Crum's on Central
1855 Central Ave.
Augusta, GA 30904Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crum's on Central
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crumsoncentral.com/
- Phone: 7067296969
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Crumrine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call to have us set up a personalized catering experience for your needs. Our lunches start at $12 per person and our catered dinners start at $20.00 per person
- Entertainment: Live music Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Ranging from Bluegrass to Jazz.
A word from Crum's on Central
Crum's on Central is a restaurant in Augusta Georgia. We specialize in seafood, steaks and wood fired pizzas. We have a full bar and a large list of appetizers ranging from Hummus with pita wedges to Mussels in a pesto cream. Please take a closer look at us by accessing our website at http://www.crumsoncentral.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crum's on Central reviews from OpenTable diners
- Will be missedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014We loved Crums and will miss the great outdoor dining and excellent food served! Hoping someone just as good takes over at this awesome location!Special Features:
- Crum's, excellent as alwaysThomasjDined on 5/17/2014In all the times we have dated at Crum's, we have never and a bad, or even average meal. The mussels are smoky and tasty, the salads fresh with added goodies, and the entree's (especially their fish) tasty and imaginative. Good go-to restaurant for a solid meal.Special Features:
- You're not closed yet!KMMeatsDined on 5/11/2014We received poor service on Mother's Day. There were two other tables seated when we were dining, so at the time it was not busy. I understand that it is an extremely busy day overall, but our server was rude and inconsiderate. If the restaurant were not already closing, I would tell my acquaintances to save their time and money and eat somewhere else.
- Crum's LunchMRH29841VIPDined on 5/4/2014From the owner, Andrew, to the manager, Stoney, it's a great place to relax & enjoy great food & drink. Plenty of outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014My party of 5 had Sunday brunch. The food was OK, but not outstanding. My wife and I ordered Eggs Crum (variation of Eggs Benedict, with crab cakes). My plate consisted of a ramekin of fresh fruit (good), home fries (good), and two eggs over two very tiny crab cakes. The crab cakes were 1/8" thick, and the diameter of a half-dollar coin - skimpy, considering the plate was $11. One egg was hard-cooked, not poached, and the other was the other was far too runny. Small drizzle of hollandaise. My wife ordered the same dish, but her plate contained but one egg and one crab cake. The Crummy Fries were nice. a. Overall, our experience was pleasant; however, the quality and quantity of the food did not support the price.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!jackieDined on 5/3/2014We love Crum's on Central. The food and service are always excellent. It's a favorite get away when we're looking for outside, quiet dining. It's not fancy and that's just great! It's a stable, consistent good time that we'd recommend. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Awesome placemalachanyDined on 5/3/2014Im not much of a big fan of Augusta area. However, this place was amazing. Sat outside, it was nice and quite. Great place for brunch. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden on Central AveJimBDined on 4/29/2014If you're looking for a quaint fun restaurant...here you go. Been here a few times before. The food is excellent. Ask for the pizza menu.Special Features:
- Consistant Excellence!IsaacVIPDined on 4/27/2014There are not many restaurants that can stay at the top. This is one that does simply by providing great service, a fresh menu, and a great location! I love coming here! If you're just in town for the weekend, or you're looking for a new local favorite for a work lunch or romantic dinner, this is the place!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service!JoJo21VIPDined on 4/6/2014We had a great meal and fantastic service. I enjoyed a perfectly prepared rockfish special that had a perfect sear. My husband raved about the quail and grits (which I tasted and found scrumptious). Highly recommend...great for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were celebrating our 32ndOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014We were celebrating our 32nd Wedding Anniversary. Had heard good things about Crums but have never been. Great experience. We had the steak, which was excellent and the Chicken FLorentine which was also very good. Great service and food. Have told several friends about it and have recommended it to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreScarletDined on 3/27/2014The food was very good but it took a while to get it. Also it was loud as there were two large groups there on a Thursday night. The waitress had a hard time hearing what we needed - like a straw which I thought was an automatic gift with a glass of water. I would try it again just for the food and if the weather is nice sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great out of the way place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014We decided to try Crums on a whim in our search for something different in the area. Altho parking is a bit of a nightmare if you have vehicle larger than a smart car, the restaurant itself did not disappoint. Our server was on the spot and had an excellent knowledge of the beers and wines available. As well, she provided a recounting of the items on the menu and provided her recommendations. The menu is somewhat small, but everything we ate was delicious and appealing. All in all, we'd recommend trying this one out if you haven't. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Whenever the weather gets nice, and we start to look for outdoor dining in Augusta, we usually end up at Crum's! The food is delicious and well-priced. The service is friendly, and the atmosphere is energetic! Fantastic spot for Sunday brunch with mimosas or for dinner and a cocktail!Special Features:
- Food was great and the serviceMandBDined on 3/14/2014Food was great and the service was fast & attentive. Been there twice will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceMrShabbsDined on 3/8/2014Great food from start to finish and an excellent selection of beers! We will return and recommend others to try it for the first time.Special Features:
- Casual and PleasantTandGTwinzMomVIPDined on 2/28/2014We were a bit caught out by how casual the place is, despite the upscale food on offer-- not a bad thing, but we were definitely overdressed for the occasion! We shared the tuna wonton appetizer--four, large wontons, so we were grateful that we shared. They were quite tasty (would order them again). I ordered the sea bream special which was nicely grilled and topped with tomatoes, green olives, etc. Hubby ordered the shrimp and grits. We were both happy with our choices. We shared a chocolate caramel tart for dessert, which would have been way too large and dense for one person, but we managed to polish it off between the two of us. Portion sizes on the entrees was just right, with only a spoonful of grits not consumed. Nice place :-)Special Features:
- Pretty good mom and pop place : )NicoleDined on 2/9/2014Great place and I love to support local businesses : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant experience!MJG23Dined on 2/8/2014I didn't know what to expect when I made my reservations. I went off of what other people said.... and I can honestly say that they are not wrong. This is an amazing restaurant. Whether you want a quiet evening with your special someone or you are celebrating an event with some close friends, this is definitely a place to consider. I have been in a Augusta for almost 7yrs now and this is easily a restaurant in the top 3. The food was absolutely outstanding and it didn't take long to get. Nice old decor on the inside just gave you that secluded feel... The waitress was on point the entire night for the large group I had. I will definitely make this a spot to keep going to as everyone in Augusta should try it out if you haven't already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodleslie2VIPDined on 2/8/2014Like going to a place that has specials that are just that. Had Wahoo fish that was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Camper !!!BrooklyniteDined on 2/7/2014In consideration of the top 5 restaurants (Open Table) in the Augusta, Ga area. I chose this one... I say that to say this, Crum's on Central caught my attention with it's eclectic menu, there staff nothing short of spectacular, Lance - Thank you and the Restaurant's ambience nostalgic and will be back for sure... The grilled Salmon Hit the Spot !!! In closing, parking could be a bit challenging, busy nite other then that - I'll be back. Smile...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2014Food is always great and service it wonderful. Attentive servers and Stoney makes the best Gin Collins in town! Definitely my pick for dining out in Augusta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here.sq70Dined on 1/18/2014I went with a gf for my early b-day dinner...it was the first time for both of us. Our server, Will, was super nice & efficient. He made suggestions and made sure we were doing good frequently. I got a beer to start with -- it was super cold and so was the mug! My friend got a specialty pomegranate drink....she said it was really good! For an appetizer, we ordered the crab cakes & the portabella fries. We enjoyed both -- the rosemary ranch made the fries! We both got the fresh herb salads....fell in love! I ordered the ribeye -- it was cooked perfectly. My friend ordered the pork loin chop...she loved it...especially the scalloped potatoes! We took food home...we were stuffed and oh so happy! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJimBDined on 1/14/2014We were looking for a quiet place to eat before attending Blue Man Group with some friends. This was perfect! If you haven't been here, you need to give it a try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local foodAMCCDined on 1/10/2014I enjoyed the food. It was fresh. The pizza was great! The wings were really good too. My husband wanted the ribeye but they ran out so he was a little disappointed with that.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningdscheyDined on 1/3/2014My brother and sister in law were visiting over the Holidays and my wife and I decided on Crums for diner. We had a fantastic time. The before diner drinks were wonderful, the appetizers were perfectly sized and tasty, the wine list was abundant with most of my favorite wines, and our main courses were fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a better night out.Special Features:
- Good food, different menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/18/2013Good food, different menu, reasonable prices. Great beverage list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKVBLocalVIPDined on 12/5/2013Nothing special about Crums... OK place if you live in the neighborhood and want a little local place, but again nothing special. I was going to take a client who couldn't make it, and I'm kind of glad he couldn't.Special Features:
- Crum's pleasant eating experienceJwarner6Dined on 11/15/2013Food presentation is excellent in just right portions. Waitperson was very attentive with good personality. Good value.Special Features:
- Celebrating NewnessNewnessDined on 11/2/2013We really enjoyed Crums. They were very friendly and the food was delicious. We stayed for four hours and they were so nice about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SuprisedineDvineDined on 10/26/2013I absolutely loved the atmosphere and the food was spot on. Making the reservations online was very fast and accurate. When I entered the restaurant I was greeted by name. The waitress/server was really nice and very knowledgeable. I felt if I had found one of Augusta's best kept secrets. Great job. Can't wait to dine in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customermeanmanDined on 10/19/2013My wife and I have been to Crums several times. We have never had a dish that was not properly prepared. The menu is the large enough to offer variety and excellent quality. We have had small gatherings for birthdays in the evening and larger groups for lunch. We always have decent service despite the turnover of wait staff. I have never been to Crums when there are groups with children and I am glad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The crab cakes and herb insalataOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2013The crab cakes and herb insalata were the perfect light supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, average ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2013I took a group of 9 people to Crum's recently. Easily got a table, parking was odd that it was behind the building next door. Food was very good, as was the service. My guests were surprised that the food was so good given the appearance of the entrance, the interior of the restaurant, and the general neighborhood. I do recommend the restaurant for foodies, it's just not where you would take a date or or to impress colleagues.Special Features:
- Great AmbiencearepastDined on 8/17/2013The dining area was open yet felt intimate. Had a fresh feel to it. Nice decor. Service was great and waitress was always there to refill drinks. Food was attractively displayed and adequate portions. Salmon was especially good. My wife enjoyed her meal and was particularly impressed with the Yukon gold potatoes. We definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayTuckerDined on 7/6/2013Varied menu, but no bad food. Pizza is good as well. Service was excellent and reservations were honored with special sheeting requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & ServiceBlinddateDined on 6/7/2013I had a blind date last Friday night, we had a quiet dinner which made it possible to talk and the food was incredible! The service was outstanding also. It turned out I fell in love but it was with Crums not the date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013This place is a little hard to find. I personally drove right by it the first time by. The restaurant has nice patio seating, and has very quaint interior. The restaurant is actually quite large, but the dividing walls are well placed, to give the place a small feel. The tables are far apart enough to feel like you are having a private conversation without overhearing other tables. The food was excellent. They have a fairly small menu, but each item looks delicious, and the actual dish is extremely satisfying. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, barely warm foodKelsDinerDined on 5/12/2013I took my mother here for Mother's Day brunch. We didn't receive our appetizers or complimentary biscuits for at least 25 mins after being seated. It was almost an hour before we received our entrees. The back room we were seated in was very loud, granted it was a holiday. The food tasted very good, but was almost room temperature. This was the second time I have eaten at Crum's, and my two experiences were very different. Maybe just stay away on holidays?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!SusaneDined on 5/10/2013The food here was amazing! Everyone raved about their respective dishes. Their salmon, trout, chicken florentine, and tuna wontons were scrumptious! I just wish the restaurant were in a better part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.