Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
9101 International Drive
The Point Orlando
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4072261600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday and Saturdays 5pm-10:30pm.
Happy Hour Everyday 5-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Pernot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On Fridays, Saturdays and for special events, Cuba Libre turns up the Latin rhythm as professional salsa dancers, musicians and other entertainers perform floor shows in the dining room. After dinner hours Cuba Libre clears the tables allowing guests to dance to a DJ spinning tropical dance, salsa, merengue, bachata & Latin house.
A word from Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Cuba Libre features a contemporary interpretation of traditional Cuban cuisine & a broad base of authentic Cuban cocktails, including an extensive rum selection highlighting our signature mojito. Passing through the doors of the restaurant, guests are transported to Havana, Cuba, circa the 1950s. One-of-a-kind mill work & architectural salvage including unique doors, gates, cabinetry, furniture & accessories help capture the essence of old Cuban architecture. Our name is our hope for the future of the treasured island nation of Cuba. Cuba Libre will not accept reservation from diners under the age of 21 after 9PM on Friday & Saturday, & the dress code for Friday & Saturday is upscale casual. Complimentary valet parking available for your convienence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (54)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (46)romantic (42)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (31)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great Cuban fusion FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We tasted the Magical dinning menu and it was a great value. you choose 2 appetizers, 1 entrees, and 1 dessert. We like the steamed mussels, yuca fries, and the pulled pork. Waiters were friendly and helpful, and the service was great. The only negative notes are the music was too loud, and they should go light on the sauces.Special Features:
- Magical DiningMisbjaDined on 9/20/2014My family and I dined, choosing the Magical Dining menu. Our server was very good. We chose 2 tapas each to start and shared, they were really taste Nd quite large. Main course was very large, too much for us. The desert, was a choice of 6 cream based in small glasses. The Tiramasu was the best. We ordered a bottle of red wine, but would not recommend to do this as it did not go with the high spice food, water would have been better. There was a $5 that could be ordered with this menu, we had one to finish, but we're charged the full $10 price, spoke to the server and this was quickly rectified. Would visit again, but probably only order some tapas and waster, as we are not big eaters.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing dancingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014I have had dinner before at this place and the food is superb. Service is good. No complaints here. On the weekends there's latin music and dancing and we wanted to do that. Starts around 10:30. To my disappointment all they played was bachatta music. I like bavhatta, but not good at dancing it. I would think that latin dance would entail salsa, merengue, maybe even samba, rumba, or tango, but we stayed for 45 minutes and left as nothing but bachatta was being played. That was anticlimactic.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014we went and got the September dining menu for our 50th anniversary. the choices were good and we ordered from the menu and also had a bar drink, WOW. Server was attentive and one of the items ordered 'fried green plantains' was not what we expected, we told her and she immediately talked to her manager and got us a replacement, bravo. for anniversaries, they usually give you free dessert, but since dessert was included in the price of the dinner, we opted for free coffee, and got the Cuban style, which was also wonderful. we had enough food to take home and will have another feast tonite. this is a great restaurant, and they validate parking !!Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceLLB7Dined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was fun - like you were in a Cuban village. The mojitos were fresh and delicious and the service was great! The waiter was so helpful on explaining the items on the menu. Two lively salsa dancers gave a preview of what the dancing would be like later in the evening, which was fun to watch! I only wish we could have stayed to part of the nightclub scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FusionColewaDined on 9/12/2014Cuba Libra is a great fusion restaurant. Successfully they have fused together traditional Cuban flavors with the modern flavors of today. Served in a beautiful setting of the courtyard brought indoors this high energy restaurant is a great night out on International Drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodmagicdineDined on 9/6/2014I liked the food at this restaurant and the service was good. I was disappointed as I taught the dancing continued as you dine. A pair of dancers did one song at 9;15pm and that was it as we dined. I picked this restaurant as I was told my previous guest to the restaurant that they had dancing as you dine. The overall experience was good and the staff very friendly and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time and still the sameTinkeringeekDined on 9/6/2014We visited the restaurant 3 times now, and each time has been a great dining experience. Food taste is authentic (at least to non Cuban like us) and service is awesome. The appetizers are great as Tappas and alone, they could be dinner. The entrees are of great portion. The Mojitos are excellent, and they have a full bar. The decor is intended to be a reminiscent of old Cuba, and if it's truly representative of it, we would love to see Cuba someday. Overall, it's a reliable place to come and dine.Special Features:
- Outstanding all around.SfarmDined on 9/6/2014Great place for Cuban/Latin food. The food served was wonderful. Very well seasoned and flavorful. Waiter (Alan) was one of the most attentive I have experienced. Had excellent knowledge of the menu and made great suggestions for our table of four. The ambiance of the restaurant added to the food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTampa1Dined on 9/5/2014We had a really nice experience and the food was authentic cuban food! Music was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good drinks.unclefunkleDined on 9/4/2014Was in Orlando for a tradeshow at the Orange County Convention Center. Walking distance from the convention center and surrounding hotels. Good food, drinks and friendly quality service. Large high ceiling main dining room, outside and upstairs options as well.Special Features:
- Great Food and Excellent ServiceTheFernandinaVillagerDined on 9/3/2014The portion sizes and flavor were excellent. This is the first restaurant I've been to that the waiter cleaned the table between each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner Done RightRobertDined on 9/3/2014Went to Cuba Libre for our anniversary, we were greeted at the front door and welcomed with Happy Anniversary. Sat down and our Server said Happy Anniversary. The Server suggested some Pisco drinks and we ordered the ceviche appetizer. Both were awesome. We then had the Red Snapper special and Arroz con Pollo, both were amazing. I forgot to mention their bread is killer. We skipped dessert but they looked yummy. Overall, our anniversary dinner was special. The staff, food and drink were perfect. Bonus was the Manager called me the next day to check to make sure our anniversary dinner was special. We will be back to Cuba Libre at Pointe Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, ambiance, service, v.goodGoldstarDined on 8/30/2014We experienced Cuba Libre for Magical Dining experience. Very impressed with ambiance, food and service.Special Features:
- Shrimp Cheese Appetizer - GOODKMGSADined on 8/30/2014The Pallamillo steak was thickly breaded and overcooked, ate only a few bites. The pulled pork was stringy and tough. The shrimp/cheese appetizer was excellent. The restaurant was not busy early Sat evening but we felt rushed for our table to be cleared. We were looking forward to dinner at Cuba Libra but it was a big disappointment - we will not return.
- Great for Magical DiningMtronDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant has one of the biggest Magical Dining menus I've seen. The food was delicious! The drinks from the bar were good. We had a 6:30 reservation on a Friday night so it wasn't crowded or loud.Special Features:
- Not greatDCDinnerDined on 8/22/2014The decor feels like a Cuban casona with nice upscale touches. Their food is fresh but a far shot from the real thing - Ceviche w/o rocoto pepper and paella w/o olive oil - (I know neither are Cuban dishes, but they should have thought of those things before adding to their menu). Mixed service, with poor seating process and an aloof hostess but great table waiting. I would go back just for drinks. They seem to try to improve as they followed up with a phone call.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014The food at Cuba Libre is on the gourmet side, ridiculously delicious and worth the price! The service was also EXCELENTE! I hope they never change the quality of food and standard of service! A great gem in the middle of all the other touristy and chain restaurants!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Great fantastic service. Awesome server. He was very informative and wonderful vibe.professional that represents the restaurant well. The desserts are very very sweet. overwhelmingly underwhelming. Delicious mojitos. Especially the coconut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David and 20 y/o daughterSuperbDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service. Food is great and the ambience is amaizing. Well culinary knowledgeable staff. Mojitos....OMG!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner I Had in Orlando!ThundermagicDined on 8/9/2014I visited Orlando, FL, for a week, and this was the best dinner I had during my stay. I had the Chef's tasting menu of 15 items and it was absolutely great! I think they need to work on their wine menu though, but that aside, it was a great value and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place to celebrateChachaDined on 8/8/2014We dine at the Orlando location for many special ocasions from large party birthday celebrations, romantic anniversaries, to celebrating good news with family including kids. We've sit outside and also inside. The food is awesome, tasty and so different the regular restaurant chains. I've always received good service and even when I asked where they purchased the seating, the manager came out to explain everything to me.Special Features:
- What's not to love?TXKsDined on 8/7/2014An amazing experience! You need one of these in Houston. Seriously! Everything was outstanding. Mojitos are terrific. Food is unbelievably good. Really worthy of highest praise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJTNJDined on 8/6/2014Great food all around, had a group of 12, everyone loved everything they ordered. Food is very consistent to the high quality food from their other locationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun atmosphere!dina77Dined on 7/26/2014The food is delicious and the atmosphere is really fun! It turns into a club at 10:30 pm on the weekends. The decor and buildout are beautiful.Special Features:
- Terrific VenueAshley711VIPDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I are local to Orlando and would honestly not consider Point Orlando a great location to dine...However, my opinion was completely changed last Saturday night. We had amazing service and the food was phenomenal. The price point was great and we didn't have to break the bank. Valet was even complimentary! The entire evening was terrific. I would highly recommend this location as a top restaurant to dine in Orlando. Many thanks to Eduardo for fantastic (but not obtrusive) service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but no 15 tastes of CubabobospotVIPDined on 7/26/2014Drinks at happy hour in the bar area were reasonably priced and service was very attentive. GREAT ATMOSPHERE - BUT JUST GOOD CUBAN FOOD Do not be taken by the 15 TASTES OF CUBA, as for $39.95 you can do much better ordering individual appetizers: the Shrimp Ceviche that was excellent, the Mahi-Mahi & the Churrasco a la Cubana both good to very good. The Grilled Baby Octopus which is one my favorites, was a disappointment: tough and not grilled long enough to get the grill flavor. The Cuban Sandwich Spring Rolls was very good while the Papas Rellenas was OK. AVOID Mamá Amelia’s Empanada de la Casa, Mariquitas Cubanas, Malanga Fritters. Would go back to this restaurant for happy hour drinks and tapas at the bar, only.Special Features:
- Great Cuban food, but expensiveKPorlandoDined on 7/21/2014The food was very good, and this is a great addition to the Orlando restaurant scene, especially for those that enjoy Cuban food. My only complaint is that the portions are quite modest, and the prices quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sinfully indulgent food & serviceTravelingJennDined on 7/20/2014Cuba Libre is one of my favorite restaurants in Orlando. The setting and ambiance are unparalleled, as is the service. The only thing that they do better than taking care of their guests is their food. It is absolutely mouthwatering and presented thoughtfully and beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/19/2014We went with my brother and his 6 and 7 year old and we had such a wonderful time. There are menus for kids and the food is "friendly" for all types of tastebuds! The food is so superior and the service makes it more than a dinner out....it is truly an experience. The environment is beautiful. My brother said it was the best Mojito he ever had. My sangria was delicious. For appetizers we had empanadas, the trio with dips, the shrimp ceviche, and for dinner we had steak, fish, and pork....All truly delicious. The black beans were outstanding and the seasoning on the food is authentic! You will not be disappointed if you enjoy Cuban cuisine in an elegant environment with an excellent drink menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The music for the Latin dancing had a very strong beat and you could feel the bass through your clothes. However, this extreme noise level detracted was joying the evening because you could not talk to and enjoy the company of the person next too you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChainyGrubfinderVIPDined on 7/17/2014Ate at Cuba Libre in Philly and it was great, the Orlando version was very average.Special Features:
- Great spotDiningFanDined on 7/12/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. Food is great, service is outstanding! Works for a date night or even a night out on the town with friends or family. The mojitos are a must!Special Features:
- ExcellentHmb1Dined on 7/12/2014Everything was great. I enjoyed having something different instead of the same old thing everyone serves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back in 2015EchevarriaTravelDined on 7/5/2014Went here with friends during our convention, wonderful. I would suggest a little better lighting no one could read the menusSpecial Features:
- ExcellentRicksReviewDined on 7/5/2014Great place. Good food, great service and very pleasant! Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It reminded me of Cuba!JerryVIPDined on 7/4/2014The mixed grill and fried plantains were amazing! The service was great too! Try the mango mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday experiencePrideDined on 6/28/2014We just hosted a birthday dinner for my wife. It was excellent as expected, she and I had attended about a month earlier and knew it would be a great spot to bring our friends. Carlos our server was great and we will definitely attend again when we are in Orlando. You will definitely be satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/25/2014The staff here really makes you feel like family! Great food, and a wide open dining room makes Cuba Libre stand out on the busy I-Drive. Will be back again for sure!Special Features:
- Did Not Disappoint!TheWTBDined on 6/24/2014First time dining at CL. I had high hopes for some good Cuban food, but realistic expectations considering we were smack in the middle of tourist town. I was very pleasantly surprised at the level of service (which is usually the first thing to go in a tourist environment) and the quality of the meals. The next time you're on I-Drive in Orlando, do your taste buds a favor and take them to Cuba Libre!Special Features: