Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs
2138 Business Rt 220
Bedford, PA 15522Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bedfordspringsresort.com/dining/crystal_dining_room.asp
- Phone: 8146245648
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm,; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Konrad Meier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Private Party Facilities: The Crystal Room offers various banquet rooms & separate small rooms within the main dining area.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Neal 8146245649
A word from Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs
The Crystal Room offers all day dining featuring a rotisserie exhibition kitchen & showcasing the unique flavors of Bedford County.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs - Best Restaurants in Bedford ›
Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (26)fit for foodies (19)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (9)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Restaurant was very noisy. Service was slow at best. Wait staff took 20 minutes to come and take our order. Came back about every 15 minutes to complain how slow the kitchen was running. Food was quite good but service and noise level made the dining experience much less than anticipated and hoped for. I would not go back to the restaurant. Much better options 2 miles away in the community.
- Phenomenal!!!girlsgetawayDined on 9/27/2014We were there to celebrate a bride to be. We had a table for 10, and were set up in the back dining area, very private and pretty. Our server was phenomenal! The food was delicious.We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly elegant experienceJanetVIPDined on 9/21/2014Interesting, lovely menu. Elegant presentation. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Great historic placedocmarcdocVIPDined on 9/20/2014Located in Bedford Springs Resort, great historic place where US presidents and dignitaries use to hang out. I have visited this restaurant several times and the service and food have always been outstanding. Their wine list is excellent as well.Special Features:
- Crystal helps a Memorial groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Crystal room went out of their way to accommodate a group of 9 friends who had come to celebrate a classmate's life. Our friend, Bedford area resident Jim MacRae and his wife had enjoyed fine dining at Bedford Springs Spa in the past. It was an excellent place for our group to remember his good life. Crystal Room provided us with a good small group room for us. Service and food were excellent, as we expected based on their experience. One of the participants was Jim's widow, who was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing dinner!waytoowarmVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had another amazing dinner at the Crystal Dining Room. My husband and I spend special occasions at Bedford Springs and are never disappointed by the food! Chef Josh Wertz is wonderful and has a great team! So creative and delicious!Special Features:
- Pretty room, okay foodmischiefmanager17Dined on 9/10/2014We had dinner in the Crystal Room during our visit to the Omni Bedford Springs. The food didn't quite measure up to the room, which is very pretty. We were unable to order an appetizer, because we don't eat pork or shellfish and all of the choices were one or the other. Our first courses were enjoyable, with the gazpacho especially good. My trout was nicely cooked, but the potato cake was pretty bland. My husband enjoyed his chicken, but the meat itself didn't have a lot of flavor. (We're used to kosher chicken, which is very flavorful.) Dessert was a real disappointment. We couldn't find anything that tempted us. I hope the panna cotta fad ends soon; I'm not a fan. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Lovely dining experienceLK2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food and service were wonderful. Lovely restaurant at a gem of a Pennsylvania resort. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- The weak linkDiningwithdavidVIPDined on 8/25/2014Bedford Springs Resort is awesome but dinner in the Crystal Room is not worthy. No one on staff could recommend wines and service was very slow. The floor supervisor did agree to deduct cost of appetizers but the waitress presented a bill with appetizers included. Food quality was OK.Special Features:
- Outstanding food but......BobbyDined on 8/20/2014I've been to the Crystal Dining Room many years ago and as before, the food and service were outstanding. I really would expect nothing less from Bedford Springs, as they try very hard to put on a top-level experience. My only complaint, when you're a guest of the resort, it would be nice if your already high dollar stay would get you a bit of break from full price on meals and drinks.Special Features:
- Great hotel restaurantFansofFabioDined on 8/12/2014We stayed at the Omni Bedford Springs and very much enjoyed our dinner at the Crystal Room. We shared an appetizer and a wonderful salad, and also shared the duck and chicken dishes. All the dishes were well prepared and delicious. The service was first rate. We told our waitress that we were sharing all the dishes and the kitchen did the splitting for us without any loss in the presentation. Well done. The wine list was reasonable and we selected an excellent California Shiraz. All in all, a very good experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014We stayed at the resort The food was delicious The service was very good The room was very pretty A formal atmosphere with a california style kitchen We wish there was an outdoor sitting area or atleast a view of the groundsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationPattiCDined on 8/8/2014We went to the Crystal Room to celebrate our son and daughter-in-law's 1st anniversary. It was delightful to say the least. The food was very good and the atmosphere charming. We ordered the cheese platter for two as an appetizer and easily fed our family of 6 - which is unheard of at such a posh restaurant. The only negative was the cost, but we knew that going in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantRichardVIPDined on 8/4/2014The filet and scallops are fabulous. The service is fabulous. The Crystal Room is gorgeous. Dinner there transports you to a more elegant place and time.Special Features:
- Consistently Solid PerformanceJohnDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten here several times over the last few years and The Crystal Dining Room stays consistently very good. The food is well prepared with nice presentation and excellent flavors. The staff continues to excel and service from all the staff is superb and extremely attentive. For hotel guests, the staff get to know you quickly and take very good care of you. Overall, a very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food worth the priceChicagoOpenTableDiner2010VIPDined on 7/15/2014Went here for my mom's birthday dinner. I had the 8 oz. filet with mushrooms, white asparagus, potatoes, and scallops. The steak was cooked well and very tender, and there were so many accompaniments that made the steak even more delicious. It was definitely worth the price I paid. Would go back and also highly recommend. I wish I remembered our server's name. She was awesome...highly attentive and delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food in nice settingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014The Omni Bedford Springs Resort is a beautiful, historic venue. The Crystal Dining Room in the Resort offers decent, though not exceptional, food at prices in line with what you would expect from a 4-star resort in a secluded setting. My wife and I dined here recently and really liked the overall resort setting. The food, however, does not merit NYC prices and the dining room itself is nice, but not exceptional from an aesthetic perspective. If you are already staying at the resort, check it out by all means. But, I wouldn't go out of your way just to go to the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Outstanding service, very professional. My daughter just started to eat seafood at the age of 20 and had salmon for dinner. She rarely finishes her food and needless to say her plate was licked clean(lol) The next day she was craving your prepared salmon. I was impressed with the cleanliness, prompt service, and great food. Thank you for such a great experience. Loved the lighting, very soft but bright enough so that I could see my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Anniversary DinnerSailorBobDined on 7/6/2014This was a getaway weekend at the Bedford Springs Resort, so we went with their top dining room and had an excellent dinner with fine service. Good table spacing and staggering of tables made for a nicely quiet and enjoyable experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewweknowfoodDined on 7/5/2014Dinner of 8. 6 of us loved our dinner - 5 filets and 1 ravioli dinner. 2 were not so good. Chicken had "bread pudding" which was actually stuffing served with it. The stuffing was ice-cold - seemed to be served straight from the refrigerator. This is not what I would expect when paying $40 for the chicken dinner. Sage polenta dinner was not good - prepared poorly. It was served dark brown, so way overcooked, and like mush inside. Not edible.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014I wanted to say the food at the Crystal Dinning room was wonderful. I would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordinary foodSpnzDined on 7/3/2014Green onion soup was mostly heavy cream, very little flavor; tomato salad was very good; bison was bland and yams were overlooked; sea bass was good
- The following 365 reviews are from the Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs reviews archive.
- JanetDined on 6/20/2014Very beautiful atomosphere, service superior, food excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/20/2014The dining room is very elegant and very efficient, we enjoyed every moment of our food and service. A lovely evening with friends.Special Features:
- Great experiencePTdinerDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had an excellent dinner with the duck which was expertly prepared. We also enjoyed 2 outstanding breakfast buffets. All of the food is tremendous. Our compliments to the excellent chefs. We really had an outstanding waitress (Tracie) and the entire staff made us feel very welcome. The excellent food, combined with the outstanding service and the beautiful room itself makes for a most pleasurable dining experience. You really have a top notch dining experience. Many thanks to all and we plan on seeing you all again the next time we are at the resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AltoonaDocDined on 6/14/2014Excellent experience! From the location and the scenic view sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs, to the more than friendly and courteous staff and fine food, we had a wonderful time and look forward to doing it again.Special Features:
- Delicious food!rosechica26Dined on 6/12/2014My husband and I ate breakfast and dinner at the Crystal Room during our recent stay at Bedford Inn Resort. Breakfast was a little pricey for an omelet, hashbrowns, toast, and coffee, but it ended up being one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. The food at dinner was also fantastic (I had the sea bass and blood orange creme brulee which exceeded my expectations!). Our server was training another server and my only complaint is that they interrupted our meal a LOT to ask questions, refill drinks, etc. Very expensive restaurant but the food was really delicious!Special Features:
- Amazing foodJeffdouaiherDined on 6/7/2014The food was truly amazing, worth the visit. Whether appetizers or entrees; the scallops that come with the filet mignon were ridiculously amazing, one of the best I've had The cocktails were a bit too sweet but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent all aroundForb14Dined on 6/7/2014Could not get into 1796 so a group of us decided to try Crystal Room. I had the Duck which was very good and others had the Veal and Filet which were good but nothing to brag about. A better bet would be to go off site to 10/09Special Features:
- Getaway weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We can't say enough about the hospitality at Bedford Springs! The people were GENUINELY friendly, helpful and just plain NICE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturantGirlsweekendDined on 6/5/2014Had a wonderful dinner at the crystal dining room. The food was excellent and the presentation was exquisite The menu features different items that you don't usually see on hotel menus. We had dinner one night and breakfast two mornings. It was the best breakfast buffet ever. The service was fantastic. They could not do enough for youSpecial Features:
- Very ElegantAngelDined on 6/4/2014This restaurant was gorgeous. The food was good, service excellent. The ambiance comes with a large price tag though. 3 of us ate for $160.00. We had salmon, lamb and the ravioli dinners. All were good. Only one of us had a glass of wine, the rest of us just water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous All-Around....1bdfrdspgsDined on 5/23/2014The presentation of the food was beautiful, the food was fabulous, the staff was exceptional and friendly...the ambiance of the place was calming and beautiful...A very classy place...They made you feel very welcome and I definitely want to go back when I can stay at this beautiful historic place over night...It has so much history with the pics telling a wonderful story...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crystal Ball Room so much history!!Kori22VIPDined on 5/17/2014Love the ambiance & history of the Crystal Ball Room! Food is really good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Fine DiningKRobinsonDined on 5/17/2014This is my second visit to the Bedford Springs Resort's Crystal Dining Room, and I must say it DID live up to my expectations based on a wonderful past experience. My Filet was the best I've ever had. The dining at this resort is not for the budget-minded, however. Our check was over $250 for 3 persons...just so you know! I love a good splurge every now and then, and the Crystal Dining Room was splurge-worthy in my opinion.Special Features:
- Gluten-free options- Yippee :-)feelingbetterglutenfreeDined on 5/16/2014We loved eating at the Crystal Dining Room, and I was so happy that they had gluten-free dining options (the cheesecake was awesome)! Our service was excellent, and the food was amazing (I enjoyed the duck). We are already planning our return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic dinnerAfoodiefromDCDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I visited the Omni Bedford Springs for a romantic getaway and had dinner here. The duck was amazing (well seasoned, cooked with a great crispy skin), the lobster bisque very well seasoned, and the bass was good but needed a bit more seasoning. The cocktails were great, our server recommended the Cosmo which was one of the best I've had. The restaurant is very quiet an the service was excellent (our server recommended our meals and cocktails and they were excellent). For extra fun you learn tons of history walking around the Omni Bedford Springs and touring the beautiful and peaceful land.Special Features:
- Ideal Family/Pet Small ResortOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Wonderful family/pet small resort nestled in the mountains of PA. All amenities are deluxe. Rooms are generous and decorated with period quaint detail. THIS IS MY FAVORITE RESORT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will do it all over again...ChryslerDined on 5/10/2014Had a wonderful meal and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhere in timeJohnVIPDined on 5/4/2014Wonderful historic Inn with great food and better service! The steaks melted in your mouth and the scallops were succulentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.