Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
114 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crushwinehouse.com/
- Phone: (410) 216-9444
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 4pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Morrone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call Chris Chambers at 301-775-4710 for details.
A word from Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
Located on West Street in historic downtown Annapolis, Crush Kitchen & Winehouse offers an eclectic American menu served in a unique and casual atmosphere. High ceilings, exposed brick and a spiral staircase to nowhere are remnants of the buildings’ 80 years as a fire and rescue station, adding a sense of the unexpected to every meal. Chef Mike Morrone's culinary creations combine unconventional ingredients with traditional comfort foods - alligator sausage served with green chile coleslaw and shepard's pie made with bison and red wine. Finish your meal with a house-made dessert, updated seasonally and ranging from decadent chocolate cake to a summer fruit crisp. Whether you drop in on a Tuesday night or make us part of a special occasion, every visit to Crush Kitchen and Winehouse will be warm and welcoming, but always unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (11)romantic (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Rush To CrushRickVIPDined on 5/21/2014We simply love Crush Kitchen & Winehouse. Whenever we go no matter how busy it is we are always treated with friendliness and courtesy while enjoying some of the best food in Annapolis. Rush to Crush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept poorly executed...Candid1Dined on 5/21/2014As someone who appreciates a good wine bar or tapas restaurant, I was excited to finally visit Crush. Upon entering, the first thing I noticed was the smell of stale food (garlic with that acrid greasy smell that comes from cooked meat) lingering in the air. The place was quiet because there was no one there for dinner service. I was flummoxed by the menu which offered more American bistro fare than something Mediterranean. The waitress informed us that two of their most popular items, scallops and salmon were not available. What we ordered barely passed as delectable food befitting a special night out. The kitchen telegraphed "economic distress," showcasing a bland pre-made or store bought foods, liberally sprinkled with almond slivers.
- Amazing foodCrystalDined on 5/19/2014Never disappoints! The baked brie and prosciutto wrapped dates were amazing!Special Features:
- Below averageJohnVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a totally bland meal that was way too much money. I will definitely not go back.Special Features:
- Just OKSDB1Dined on 5/11/2014We came here for a mother's day lunch. I had just wanted to go somewhere we could get a reservation so we wouldn't end up waiting for a table. We made a reservation but this place was almost empty - only 2 or 3 other tables were occupied. Food was ok, but nothing special. My fish was cooked appropriately, but the accompanying rice was presented in a sticky mound that seemed like it had probably been sitting in a warmer for quite some time. My son's flatbread was probably the 'best' thing we had. I will say that the atmosphere is very nice, and I imagine if you are just looking for somewhere to hang out for some wine and don't care too much about great food, this could be an ok choice
- great girl's nightwinedunceDined on 5/10/2014a small group of gals met at the Crush Kitchen and we loved it! We were taken care of by a very knowledgeable server who recommended some fabulous wines and pairings for dinner. I will definitely return with my husband for a date night!Special Features:
- decentChefJedDined on 5/4/2014Decent little place in Annapolis. Very quiet on a Sunday night. Our server did a great job being attentive but not overly so, cinsidering we were one of only two tables in the place. The food was well executed though lacking in creativity.
- Great wine, great food, great fun!JaeEllisDined on 5/3/2014Had a wonderful time dining at Crash! Our server, Nicole, was amazing! She was about to recommend several delicious wines and helped us choose food that paired well. The four people in my group shared two appetizers, we each had an entree and a few glasses of wine. With a all that we had the bill was still reasonable. I will visit them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your money...FoodieDined on 5/3/2014Nice looking cozy restaurant. The food here was bland and did not seemed to be cooked fresh. The waitress said they put the dishes in some sort of steamer. This was evident by EVERYTHING coming out of the kitchen smoking hot and the food having uneven temperatures throughout. My "blackened" salmon was covered in a bland sauce and raw in the middle. No blackened seasonings that I could taste. But the staff were friendly and VERY laid back. The waitress promptly removed the salmon from the bill. The wine was good. I would MAYBE only return to have a glass of wine but probably not.Special Features:
- Great flatbread!feedmeVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had a terrific dinner on Saturday night. The flatbreads were outstanding; I had the cured meat and my date had the crab and avocado. She let me try hers, and it was terrific. The wine flights were fun.Special Features:
- No ambiance; needs cleaningELK2014Dined on 4/26/2014Wine was good; a couple of the items we wanted to order were not available at the start of dinner service, and the restaurant itself was not clean.
- Not So Good Serviceluv2wineattDined on 4/26/2014Went here on a Saturday afternoon with my gf. We were greeted/seated fairly quickly. We had a living social deal for a flight of wines, service wasn't the best. It was a quiet afternoon, not busy at all and the waitress was not very attentive at all. Got the wines, didn't really explain the wine types of anything. Overall mediocre experience and would probably only go back if have another deal, wines and flights are very expensive otherwise and again, the mediocre service was/is a deterrent for me.Special Features:
- Good pre-concert destinationCateDined on 4/25/201410 of us gathered on a Friday night for a pre Maryland Hall concert and had a lovely light meal of appetizers, wine flights and good company. Our server was fabulous and kept everything coming, managed our varying needs and got us out the door with plenty of time to make the show. Well done.Special Features:
- Great Date NightCheers2UsDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I came here with a Living Social deal for 2 flights of wine and 2 appetizers. It was a wonderful experience! The server took her time to learn our wine preferences so she could make suggestions accordingly. She was spot on! We shared the crab dip (delicious) and the alligator sausage (also delicious). We would definitely go back here.Special Features:
- Very good!RobiDined on 4/15/2014First visit! We will be back again though it's not inexpensive for our pocketbok!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE CrushnewlywedDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I had a small church ceremony before we get ready to go to OBX for our big wedding celebration in May and thought going to Annapolis for the night would be a perfect end to our (first) wedding day ;) I purchased a groupon around Christmas time for Crush Winehouse and thought this was the perfect occassion to use it. The atmosphere was awesome. The staff were very pleasant. The food was outstanding. The wine was good, would be nice to go back soon and try another category and another meal. Thanks for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double check reservationAdamDined on 4/11/2014I have heard great things about this restaurant, but there was a problem between opentable and their records, so we missed a chance to eat here. The staff was very kind and accommodating, but they had a big party and just could not squeeze us in. It would be a good idea to call and confirm reservations until they get this sorted out!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four words:CaraBDined on 3/23/2014"Shrimp and chorizo pasta" Absolutely out of this world. We stopped in to Crush on our way around the city (We were visiting because we bought a house in Annapolis and wanted to see some of the 'digs'), and...in the span of 3 days we'd returned two more times after that. Mainly just for that pasta, man! INCREDIBLE! The brie is unbelievable, too, as was the service. The perky hostess with curly hair was SUPER helpful, as was the blonde hostess/server who turned into our exclusive bartender / recommender / sommelier / breadrunner / cheerleader for our entire stay. So professional, so helpful-- and that goes for everyone we encountered, all three times we were there that weekend :) We will ABSOLUTELY be back! You've won two new regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014I enjoyed the time I had at Crush as I did last year about the same time. The ambiance is nice and food is great.Special Features:
- Great Find in AnnapolisDaveVIPDined on 3/21/2014You couldn't tell from the outside what a great restaurant was on the inside! Great service, outstanding menu, great food and reasonably priced for dinner. Definitely a place to return to when next in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Owners Living On Reputation?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2014I went to this wine bar on vacation several years old. Our good experience made me book a dinner reservation here this past weekend. Clearly, this place must have changed hands. The server, while sweet, was overwhelmed and slow. I asked about the type of cheese included in the meat and cheese plate - "cheddar. It's a cheddar. You know, like cheddar." "Yes, but where is it from," I asked, expecting as you see in most wine bars that the cheese meets the same standard as the wine and is referred to by farm. This was not the case. Still hopeful, we ordered a few small plates. These mimicked party trays you might find at a local grocery store. We left shortly thereafter and went to Red Red Wine down the street. A much better choice!
- Great findZoninVIPDined on 3/14/2014Surprises occur. Wow. The alligator sausage was off the charts good. The entire experience was great. I look forward to my next visit to this great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!jberVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food was really good. We had the crab dip which was delicious. The wine flights are a great way to sample different wines and the staff was great! Would definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service has been a problemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/27/2014The service has been a problem in the past before as well. They never seem to have enough servers working. The food is good, but for an expensive restaurant they need to improve the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekMyReviewDined on 2/27/2014My wife and I ate here for the first time during Annapolis restaurant week and loved it. The food was great - especially the flat bread and our main course items. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Great date placeMattDined on 2/22/2014It was a little noisy, but the owner admitted being a bit overbooked due to a large party. Otherwise, absolutely superb! Try the prosciutto wrapped dates. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Our waiter was excellent. He made some great food selections for us and we enjoyed everything he chose for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valuation isn't thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We went for a Valentine's Day dinner, and while the overall experience was okay, the value just wasn't there for the extremely high price. Rather than a traditional menu the restaurant featured a Valentine's Day dinner at a fixed, high price. That would have been fine except that the quality of the meal wasn't really in-line with that price: food a little overdone, and nothing very remarkable to speak of at that.
- Valentine's Day TriumphSlave2wineDined on 2/14/2014I went to Crush for Valentines Day dinner and had a wonderful experience. The building is beautiful, the staff is friendly, but more importantly the food and wine were excellent.Special Features:
- Good for a Special OccasionPMG2014Dined on 2/14/2014I went for Valentines day, the menu was set, so I can't comment on the full menu. However, the food was pretty good. Some items were a little bland, others were good. I think it is hard to have a consistent great menu when it is fixed, because it seems all pre-prepared and not cooked to order. I ordered a medium rare roast beef and it was well done. However, I did not return it becuase the sesonings and spices made up for the meet being overcooked. All in all, we had a great time. I will go back to try to full menu. I would suggest his place as a nice spot for dinner and drinks.Special Features:
- Not impressed.likefoodVIPDined on 2/9/2014We came in about 7:00 on a Sunday. The single waiter seated us and eventually gave us menus. After a longish period, the waiter came to take our order. I ordered tuna and my husband ordered osso buco. The waiter said "sorry, we are out of osso buco - it was a very popular dish the previous evening". It would have been good to let us know when we got the menus. Ok, so my husband then ordered the steak. After a reasonable time, our meals arrived. My husband asked where is the potato? (there was rice on his plate). The waiter said "oh, sorry, we are out of potatoes"...... My tuna was very good, but I have to say the rice on our plates seemed redone, mushy and certainly not a good companion to steak.The waiter was not concerned at all.
- a few small repairsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014Overall the food and beverage was good, and the waiter was personable We enjoyed ourselves - however: the bruschetta was ice cold, right down to the toasted bread Who prepares brochette and then refrigerates it? I don't know if it was lazy or just weird. And my seared tuna was more than seared and lacked some of the descriptors from the menu, like a ginger soy flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The appetizers and meal wereDsakpaDined on 2/8/2014The appetizers and meal were very good and the entree prices are reasonable. The dessert was just ok and not worth ordering. My only complaint is the dining room gets very noisy and when the tables fill up it's very difficult to talk to others at your own table. They really should address the acoustics and see if the noise can be toned down a little. This was my second visit and I had the same issue the first time we dined and I've heard the same complaint from others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menuMissMKDined on 1/27/2014The menu was limited but what they do offer is done very well. The service we had was very good and the waitress was very pleasant . We were there on an extremely cold Monday night so there were very few diners but I would imagine that on a warm summer night it would be quite busy. Definitely worth going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014Our first visit to Crush was on a Saturday evening @6:00pm. There were only a sprinkling of people dining when we arrived, but it was not long before every table was filled. Service was very nice. The four of us agreed everything was delicious. Here are some noteworthy plates: Mussels were plump, sweet and served in a wonderful broth. The alligator/pork sausage was everyones favorite surprise. Spicy, delicious served over cool slaw. Do not pass on the pork shank osso bucco. It was melting off the bone tender and full of flavor. We easily spent more than we realized as we opted for wines by the glass, (they ran out of both malbecs that nigh,t and we could not decide on a bottle to share). Too bad the flights aren't mixed white to red....Special Features:
- Worth a look, but not over the topAnnapolitanDined on 1/16/2014First visit to Crush on Thursday night. Restaurant was under staffed with only a hostess/waitress working. It took a while for her to come to the table, maybe to give time to look at the menu, but could’ve offered drinks/bread. Wine list was a disappointment, but I get you can’t put multiple varietals out by the glass. We selected a chardonnay and a cabernet by the glass, but were told they were out of both. Only other cabernet choice was to go from $10 to $14/glass selection. Waitress was indifferent saying they’re out of stock. Really? Dinner choices were good, but no specials. We enjoyed our dinners and the up-sale wine. Food gets a high rating. The Lesson here is don’t go to Crush on a week night, but I would give them another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for winosCpekalaDined on 12/14/2013Food was good, not amazing. Each person in our party ordered a different flute of wines, which was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Wine and Foodjt123VIPDined on 11/30/2013For a winebar, the wine selection wasn't that great. Food was mediocre.
- A wonderful gift from a freindTrishMDined on 11/29/2013My husband and I went to Crush to celebrate the Holiday. And although they were set up for a private party they cordially served us. We thoroughly enjoyed the wine flights and were overjoyed that the portions were larger than you would se elsewhere. My appetizer of Bacon wrapped dates were dry and pasty my entree of Duck was tender albeit under seasoned. We have previously come here to enjoy a bottle if wine and their charcuterie plate which never disappoints. The ambiance is very nice and lively without being too loud.Special Features:
- Good for first datekellis5137Dined on 11/23/2013Had a first date with a woman and it was a perfect setting. Great food, quiet, pretty atmosphere. I think the date would have gone well regardless, but the restaurant certainly didn't hurt it! :-)Special Features: