Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
7004 Lebanon Road
Frisco, TX 75034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crudotaverna.com/
- Phone: 2147051010
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
Friday and Saturday from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Javier Perez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Corporate lunches only
- Special Events: Join our monthly wine dinners. Please ask for details.
A word from Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
Traditional Italian from the south with a strong Mediterranean influence. An exceptional wine list and a full bar that features artisan cocktails.Modern New York industrial decor with a unique romantic ambiance. Friendly upscale service. Join us for Happy hour Monday through Friday from 4:00 PM TO 7:00 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna - Best Restaurants in Frisco ›
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (32)romantic (29)notable wine list (27)hot spot (20)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (17)late-night find (13)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great food even better service.DonCalzoneDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten at Crudo several times. We love the food, the wood fire oven and especially the service. Stop in and see Giancarlo... and make sure to try the muscles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- butchDined on 9/13/2014Been here before and have never been disappointed. Has become our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Beats the best in Dallas area.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceKate58Dined on 9/13/2014Like this place a lot. A bit pricey but excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gem.diningmavenDined on 9/13/2014We love this little neighborhood gem! You can always be sure the service is attentive, but not overly so, and the food consistent. Nightly specials from appetizers to entrees are always plentiful and delicious. We rarely choose something from the menu because the specials are always so enticing and never fail to please. The noise level is a little high throughout and the ambiance is lost in the enclosed outer dining area but these things are easily forgotten once the food arrives!Special Features:
- DeliciousPleasedDined on 9/13/2014I had the Scottish Salmon stuffed with crab. Absolutely, the best salmon I have ever tasted...moist, melt in you mouth. Our waiter was courteous and helpful. Will certainly go back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience!SugarDined on 9/11/2014The calamari and tortellini were fabulous! My daughter's favorite is the gnocchi. We tried their two happy hour specialty drinks and they were both tasty. Also had a glass of the happy hour red Montepulciano and it was very good. The staff all seemed to be very knowledgable, Michael was especially friendly and helpful. I have been telling all my friends about it and will definitely go back again and again. If you plan to go on the weekend make a reservation!Special Features:
- ShirleySjayVIPDined on 9/6/2014I can't say enough good things about my recent dining experience at Crudo. Outstanding in every respect. Service far beyond expectations. And the food was absolutely spectacular. Wine choices were plentiful and my Moscato was just perfect. No reason to go anywhere else for Itatalian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCBinDallasDined on 9/4/2014The food was very good I loved the carpaccio with the crispy fried capers, great detail. Our server Quincy was terrific. Even though the wine we selected wasn't available he made a replacement suggestion that was just as good. My only complaint is the ambiance. Cement floors, stone and wood walls made the room noisy even with only half of the tables occupied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but didn't like our server. It was so hard to enjoy our dinner with our server constantly trying to upsale. Instead of waiting on us he was too busy bugging us about ordering this and that every 5minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to appsRedheadDined on 8/22/2014Carpaccio and watermelon salad were great. However, Pasta was drowned in watery sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasRoverDined on 8/16/2014We had a large group ( 10) for a birthday dinner. The service was impeccable and our waiter, James, went out of his way to make the evening special. The food is excellent and the menu diverse with interesting and innovative choices. I will recommend Crudo's to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visits as good as the firstmsw1VIPDined on 8/15/2014We love this place. The food is terrific and shows creativity. Room is lively. The aromas from the kitchen make you want to sit down right now. Staff is very friendly and prompt. Wine is good with a range of choices in each category.Special Features:
- Food excellent service is great.Real4427VIPDined on 8/15/2014Great AGAIN. Mussels were great and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- Different and deliciousTaratiptoeDined on 8/9/2014If you're a Texan who is tired of the same old me-too tex-mex and steak houses, Crudo is the place for you. From smooth tomato-basil soup and gourmet salads to escargot, savory sandwiches and wood fired pizza with your choice of fresh toppings there's something on the menu for everyone. A great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food + serviceagentkyuDined on 8/8/2014Need I say more? If you haven't been, you really need to get in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crudo - a local gemCybersaviorDined on 8/8/2014We love this place. It's like having a bit of a Chamberlains, or Ruth's Chris and not having to drive to Addison. Superior service and the food is almost excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently great & unique foodTaterTotVIPDined on 8/1/2014This place is always great. It's small and always bustling during the busier hours. Everyone we have taken there seems to enjoy the food as much as we do. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny and the BoysLauraITGeekDined on 8/1/2014We have been going to Crudo's since their open, and they just keep getting better. The service is always spot on. They recently changed chefs, and you can tell the menu and food has been elevated to a higher level. I had the spinach salad, which was perfect for a hot summer night, and the Parmesan crusted chicken on a bed of polenta topped with an arugula salad was juicy and perfect. My partner had Kobe beef carpacio and the scallop special which came with lobster ravioli. She loved every bite. We finished off the night with the always delicious Limoncello cake. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHighStandardsDined on 7/31/2014I have been to Crudo several times & have a great experience every visit. The service is always stellar. On this particular visit I was treating a friend to dinner for his birthday. The staff was more than accommodating when granting my request to have our bottle of wine chilled & already at our table when we arrived. Virtually all of the wait staff made a point to come by & tell him happy birthday. The acoustic guitarist came to sing him happy birthday & they remembered my call ahead dessert request & wrote happy 40th birthday on the plate in chocolate. The food was perfect as usual& my guest had a wonderful time. We had the prime rib crostini for the first time & it was impeccable! Thank you Crudo for a remarkable evening!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerLE5876Dined on 7/26/2014This is becoming a tradition for me as this Is the second year I've chosen Crudo. The service is great, but the food is stellar. This time I had the Scottish Salmon with arugula and fennel. My girlfriend had the most tender and delicious Lamb Skewers I have ever tasted. Before that our appetizer was the most delicate Calamari plate. On it was an assortment of seafood delights and included a very spicy cocktail sauce (a bit too spicy for me) and a wonderful lemon aioli. I don't think I'll wait so long before going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We went to Crudo to celebrate my birthday. We had a large party of about 10 people. The food was amazing and we couldn't have asked for better service. The staff was so attentive that it made me feel like we were the only table in the place even though they were packed! Our server was funny. They even sent someone out to buy birthday candles for my cake because we had forgotten to bring them. This place is awesome! Would be great for a celebration or a romantic date night dinner. Oh! Ask them to for pineapple/tequila/jalepeno cocktail...you won't be sorry!Special Features:
- First time, will definitely returncicicookeDined on 7/19/2014I followed reviews from open table and yelp and requested James. Everyone was right... His service is impeccable. He was courteous, knowledgable and eager to make suggestions. When you make reservations, request his section. Like many noted, the place is small so the tables are rather close, but we were seated near the kitchen. It got us away from much of the bar noise but the trade off is that it's rather warm back there. I got used to it. Now the food... The prime rib crostini is a must. Out of this world delish. Loved the carpaccio and crab cakes. The other couple had sea bass w/risotto and seafood paellea (sp?). Both were incredible. Last but not least, the jalepeno & tequila martini is a must. Overall fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our fav's!Friscofan1Dined on 7/18/2014Best service and food around! Tried another special, and it was another hit! Food is always fresh, and very high quality. So glad they expanded it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- two out of twoSchaPOWDined on 7/17/2014This is the second time my wife and I have been there and the second was just as good, if not better, than the first. This time, we brought a friend. Carlos, our server, was very impressive. Loved the soup and appetizers. My wife's Sea Bass dish was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJackDined on 7/16/2014The Food, Service, Cocktails and Staff were excellent. The staff makes you feel like they really appreciate your presence. One of Frisco's BestSpecial Features:
- New favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our second visit to Crudo in recent weeks. Wow, what a find. We love this place. Our server, James really makes the experience. We have been fortunate enough to have James both times we dined. Great food and presentation. Vibrant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoAnneDined on 7/5/2014The menu offers a nice variety and the daily specials were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathVIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent food and service. Generous toppings on the pizzas. Delicious pasta and gnocchi. Worth the drive from Plano. I wish it was in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrudoluvitDined on 6/27/2014Crudo continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in the area. They are consistently good with their cuisine and service. They really go out of their way to make you feel llike a special customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnerBrianDined on 6/23/2014Waiter was very knowledgable. Great service. Tons of specials. Very happy with both meals. It's a little above "average" pricing, so it won't be a regular place for us but will definitely hit it up from time to time. The only "negative" is the couple next to us asked their waiter one question and he blabbed non-stop for 10 minutes. No...literally...10 minutes. It was annoying/funny. After he left, all four of us looked at each other in amazement and had to laugh about it. Anyway, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crudo dining experienceCybersaviorDined on 6/21/2014I had the seasonal Copper River Salmon. It was delectable and I recommend it. The wife had the trusty tenderloin steak (filet) which is always unreal quality for the price point. The drinks are premium priced and great. Crudo is small/intimate and a little crowded inside, meaning the tables are close together, but the ambiance is classy and subdued to compensate. We find the service consistently consultative and excellent. The close-to-home location makes it so we don't have to venture into Addison for great top-tier food. Stating the obvious, you should save room and share a dessert. Oh my. Goodbye, socks! ;)Special Features:
- BoeykBoeyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great food. A bit dark and very noisy. Moved to a different table in the non bar area. Only moderately betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual dining.FriscoDinerDined on 6/20/2014Food was good, scallops great, pizza just OK. Nice drink menu, and wine selection. Good upscale casual place for a fun night.Special Features:
- First expereince and it was greatTXDogLoverVIPDined on 6/20/2014This was our first experience at Crudo & we were not disappointed. The menu has selections from creative to "meat and potatoes" so it can fit a variety of taste. We tend to like more creative food so it was nice to find a restaurant in Plano that is trying to expand the suburban pallet. The specials; watermelon, feta, & cucumber salad with a balsamic reduction and the salmon with a wild berry reduction were very good. The sommelier and our waiter were both excellent, making recommendations without being pushy. We had a very nice experience and will return to Crudo soon. This is one of only a handful of individually owned/operated dinner restaurants in Plano – we like to support non-chain restaurants.Special Features:
- GreatJackDined on 6/13/2014Great food great service greet place to go The best in FriscoSpecial Features:
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. The food was great and the ambience is nice. Our server was nice, but wasn't a great listener and did way too much talking. The next time we go we'll try sitting at the bar, or at the least having a different server. But we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsBordiesDined on 6/6/2014The service is great and the food is amazing. I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!Dh2012Dined on 6/5/2014Absolutely delicious!! I wanted to try everything on the menu. Everything we tasted was awesome. Good wine list. Our server James was the greatest! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicebman598VIPDined on 5/31/2014Had dinner with 3 others and had great service. The food was a bit slow but ok since the conversations were flowing. The noise level is quite loud as it was a full restuarant. Would recommend but I would go back on a less busy night if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Loved the food here. Excellent ambience too. Close to our neighborhood! Glad to have a great restaurant w authentic food in FriscoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.