Crush - Chico
Chico, CA 95926Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Crush - Chico
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chicocrush.com/
- Phone: (530) 342-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00pm.
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm. Late Night Happy Hour: Friday - Saturday: 10:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Jason
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Crush - Chico
Crush Dining Room and Lounge, a restaurant beyond any local experience, offering a unique combination of the traditional and the contemporary. Specializing in traditional Italian Flavors mixed with fresh, local, seasonal ingredients creates a vibrant menu of dishes that embrace the energy and atmosphere of the restaurant. The atmosphere is contemporary and chic with soft lighting and an oversized lounge that makes each guest feel like part of the excitement. Savor the fusion of market fresh foods to a wine list with over 100 selections guaranteed to meet the most discriminating palette. Come enjoy and treat yourself to an unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Crush - Chico - Best Restaurants in Chico ›
Crush - Chico reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (14)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (10)hot spot (10)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food, improving serviceLuluDined on 11/22/2014We have been to Crush many times and we really like the food. The service can be hit or miss. This past visit we had fairly good service, except we did not get the bread basket that came with our dinner. Other visits we have had really slow service. The restaurant is always busy, so the food quality carries the service. It is often quite loud and difficult to carry on a conversation, but in a positive energy way. We do appreciate that they take weekend night reservations and we love that we can book the reservation on Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh PastaDianeVIPDined on 11/18/2014I love the idea of Fresh Pasta made daily in such a small town, truly a city gem. The wine list offered up excellent choices and the appetizers such as bone marrow and carpaccio were excellent too. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodPatricoDined on 11/10/2014I liked the menu selections, the food presentation and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCindyBDined on 10/30/2014Crush has a wonderful atmosphere with delicious food and wine. The staff is very professional, friendly and on it! I absolutely love Crush and hope they never leave Chico.Special Features:
- Big city style!kayakrnDined on 10/12/2014Crush is one of our favorite restaurants in Chico! It does tend to be very loud, especially on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. I think it has poor acoustics. But the food is great and the menu is varied throughout the year. I love their pizzas and salads. The crispy chicken and the pasta Bolognese is also very good. Portions are large and I can usually have lunch the following day with my leftovers! They have a great happy hour in the bar with good prices for pizzas and appetizers.Special Features:
- Declining CrushYankeeJeffDined on 10/10/2014I have eaten at Crush numerous times since we have 2 daughter that have or attended school in Chico. This time we noticed a huge decline at Crush. Took forever to get our food. The bone marrow which is usually marvelous was in tiny bones, so much so that the waiter brought 2 more to me at n/c. My wife ordered a pasta dish with a mushroom/vegetable sauce that was utterly tasteless. My daughter ordered a filet mignon. Nice piece of meat but covered with melted Gorgonzola cheese that absolutely killed the taste even when scraped off....the potatoes and veggies on the side were again bland at best. We were so disappointed that we looked at the dessert menu, got our check and left. We may give Crush another try, but it is too pricey to test.Special Features:
- Great for Large Groupssymphonicmetal9Dined on 9/12/2014Pros: -The restaurant had beautiful lighting, not too dark and not too bright. -Affordable menu options, as well as some more expensive ones. -The drinks were pricey, but they were good. Cons: -It was really loud and we had to keep repeating ourselves to be heard. -The service was not what I was hoping for. -We had a reservation for 8pm but didn't get seated for a good 15-20 minutes. -The tables were really cramped and close together, and the server kept having to reach over me and behind me, which was a little awkward. -Food was a bit on the greasy side, and definitely not good Italian cuisine. Overall, nothing special, but for Chico, it's one of the nicer places to go. Good for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDanaDined on 9/3/2014We came here to celebrate our anniversary - we are glad we did. The food was excellent and service outstanding. The wine list is also getting better every time we go there. Would recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for occasionRobertDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful experience with Nick, our waiter. He shared his knowledge of wine and his past experience. He helped us pair our wine with our dinner choices, which made our evening even more enjoyable. A definite plus and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alee83Dined on 8/9/2014It was the best Italian food, definitely coming back every other week for dinner. Amazing! Service was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Meal, service OKHersheycrewVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I decided to give Crush a shot this weekend on Saturday night. The food was decent, nothing to great, nothing to terrible. The service was decent as well, but below average. If we had it to do over, we would have likely tried somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 'N' LoudScottishPaulDined on 8/5/2014From the moment that you have your keys to the valet to park your car, the expectation is that it's going to be good. Then you take the elevator up to the restaurant and the hostess greets you, but so does the noise, it is not quiet, far from it. However, after we were seated away from the bar, it did not seem so loud and it was easy to hold a conversation. The drinks list is impressive, my only complaint is, they have a good selection of single malt scotch, but it is not listed on the drinks menu, and with around 18 different bottles it is too much for the waiter to remember, so we had to go to the bar to check them out. The food was very good as was the service, the cost? a little expensive, but not prohibitively so, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CrushOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Husband & I went to crush on a Sunday evening. Service was excellent. Food was fabulous. It was not busy & there was no issue with waiting for food or drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegrewalDined on 8/1/2014My first time at Crush was for an informal dinner after a job interview in October, 2013. I enjoyed the food, but given the high stress visit, don't remember much, except telling myself, "This is Good, I have to come back here". I moved to Chico from New York City and kept my promise. We walked past a lively bar and were seated promptly. Service was very good. Our waiter knew the menu well and had insightful suggestions. The 1933 MaiTai was very good, tangy and spicy. I had the Roasted Bone Marrow for starters, which tasted great, with roasted garlic and cress. Fresh bread was on the house. I had the Sea Bass, which was perfectly cooked, well seasoned, served with favabeans, tomato confit and pesto. I will surely return very soon, hungry.Special Features:
- Dinner with my boysJunieDined on 7/30/2014We have always wanted to try Crush but it is not open for lunch. We finally got a chance to be in Chico for dinner with our boys and had a fantastic dinner at Crush. The service was great! The food was delicious! We will be back hopefully soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 192 reviews are from the Crush - Chico reviews archive.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014We had a fun time. Nice atmosphere for party. Waiter was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable and FunWHAdministratorDined on 7/2/2014Our first visit was a pleasant and positive one. Good food and fair prices plus a nice energy from the mostly local regulars. I wore a tie at my wife's insistence and felt a bit overdressed around the mostly jeans wearing 30 something's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBarkfireDined on 6/7/2014We had a great birthday dinner for my Wife. Started out worried about the table we got because it was right next to a group of college girls that were talking very loud. Within just a couple of minuets the manager came over and asked if we wanted a table by the window, I was very glad he did. The food was good although my wife had a lot of bones in her sea bass, but it didn’t stop her from eating it. I had the short ribs that was more like a pot roast, but very tasty, I really enjoyed it. Happy hour started at ten so it got a little loud, it didn’t bother us much but we got desert on the house because the manager felt bad. We are looking forward to going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance and staffFood4usDined on 6/2/2014After hearing about Crush from others over the years, I have to agree it *is* a nice place for fine dining in Chico. The staff was very friendly and we had 3 visits from the host during our visit asking how everthing was going. The only downside was an extremely long wait for our dinner. In fact, on the hosts second visit he asked how we liked our dinner, and we said we hadn't received it yet! He was surprised. It was close to an hour before we got our meals. In the end, the filet mignon was outstanding, but the chef missed the request for extra grilled veggies and no potatoes. We didn't make a deal out of it because we were hungry by the time the food came and didn't want any more delays. It is pricey but worth it for special ocassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The food was great, price was acceptable, service was sub par. Waterfall was splashing on everyone, some individuals not happy about that. Drink orders were on wrong bill numerous times. Other than those issues mentioned, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterHometownDined on 5/30/2014Waiter was not very good, very slow to get to table after we sat down, he apologized, so long almost left. Out of drinks for a long time while he folded napkins, which there where 3 big piles of napkins already we weren't the only table neglected either. Food was good the portions use to be bigger so now they are smaller on a huge plate, looked like a child's meal. Smaller portions get smaller plates.. Drinks, one was awful come to find out they were out of triple sec they tried to make one similar, didn't work even the manager said, the drink was not good. So few improvements! After being on vacation for 2weeks having wonderful resturants that were awesome & perfect drinks that weren't weak. Hoping much better from my hometown.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceDiningduoDined on 5/27/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner and everything from food to service to the overall ambiance was spectacular. He had the filet which simply melted in his mouth and I has a lamb pasta dish which was Devine. I would recommend to anyone for a special meal as it is a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!katsfamilyDined on 5/11/2014The Food, Service and Atmosphere of this restaurant have made it my new family favorite. Our family of 4 all have their favorites. My 14 yr old daughter loves the Sea Bass and the Filet. Myself, I love the Filet (melts in your mouth) and the Bolognese is just like grandma used to make. My husband had the swordfish on Mother's Day and all he said was wow! My mom tried the Filet this time and was in heaven! We skipped our salads this visit and tried the desserts (what a joy). The affogato made even my husband enjoy dessert (a rarity) and their butterscotch bread pudding made me want to cry! We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- A Little Piece of HeavenNS4everDined on 5/10/2014Crush is probably one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. The wait was next to nothing with a reservation, the waitresses and waiters were kind and talkative, and the food was heaven on earth. It made my birthday/prom night one I won't soon forget!Special Features:
- Thomas Lawrence's reviewThomasLDined on 4/26/2014Very thankful to have dined at Crush for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW KITCHEN !markVIPDined on 4/26/2014very hip and happening bar scene with a nice bar layout, however i was there for dinner. The server was nice and professional and brought out drinks/appitizers/salads quickly. The issue became main entree time the kitchen was VERY SLOW i am talking 45 mins slow and the poor server ran out of humerous things to say about the cooks. Salmon portion was tiny and the pasta was more sauce than substance, beware the odd sauces they top the steaks with also. The price for this meal was ridiculous $$$$ and I will not eat another meal there, however would go back and try the bar for drinks.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/19/2014I was visiting Chico on business and was brought to Crush by a client. I live in San Francisco and eat out a lot and found that Crush was comparable to some of the finest restaurants I've eaten at in the City. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- RockyrockyDined on 3/16/2014Our server was outstanding; efficient and friendly. The food as always was excellent. We celebrated two birthdays and had a great time.Special Features:
- Great food and barRobertDined on 3/14/2014We have enjoyed dinning here several times. Twice we have come away with a less than satisfactory opinion of our server. (Same server) we will continue to go to Crush but will request a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat nightMizzvickDined on 3/8/2014Really amazing food and service. The Tuscan Salad and Caesar were to die for. My ONLY complaint is we were seated in front of a pretty water feature that SOAKED OUR HAIR! I guess that would be refreshing in summer in Chico. Not so much in winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeJohnsonsDined on 3/8/2014We love dining at Crush! We have eaten there many times and have always been impressed by the delicious food and atmosphere. We have tried many entrees and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is comfortable and feels as tho you are in the city which I love. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Crush is my favorite restaurant in Chico!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014These guys rock! The service is better than I have found anywhere in a long time. These guys know how to take care of their customers. The kitchen does an excellent job of preparing and serving the meals. We enjoy Crush as a special place and go their every year on our anniversary (but also on other occasions as well).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellent.IngineerDined on 2/14/2014The service was excellent. All of the staff were attentive and friendly. The food was good but not great. The fish and potatoes were both too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went to crush for our valentines dinner and we were deffinently not disappointed! For such a popular holiday we got great service and the restaurant is super romantic! We will be comin backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurry up and eat!!!DeeDeeDined on 2/1/2014Crazy fast waiter. Had he consumed too much red bull or had he worked at in and out previously. Clearly he did not understand that people spending this kind of $$$ would like to enjoy their cocktails, then appetizers without having to shove them aside to make room for salads, which we sent back. We ordered cocktails and apps and before they were delivered to the table, were asked to order salads and entrees 2 times. Good thing we waited to order because we might have had the entire meal served all at once. We managed to slow him down a little and then were punished with a long wait between the salad and main course. Hopefully the staff will be better trained and more experienced in the future as the food and vibe are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great everything!Finediner24Dined on 1/20/2014Great food, awesome drink menu there's something there for everyone if you like beer wine or cocktails they have it all. The Happy Hour menu is fantastic 8 dollar pizzas and five dollar select cocktails you just can't beat it especially for the quality. Will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve Ball DropperGregSDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I went to Crush for NYE. The food was good and worth the money we spent (our bill was $250 with tip for the two of us). However the service was absolutely horrible.Our waters were not refilled once. The waiter, aside from bringing dishes or clearing them away never checked in to see if we needed another drink or anything. At the end of the meal, my wife order a coffee, we were told they were out of clean coffee cups and she was given it in a cream pitcher! I originally typed more into this box, because a drink or two form the bar was quite a spectacle as well, except that our feedback is only limited to 350 characters, so I had to delete half of it, so I guess the Emperor wears no clothes.
- Tasty & TrendyNikkiDined on 12/29/2013A good meal, fair pricing, nice place. Acoustics are not great, but that is to be expected with the high ceilings and older building. We were helped promptly and there are nice touches like the year of your anniversary or the name of the restaurant written in the olive oil using the balsamic vinegar. We have been several times and will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningConnieCDined on 12/23/2013As usual, our dining experience at Crush was wonderful. We had delicious drinks and appetizers at the bar while waiting for our table. The bartenders and waitresses are always so helpful and friendly. Our dinner was great, but the butterscotch bread pudding took the prize for the evening, and I'm not a dessert person! When we want a little something special while still in a lovely, relaxed setting, it's off to Crush we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my reviewgoodeatsDined on 12/21/2013I've had the pleasure of dining at Crush several times. The food, service and atmosphere make it a favorite place to go whether it be a romantic evening, a celebration of life, a place to bring out-of-town guests or just to make whoever I'm with have a fine dining experience and feel spoiled a little. I'd like to thank you all. Hats off to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.