food was great and the atmosphere was unique with lively music. More importantly the service provided was over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gomeserikaDined on 9/26/2014Good food (could be better), expensive drinks (with almost no alcohol), cool ambience.Special Features:
- Started so well...TeddiMillDined on 9/23/2014We went to Cuba Libre on a Tuesday night; the restaurant was busy but not packed. We ordered from the Magical Dining Month menu, and it started so well. Our tapas were exceptional (particularly the mussels and the malanga fritters). Unfortunately, despite our 8pm reservation, it was 9.30 before we got our main courses, as the kitchen lost our ticket. I ordered the citrus grilled brick chicken, which was overly salty and the black bean croquette and kale were soggy, limp and chewy. My wife's paella de la huerta was so salty as to be inedible. In the end, neither of us ate more than a few mouthfuls of our mains; had we had more time, they would have been sent back. Desserts, however, were lovely, so the meal ended on a high note.Special Features:
- Great Cuban fusion FoodSFFoodieDined on 9/21/2014We tasted the Magical dinning menu and it was a great value. you choose 2 appetizers, 1 entrees, and 1 dessert. We like the steamed mussels, yuca fries, and the pulled pork. Waiters were friendly and helpful, and the service was great. The only negative notes are the music was too loud, and they should go light on the sauces.Special Features:
- Amazing!!LatingrlDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went for a dinner date night. I am Latin by blood and was looking forward to this meal. Everything at CubaLibre is authentic!!! From the atmosphere to the food is pure Cuba. We had a reservation so there was no wait. The waiter was extremely attentive. Food was delicious, from the pressed Cuban bread to the malanga fritters to the ropa vieja. New modern twist to old Cuban classics. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatDonDrDonDined on 9/20/2014I will start with the free valet parking!! That is real plus in the Orlando International Dr. entertainment area. The service was informative and attentive. We choose to eat inside because the sun was strong on the patio when we arrive, but by the time we left I could see that the patio ws the place to be. I held back a star for ambiance because my chair and table "rocked back and forth. The food was good and was not some fare that you could not pick up in your neighborhood bar and grill where everybody knows your name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical DiningMisbjaDined on 9/20/2014My family and I dined, choosing the Magical Dining menu. Our server was very good. We chose 2 tapas each to start and shared, they were really taste Nd quite large. Main course was very large, too much for us. The desert, was a choice of 6 cream based in small glasses. The Tiramasu was the best. We ordered a bottle of red wine, but would not recommend to do this as it did not go with the high spice food, water would have been better. There was a $5 that could be ordered with this menu, we had one to finish, but we're charged the full $10 price, spoke to the server and this was quickly rectified. Would visit again, but probably only order some tapas and waster, as we are not big eaters.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing dancingRichardLDined on 9/19/2014I have had dinner before at this place and the food is superb. Service is good. No complaints here. On the weekends there's latin music and dancing and we wanted to do that. Starts around 10:30. To my disappointment all they played was bachatta music. I like bavhatta, but not good at dancing it. I would think that latin dance would entail salsa, merengue, maybe even samba, rumba, or tango, but we stayed for 45 minutes and left as nothing but bachatta was being played. That was anticlimactic.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerlaraflDined on 9/19/2014we went and got the September dining menu for our 50th anniversary. the choices were good and we ordered from the menu and also had a bar drink, WOW. Server was attentive and one of the items ordered 'fried green plantains' was not what we expected, we told her and she immediately talked to her manager and got us a replacement, bravo. for anniversaries, they usually give you free dessert, but since dessert was included in the price of the dinner, we opted for free coffee, and got the Cuban style, which was also wonderful. we had enough food to take home and will have another feast tonite. this is a great restaurant, and they validate parking !!Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceLLB7Dined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was fun - like you were in a Cuban village. The mojitos were fresh and delicious and the service was great! The waiter was so helpful on explaining the items on the menu. Two lively salsa dancers gave a preview of what the dancing would be like later in the evening, which was fun to watch! I only wish we could have stayed to part of the nightclub scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.