Crush Wine Bar
455 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V1K4Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Crush Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crushwinebar.com/
- Phone: (416) 977-1234
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Tuesday - 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Wednesday - 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Thursday - 11:30AM - 11:00PM
Friday - 11:30AM - 12:00AM
Saturday - 5:30PM- 12:00AM
Sunday: 4:30PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Trista Sheen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: King, West of Spadina
- Public Transit: Public Transit: Via the TTC. Take the westbound streetcar form St. Andrew subway station (King Street) to Spadina Ave., or from the Spadina Subway Station, take the Spadina streetcar southbound to King Street. Crush is located just west of Spadina on the south side of King Street West.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public parking lots are located directly across the street from the CRUSH entrance, as well as at the intersection of King St. West & Brant St., or behind the restaurant on Wellington Ave.
A word from Crush Wine Bar
Located in the heart of King Street West's Entertainment District in a turn of the century warehouse space, Crush Wine Bar + Kitchen offers an extensive wine by the glass program complimented by French inspired continental cuisine. The lively atmosphere lends itself to the casual and corporate clientele alike, and appeals to weekend socialites for drinks and appetizers in the bar + lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Crush Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Crush Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (20)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (16)romantic (15)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- One of the best all aroundMarioDined on 11/21/2014November 21st, 2014. four of us had a wonderful experience at Crush Wine Bar. It was my birthday celebration. First, the service was top notch from check in to our server Rebecca to wine guy to top chef Ms. Trista Sheen. We were well taken care of from beginning to end. Food: appetizer chicken fried quail was too die for. It was a perfect combination for this appetizer to come with a bit of the jasmine rice on the side. For main course, I myself had the Scallops and Pork Belly. The scallops were the best I ever had. It's so soft and tasty. It was really that good. Because it was a special occasion, chef made us a special birthday dessert platter to share. It was just wonderful. We have been to Crush a few times now. Every time, the food was really delicious. The steak there was always reliable but I would recommend to try something different each time. It has an extensive wine menu too, so if you want to have full dining experience, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience overallMissSuisseDined on 11/15/2014We went out for a relaxing dinner me and my husband and we let the kids at home. We don't do this often, last time was 2 month before... so we where expecting good wine and nice dinner. Food was delicious the chef was excellent and able the play with flavours and good twist of energy in her food. We fell that she make some stage outside Canada. We are picky when it come to food, we are used to live in Europe and eat very well and discover chefs for theirs kitchens all over Europe. So michelin stars is a reference for us. I would definitely on the food we had gave her a 1 star. On the downside, wine list is fair for Canada, but wrong glasses and wine temperature. Also we ask for grappa, but cold it is a big no no, you lose all the taste of it...because they all have different tastes... The service, they were enough fair to offer the entree free after 1 hour waiting, that was appreciate. So overall good experience, food really good but need to improve service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for an evening merlotseanbmcnultyDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed a Saturday night at Crush with a friend and we had a great night. Will definitely return. Prices are reasonable and ambience is excellent.Special Features:
- other better returantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The wine list wasnt that big for a from a "wine bar" they ran out of a liquor for a french martini.Food was tastey but took an hour from ordering to table and potions are too small (not a big person). The service was ok aalthough im still not really sure who my waiter really was. All in all other better returants in Toronto to dine at
- Great food!PeterVIPDined on 10/28/2014Loved the charcuterie plate and the service was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014I mentioned in my reservation that it was mine and my partner's anniversary and they really went above and beyond. The food was spectacular. The wine was amazing and everyone took great care of us! Caitlin is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!Sassafraz235Dined on 10/25/2014It was me and my boyfriends first time there and it was delicious. I had the scallop and pork belly and he had the rib eye. We also started with a harvest vegetable salad and he got crab cups. The food was incredible and they were accommodating of my gluten allergy. Desserts weren't very gluten or dairy free friendly so that was a shame. The service was great but a bit slow. We waited a while for our food and even just to get the bill. Despite that it was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crush Wine BarNatouDined on 10/20/2014Nice selection of wine and cheese, I liked that you can try flights of wine and pair them with cheese. Also loved that every main dish could be made vegetarian with tofu or tempeh options, this is a gem for vegetarians!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left earlycitymomDined on 10/18/2014It was a last minute decision to go out for a nice dinner and we chose Crush because there were reservations available. Bypassed for a couple that came in after us at the door. Took 40 minutes to get a drink and 45 minutes for our appetizer order to be taken. After an hour we only had a plate of oysters and one drink. We made up an excuse to leave and ended up going somewhere else. Funnily we got our bill within moments of asking for it.Special Features:
- Great DinnerLuvfinecuisineDined on 10/18/2014Very good food, nice atmosphere and close to theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDavid7664Dined on 10/11/2014Food portions could be more generous. Had their sablefish, was delicious but portion was really small.Special Features:
- Great all aroundMelissaDined on 9/18/2014Both the quality and service at Crush were excellent. They were very accommodating with a very creative vegan meal and the wine was perfect. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed dinnerMarciDined on 9/6/2014Had a wonderful dinner seated outside in the alley between the buildings. The food and service were excellent. The portions are small, particularly if you are sharing, but it was great to not eat too much.Special Features:
- A great restaurant on King StLoveToDineDined on 9/5/2014We randomly selected this restaurant and it turned out to be a great find. Service was quick and attentive (the restaurant wasn't full at the time, so that probably helped). The food was good. We ordered the roasted bone marrow as an appetizer, the lamb shank and assorted seafood platter as the entrees. No dessert but a caesar drink. The bone marrow was delicious, along with the fennel and parsley. My husband said his lamb shank and couscous was perfect, the lamb wasn't gamey at all. My seafood tower was delicious as well. A few negatives though. Considering how small the mussels were, they could've threw in a few more. I found it a little pricey. The ambience was really nice, not too quiet, just the right noise level for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most pleasant surprise!CruzieDined on 8/30/2014Coming from Pennsylvania,we are often in Mississauga to visit family and so it is only maybe once a year that we travel into the city. This time,however,we had another couple who are foodies like ourselves and had never been to Toronto. So it was up to us to show them a great time. With so many restaurants to choose from, I came upon Crush and it did not disappoint. The Reisling flight was lovely and we were amazed by our entrees choices. I especially enjoyed the roasted bone marrow followed by scallops and pork belly. Our friends savored the halibut and lamb shank. My husband and I will definitely return and I am sure our friends will not want us to leave them behind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014average at best. good waitress but food not good. Restaurant was empty on Sat at 8.00 and dark.Special Features:
- The following 432 reviews are from the Crush Wine Bar reviews archive.
- DavidWDavidWDined on 7/29/2014Wonderful meal! Salads were fresh, inspired and different! Onion rings are famous and justly so! Steak prepared perfectly and presented beautifully; rhubarb tart absolutely yummy! We asked for salt-free food (doctor's orders!) and the kitchen did it all magnificently and with no fuss. Waitress was terrific, too--recommended wines and introduced us to the bartender, who gave us Niagara hints and local wine advice (and samples!). A truly great time!Special Features:
- Amazing wine listsunflowerDined on 7/18/2014Everything on the menu looked delicious, it was hard to pick. And that wine list of amazing, I was very happy to see so many Ontario wines on the list, made some nice discoveries.Special Features:
- Summerlicious FailCandzDined on 7/18/2014Sadly for the second time I've been disappointed at Crush. The service was horrible and it wasn't very busy. I was there for a weekday lunch and the entire meal took 2 hours which as anyone who works days knows that is not acceptable and we told the waitress. Besides the service, the appetizers were not great, the cold cucumber soup was revolting and we couldn't even pretend to eat it. The mussels were smaller than a dime and sad to see served. For mains, the bison was over cooked and dried The fish cakes were two tiny cakes doused in oil and the salad had all the bits you don't eat like lettuce butts. The poppy seed cake dessert was covered with loads of whipped cream which was warm because it was waiting too long to get to us.Special Features:
- SummerliciousurbandwellerDined on 7/17/2014We came for a lunch & it was great - the choices were interesting & varied & they did not cheap out on the quality or quantity because it was a Summerlicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasuretopcatDined on 7/16/2014I love this place. The food and service is always great and the selections are creative. The atmosphere is relaxed and the noise level works -- one can actually have a conversation with the people they are eating with. A sure hit everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food, great ambienceavavivtlbDined on 7/10/2014My fiancé and I have booked our wedding here and wanted to visit for dinner to ensure our decision was right. The service was impeccable from the start. We were at a great corner table. Really excellent attention to detail. EXTENSIVE wine list. Started with the mushrooms on toast. Note: I do not like mushrooms and I loved this. Absolutely delicious. I ordered the pork chop entree, my fiancé had the prime rib. These were PERFECTLY cooked. I've never enjoyed a pork chop that wasn't my mother's but this was flawless. Prime rib was delicious and far-surpassed my expectations of steak in a non-steakhouse. Desserts were excellent. Only questionable item was the sarsaparilla dessert. Strange mix of flavours! Overall, GREAT experience.Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014TOPSVIPDined on 7/7/2014the selection was perfect for me. Very quiet and stylish. Service was good.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiance!PaulVDined on 6/28/2014Our table of 8 had nothing but kudos for the food and wine choices. The location of our table (outdoor patio) is the reason for the noise feedback, which is to be expected.Special Features:
- No,No,NoneedanightoutDined on 6/21/2014Bought on Travelzoo not even worth it 50% off. Wait staff is nice but sooo slow and for a "wine bar" don't know anything about wine. Food is nicely presented but just doesn't taste right. Duck was small had some pancake underneath a slaw that was mush by the time I went to eat it, and my wife's Ribeye was cold and over cooked. No point in complaining because no one was around untill you were done to ask for the bill. Waste of a night out and babysitter very disappointed with Crush which is a shame because I've been looking forward to going for a while.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2014Great wine list... very knowledgeable staff. Jewel and Caitlin (I believe)... both excellent. Personally I recommend sitting at the front (bar or tables by the window) so you can enjoy the bar menu and sip flights. The back is strictly the full menu, which I personally find overpriced, not that new/exciting... Although I will admit almost all the food here tastes amazing!Special Features:
- hungry for moreeattoliveDined on 6/13/2014Enjoyed the meal except after 3 courses my husband still needed to eat another meal an hour laterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWillixVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was our 3rd visit to Crush. Unfortunately, the standards seem to have dropped in regards to the food. Both taste and presentation were dissapointing. This was our last visit, I'm afraid.
- David7664Dined on 5/3/2014Food was good, not enough variety and portions were just adequate. Service could have been more attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food!braunsDined on 5/3/2014The food was excellent, the service was very friendly, and the restaurant was quaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winetastic, but...TheObviousDined on 5/1/2014This place is definitely stacked with wine...hence the name of the place. The food however, at least what i ordered, left something to be desired. I ordered lamb...the portion seemed smallish, was fatty, and it seemed excessively salty, to the point I did not enjoy it. The fact it was paired with beans did not leave me feeling overly inspired. Dessert was a rhubarb tart, which was tasty, but nothing mind blowing, but yes, good. The wine was delicious of course, but because I go to a restaurant for food, not booze, I doubt I'd return. Too bad too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed the winenicolleleeannDined on 3/28/2014We really enjoyed the wine sliders (rather than choosing one drink you are able to try 3 varieties in smaller doses.) The atmosphere and service was great and we enjoyed a really romantic and tasty meal. I was hoping to see more pasta options on the menu (their lunch menu has a variety of pastas while their dinner menu revolves primarily around meat options). The downside was only the cost. We regularly dine out at high quality restaurants and found this one to be quite expensive for what you get. For 2-people, we are used to paying over $100.00 for a dinner with drinks but found this restaurant to be closer to the $200.00 mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Very slow service---the entire restaurant only has one waitress and a guy in a suit, I'm guessing he is the manager Food is tasty---but be prepared for next to no serviceSpecial Features:
- Love the wine pairingpschreckVIPDined on 3/17/2014There are several things I love about Crush. The decor is inviting. The wine selection is great. The staff is well versed in wine pairing. The food is Canadian. My guests are impressed. Food is very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRyanTaylorDined on 3/8/2014Adrian the host was great! Jessa our server excellent . We had an awesome time ! I highly recommend crush !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!seranwrapDined on 3/7/2014We were there early and maybe didn't need the reservation, but the service was amazing, and the incredible food came out so quickly that we have no regrets. Love that the menu items are paired with wine for ease of ordering and also of course that the wine that comes ends up being so delicious and bang on. We split a bunch of appetizers and everything was incredible - the highlight for me was the short rib ravioli. This was our second time here in a month, and we will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great get together spot with frienddjeeteeDined on 2/15/2014Crush is always a good spot for a nice dinner. The atmosphere was great - not too loud and not too subdued. The menu will make you go hmmm in a good way. we were 4 and we ordered the beet salad and the mozzarella salad. dressing was delicate and complemented the ingredients. the striploin, ribeye and scalops were awesome judging by the orgasmic oohs and aahs. desert was a success. And the best thing was the waitress. I hate myself for forgetting her name. she was awesome! +1 CrushSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic time. ProfessionaLuvGudFoodDined on 2/15/2014Another fantastic time. Professionally prompt, polite and attentive serving staff. The host is a welcome treat. Food is appealing to the eyes and taste-buds. Flights of wine are a steal and those by the glass reasonable. Notable dishes were the Bone Marrow (app) and Scallop with Quinoa (main). Time and money definitely well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Two or a GroupThatzSundaramDined on 2/14/2014I was at Crush for valentines day diner, this was a very good restaurant. In terms scale its nicely placed between over priced posh and run of the mill trying too hard types. range of food for all palettes, good service and ambiance. Touch on the pricey side therefore not a every weekend place (at least for me) but perfect special occasion dinner. No question will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed valentines dinnerHilaryadelaDined on 2/14/2014We chose this restaurant as it was recommended as one of Torontos top 5 valentines day destinations. Our reservation was at 8:45 but we arrived 15min late - no problem. We ordered a few drinks which took about 30min to come as we were told "the bar tender just got bogged down and out drinks were pushed to the back." Okay great. We then proceeded to order a dozen oysters only to find out they were OUT of oysters. On valentines day... Really? One of the busiest nights of the year and they were out of oysters!Special Features: