3603 E. Indian School
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crudoaz.com/
- Phone: 6023588666x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday 5p-10p
Brunch: Sunday 10a-2p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cullen Campbell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our space is perfect for an array of events. Accommodated Sunday and Monday or daytime.
- Private Party Contact: Maureen 6023588666x
A word from Crudo
Crudo means Raw in Italian, that is one of our specialties. Our sashimi style plates are started with fresh fish, olive oil, citrus and sea salt and finished with perfectly paired accompaniments to enhance the texture and flavor of the plate. Our modern Italian menu is inspired by local and seasonal ingredients to create unique and memorable dishes. In addition to crudo, we have a variety of handmade cooked dishes and wood fire grilled meats. In our bar and lounge you can enjoy a nibble with garden to glass cocktails or sip on after dinner drinks. Now serving Sunday Brunch with a variety of unique twists on traditional classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crudo - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Crudo reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (55)romantic (47)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (21)hot spot (21)notable wine list (17)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food but pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Good quality ingredients and nice combination of flavors. A little too pricy for what you get. Service is good, ambience somehow elegant. Worthy to try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably good culinary foodCVcvcvVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great ambiance, setting and location. One of the few restaurants in town you don't feel like you are in AZ. The four course menu was out of this world. Truffle oil on watermelon rind pieces on top of yellowtail with sea salt was one of the most incredible starters I have ever tasted. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodmeschiniDined on 9/27/2014I've now been here twice. Both times, the food has been top notch. Subtle flavors, light sauces, but not boring. Interesting food without being intentionally bizarre. They make excellent cocktails and the wine pairing with Restaurant Week was spot on. The service has been good if not a little overattentive. Sometimes it feels slightly unintentionally patronizing. Maybe people just are unfamiliar with courses, but I promise i don't need to be explained every detail. But I digress. The dining room is well designed and open but can be a little noisy. Larger groups get seated in little alcoves which are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll go back!MrsKDined on 9/24/2014Went for restaurant week, long overdue! Food was great, our server did an amazing job, but we felt rushed... 4 course dinner and a bottle of wine in one hour! We'll definitely go back for "Polenta board" on a Wednesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto delightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014The squid ink risotto was so delicious I could have enjoyed a second serving. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- 4 delightful coursescytodocVIPDined on 9/24/2014We decided to try Crudo during restaurant week. The Albacore was outstanding. The Burrata with pancetta was wonderful but the ricotta with a honey walnut sauce makes you beg for more. The pork belly was interesting but nothing memorable. Last but not least, if you love butterscotch, the pot de creme is made just for you. We will Plan to return soon.Special Features:
- our restaurant week experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I are avid connoisseurs of excellent local restaurants. we love to dine out and we LOVE food. Crudo had been on my radar for months. I had heard nothing but great things and wanted desperately to take my wife there. Restaurant week presented a wonderful opportunity for us to enjoy a sampling of the menu at a very reasonable price. The food was spectacular, the wine pairings were perfect, and the service was impeccable. We had the best time and Crudo lived up to all of the hype and then some. My wife and I have been recommending it to anyone that will listen. Not only will we be back, but you couldn't keep us away. A local gem for sure. Thank you to the chef and staff of Crudo, we absolutely LOVED our dining experience!!Special Features:
- Foodies will love this placeaznativeDined on 9/23/2014Unique food done very well. Crispy pig ears may sound a little weird but you have to try them. Nothing bizarre but you'd never guess what they were if someone didn't tell you. The squid ink risotto is also very good. Have more conventional items that are very good but if you're going to a place with a chef his good, why not try the unusual.Special Features:
- Off the beaten path...!!PHXfinedinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014Once you find it (behind a Indian School road strip mall) and park...allow time...you will hope it remains your own personal secret restaurant (not likely). Chef Cullen is probably THE most talented chef right now in Phoenix. I don't know why it took me so long to return but with AZ Restaurant Week in full swing last week...no more excuses! We had the 4 course menu with plenty of choices and an exquisite artisanal herbal vodka cocktail thrown in for good measure. Everything was fabu. Only downside was the bait & switch when offered, as a special, and then denied (after ordering) the olive oil chocolate cake with mascarpone for desert. Service was knowledgeable & attentive if a tad familiar...okay! The setting is comfortable & clean!!Special Features:
- Well done!LovingLifeDined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed the jars. We ordered several and shared them. Don't miss the Bread Pudding jar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!Terrible owner welcomeBrunoKVIPDined on 9/21/2014We arrived on time to our 8:30 PM reservation and we were sent to the bar by the hostess, after waiting for 25 minutes, our table was ready. I did made the observation to the hostess that we were unsatisfied with the waiting time since they set us the time to have dinner at 8:30PM. The response i got from the hostess was "You are welcome to go dine anywhere else". Imagine the response! We decided to stay because is was late to go anywhere else. I asked for the hostess name to write a complaint about her attitude toward us. Unfortunately the hostess was the owner of the restaurant, Maureen McGrath. It is such a pity that such a great food quality restaurant is ran by her. We would not come back anymore.Special Features:
- Great FindScubajDined on 9/20/2014They are a little hard to find, tucked in the back of the stripmall, but completely worth the hunt. Amazing food, we will become regulars. Try the signature risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!Erin150VIPDined on 9/19/2014Typically Restaurant Week, I find, is not as good as the normal menu, but this was the exception! The four-course was interesting and DELICIOUS and the cocktail included in the deal was awesome. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Just amazing.MmmPHXDined on 9/19/2014Been here twice, both times the best food I've ever eaten. Can't say much other than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at crudoIanKDined on 9/19/2014Rwstaurant week is our favorite tome to come here; Start with the most delicious pig ears in a tangy sauce with spicy peppers. You will love the pork belly and the squid ink risotto is the best in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Great menu. Nice variety. Food was good. Had the Burratta and Yellowtail Collar, fig and goat cheese crostada. Yellowtail slightly undercooked which I could/should have asked to be grilled longer (note to self). Crostada was nice maybe too much crust. All-in-all a good meal and would go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The crudo was the starjellyrollbluesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Attended a wine pairing dinner at Crudo two nights ago. The menu was creative and the price was reasonable. Both the wine and food selections were not the norm but all sounded wonderful. We were welcomed warmly and the staff too great care of us. Throughout the meal a representative of the wine imported came around to talk a little about each wine pairing and answer questions and the chef even made the rounds a few times. The course started with an ahi crudo that was the star of the show. It was served it olivita and pickled lemon. The flavors were so bright and they added so much to the delicious ahi. The next two courses and wines were also excellent. We are looking forward to enjoying our next meal at CrudoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!REG18Dined on 9/14/2014My friend and I have gone to a number of restaurants around town for Sunday brunch, and we came back to Crudo. The food was so delicious (and of course, had absolutely no carbs or calories! *g*). The chef is to be complimented on the menu that day - that S'more bread pudding was decadent, and although I was hesitant at first at what I thought was a strange food combination, I thoroughly enjoyed the Cheddar pancakes with fried chicken! We will come back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal!lotuseatsDined on 9/12/2014Found Crudo while researching Phoenix best dining spots and was excited by the menu and concept. Its definitely qualifies for hole in the wall/hidden gem status, being located pretty far outside of downtown. But in the end the delicious meal was well worth the considerable cab fare. The butter fish was incredible, loved the flavors and the lardo was a perfect touch! The crispy pig ears appetizer was also a highlight. The wine list has some really interesting & affordable options. My only complaint was the burrata, its one of my favorite foods and I found the consistency of it here to be a little off. But overall I really enjoyed my dinner and would absolutely both recommend and return.Special Features:
- Exciting new place for a guest!FoodlvrDined on 9/12/2014I returned to Crudo with a guest, who had not been there before. I knew she wasn't totally adventurous, but knew there was plenty she would find to eat that would be pleasing to her. It turned out she loved the food, loved the staff and enjoyed the entire experience. I know she will be talking about it for quite a while to come!!!Special Features:
- We love CrudoSunnyoneDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Crudo's many times and each time we leave with a truly positive feeling. The food is beautifully prepared with layers of flavors and textures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Time - Waited too long!!DateNightDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I finally made our way to Crudo, and it was amazing. Our server, Chris, was very knowledgeable and gave us the great suggestion of both doing the tasting options and sharing. We got to experience 9 items on the menu, 2 from each section and 1 dessert. Everything was of a very high quality. The Butterfish and potato gnocchi were particularly amazing. The fig and goat cheese tart was also a hit and perfect for sharing. If you like quality food, don't wait, go here!!Special Features:
- Very Elegant foodMichaelVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very good food and unique in approach. Very sublime but wonderful food. More on the gourmet side for special occasions. Service was impeccable and not invasive. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Over pricedSBM1Dined on 8/9/2014I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anybody. The food was way over-priced. The quality of food was low and not tasty at all. Small green salad with a few tomatoes was over $10 and not enough dressing. Our server was not friendly and took a long time to get our main dish. I wouldn't go back there and don't recommend it to anyone.
- Sberg9225Dined on 8/8/2014Crudo is incredible. From the moment we sat down to the moment we were leaving, this restaurant and its staff nailed it. Our server was so informative and made great recommendations given the nature of the menu and pairing suggestions. Definitely fit for foodies and cater to all types of palettes. Do yourself a favor and order the 5 for $55, the dishes are so tasty you will want to be able to try at least 5! The Squid Ink Risotto is phenomenal!Special Features:
- Everything was impeccableAllisonMDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time dining at Crudo and it was amazing from start to finish. All the staff were on top of service throughout the meal. Our waiter, Chris, was extremely knowledgeable about every menu item and drink. The food was ridiculously good. My husband and I eat out at a lot of well reviewed restaurants and the food here was unique, delicious and presented with love. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem, indeedAquimoDined on 8/3/2014How could this place have been around for two years without my trying it? Dunno, 'cause it's rather wonderful. Easy to find, even though it's tucked away a bit off the Gas Lamp, architecturally interesting, great booths for conversation, and the food ... at least brunch, marvelous. Will be back. Certainly a place to take out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, innovative and funMaryygVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my second time to Crudo and they did not disappoint. There were 6 of us and we tried the crispy pig's ears, and they were delicious! I did the 3 course tasting menu, which is so fun and a great way to try new things. The butterfish was outstanding. The service was terrific and everyone loved their food. I would highly recommend this hidden treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's DreamNottaDined on 8/1/2014Wow, wow, wow! The food here is fantastic! My two friends and I each did the 4 courses for $45, which turned out to be a great way to try a lot of food! The Crispy Pig Ears are a must! The Square Garden drink is really light and refreshing, with a little kick. The food here is phenomenal and the service is very attentive. I definitely want to come back to enjoy more!Special Features:
- SocalFoodieDined on 8/1/2014CRUDO is one of the gems in area. The quality of the food and creativity of the chef is outstanding. Would recommend for anyone wanting a special dining experience.Special Features:
- A little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2014While the food is terrific, I think the menu is overpriced. Portions are small. Wine list is mediocre but the gem of the operation is their cocktails. Crudo offers wonderful drinks made with bourbon, vodka, tequila, rum or gin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Leisurely Sunday brunch with out-of-towners. Yum! Lookin' for eggs Benedict? Get the potato croquettes and get 'em now! The yellowtail and beet Crudo jar was a great beginning. They gladly accept reservations so you can plan your day. I've only been here for brunch but can imagine the deliciousness of dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative menu!VickiDined on 6/29/2014We love Sunday brunch, but they all are beginning to feel the same! Not so here. I enjoyed my poached egg on mushroom gratin immensely. Me friend's dish, poached eggs on potato croquette with crispy pork belly was fabulous. My husband's meat loaf burger was huge and very tasty. When we return, I will have the potato croquette dish. I hought it was the best of the three. Dinner there soon.Special Features:
- Behind a strip mall gemJerryzDined on 6/29/2014Crudo is very good food served in an unpretentious manner. We were there for brunch and I had the poutine. If Rosemary roasted potatos with pork belly and goat cheese count the old school comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One-of-a-kind Sunday brunchPennyDined on 6/22/2014Outstanding brunch! Our favorite item was the Starter Jar layered with bacon, tomato, and avocado, served with grilled bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchYayaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Went with girlfriends for Sunday brunch to celebrate a birthday. I like to consider myself a foodie but when it comes to brunch I like to see some standards. Crudo is not the place for this. Their menu is very creative, no bacon, eggs and toast here. But if you would like to start with a Mason jar layered with Butterfish, beets, Horseradish and onion make your reservation now. The brisket and beet hash with poached egg was wonderful. It's a small intimate space with spot on service. Crudo prides themselves on their fresh, local ingredients and it shows. FYI, they presented us with glasses of champagne for a birthday toast. Nice touch! I will be happy to give Crudo a try at dinner to see if their quality holds at a busier time of day.Special Features:
- Love CrudoItsVanVIPDined on 6/21/2014I just love Crudo....the food!!! the service!!! the atmosphere!!! If you haven't tried it, you're missing out on one of Phoenix' best!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014We tried nearly everything on the menu and it was all fantastic, fresh, flavorful and so yummy! I think the prices were a little steep for some of the smaller dishes, but it was a special occasion and worth it. The cheeses and the raw foods were the best!Special Features:
- Not your average brunch!PaleOneVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had been to Crudo before for dinner (which was tasty), but this was our first time for brunch. It did not disappoint. It was satisfying and delicious. A great twist on breakfast favorites. We will be back!Special Features:
- I never do thisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food & service, my wife and I enjoyed the entire experience. It made our 39th wedding anniversary memorable.Special Features: