Crush - Solana Beach
437 S. Coast Highway Suite 112
Solana Beach, CA 92075Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Crush - Solana Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.solanabeachcrush.com/
- Phone: (858) 481-2787
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Friday 11:30am- 2:00pm, 4:00pm-Close. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 4:00-Close. Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm everyday.
Now serving Sunday Brunch 10am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Lina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Crush can customize a menu, or choose from one of our menu packages. Crush has appetizer packages, as well as full seated dinners either plated or family style.
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday-Saturday
- Special Events: Birthdays, anniversaries, holiday gatherings, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, total-buy outs and much more.
A word from Crush - Solana Beach
Our passion is to serve the best cuisine and provide the most exciting dining experience at our Solana Beach location. Every employee will make the commitment to achieve excellent through gracious, friendly and professional service. Crush takes pride in serving the highest quality of food in a unique and inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crush - Solana Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (19)special occasion (17)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (9)hot spot (9)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Sunday BrunchLocalGirlDined on 10/26/2014We met friends we hadn't seen in a long time for Sunday brunch and sat outside. The food was excellent and it was quiet enough to chat. Nice old school music playing low in the background.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014My fiancee and I had the risotto bites as an appetizer and the steak for our entree. The steak was so good it did not need sauce. Any employee will explain their process of grilling the steaks with oak which really enhanced the flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Experience!TuscanyDined on 10/25/2014Being a first time visitor, we were pleasantly surprised by the great service and the wonderful food. The servers were attentive and worked well together. The menu of Italian Faire was quite unique but contained everything you could want when visiting a nice Italian restaurant. Will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014Ryan and everyone was amazing! We'll definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night at CrushktandchrisDined on 10/11/2014Salads were fresh and tasty. Entrees were very good and sized just right - they get my vote for quality over quantity. The waitress apologized for the entree wait, but my wife and I didn't think it was too long. We had a nice bottle of wine and were having a relaxed time listening to the live music - we enjoyed the pace and the ambiance. Staff was very friendly but not overbearing - nice balance!Special Features:
- Italian with flairSteveWVIPDined on 10/6/2014Crush is not a pizza place. It is a fine dining restaurant with an Italian flair. Good place to go for both special occasions and a regular evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are there flies in my soup?BuslunchDined on 9/30/2014Wonderful food but this resturant has a fly problem that takes away from the dining experience. I had lunch there with a friend and the waiter recommended that we sit inside to avoid the flies. We did but the flies found us anyway. I guess that is why the resturant was quiet during lunch.
- DisapointingKimbreDined on 9/28/2014I was there for Brunch and ordered the Steak Sandwich and was very disappointed. It was a poor quality of meat- very rubbery and tough. French Fries were good. There were only 4 other patrons in the restaurant at Prime Time and one couple was clearly unhappy with their wait for their food which I can understand since there were so few people at the restaurant why would there be a long wait? Waitress was competent and service was efficient but she lacked a warm personalty but then I also got a sense that she knew we weren't really going to be happy with our food. If this restaurant wants to make it they have allot of improving to do. hopefully the new owners willl clue in quickly. New decor is nice.
- BubbaDined on 9/24/2014We have brought a number of friends to Crush in the past because we were so impressed with everything. We invited a couple to dine with us on Wednesday and it turned out to be rather disappointing. Since they experienced a management change, the food isn't as good and the service isn't much better. The time between our salad and entree was 20 min and we were the last ones there. The waiter charged us full price for the bottle of wine when there was 30% off. He made the correction after we asked him about the check. They did provide an extra pizza after the first pizza arrived with a big hole in the crust, even though we didn't complain. Its a shame that they haven't maintained the quality.
- Good, But Not MemorableLeonardDined on 9/24/2014It's a nice atmosphere, with a pleasant outdoor area for dining. The bus people were cheerful; the wait person was cold and distant. The food was OK, nothing memorable.Special Features:
- Excellent wines, rich Italian fareAnneMacDined on 9/24/2014My coworkers and I tried this lovely restaurant for lunch during Restaurant Week. It was very quiet and intimate, although the space was very large. It's primarily a wine bar, so I don't think people see it as a midweek lunch space. They would do well to advertise to the local businesses in Del Mar, Solana Beach and Carmel Mountain Rd area, because it is convenient. The space is elegant and would be ideal for business lunches. The food was beautifully prepared, rich Italian dishes. We enjoyed marvelous risotto balls that were like classed-up hush puppies. The arrabiata sauce was wonderfully flavorful and not too spicy. I had the chicken pasta with vodka sauce, which was creamy and complex. And the wine was amazing. Worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinghappyDined on 9/23/2014We went for restaurant week and were truly blown away.Special Features:
- FabulousSparkieVIPDined on 9/22/2014Matt who trained on the east coast then spent 5 years as a chief in high end European restaurant is in Solana Beach adding incredible flare to well prepared food. A find worth experiencingSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Weekehb365VIPDined on 9/22/2014Our overall experience was good. We were going to an event after dinner so made early reservations. They adjusted the reservations due to a late arrival of my friends. The bar service was wonderful. Service, for whatever reason, took a nosedive with timing at the table. We ended up packaging our dessert and rushing to pay the check. The food was very good. Perhaps it was just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatersEatersDined on 9/21/2014The food was very good. We both started out with Asiago Arancini which was amazing. The steak was well prepared and the sauce was fantastic. The other meal was chicken Parm' which was also excellent. With the exception of the receptionist who couldn't be distracted from the phone long enough to acknowledge us all other aspects of service were superbSpecial Features:
- Great food!! Try the sea bass!!MJfromSanDiegoDined on 9/20/2014Our first time at Crush, what a pleasant surprise! One of our new North County favorites! Great food, service, ambiance....live music, not too loud, just right. And the bartender makes a mean Moscow Mule!!Special Features:
- djh1Dined on 9/18/2014Great place to eat if you can get an outside table. If you want to talk during your meal don't go inside; we had a group of 6 men seated directly behind us and at least two of them thought they were in a football stadium, both the language and voice level was unacceptable. We asked our waiter if he could quiet it down a little but I think he was little intimidated by the loudmouth of the group. We had to yell to be understood at out table. a truly nice meal a family outing, no kids, was a disappointment because some men think that the entire restaurant wants hear their idiot opinions. Food was very good especially the fresh sea bass and the flavorful cross ribs. Outside tables are quieter and nicer. Great wine list and decent prices.Special Features:
- Mad DecentfoodiebootieDined on 9/14/2014Food was good, service was friendly, and reservations were easy. I'd definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceGamsNEggsVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have gone to Crush a number of times; I love it every time. They are always accommodating, letting us sit where we want, which is nice because sometimes the outside—which I prefer—is full, but in that instance, we found a seat at a high-topped table, and they opened the floor-to-ceiling doors, and it was as if we were outside. This might not sound like much, but after nine years in the Bay Area, waitstaff willing to acquiesce to one's reasonable wishes is refreshing. The salads, pizzas, and drinks are all very good (the pizza crust is superb!). I even prefer the food here to the old Pacific Coast Grill which was in this same spot for years, then moved to Cardiff. One waitress at Crush, Lindsey, even remembered me, which is very touching.Special Features:
- Nice dinner with fun decorLunchReviewDined on 9/1/2014We sat outside where it was a little quieter but the table was really cute, it felt like you were sitting in a garden. The food was also good and did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Good, but...MelloDined on 8/29/2014A good neighborhood spot should have good food, good service and reasonable prices. Crush has all three. But, it should also have a comfortable feel. These guys are trying to make the location work for them, and they say it's better with some of the changes they've made. Hopefully, they'll move to better digs, in the meantime this is an effort worthy of your support.Special Features:
- Great experienceLuv2HearDined on 8/26/2014I selected the restaurant based on the Open Table reviews and that they could take a reservation for 10 at the time I needed. I didn't know what to expect. I received a call from the maitre D that afternoon acknowleding my request for a patio table because I thought it would be quieter. She suggested the Chefs table. I then knew that this was going to be good because they took the time to appreciate that I might need a quieter space for a meeting. It turned out to be awesome. The location, service, food, wine etc...was outstanding and excellent value. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CrushJordanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We dine her frequently. Excellent food and nice ambiance. Also kid friendly. The kids love the chicken Parm. My wife had the Mahi Mahi. Everything was very good. Service was fast.Special Features:
- Much Improved Crush Experience!CookieDined on 8/23/2014We live in the neighborhood, and our first couple of dinners were just ok. The food was fine, but a bit overpriced and the restaurant felt like a big noisy room. Nothing to draw you back on a regular basis. With new management/ownership, the prices are down, a new pizza oven is inplace and the seating has been rearranged to create a warmer, quieter atmosphere (although it still can be a bit loud when full, as it is lately!) Loved our waiter and everyone working there seems friendly and well trained. Pizza is excellent -thin crust crunchy, and the beet and burata salad excellent. Had a bite of a wonderful chicken piccata as well. We'll be back often!Special Features:
- Bengal55VIPDined on 8/23/2014Our first visit. Very impressed. Server David. Exceptional. Food excellent. Nice wine list. Reasonably priced!!Special Features:
- Great food, nice wine prices!pcegeekDined on 8/20/2014Food was fabulous and the wine list was extensive enough and the wines were priced nicely. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Three times in ONE week!GolfinggalVIPDined on 8/16/2014We stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant during our first trip to Solana Beach! The food was delicious, creative and so fresh! From Meatball Mondays to the fresh halibut... you can't go wrong! The service IMPECCABLE (specifically due to their amazing server Hannah)! They handled our small group to our large party seamlessly throughout the week! The covered patio is very charming and wonderful place to dine on a nice evening! Corkage fee is reasonable, if you bring wine. But the wine list does offer many great bottles! We will be back next year for sure! Great place to dine!Special Features:
- ALL AROUND GREAT!!LACKINGDined on 8/9/2014We were entertaining out of town guests. Great food, great service and fabulous atmosphere. We had a great time and will surely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDakota11Dined on 8/1/2014What a great experience! The servers were great the food was delicious and the whole experience was wonderful. We had 8 in our party and everyone loved the food! We will definitely make it a must next year when we come to the track!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Crush - Solana Beach reviews archive.
- Dine OutOntheTown4Dined on 7/29/2014Great food and wine/beer choices. Service a little slow. Prefer to sit outside but don't expect a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable Bolognese!NMNATIVEVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had a group of 12 people on a Monday night and it felt at times that we were imposing on this restaurant's staff, even though we were nearly the only ones in the place. The food was very good, especially the bolognese. One in our group had eggplant parm and said it was soggy.. Dresser was yummy although served so slowly... Wine list was average.Special Features:
- Crush is killing it!!SuzannyDined on 7/26/2014The whole experience with crush Cafe was Great. From the moment we entered, we were greeted very pleasantly and we were an hour early for our reservations and they accepted us anyway... The menu and wine menu had excellent choices and everything we ordered was to die for!! Highly recommend the Pizza, the Beet Salad, house salad and the angel hair pasta!!! Will recommend to friends and will visit again when in town... Sincerely, S.S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatball Monday Madness!!!!GoToMauiVIPDined on 7/21/2014On Mondays the meatballs are $2. It comes with marinara, ricotta and pesto... Have a salad and a martini and you're set. Sit in Ryan's section-- he's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyVIPDined on 7/13/2014We will definately go back to this restaurant....loved the Happy Hour! Delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss Out on this little gem..WONDERFULDined on 7/6/2014Above average food..one of the best Italian restaurants in San Diego country. It's just minutes from Del Mar nestled in a small business center in Solana Beach.Special Features:
- Not terrible, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The wait staff was very friendly & accommodating. The rest of our visit was mediocre. The noise level inside was high so we asked to be seated outside. Unfortunately, we were seated under a speaker; the combination of music from the speaker & the live music was very distracting. The food was overly salty & mediocre. My daughter ordered root beer and was brought Dr. Pepper, no biggie except when the waitress returned she told us they were out of root beer. After I ordered the halibut, she returned to tell us they were out of halibut. When the waitress asked if we'd like to order dessert, she warned us that they were out of cobbler. Bottom line: You may as well go to California Pizza Kitchen next door - less pretentious & better quality food.
- CurtDined on 7/3/2014I took my group there for lunch - not the waitresses fault, but sometimes your just looking for a quick lunch - it took too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!RodakesqDined on 6/21/2014The food and live music were perfect. Very attentive staff, and every bite was delicious. This was our second dinner at Crush, and we brought kids and friends this time. Starters were meatballs, bruschetta, ahi stack. All fresh and flavorful. My husband ordered the chicken parmesan both times we had dinner at Crush. Hearts and smiles, it's his favorite. I have ordered the chicken piccata and the halibut, terrific both. I would say anything on the menu will be a winner, and there is a good variety of dishes to choose from. The new remodel looks great, and there were lots of folks sitting in the outdoor area. We chose to sit inside. I thought the indoor dining area had an open breezy feeling, plus we could hear the music better.Special Features:
- Crush: Great Food, work on Servicemayson12VIPDined on 6/15/2014The service was not the waiter's fault. He was the only server in the dining room. There was a fairly long wait between us getting seated and taking our order. We ordered an appetizer, but the entrees arrived before the appetizer (after another long wait) so we cancelled the appetizer. The waiter did apologize, which was nice, but again, he seemed overworked. The food was outstanding. I have one of the pickiest eaters on the planet for a son, and he said his woodfired pizza was one of the best he'd ever had. That is high praise coming from him. My eggplant parmesan and my husband's shrimp pesto linguini dish were delightful. We will definitely give Crush another try and will hope that the restaurant is properly staffed next time.Special Features:
- group dinnnerfatnhappy010Dined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful experience dining here as a group of 7. All of the staff was very attentive and friendly, our waiter Ryan was great, knew the menu very well and just made for a fantastic overall experience. Our group had a variety of tastes and everyone was happy with their food choices from the wood fired pizza to the chimi churri steak to the sea bass. I must say I never write a review but we all enjoyed our dinner so much I just had to leave a comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.