3603 E. Indian School
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crudoaz.com/
- Phone: 6023588666x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday 5p-10p
Brunch: Sunday 10a-2p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cullen Campbell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our space is perfect for an array of events. Accommodated Sunday and Monday or daytime.
- Private Party Contact: Maureen 6023588666x
A word from Crudo
Crudo means Raw in Italian, that is one of our specialties. Our sashimi style plates are started with fresh fish, olive oil, citrus and sea salt and finished with perfectly paired accompaniments to enhance the texture and flavor of the plate. Our modern Italian menu is inspired by local and seasonal ingredients to create unique and memorable dishes. In addition to crudo, we have a variety of handmade cooked dishes and wood fire grilled meats. In our bar and lounge you can enjoy a nibble with garden to glass cocktails or sip on after dinner drinks. Now serving Sunday Brunch with a variety of unique twists on traditional classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crudo - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Crudo reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)special occasion (59)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (43)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The crudo was the starjellyrollbluesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Attended a wine pairing dinner at Crudo two nights ago. The menu was creative and the price was reasonable. Both the wine and food selections were not the norm but all sounded wonderful. We were welcomed warmly and the staff too great care of us. Throughout the meal a representative of the wine imported came around to talk a little about each wine pairing and answer questions and the chef even made the rounds a few times. The course started with an ahi crudo that was the star of the show. It was served it olivita and pickled lemon. The flavors were so bright and they added so much to the delicious ahi. The next two courses and wines were also excellent. We are looking forward to enjoying our next meal at CrudoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!REG18Dined on 9/14/2014My friend and I have gone to a number of restaurants around town for Sunday brunch, and we came back to Crudo. The food was so delicious (and of course, had absolutely no carbs or calories! *g*). The chef is to be complimented on the menu that day - that S'more bread pudding was decadent, and although I was hesitant at first at what I thought was a strange food combination, I thoroughly enjoyed the Cheddar pancakes with fried chicken! We will come back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal!lotuseatsDined on 9/12/2014Found Crudo while researching Phoenix best dining spots and was excited by the menu and concept. Its definitely qualifies for hole in the wall/hidden gem status, being located pretty far outside of downtown. But in the end the delicious meal was well worth the considerable cab fare. The butter fish was incredible, loved the flavors and the lardo was a perfect touch! The crispy pig ears appetizer was also a highlight. The wine list has some really interesting & affordable options. My only complaint was the burrata, its one of my favorite foods and I found the consistency of it here to be a little off. But overall I really enjoyed my dinner and would absolutely both recommend and return.Special Features:
- Exciting new place for a guest!FoodlvrDined on 9/12/2014I returned to Crudo with a guest, who had not been there before. I knew she wasn't totally adventurous, but knew there was plenty she would find to eat that would be pleasing to her. It turned out she loved the food, loved the staff and enjoyed the entire experience. I know she will be talking about it for quite a while to come!!!Special Features:
- We love CrudoSunnyoneDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Crudo's many times and each time we leave with a truly positive feeling. The food is beautifully prepared with layers of flavors and textures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Time - Waited too long!!DateNightDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I finally made our way to Crudo, and it was amazing. Our server, Chris, was very knowledgeable and gave us the great suggestion of both doing the tasting options and sharing. We got to experience 9 items on the menu, 2 from each section and 1 dessert. Everything was of a very high quality. The Butterfish and potato gnocchi were particularly amazing. The fig and goat cheese tart was also a hit and perfect for sharing. If you like quality food, don't wait, go here!!Special Features:
- Very Elegant foodMichaelVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very good food and unique in approach. Very sublime but wonderful food. More on the gourmet side for special occasions. Service was impeccable and not invasive. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Over pricedSBM1Dined on 8/9/2014I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anybody. The food was way over-priced. The quality of food was low and not tasty at all. Small green salad with a few tomatoes was over $10 and not enough dressing. Our server was not friendly and took a long time to get our main dish. I wouldn't go back there and don't recommend it to anyone.
- Everything was impeccableAllisonMDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time dining at Crudo and it was amazing from start to finish. All the staff were on top of service throughout the meal. Our waiter, Chris, was extremely knowledgeable about every menu item and drink. The food was ridiculously good. My husband and I eat out at a lot of well reviewed restaurants and the food here was unique, delicious and presented with love. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem, indeedAquimoDined on 8/3/2014How could this place have been around for two years without my trying it? Dunno, 'cause it's rather wonderful. Easy to find, even though it's tucked away a bit off the Gas Lamp, architecturally interesting, great booths for conversation, and the food ... at least brunch, marvelous. Will be back. Certainly a place to take out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, innovative and funMaryygVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my second time to Crudo and they did not disappoint. There were 6 of us and we tried the crispy pig's ears, and they were delicious! I did the 3 course tasting menu, which is so fun and a great way to try new things. The butterfish was outstanding. The service was terrific and everyone loved their food. I would highly recommend this hidden treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's DreamNottaDined on 8/1/2014Wow, wow, wow! The food here is fantastic! My two friends and I each did the 4 courses for $45, which turned out to be a great way to try a lot of food! The Crispy Pig Ears are a must! The Square Garden drink is really light and refreshing, with a little kick. The food here is phenomenal and the service is very attentive. I definitely want to come back to enjoy more!Special Features:
- SocalFoodieDined on 8/1/2014CRUDO is one of the gems in area. The quality of the food and creativity of the chef is outstanding. Would recommend for anyone wanting a special dining experience.Special Features:
- A little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2014While the food is terrific, I think the menu is overpriced. Portions are small. Wine list is mediocre but the gem of the operation is their cocktails. Crudo offers wonderful drinks made with bourbon, vodka, tequila, rum or gin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Leisurely Sunday brunch with out-of-towners. Yum! Lookin' for eggs Benedict? Get the potato croquettes and get 'em now! The yellowtail and beet Crudo jar was a great beginning. They gladly accept reservations so you can plan your day. I've only been here for brunch but can imagine the deliciousness of dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative menu!VickiDined on 6/29/2014We love Sunday brunch, but they all are beginning to feel the same! Not so here. I enjoyed my poached egg on mushroom gratin immensely. Me friend's dish, poached eggs on potato croquette with crispy pork belly was fabulous. My husband's meat loaf burger was huge and very tasty. When we return, I will have the potato croquette dish. I hought it was the best of the three. Dinner there soon.Special Features:
- Behind a strip mall gemJerryzDined on 6/29/2014Crudo is very good food served in an unpretentious manner. We were there for brunch and I had the poutine. If Rosemary roasted potatos with pork belly and goat cheese count the old school comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One-of-a-kind Sunday brunchPennyDined on 6/22/2014Outstanding brunch! Our favorite item was the Starter Jar layered with bacon, tomato, and avocado, served with grilled bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchYayaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Went with girlfriends for Sunday brunch to celebrate a birthday. I like to consider myself a foodie but when it comes to brunch I like to see some standards. Crudo is not the place for this. Their menu is very creative, no bacon, eggs and toast here. But if you would like to start with a Mason jar layered with Butterfish, beets, Horseradish and onion make your reservation now. The brisket and beet hash with poached egg was wonderful. It's a small intimate space with spot on service. Crudo prides themselves on their fresh, local ingredients and it shows. FYI, they presented us with glasses of champagne for a birthday toast. Nice touch! I will be happy to give Crudo a try at dinner to see if their quality holds at a busier time of day.Special Features:
- Love CrudoItsVanVIPDined on 6/21/2014I just love Crudo....the food!!! the service!!! the atmosphere!!! If you haven't tried it, you're missing out on one of Phoenix' best!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014We tried nearly everything on the menu and it was all fantastic, fresh, flavorful and so yummy! I think the prices were a little steep for some of the smaller dishes, but it was a special occasion and worth it. The cheeses and the raw foods were the best!Special Features:
- Not your average brunch!PaleOneVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had been to Crudo before for dinner (which was tasty), but this was our first time for brunch. It did not disappoint. It was satisfying and delicious. A great twist on breakfast favorites. We will be back!Special Features:
- I never do thisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food & service, my wife and I enjoyed the entire experience. It made our 39th wedding anniversary memorable.Special Features:
- If In Phoenix, You Must Go to CrudogitlawVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is a restaurant that would have a two month waiting list in Chicago, New York or DC. Take advantage of the relaxed Phoenix dining scene by making Crudo your destination dining spot in the Valley. With a group of four, you can order almost everything on the menu and share. Start off with the pig ears. And ask for the bone marrow an extra with your meat courses. It is bigger and fuller than you will get any most other places in Phoenix and you get an actual bone marrow utensil to eat it with! Magical.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceLove630Dined on 6/13/2014My husband and I decided to go to Crudo after a couple friends recommended it. It ended up being the best restaurant experience we've had in a long time. We chose the 3 courses per person option so that we could try a bunch of different things. Here's what we ordered: Albacore and Yellowtail Crudos, both phenomenal. One had black garlic and truffle oil and that was especially good. Impressive burratta app. Squid ink risotto was a memorable dish, very unique and flavorful. Lastly we had the short rib and pork shoulder entrees and each was amazing. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. The cocktail list is impressive. Overall outstanding experience and we would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the bestJoemamaVIPDined on 6/12/2014Crudo was an excellent dining experience! Innovative food and a knowledgeable wait staff made this one of our best experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SWXSDined on 6/11/2014There are many reasons to eat at Crudo, but I keep coming back for just two: crispy pig ears and the killer whiskey selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for fishKARENDined on 6/10/2014I have now been to Crudo several times, and have always enjoyed it. Their strong point is the raw fish, so be sure to try at least one of those options. I wished I had ordered another raw fish item or cheese item instead of the grilled red snapper I had, which was a bit overcooked and bland.Special Features:
- Quite Good - But hard to find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Good Food. Nice People. Cool Inside. Hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsMettle2Dined on 6/4/2014I have eaten here a number of times and the food is great and the staff wonderful. This time we tried the polenta special and it was delicious. It was a nice deal and tempted us to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodEverettDined on 6/3/2014Burrata cheese, pig ears, dumpling stood out as very good. Squid ink risotto was good, a little heavy. Definitely recommend. Water needs to be filtered. Water not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not dissappointKPDinesDined on 5/25/2014I've read some great reviews on this restaurant and they were accurate! We started with the Crispy Pigs Ears and Burratta and both were great, probably our favorites of the night. The crudo items - we tried Hamachi and Albacore - were unique and tasty. The pork belly entrée was nice and juicy and complemented by a delicious polenta. The market fish was super fresh and beautifully prepared. I've visited other local restaurants based on strong reviews and they don't always live up to the hype. This one definitely does - from the ambiance to the service to the food. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Unique dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014The menu was very creative with unusual food choices. Everything was very well prepared and attractively presented and the service was excellent. The atmosphere is sophisticated and the pace was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food at quality priceFoodieloverDined on 5/24/2014We went during restaurant week and so there was a limited set menu option, but they showcased their best dishes and they were excellent. Very fresh, full of favour and interesting ingredients. Very good service and very tasty cocktails. They were happy to tailor a non-alcoholic version for me which was excellent. The decor inside is quite neutral and minimalist but tables are well spaced out so you have privacy. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menuKriegfeldVIPDined on 5/24/2014Tried Crudo during AZ Restaurant Week mainly because it is owned by the son of a neighbor of my parents. Very eclectic daring menu that reminded us a lot of the cuisine of Italy today as compared to the usual gringo Italian Americans are used to. In general, the Arcadia district is getting a lot of these sorts of gems--a trend I think started with Beckett. Its not comfort food but a good choice if you want to try something daring.Special Features:
- So innovative!foodiegalDined on 5/23/2014I could eat the squid ink risotto everyday and not get tired of it. Everything here is superb. Come early and have a cocktail at the bar.Special Features:
- Hidden gem at GaslightBunnyDined on 5/23/2014Amazing AZ Restaurant Week experience., from appetizer to dessert, in an atrium-like setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine?MikeDined on 5/23/2014Loved the food, the wines chosen as a food pairing by the server did not work out. Drinks are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnermjrsDined on 5/22/2014The food was just amazing. The portions were small. It is not a place where you are going to leave stuffed, but you will leave talking about how good everything was. Even the next day we were still talking about how wonderful the meal was. Our server was also very personable, knowledgeable and extremely helpful and patient with all our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 256 reviews are from the Crudo reviews archive.
- Excellent Dning and ServicejellyrollbluesVIPDined on 5/21/2014My wife and I ate at Crudo during Restaurant Week. There's nothing like getting a great deal on a great meal. It had been a stressful day but the staff immediately put us at ease and took great care of us. The cocktail menu reads like a fancy food menu and our selections did not disappoint but the food was the star. The fresh crudo appetizers are excellent as is the farmers salad appetizer; so fresh with bright flavors. Our tentrees were both wonderful and the desserts were worth saving room for. I can pass on dessert most of the time but the budino and he orange olive oil cake were both so good that I'm glad we had saved room. If you are looking for something different try Crudo. Not your everyday Italian but you will not be disappointed.Special Features: