Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
114 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crushwinehouse.com/
- Phone: (410) 216-9444
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 4pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Morrone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call Chris Chambers at 301-775-4710 for details.
A word from Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
Located on West Street in historic downtown Annapolis, Crush Kitchen & Winehouse offers an eclectic American menu served in a unique and casual atmosphere. High ceilings, exposed brick and a spiral staircase to nowhere are remnants of the buildings’ 80 years as a fire and rescue station, adding a sense of the unexpected to every meal. Chef Mike Morrone's culinary creations combine unconventional ingredients with traditional comfort foods - alligator sausage served with green chile coleslaw and shepard's pie made with bison and red wine. Finish your meal with a house-made dessert, updated seasonally and ranging from decadent chocolate cake to a summer fruit crisp. Whether you drop in on a Tuesday night or make us part of a special occasion, every visit to Crush Kitchen and Winehouse will be warm and welcoming, but always unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (11)romantic (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wine & appsRobOVIPDined on 11/14/2014The wine flights and appetizers were a hit! We had a great time and plan to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Bus BoysAWWinSOMDDined on 11/8/2014Good looking place, with decent apps - but the service was awful. The waitress literally walked away mid-drink order, twice. My date and I had to focus on what we were going to say before she came back, because she was on a comet-like cycle. Seemed like years. And when we did get her attention we needed to get it ALL in, or else we would have to wait for another trip around the sun. Very nerve wracking. Looking around at the other waitresses I figured it out - they were all busing as well as waitressing. Clearing plates, wiping tables, setting tables. Plus the waitressing. They couldn't keep up; something had to give. Having said that, I've never had someone walk away mid-order like that before - much less do it twice.Special Features:
- We Love CrushmoujiefoodieDined on 11/8/2014In my opinion Crush has evolved from a wine bar (kiosks, etc.) to a great place to dine with great wine. The food is excellent, servers are attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Good Wine, Decent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014The wine selection was good, but waitress did not have any knowledge of the wine and even said "I don't drink off the bottle list." The food was unique in its ingredients e.g., alligator sausage, bison meatloaf but didn't taste stellar. The delivery of the food was sloppy and placed all over the table and food menus and wine was not refilled by the waitress. Much better options out there to spend over $100 for this.Special Features:
- BobKDined on 10/31/2014great food good service and fine wine list. The waitress was very helpful with us in making decisions.Special Features:
- Halloween at CrushEventideDined on 10/31/2014Dinner on Halloween was the first time my wife and I ate at Crush. The cheese and meat appetizer was very good, as were the salmon and pork shank entrees. The specialty cocktail list is inventive and fun, and the wine list is excellent. The staff were all pleasant, and our service was very good. The staff and restaurant were also in the Halloween spirit, which was enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Entrees were unique. Food was served hot and large portions.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/16/2014We had great food, drinks and service. This is a must stop while in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Really Wanted ScallopsfragrancedivaDined on 10/7/2014My husband and I were given a gift certificate to this restaurant that is why we dined here. The menu wasn't anything to be excited about until I saw that they offered scallops. Unfortunately, the scallops were sold out for the night. Nothing else really jumped out at me so I got the garden salad with chicken and the crab & avocado flat-bread. The flat-bread was okay but the salad was horrible. And it was a salad. The chicken lollipops did not taste good. There was really no seasoning at all. When we paid the check I was going to leave the remaining chicken there but my husband suggested we take it to give to our dog. So I brought it home but the dog never got it. Besides the food the restaurant is very nice and has great service.Special Features:
- Total foodie wine barPatrickVIPDined on 9/15/2014This place had amazing food selections. My colleague and I came in to have dinner. Unfortunately both nights that we swung by, it was completely empty. I'm not sure why because the food was to die for. Great wine list as well.Special Features:
- horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014don't take reservations when there's already an engagement party occurring. we ate outside by the road and watch drunk people- it was not fun.
- Avoid wine tasting nightsadchotinVIPDined on 9/8/2014As first timers at Crush we did not know to ask whether there was going to be a wine tasting at the same time as our reservation. There was. It made the room (which has hard surfaces from top to bottom) incredibly noisy; so much so that we truly couldn't hear the folks at our table. The food was good and we would return, but only if we checked out the wine tasting schedule first. If not for the over the top noise I would have given four starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Wine BarDonnyRVIPDined on 9/5/2014The only Thing that prevents me from giving Crush a 5 is the fact that we really didn't order much food so we can't properly rate their food and their prices. They are slightly more expensive than other wine bars in the area. That said, we will definitely visit them again. Their staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet but great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014We had a great dinner here and really enjoyed the food. There weren't many people there so it was great for conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, no ambience.chicagofoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were at the restaurant on a summer Sat night and it was almost empty. The service was good and the food was acceptable. I ordered blackened salmon but it had no blackening seasoning on it, but it was still good. So, a decent meal but I don't think we will go back.Special Features:
- Never FailedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We have been to Crush twice and have enjoyed our meal and the service very much. The food is different and very tasty...the Alligator sausage, Tuna Tartar and Scallops were great! The wine selection is very good. I recently went with a special from Living Social (2 wine flights and 2 appetizers, any choice) and I was surprised to see how much wine we received. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressions are everythingTeeLeeDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time dining at Crush, but it won't be my last! Great ambiance, great wine list, great service, and great food. Their menu offers options for every palate. The wine flights give you the opportunity to try to more than one wine, at a reasonable price. The creme brulee' was devine. I definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/22/2014This was my first experience at Crush Kitchen & Winehouse. I would definitely return with my husband for a fun evening out. I was presently surprised that the food was good. What a lovely compliment to the wine! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flights n Appsphoenix2289Dined on 8/22/2014This is a wonderful little restaurant with solid wines included in their flight options and an incredible menu. My boyfriend and I got two flights and two apps (plus a salad as filler): World of Whites and Seasonal Red flights with the Alligator Sausage and Prosciutto wrapped Dates. Everything was delicious! We really enjoyed being able to try so many different wines, especially with food as I pretend to be a critic. We even enjoyed two of the wines so much we walked down to Mills to buy them for home! Great way to get out (albeit a little expensive for a regular dining out location without a deal), try new tastes, find a new wine, and enjoy some interesting conversation.Special Features:
- The band, it's all about the bandLouisDined on 8/21/2014We generally go to Crush to see the Jazz Perpetrators who were playing the night we were there. The food was quite good and so was the wine. But the music made the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs workjoedianeDined on 8/21/2014Very noisy; poor acoustics. Took a long time just getting seated, and also for the food to come. There seemed to be a shortage of staff, which (hopefully) is a one-time thing. Food was OK. Rib eye good, but there remained a lot of fat at the end. Nice piece of salmon on a salad, but the salad itself was rather plain. Looks like it may be a nice place to go for a drink, with a couch area to the side.
- Very NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014This place has no noise damping at all with a concrete floor, stone tables and nothing on the walls. There were only a few people there with and one loud person at the other end of the place reverberated everywhere. It was a very good selection of wine but presentation was lacking. They have a very good and spicy alligator sausage but it does not go with wine. The flatbread was very good and so was the cheese but served with a basic cracker.Special Features:
- In LoveAnotherSatisfiedCustomerDined on 8/15/2014This place was absolutely AWESOME! It is definitely a neighborhood gem. We traveled from over a hour away to get there and it was TOTALLY worth it! I look forward to sharing this experience w friends and returning back SOON! The food was plentiful and delicious, our server Matt was GREAT and the wine flights were well composed and flavorful.Special Features:
- Tasty food, not worth a 2nd visitMelsTasteDined on 8/15/2014I enjoyed the food, but when I found what seemed to be an error on my receipt, I learned of a trick that the waiters play on the guests. My fiancé and I were looking at the wine, noticed that we could get drinks for $7, and with my finger on menu, he and I asked for a Pinot noir. Our bill came and we were charged $14 per glass. When we asked the waitress, she informed us that the $7 was for a 1/2 glass. I never said "I'd like a 'glass' of Pinot noir," I simply said I would have the Pinot noir. knowing that there is more than one option, the waitress should have asked for clarification, but instead she just brought us a drink and charged us double what we thought we were paying. And to make it worse, the 'full glass wasn't all that full'.Special Features:
- Sad to say I was disappointed.KatydidDined on 8/14/2014When my party of 2 walked in, there were just a few people in the restaurant. We stood at the front while the 2 staffers walked by and looked in our direction but didn't greet us, which turned out to be a sign of things to come. Once we were finally seated, we literally waited almost 10 minutes for anyone to acknowledge us again. One staff member seemed pre occupied with a man and baby in the lounge area while the other was trying to wait on all guests. Soon after, more diners arrived, taxing the one staffer while the other seemed indifferent. Our waitress was good when she was around, but couldn't keep up by herself and seemed annoyed when we needed her attention. The food and wine were fine, but not worth feeling like we were a burden.
- Night outloriandtroyDined on 8/9/2014Wanted to try something different.. headed out had an early reservation.. service was good, but no unsweet tea (just powder tea), no steak.. and pricey for the portion size. Food was good though..
- Great food - service a bit slowHHIWDined on 8/4/2014The atmosphere of Crust Kitchen & Winehouse was great for our large group. We had a reservation so the table was ready for us - large groups probably need a reso was the space is cozy. Food was excellent - service was a bit slow. By no means were we in a hurry but we waited quite a bit of time between ordering and food/drink deliveries. Overall I'd recommend it - just give yourself time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 178 reviews are from the Crush Kitchen & Winehouse reviews archive.
- Potential...thatguyDined on 7/21/2014Disappointing on most levels. They were clearly busier than they expected to be, and the two employees on staff were working hard to deal with the guests. If you call yourself a Winehouse I would expect some degree of excitement in regard to the wines but there was none; wine flights were unceremoniously dumped off at the table and a red from my flight had been substituted with a glass of sparkling (?!) with no explanations, no suggestions. The mussels were perfectly cooked despite a rather lackluster sauce laying beneath them in the bowl. Flatbread was fine if uninspired, and the "blackened" (not) salmon entree was bland and boring. The lights were off in the dining room and the music varied from off to Top 40 to off again. Bizarre place.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014All of the food was good to excellent. On the downside we had flies buzzing around our table and food all night. This is not an open-air restaurant. The wine list can be described as bizarre. Despite the good food, we will not be back.
- Old Fire Department now Wine BarijromeroDined on 6/23/2014Our group of four split 2 flights of wine. The INteresting Reds was superb. We also got a variety of appetizers. The alligator saugsage was a bit too salty, but the brushetta, mussels and charcuterie were spot on. Would definitely go back! The birthday girl got a sparkling glass of wine with a sparkler in it. Too fun. We sat outside on the patio area and the weather was perfect to watch people come and go.Special Features:
- Don't waste your moneyroesreviewDined on 6/17/2014Tried it this week. We walk in and an art class going on filling the entire place, except for 4 tables. No 1 to seat/greet us, have no idea where to go/what to do. Very loud/noisey, not very pleassant. One review said that a party was going on when they went but the restaurant called and told them that in advance. The restaurant didn't call/email to tell me. We had reservation. The food was mediocre/over priced. The one thing my husband enjoyed was his glass of wine. The waitress,the only waitstaff, was the only other good thing about the place. She did everything and did it well/quickly esp., with the #of people there. Read the reviews, esp., the ones that rated the place poorly. We wanted to give the place tha chance, big mistake!
- sit out on the patioPrettyGoodDined on 6/14/2014we took my father-in-law to a late lunch/early dinner this past weekend for fathers day; we had a nice table outside on the patio. it was fantastic! the crab dip and the seared scallops were very goodSpecial Features:
- So-SoKS76Dined on 6/7/2014I had heard great things about this place and was exccited to finally get to try it. Unfortunately while my exerperience was fine, I don't think I'll be back. The restaurant was dead, and I was there at 8pm on a Saturday night. They were out of several food options that I had been looking forward to, and the staff was in plain site playing on their phones. It just did not live up to my expectations. I'm happy I tried it, and enjoyed my food, but I do not need to go back.Special Features:
- Ambiance deficienttimewonderer13VIPDined on 6/2/2014Nice place to have a good glass of wine. The ambiance is understated. The dinning room has an unpleasant smell, which is uninviting.Special Features:
- Well worth a visitHaystaxDined on 5/31/2014We have visited Crush several times and enjoyed each visit. The wines are excellent (try a flight) and the food is always top class, with a menu that varies regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant for Winejro89Dined on 5/30/2014We tried this restaurant because we had a gift card. The food list was not extensive, but it is a wine restaurant. We had the crab dip for an appetizer, which was delicious. All food was served piping hot. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par...CadDyDined on 5/30/2014Services and ambience are the foremost features of the restaurant. However the food is roughly 30% over-priced when considering comparables from other similar venues. Also they seemed to have dispensed with the customary bread "condiment" which is exceedingly difficult since their crowning glory are their sauces... which are outstanding!Special Features:
- Very pleasant surpriseYumYumDined on 5/29/2014I won a giftcertificate to Crush Kitchen from Bay Weekly. I had never heard of the restaurant, so I got on line to look at their menu. It looked like it had a menu that both my husband and I would enjoy. It took me three months to find the time to take advantage of the gift certificate. We were not disappointed. We started off with Orange Crushes (YUM!) and the bruschetta...VERY GOOD! For the entree my husband ordered the blackened salmon while I had medium seared sesame tuna. I can honestly say this was the best seared tuna I have ever had. Unfortunately we were so full we could not order dessert. This restaurant is one that you need to try!Special Features:
- Perfect choice!MojoDined on 5/24/2014We chose this restaurant for our romantic trip to Annapolis for our anniversary and it was a great choice! there was a party on inside but they phoned me ahead of time to make sure that it was ok with me, and it was such a lovely night that we ended up sitting outside anyway! They went above and beyond to make our evening special. the food was amazing and they have a wine float which is a wine tasting selection, which was a perfect addition to the meal and was something that we really enjoyed doing! The night couldn't have been more perfect - I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and delicious mealXeuropnDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Since we like to share portions, we splurged with a bottle of Malbec. Both the appetizer and main course were both cooked to perfection. We would definitely eat here again. As it was over Memorial Day weekend, we chose an early dinner hour @ 5:00 PM. I believe you must have reservations, as the greeter/ server asked everyone coming through the front door if they had one. Thank You Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.