Crush - Seattle
2319 E. Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98112Neighborhood:
Leschi / Madrona / Madison Park
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Crush - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://crushonmadison.com/
- Phone: 2063027874
- Hours of Operation:
Crush is open for walk in dining and reservations:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether in our facility, or at your home or business, our unique food, service and beverage selection are sure to make your event memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: CRUSH private dining is available for business dinners, cocktail parties, receptions, etc. Please contact the restaurant for more information. We also host events here at the restaurant upstairs!
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Wilson 2063027874
- Entertainment: The Bar at CRUSH offers a the best view of the kitchen and an opportunity to interact with the chefs and taste their latest creations.
- Special Events: We are always up to something, hosting wine maker dinners, cocktail dinners, guest chef nights and cooking classes, get on our mailing list to stay up to date. www.crushonmadison.com
A word from Crush - Seattle
Crush began as the dream of owners Nicole and Jason Wilson in 2003 when they set out to remodel and build an original 1903 Victorian house into a Modern American Restaurant that showcases the best in Jason's Cuisine and seasonal ingredients of the Northwest. Opening in 2005 CRUSH has quickly become a destination for an unparalleled dining experience in Seattle. Jason's approach and inspiration to food has been noted as Modern American, with personal influences and French technique. Using the best ingredients, focusing on quality first, the seasons & relationships with the best producers and growers dictating the ingredients has been the philosophy to our cuisine. Jason was chosen by Food and Wine magazine in 2006 as a "Best New Chef", nominated in 2008 for the Best Chef Northwest by the James Beard Foundation among many other accolades. A similar approach to our extensive wine list has given Crush multiple years of national accolades from wine press.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Crush - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Leschi / Madrona / Madison Park ›
Crush - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (44)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (21)good for groups (6)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fit for foodiesFancyDined on 8/17/2014The food was not only delicious, but also looked like artwork. All the flavors worked so well together. We asked a lot of questions, because the menu is a bit confusing, and the waiter was very helpful and explained the dishes thoroughly. The items are on the smaller side, so you are able to experience quite a few different ones. We were told to order 4 to 7 items per person. We each had three, then shared one dessert just to say we did. Honestly, this was more than enough food for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One year anniversaryMeritageVIPDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our one year anniversary this past Sunday. Our host/server was fabulous. Mentioned that we were visiting from the bay and had a flight to catch soon. She helped guide our tastings and ensured everything happened without any hiccups. Crush was a wonderful experience. Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- PlushZarMombaDined on 8/15/2014The brainchild of Chef Jason Wilson, Crush is a sensory experience fit for urban royalty. The menu changes seasonally and sometimes even daily, and always leaves a dazzling impression on the heart, as on the palate. Highlights include a geoduck ceviche that's like taking a bite of the ocean; a wagyu tartare that strikes like butter; the best warm heirloom beet salad I've had anywhere; a ramequin of heaven titled Bacon and Eggs, and another called Sweet Pea; and an ingenious compilation of herbaceous and delicious desserts. From the dinner menu, I love the wagyu zabuton, the roasted duck breast, and the market-fresh fish. -Yes, all of it. Because no matter the season, it's all served skin side up and masterfully seared here.Special Features:
- Sit at the bar facing the kitchenMothernlawVIPDined on 8/14/2014This a great place to eat at the bar and watch chef Jason and his team create culinary masterpieces.Special Features:
- Hal Long IslandlongislandhalDined on 8/10/2014Small plates of brilliantly innovative food. The pacing of the meal (two of us each had four of the small plates) was perfect. The food was wonderful in taste and We were very impressed by the variety of flavors melding together. I would definitely want to return next time I am in Seattle. The wine list was heavily Northwest and very thoughtful.Special Features:
- summer diningsusieqDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is charming and the hostess was very gracious. The heirloom tomato salad was delicious, the atmosphere outside nice but a little noisy off Madison. The heirloom tomato salad was delicious, but we must have waited 40 minutes between 1 of our courses which was a bit long. You must really like this type of dining to enjoy Crush, small tastes of items for a lot of $. I had heard lots about Crush but was definitely underwhelmed.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014The only gotcha I had was the noise, we sat near the kitchen and it was "loud" to the point that I had to ask my date to repeat herself (which does get annoying). The setup is nice and interesting so I am not sure they would be able to fix the noise issue (ask to sit up front? or outside? I suppose). The food was very nice and interesting - no complaint there. The service was good though the waiter did seem confused on how to explain their unique setup (that TASTES) but he and the others were spot on otherwise.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I can only grin as I begin to type...what a mouth watering experience! Each dish showcases its flavors creatively and carefully making evident how much thought they each receive. Just as evident is how seasoned and professional the staff are: intelligent, asttentive, thoughtful and acutely aware of their role at this special restaurant. Overall the experience was fun, unique and absolutely decadant. Beautiful from start to finish.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014We had an amazing meal outside on a perfect night. Love the new menu. Every dish was amazing and beautifully presented. The staff was great as we've come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting New MenuMaggieVIPDined on 8/3/2014While the new menu at Crush is innovative, the - now all - small plates - are difficult to share as many are very small. The flavors, as always, were innovative and delicious, but the overall experience was not stellar. Initially the food and service were slow, as was the bringing of the desserts. We had come for a birthday celebration and have eaten at Crush many times over the years. For the first time our overall experience was disappointing. Maggie TaylorSpecial Features:
- Expected more for the price....ExnycbritDined on 8/2/2014It was OK, just OK but with a final tab approaching $150 a head then it should be more than just OK. There were some great dishes but at $17 a dish then I would expect all to be outstanding - the Summer Salad was no more than a few slices of (unripe) tomato and half a Burrata - very unimaginative and not very tasty. The palate cleansing granite was served in a small white ramekin with a teaspoon placed on the table - no finesse, no garnish, no thought to presentation. Service was again 'OK' - pleasant but not polished - the wine list stayed on the table for the entire meal, not at our request, it was just never collected after we ordered wine. Maybe it was an off-night for Crush as they have a great reputation, but it was disappointing
- One of a KindAnnSDined on 8/1/2014Crush... Small plates, many offerings, deliciously prepared and seasoned. I am still salivating over it all. I took my friend to Crush for her birthday and we tasted each others' dishes. Dessert was equally delicious. The service was impeccable. Good cocktails, too. I don't mind the high price points when the food is this exceptional. I will be back!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Not our usual spot for dinner but good to try out at least once...Special Features:
- amazing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Very pleased with the food and my waitress. She knew everything on the menu and i think she had only worked there a short time and she was very pleasant. I would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014We very much enjoyed their Chef's 12 course Tasting Menu!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MtlfoodyDined on 7/6/2014Great effort in presentation. Some plate were too salty where other where just not enough. Way too expensive for the experience. The ideal would be to have different fixe menu such as 4 plates for 60$, 5 for 70$, etc
- Exquisite tastingsJeffDined on 7/5/2014Exceptional tastings of rich food combinations was a real treat. We can't wait to come back and explore more of the exquisite dishes. Hats off to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best EverTroyDined on 6/28/2014Dining at Crush was one of the most memorable dining experiences of my life. Our waiter was wonderful and provided perfect wine pairings with the most delicious food ever put in front of me. My wife and I will make a point of returning to this amazing restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!! Dinner was perfect.YummyDined on 6/22/2014Dear Crush Thank you for helping me with my husband's birthday dinner. Your food was perfect and yet the service was somehow better:-) There was no question that your staff went completely out of their way to provide a very special occasion meal and environment for our family. WE look forward to celebrating something special with you again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solicitous staff, interesting menuSeattzMamaDined on 6/13/2014While the menu is rather difficult to navigate, our server was patient and understanding as he explained all the options. The chefs were very willing to adapt for food allergies. This restaurant is a gourmet's dream! But might be hard for an older, more traditional diner to appreciate. Lots of small plates to enjoy varied food flavors- and chefs don't use spices to mask the taste of the locally-sourced ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When can I come back?Noms13Dined on 6/13/2014Making a reservation in advance and passing along some notable information regarding the special occasion in which we were celebrating, the staff at Crush went out of their way to accommodate us, even surprising us with a complimentary glass of wine to begin our meal. The ambiance was relaxing and the food was innovative and beyond delicious- I wish I could have tried everything on the menu! Massive kudos to the entire staff- hostess, wait staff, and chefs for making this such a fantastic night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Waste your time or moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Server took too long to address the table when we sat down. They just changed the menu so she had no idea what was on the menu. The food was overpriced and quite pretentious, the value of what you got was low. They just tried to hard and fell flat. When we left they overcharged the bill and didn't seem to sorry about it. There are much better places to eat on cap hill/madison valley than here.
- Nice!bicepspigletDined on 6/1/2014This place was great! The service was a little stuffy, and of course it was expensive. The food was however like nothing I have ever had before: innovative, delicious, unique flavors, super sense combination. We ordered the 5 course and I think it was a good call as it was nice to try several different dishes in succession. The restaurant is in a restored historic home that has a classy romantic special feel to it which was perfect for our first anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best yet!NanBishDined on 5/31/2014We travel extensively and my husband is an outstanding chef. We were impressed with every aspect of the meal. Unique offerings..delicious ingredients..thoughtful menu..one of the most memorable meals...ever...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dinner!SparkeyDined on 5/30/2014Crush was a recommendation of the friends we were visiting in Seattle. It was recommended because it was not far from their condo on Lake Washington, but it turned out to be a memorable gastronomic experience even if we had had to drive across town! The food was absolutely sophisticated, delicious, creative, and had tastes that challenged and delighted us. We would recommend Crush to all who are looking for something outside the ordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tasting Menu Ever!heidiDined on 5/16/2014This 14 course tasting menu experience was mind blowing. In my reservation I stated it was a birthday. They greeted us with a complementary glass of sparking wine that set the tone for the evening. Now the food...each course was fantastic. The amuse-bouche, a savory fennel macaroon filled with goat cheese infused with Earl Grey smoke was unbelievable. The dungeness crab and and whipped green peas was such a wonderful complement to each other. The foie gras...the salmon...the sweet bread...all fantastic. They ended the evening by bringing us two different desserts and left us with a bottle of sherry. At no time did we feel rushed. Given that the dinner spanned 5 hours make sure to make your reservations for an early time slot.Special Features:
- My New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014My sister and I took my mother here for Mother's Day dinner. We were all so impressed by the imaginative and just tasty food. The service was exceptional too. My mom and I had the tasting menu with the wine pairings. My sister ordered a la carte. It was perfect. We were able to try so many different dishes. The savory, smoked macaron was amazing as was the short rib. Oh, and "Eat Your Peas" was also a winner. I am looking forward to coming back and sitting outside in the summer with my husband. I think it will be magical (our waitress said so). Just the perfect Mother's Day dinner. They made my mother very happy, and that made me even happier.Special Features:
- The following 1301 reviews are from the Crush - Seattle reviews archive.
- Haute cuisine, haute costfoodloverDined on 4/26/2014Every course in our 5 course meal at Crush was succulent and delicious, beautifully presented, and not so much food that we were bursting at the seams when we finished. Our wait person was right on it throughout the meal, so we felt very well cared for. Though the setting is rather formal, the atmosphere is not stuffy, and the tables are spaced far enough apart that you can hear each other, and feel you have some privacy. My only objection is that the price is a bit high, given the size of the portions. I wouldn't want larger portions, just smaller prices. $27.00 for a 1 1/4 " piece of fish or a similar size piece of steak is rather over the top. It would keep us from returning right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie MustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Visiting for the weekend, did my home work and chose Crush based on its menu variety, wine list and it's skilled chef/staff. I wasn't failed.!!!! Chose the 5 course meal, so did my partner and both of us walked away with being quite happy. Highly recommend this place for true food advocates, if your looking to gorge yourself with a big steak and potato then Crush is not your place...if your looking to develop your pallet, educate your mind and simply enjoy what food can be, then go! ALSO- Service was extremely good!Special Features:
- IncredibleKalamataOliveVIPDined on 4/18/2014Chef Jason Wilson has truly crushed it here. This is our new favorite place. Every one of the 7 courses were fantastic, especially the sweet pea flan, the duck and the Hamachi crudo. Truly great cuisine, paired with truly great wine complements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, All Around...Rico206Dined on 4/17/2014The food, atmosphere and staff were great at Crush. I highly recommend this place to all who want a romantic and fine dining experience. The only cautions are that parking is a bit tough and you should not expect "American" portions. LOL. It was great to see that the portions were appropriate and not what we all are used to in the states.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinner at CrushhappyinseattleDined on 4/17/2014The food: pretentious presentation on mismatched white plates on white p-lam tables, ranged from bland to inedible: service: indifferent to insulting. Appetizer, beet salad: attractive, tasted ordinary. Steak entree: laced with connective tissue: so tough that sharp knife could not cut it. Waiter cleared plates without acknowledging uncut steak on my plate. I said to him, "My steak is too tough to cut". He replied, "I will tell the chef." After we received our check, I asked, "What did the chef say about the steak?" Response: "He said, it is an inconsistent cut of beef. Sometimes this cut of beef is not good but a better cut of beef is too expensive." He wished he could do something but he could not.That's just how it is at Crush.
- Great Restaurant Week experienceJR0921VIPDined on 4/16/2014I dined at Crush for Restaurant Week and was very impressed at the quality of the plates we got given the restaurant's usual price bracket. It was a great value and way to check out a restaurant that would ordinarily be prohibitively expensive.Special Features:
- Crush keeps up its high standard.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014Jason and his staff have set a very high bar for upscale cuisine served in an elegant setting and the courses plated to perfection. My wife and I gave it a 10 and commented that it compares very favorably with the food we were served in Paris at the world famous Jules Verne Restaurant in the Eiffle Tower. We are from Bainbridge Island and when we want to show off to our foodie friends, we take them to Crush. Cheers to Jason and his servers and Kitchen Crew. Art and Suzane Bartel of Bainbridge Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaveRestaurantWeekDinerDined on 4/8/2014This is just one of my favorite places during any of the Seattle restaurant promotional weeks.Special Features:
- Great mealJJ12Dined on 3/22/2014We loved everything about our meal at Crush. The one exception being that with the new Prix Fix menu options the portions have all been made smaller, even when you order the non prix fix menus so you pay measurably more for the a la cart but still get the smaller portion - an adjustment that should be made...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely perfect!AdainSeattleVIPDined on 3/15/2014We had not dined here for a while and were truly wowed by the food we had- all was delicious and meticulously prepared/presented/served- we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went here for a romanticLauraLovesGoodFoodDined on 3/14/2014We went here for a romantic birthday and it was lovely. The sommelier was well informed and the wine list was well composed. The 7 course meal was delightful. Highlights were the frog legs (a first for me!) and the "bacon and eggs" that wasn't like any bacon and eggs that I've ever had, but AMAZING. A few things that keep me from giving it a 5 star: The prices are high and there were a few dishes that missed the mark. One was a oversalted, and the desserts weren't a direct hit. I should've orded the chocolate thingy... The service was very good, though they seemed a bit rushed. But we had an amazing meal and a lovely night out. They remembered my husband's birthday from my reservation, and gave us a fantastic table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceBostonBoundDined on 3/5/2014Girlfriend and I came out to seattle for a short little "getaway" from the east coast life.. and we ended our four day stay in Seattle with a almost private and beautiful dinner at Crush.. the atmosphere was amazing.. gave us a personal experience, the food was outstanding and service solid.. it will be an experience that we will both won't forget, and when we do come back to Seattle which we will Crush will be on our things to do again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From one chef to anotherBecksDined on 3/5/2014You created some truly inspired dishes that were a pleasure to eat. My favorites were the octopus and scallops. Thank you for a wonderful meal and a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.